Total Posts:117|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 44.2: DP2

Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:36:58 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Geo - You are Rand Paul. Because you worked as an ophthalmologist, you are a 2x Doctor. Twice per game, you may select a player. This player will be protected from lethal actions during that night. You may not self-target. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Skep - You are Bernie Sanders. Because you sniff out wrongdoing on Wall Street, you are a Cop. Each night you may select a player. You will learn whether that player is Town (innocent) or Mafia (guilty). If roleblocked, you will receive "no result." You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Geo - Rand Paul - 2x Doctor - Town
Skep - Bernie Sanders - Cop - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. famousdebater
2. ObiWan
3. Torton
4. Tenebris_Sanguinis
5. TheFlex
6. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
7. FourTrouble

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 12:40 am, EST, on 3/19/15.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 10:32:08 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
What a fcking play by Mafia last night.

Skep was an odd night kill though. I thought he was acting a little suspicious (the same way as last time), as Famous pointed out, and scum might have gone for the more obvious townies. Looking back on Skep's analysis would anyone happen to agree with him?

Is it safe to say scum are among those who lynched Geo?
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 10:58:37 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 10:32:08 AM, TheFlex wrote:
What a fcking play by Mafia last night.

Skep was an odd night kill though. I thought he was acting a little suspicious (the same way as last time), as Famous pointed out, and scum might have gone for the more obvious townies. Looking back on Skep's analysis would anyone happen to agree with him?

Is it safe to say scum are among those who lynched Geo?

They lynched skep because he accidentally posted his night action in the announcement message so they knew he was a cop. I don't know how you could have missed this.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 11:57:47 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 10:58:37 AM, ObiWan wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:32:08 AM, TheFlex wrote:
What a fcking play by Mafia last night.

Skep was an odd night kill though. I thought he was acting a little suspicious (the same way as last time), as Famous pointed out, and scum might have gone for the more obvious townies. Looking back on Skep's analysis would anyone happen to agree with him?

Is it safe to say scum are among those who lynched Geo?

They lynched skep because he accidentally posted his night action in the announcement message so they knew he was a cop. I don't know how you could have missed this.

If it was an inbox message I didn't get it. Check the people listed in the e-mail and see if I'm on it.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:01:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 11:57:47 AM, TheFlex wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:58:37 AM, ObiWan wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:32:08 AM, TheFlex wrote:
What a fcking play by Mafia last night.

Skep was an odd night kill though. I thought he was acting a little suspicious (the same way as last time), as Famous pointed out, and scum might have gone for the more obvious townies. Looking back on Skep's analysis would anyone happen to agree with him?

Is it safe to say scum are among those who lynched Geo?

They lynched skep because he accidentally posted his night action in the announcement message so they knew he was a cop. I don't know how you could have missed this.

If it was an inbox message I didn't get it. Check the people listed in the e-mail and see if I'm on it.

You are indeed not in the message, my apologies. To describe what happened:

Saph: DP is over, submit night actions
Skep: Investigate FT
Skep: Fvck
Saph: Don't post in this thread.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:08:29 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 12:01:27 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:57:47 AM, TheFlex wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:58:37 AM, ObiWan wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:32:08 AM, TheFlex wrote:
What a fcking play by Mafia last night.

Skep was an odd night kill though. I thought he was acting a little suspicious (the same way as last time), as Famous pointed out, and scum might have gone for the more obvious townies. Looking back on Skep's analysis would anyone happen to agree with him?

Is it safe to say scum are among those who lynched Geo?

They lynched skep because he accidentally posted his night action in the announcement message so they knew he was a cop. I don't know how you could have missed this.

If it was an inbox message I didn't get it. Check the people listed in the e-mail and see if I'm on it.

You are indeed not in the message, my apologies. To describe what happened:

Saph: DP is over, submit night actions
Skep: Investigate FT
Skep: Fvck
Saph: Don't post in this thread.

All good, sh1t happens. Thoughts on him wanting to investigate FT? Thoughts on his analysis? Would you think scum is among those who lynched Geo?
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:10:36 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Was going to re-read yesterday and update my reads but I'm really tired and can't focus well enough so I'll try and get too it tomorrow.

For now a few thoughts:
- I was surprised both Skep and Geo flipped town considering the majority had either/both pegged as scum and its definitely making me think harder about F16 and FT being a scum team.
- I was going to say Flex's first post seemed scummy (faked ignorance), turns out I was wrong. Don't really know why I'm still posting this bit.
- Still want to hear more from Torton
- Without much close attention to last day phase Famous is probably my strongest town read right now.
- Don't get disheartened, especially after we did so well last game, we can easily still win this.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:17:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 12:08:29 PM, TheFlex wrote:

All good, sh1t happens. Thoughts on him wanting to investigate FT? Thoughts on his analysis? Would you think scum is among those who lynched Geo?

Investigating FT makes sense, its good to confirm the ringers/more vocal players as town so you can trust what they're saying. Personally If i was cop I probably would have chosen F-16 because of the two I just found his posts less town but they're filling more or less the same role at the moment so that's not a big deal.

We didnt really get much analysis out of Skep, he seemed to do the bare minimum to avoid being lynched which I guess would have been good if he hadn't stuffed up. I'll look over his posts again tomorrow.

I don't think restricting scum to people who lynched Geo is a good idea but looking for people who tried to push the lynch might help.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,636
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 12:30:15 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 11:57:47 AM, TheFlex wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:58:37 AM, ObiWan wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:32:08 AM, TheFlex wrote:
What a fcking play by Mafia last night.

Skep was an odd night kill though. I thought he was acting a little suspicious (the same way as last time), as Famous pointed out, and scum might have gone for the more obvious townies. Looking back on Skep's analysis would anyone happen to agree with him?

Is it safe to say scum are among those who lynched Geo?

They lynched skep because he accidentally posted his night action in the announcement message so they knew he was a cop. I don't know how you could have missed this.

If it was an inbox message I didn't get it. Check the people listed in the e-mail and see if I'm on it.

Even if you're a replacement, you should still be in the announcement PM... (and no, I'm not in the game rn)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 2:18:08 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 12:30:15 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/16/2016 11:57:47 AM, TheFlex wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:58:37 AM, ObiWan wrote:
At 3/16/2016 10:32:08 AM, TheFlex wrote:
What a fcking play by Mafia last night.

Skep was an odd night kill though. I thought he was acting a little suspicious (the same way as last time), as Famous pointed out, and scum might have gone for the more obvious townies. Looking back on Skep's analysis would anyone happen to agree with him?

Is it safe to say scum are among those who lynched Geo?

They lynched skep because he accidentally posted his night action in the announcement message so they knew he was a cop. I don't know how you could have missed this.

If it was an inbox message I didn't get it. Check the people listed in the e-mail and see if I'm on it.

Even if you're a replacement, you should still be in the announcement PM... (and no, I'm not in the game rn)

Another Mafia game invaded by Vaarka!
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 4:18:16 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
My two biggest scum reads flipped town. That puts me in a difficult position. I am certainly open to the possibility that F16 and FT are scum buddies.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,771
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 5:42:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 12:17:35 PM, ObiWan wrote:
Investigating FT makes sense, its good to confirm the ringers/more vocal players as town so you can trust what they're saying. Personally If i was cop I probably would have chosen F-16 because of the two I just found his posts less town but they're filling more or less the same role at the moment so that's not a big deal.

Why did you find F-16's posts less town?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 6:41:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
TheFlex is confirmed town for his confusion about Skep's kill. It seemed genuine and not like his partner told him to pretend he didn't know about it.

This leaves two scum among FT, Obi, famous, Torton, and Tenebris.

I have a strong townread on Obi. I have slight townreads on Tenebris, famous, and FT so I need to re-read each of them to see where I'm going wrong. I didn't like Tenebris's vote on Geo towards the end especially since he didn't mention anything about Geo before.

I'm not confident FT is town. He certainly hasn't been as active and passionate about the game as he was last game. I'm town though and its a little off-putting why everyone seems to coalesce on the two of us being a scumteam.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:37:50 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
This definitely looks staged to me. One minute F16 and FT are talking about how they're both town. Now they both suddenly (very close to eachother in terms of timing), express how they are unsure about eachother. This seems like it's staged to me. The difference is too large for me to ignore. I want a reason why I shouldn't lynch FT or F16 because right now this seems like an obvious lynch.

VTL Fourtrouble
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 7:39:10 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:23:54 PM, Torton wrote:
On mobile. Biggest possibilities are FT or Famous.

Care to expand. Particularly on the latter (me). I haven't had any accusations of being scum yet so I'd like to see a read on this.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 8:59:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 4:18:16 PM, famousdebater wrote:
My two biggest scum reads flipped town. That puts me in a difficult position. I am certainly open to the possibility that F16 and FT are scum buddies.

Yeah I'm in the same position. It's definitely a lot more likely now that FT and F16 are scum but I still feel like the evidence for this is thin and I think it would still be more worthwhile to focus on each of them individually. That being said it will be interesting to see how they interact today.

I'd really like to see their reads on each other today.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:10:26 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 5:41:57 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
I'm not scum.

We both know that this isn't enough evidence for us to consider you as innocent.

I need to read over F-16 and the rest of you.

This looks staged. One minute you and F16 are buddies talking about how your both town. The next you are both coincidentally suspicious of eachother. There seems to be a lot of evidence pointing towards you as being scum. Do you have any reason for your sudden change in behavior?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:15:39 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 8:59:48 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 3/16/2016 4:18:16 PM, famousdebater wrote:
My two biggest scum reads flipped town. That puts me in a difficult position. I am certainly open to the possibility that F16 and FT are scum buddies.

Yeah I'm in the same position. It's definitely a lot more likely now that FT and F16 are scum but I still feel like the evidence for this is thin and I think it would still be more worthwhile to focus on each of them individually. That being said it will be interesting to see how they interact today.

I'd really like to see their reads on each other today.

Both of their behaviours have changed. They've gone from being really friendly with eachother and defensive of eachother to both putting eachother down as potential scum (right after I accuse them of being scum buddies). This seems staged to me.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:15:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 7:39:10 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:23:54 PM, Torton wrote:
On mobile. Biggest possibilities are FT or Famous.

Care to expand. Particularly on the latter (me). I haven't had any accusations of being scum yet so I'd like to see a read on this.
Yours is based on the fact that Skep was suspicious of you. Still not ruling out FT/F-16, though.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:16:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 9:15:46 PM, Torton wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:39:10 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:23:54 PM, Torton wrote:
On mobile. Biggest possibilities are FT or Famous.

Care to expand. Particularly on the latter (me). I haven't had any accusations of being scum yet so I'd like to see a read on this.
Yours is based on the fact that Skep was suspicious of you. Still not ruling out FT/F-16, though.

That isn't a reason to be suspicious of me. Just because skep is town, that doesn't mean that skep is always right with his reads. You're going to need to provide your own opinion. Not skep's.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:17:42 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Ok I've just reread (albeit on my phone so if I've missed something I apologise).

I stated above that I thought FT seemed more town than F-16 last DP. Most of this was based around FT going out of hirs way to reply to players and offer advice. I also had this suspicion in the back of my mind that F-16 was trying to buddy me. I wasn't really sure he had enough evidence to read me as town so strongly early on so this was nagging at me.

On a re read I think I was wrong. F-16s posts seem more or less identical to last game, they're proactive, engaging with people and most importantly offering lots of reads. By contrast FTs posts are mostly general advice about the game which could easily come from either affiliation. There's less substance, a lack of reads or talk about affiliation (which was brought up consistently in the feedback) and a fair bit of stalling.

I'd like to see some more substantial reads from FT.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 9:51:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 9:16:59 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/16/2016 9:15:46 PM, Torton wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:39:10 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:23:54 PM, Torton wrote:
On mobile. Biggest possibilities are FT or Famous.

Care to expand. Particularly on the latter (me). I haven't had any accusations of being scum yet so I'd like to see a read on this.
Yours is based on the fact that Skep was suspicious of you. Still not ruling out FT/F-16, though.

That isn't a reason to be suspicious of me. Just because skep is town, that doesn't mean that skep is always right with his reads. You're going to need to provide your own opinion. Not skep's.
I don't think anyone would claim any person is always right, but the fact that he is both confirmed town and a ringer means his statements hold inherently more weight than anyone else, at the moment.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2016 11:36:59 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 9:17:42 PM, ObiWan wrote:
Ok I've just reread (albeit on my phone so if I've missed something I apologise).

I stated above that I thought FT seemed more town than F-16 last DP. Most of this was based around FT going out of hirs way to reply to players and offer advice. I also had this suspicion in the back of my mind that F-16 was trying to buddy me. I wasn't really sure he had enough evidence to read me as town so strongly early on so this was nagging at me.

On a re read I think I was wrong. F-16s posts seem more or less identical to last game, they're proactive, engaging with people and most importantly offering lots of reads. By contrast FTs posts are mostly general advice about the game which could easily come from either affiliation. There's less substance, a lack of reads or talk about affiliation (which was brought up consistently in the feedback) and a fair bit of stalling.

I'd like to see some more substantial reads from FT.

I think we should get a few votes on him, not for a lynch, but for pressure. A few votes might make him a bit more active and detailed with his reads.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 12:35:18 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Just a heads up I might not be so active over the next 12 - 24 hours. I've had to take my son into the hospital. They're monitoring him over the next 12 - 24 hours and will discharge us sometime in there. I'll try to keep up and post some.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 1:12:49 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 11:36:59 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/16/2016 9:17:42 PM, ObiWan wrote:
Ok I've just reread (albeit on my phone so if I've missed something I apologise).

I stated above that I thought FT seemed more town than F-16 last DP. Most of this was based around FT going out of hirs way to reply to players and offer advice. I also had this suspicion in the back of my mind that F-16 was trying to buddy me. I wasn't really sure he had enough evidence to read me as town so strongly early on so this was nagging at me.

On a re read I think I was wrong. F-16s posts seem more or less identical to last game, they're proactive, engaging with people and most importantly offering lots of reads. By contrast FTs posts are mostly general advice about the game which could easily come from either affiliation. There's less substance, a lack of reads or talk about affiliation (which was brought up consistently in the feedback) and a fair bit of stalling.

I'd like to see some more substantial reads from FT.

I think we should get a few votes on him, not for a lynch, but for pressure. A few votes might make him a bit more active and detailed with his reads.

VTL FT

This is 2/4 so I would advise against placing any more votes on him. Doing so will appear quite scummy.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 1:15:15 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/17/2016 12:35:18 AM, TheFlex wrote:
Just a heads up I might not be so active over the next 12 - 24 hours. I've had to take my son into the hospital. They're monitoring him over the next 12 - 24 hours and will discharge us sometime in there. I'll try to keep up and post some.

Imo family should always take priority. Do whatever you need to.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 2:57:21 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
VOTE COUNT

FT (2/4) - Famous, Obi

Not voting: Torton, Tenebris, Flex, F-16, FT
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2016 11:22:48 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/16/2016 9:15:46 PM, Torton wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:39:10 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/16/2016 7:23:54 PM, Torton wrote:
On mobile. Biggest possibilities are FT or Famous.

Care to expand. Particularly on the latter (me). I haven't had any accusations of being scum yet so I'd like to see a read on this.
Yours is based on the fact that Skep was suspicious of you. Still not ruling out FT/F-16, though.

Skep said that of famous was scum it probably wasn't with an experienced player, so if you're following his thinking then who do you think could be scum with famous?
These are not the droids you're looking for.