Beginners' Mafia 44.1: DP3

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 6:58:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Famous - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Geo - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Torton - Mafia Goon
Famous - Vanilla Townie
Geo - Vanilla Townie

LIVING PLAYERS

1. ObiWan
2. Tenebris_Sanguinis
3. TheFlex
4. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
5. FourTrouble
6. Skepsikyma

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 2:00 pm, EST, on 3/8/16.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 8:10:21 PM
I don't know why Geo of all people was shot. First thing I considered was that it wasn't Skep and that it's someone we're townreading. However, it could be a) a shot at a power role and b) someone wanting to shake things up.

What are the benefits of outing power roles today? We're a day away from MYLO and it might be better to get them out now and confirm people. Because if we wait till MYLO, scum have the chance of counterclaiming.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 8:45:24 PM
At 3/5/2016 8:39:31 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
F-16, you think it's Skep or Flex?

I'm really not sure. I think its one of them. On re-read, I don't like some of Teddy's tone. It reads as a bit too cautious and contrived and Torton did go out of his way to tie you to Teddy. It read like he saw a townie incorrectly townreading his buddy and wanted to implicate you should Teddy/TheFlex ever flip. Newbie-scum tie their partners to townies all the time. But TheFlex's posts have been very town, very pro-active, and I don't have much of an issue with his posts at all.

Skep seems a bit off. I remember in your nightless game, he was extremely aggressive with YYW and was on point for most of the game. Here, he avoided the thread when he could (I know he was camping but he did find time to post in the politics forum, and when he came back, he participated in another game before he finally turned to this one). And when he did post, he latched onto the player that everyone else was scumreading already and pushed his lynch and Famous flipped town. So, I'm leaning towards it being Skep but I'm not sure.

What are you thinking?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 8:49:07 PM
Obi's behavior towards the end of last DP actually has me townreading him more strongly than Tenebris. He was very involved and cared a heck of a lot about who's getting lynched which if he were scum, he could have laid back and let Famous/Skep/someone else be chain lynched.

Tenebris is still town - I just found Obi townier. You are still town obviously.

That just leaves me with Flex and Skep. If Tenebris and Obi played as well as they did and were scum, I'd be very, very surprised.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 9:59:07 PM
I'm guessing after the kill was stopped NP1 mafia wanted to go after someone they knew wouldn't be protected to make sure it went through.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 10:43:23 PM
At 3/5/2016 8:45:24 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
What are you thinking?

I don't know. This is where I start getting paranoid that I went wrong somewhere. I'm having trouble fathoming Obi or Tenebris as town, based on the way they voted Torton, but I'm worried I'm letting them off too easily.

Skep/Flex are the only plausible scum left, insofar as neither voted Torton when it would have mattered. Between them, I'd probably vote Skep, though I'm not sure.

Flex feels town, though I agree with your assessment of Torton/Teddy connections. I'm honestly at a loss about who between Skep/Flex we should lynch, and I'm worried that maybe the remaining mafia is among Obi/Tenebris.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 10:54:29 PM
At the end of last DP Geo and skep were the most suspicious for me, particularly after famous slipped town. Geo was the one that hammered him and Skep pushed for his lynch. I feel like if Skep was scum he wouldn't want to kill Geo because then all the suspicion would go on the him, so by getting rid of Geo maybe someone is trying to force us towards lynching skep.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 10:55:52 PM
Also, if anyone has results either way for Skep or Flex I feel like they should out.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 11:18:42 PM
At 3/5/2016 11:05:55 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Thoughts on everyone claiming today?

The only concern is that it will lead to the death of confirmed players, but I'm okay with it.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2016 11:33:46 PM
Checking in. I'm a little busy today. I'll need to read through both the other DPs again. I had famous and Geo pegged as scum with Skep following after them.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 12:19:09 AM
At 3/5/2016 11:18:42 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

The only concern is that it will lead to the death of confirmed players, but I'm okay with it.

Yeah, we reached the optimal time to mass claim. If we don't claim now, we lose the potential for claims to clear people. We'll also probably lose results if any.

I'd recommend popcorning. I'm VT.

Flex can go next since he's online.,
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:52:39 AM

I guess todays the last day we can do it without risk of mafia getting away with a counter claim.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 1:53:46 AM
At 3/6/2016 12:19:09 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/5/2016 11:18:42 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

Yeah, we reached the optimal time to mass claim. If we don't claim now, we lose the potential for claims to clear people. We'll also probably lose results if any.

I'd recommend popcorning. I'm VT.

Flex can go next since he's online.,

What's popcorning?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 3:12:21 AM
At 3/6/2016 1:52:39 AM, ObiWan wrote:

I guess todays the last day we can do it without risk of mafia getting away with a counter claim.

Yeah, that's why I prefer it today. Since scum can't counterclaim, it locks down a player or two as definitely town and we can use the collective ideas of the town to work together more efficiently. If we don't do it now, we could also lose out on results that someone may have.

Who decides the order of claims? No one wants to hand over that power to a single player. So, the "popcorn" method of claiming essentially works this way: someone claims first and picks the next person to claim. The next person claims and picks the subsequent person and so on until everyone has claimed.
Tenebris_Sanguinis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 3:34:47 AM
Vote Skep

I am the tracker, I tracked Skep last night and it led to Geo, and since Geo died that obviously means he can't be a doctor which is the only other active role possible with the setup if I am tracker. Good game guys.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 3:46:17 AM
At 3/6/2016 3:34:47 AM, Tenebris_Sanguinis wrote:
Vote Skep

I am the tracker, I tracked Skep last night and it led to Geo, and since Geo died that obviously means he can't be a doctor which is the only other active role possible with the setup if I am tracker. Good game guys.

Nice.

Vote Skep

Well done, Tenebris.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 4:02:53 AM
Vote Skep

Who did you track on N1? What were your results?
Tenebris_Sanguinis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 4:18:49 AM
At 3/6/2016 4:02:53 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
Vote Skep

Who did you track on N1? What were your results?

Geo, and obviously it gave no results.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2016 4:27:23 AM
Vote Skep

Sweet.

Lol, we had on DP1. I wish we just went ahead with that especially after famous started towntelling but it was too late at that point. Good game everyone.