Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 3:11:00 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
RULES

Gameplay

1. Votes or unvotes must be bolded.
2. You may unvote or change your vote at any time before the final vote count is posted. However, once a lynch occurs, no further vote changes will count.
3. A lynch occurs when a majority of the players votes to lynch someone.
4. After a lynch occurs, all players (including the lynched player) may talk until I post the final vote count.
5. If a majority hasn't been reached by deadline, or if a majority VTNLs, the DP will end in a no-lynch.
6. Submit night actions via your PM.
7. DPs have a deadline of 72 hours. NPs have a deadline of 24 hours.

Player Conduct

1. Don't C/P anything from your role PMs into the game. Paraphrasing is fine.
2. Don't talk about the game outside the thread or mod-sanctioned PMs.
3. Don't post in the game thread after you die and have been flipped.
4. Play to your win condition.
5. Violating one of these rules will result in a modkill.

Other

1. If you are asking me a question in the DP, please bold it.
2. Please try to maintain civil conduct.
3. Please try limiting quote pyramids. They clutter the game, making it more difficult to read.
4. Anything not covered here will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

The mafia may continue to talk in their designated PM after death.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 3:11:42 AM
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. famousdebater
2. Geographia
3. ObiWan
4. Torton
5. Tenebris_Sanguinis
6. TheFlex
7. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
8. FourTrouble
9. Skepsikyma

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 10:00 pm, EST, on 3/14/15 (pi day!).
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 3:34:27 AM
At 3/12/2016 3:26:21 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Great news. Drew town again. How about you, FT?

Yep. Excellent news indeed.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:35:53 AM
F-16, if you're actually town again, holy sh!t, the mafia is fvcked again, that's some real solid luck there. You better show it real quick so we can lynch these guys.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 5:03:23 AM
At 3/12/2016 4:35:53 AM, FourTrouble wrote:
F-16, if you're actually town again, holy sh!t, the mafia is fvcked again, that's some real solid luck there. You better show it real quick so we can lynch these guys.

No worries. I have quite a bit of free time and I expect I'll be easy to read.

Why Geo? Skep is doing literally the same thing he did last game posting elsewhere but hasn't responded to my vote. If he's town, I want him in the game and contributing.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 5:12:09 AM
At 3/12/2016 5:03:23 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Why Geo? Skep is doing literally the same thing he did last game posting elsewhere but hasn't responded to my vote. If he's town, I want him in the game and contributing.

I just figured after everything that went on last game, getting an early read on Geo might be useful but if it seems Skep is going to be inactive again we can pressure him.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 5:18:18 AM
VTL Obi
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Tenebris_Sanguinis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 5:24:41 AM
On mobile so i cant bold my text, but I think wagoning Geo is a good idea. I want to get an early read on him so i can get it out of the way, and I dont end up stuck on it like last game.
Tenebris_Sanguinis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 5:32:43 AM
It is questionable that Skep has opened the game up nearly the exact same way though. Unless he expands on it further Ill still be suspicious.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 6:16:44 AM
I have a two early townreads: Obi and Tenebris. Obi is probably town for the pressure on Geo. I didn't find Geo particularly more readable when he was under pressure but Obi's thought process of finding someone he thinks would be scumread and placing attention on them to get that read out of the way feels pro-active and townish.

Interestingly enough, I actually have a decent idea why Skep might have voted Obi if he's town but I want to see other thoughts first.

Tenebris is a slightly weaker read. I agree with both of his stances so far although its weak because Obi and I had already given reasoning so it's possible he could just have been following the crowd. His slight townread on FT makes sense if he's learning from FT's read on Teddy last game and picking up on early towntells to progress the game.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 9:31:10 AM
Skep is being suspicious again with votes without reasoning and no other posts apart from this. I'm not going to take any chances in this game. I want to see more activity from Skep so I can assess him properly but until then I'm keeping pressure on him.

VTL Skep
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 12:57:35 PM
early town read on F-16, his proactive approach and leadership mirror last game pretty closely so far.

Geo and Skep's early behaviour is once again suspicious although seeing as Geo was still town last game, the focus on Skep from others seems justified. I'd like to see if he offers a justification for his vote and if his thoughts line up with whatever it is F-16 claims to be thinking about it.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:01:04 PM
Obi is scummy for being sycophantic in a way that he wasn't last DP.

Geo is scummy as well, and Torton is being very hesitant in a way that noob scum would be right after being lynched DP1 in the last game.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:32:36 PM
At 3/12/2016 2:01:04 PM, Skepsikyma wrote:

Geo is scummy as well, and Torton is being very hesitant in a way that noob scum would be right after being lynched DP1 in the last game.

I'm scummy in one post? Great kek. Please claim.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 2:36:37 PM
At 3/12/2016 2:32:36 PM, Geographia wrote:

I'm scummy in one post? Great kek. Please claim.

Lol. The only reason I'm not voting you is because you proved last game that you will propose anti-town things as town.
- Hilaire Belloc -
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 3:26:17 PM

Please elaborate.

I don't know about Geo after the scummy behavior as town last DP. I think that it's natural that Torton is being a bit hesitant around his posts because he obviously doesn't want to say anything that'll get him lynched (regardless of whether he's scum or town).
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:09:24 PM
At 3/12/2016 5:32:43 AM, Tenebris_Sanguinis wrote:
It is questionable that Skep has opened the game up nearly the exact same way though. Unless he expands on it further Ill still be suspicious.

Agreed. I'm keeping my lynch on him until he expands and increases his activity.
John Galsworthy
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 4:33:13 PM
VOTE COUNT

Skep (3/5) - F-16, Geo, Famous
Geo (2/5) - Obi, FT
Obi (1/5) - Skep

Tenebris_Sanguinis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 5:08:00 PM
At 3/12/2016 4:09:24 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Agreed. I'm keeping my lynch on him until he expands and increases his activity.

I think at this point his activity is okay, I think he needs Obi to respond to him first atm.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 5:10:19 PM
At 3/12/2016 5:08:00 PM, Tenebris_Sanguinis wrote:
At 3/12/2016 4:09:24 PM, famousdebater wrote:

I think at this point his activity is okay, I think he needs Obi to respond to him first atm.

I'm hoping for more activity from Torton and TheFlex at the moment too.
John Galsworthy