Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:11:05 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

No one.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Flex - You are Donald Trump. Because of the massive following you have gained, you are a Popular. It takes one extra vote to lynch you. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Geo - Rand Paul - 2x Doctor - Town
Skep - Bernie Sanders - Cop - Town
Flex - Donald Trump - Popular - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. famousdebater
2. ObiWan
3. Torton
4. Vaarka (replacing Tenebris)
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
6. FourTrouble

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 5:15 pm, EST, on 3/23/15.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:22:04 PM
At 3/20/2016 9:11:05 PM, Sapphique wrote:
LYNCHED LAST DP

No one.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Flex - You are Donald Trump. Because of the massive following you have gained, you are a Popular. It takes one extra vote to lynch you. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Geo - Rand Paul - 2x Doctor - Town
Skep - Bernie Sanders - Cop - Town
Flex - Donald Trump - Popular - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. famousdebater
2. ObiWan
3. Torton
4. Vaarka (replacing Tenebris)
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
6. FourTrouble

With 6 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 5:15 pm, EST, on 3/23/15.

Well, I'm finally here.
I need to go read the past DPs a little more closely real quick, as I mainly just skimmed over them previously. I'll be back when I'm done :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:30:50 PM
Well there goes my idea for the theme.

Also if we have two mafia like last game is today MYLO?
These are not the droids you're looking for.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:45:23 PM
I want info from Vaarka. Tenebris did nothing last DP which is making me suspicious. I'm gonna place a Vaarka but just to put some pressure on him. I suggest that one other person also applies a vote but no more. This is just for pressure purposes. Not for a lynch.

VTL Vaarka
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:59:01 PM
At 3/20/2016 9:45:23 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I want info from Vaarka. Tenebris did nothing last DP which is making me suspicious. I'm gonna place a Vaarka but just to put some pressure on him. I suggest that one other person also applies a vote but no more. This is just for pressure purposes. Not for a lynch.

VTL Vaarka

How many games of mafia have you played before?
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 9:59:24 PM
VTL FT

You said you'd be "so town as to be unlynchable". Time to start showing it.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2016 10:00:54 PM

VTL Vaarka

Be very careful with your votes here. If two town members place votes on another town member and both the mafia are online they can just quick hammer and win.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 1:14:04 AM
At 3/20/2016 11:53:25 PM, ObiWan wrote:
Does anyone think a mass character claim could be useful?
I'm assuming most are going to say yes.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 4:03:16 AM

I think we should either have a mass full claim (character and role) or just no lynch to narrow the pool of suspects. If four players are left, the correct option is almost always to no lynch. With six players, it is slightly more ambiguous. Would like to hear thoughts on this.

Also, really need FT to post.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:41:14 AM
At 3/21/2016 4:03:16 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

I think we should either have a mass full claim (character and role) or just no lynch to narrow the pool of suspects. If four players are left, the correct option is almost always to no lynch. With six players, it is slightly more ambiguous. Would like to hear thoughts on this.

Also, really need FT to post.

Don't see why we can't do both. If the claims don't help find someone we can always still no lynch, but theres no point straight up wasting the dp.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:43:39 AM
I'm Lawrence Lessig and because I dropped out of the race early on I'm vanilla.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 9:47:00 AM

VTL Vaarka

Why were you so certain FT's claim was town and more skeptical of F-16's? Why drop your push on F-16 for Vaarka?
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 1:24:52 PM
At 3/20/2016 9:59:01 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

VTL Vaarka

How many games of mafia have you played before?

2 (not includign the ones in this beginners mafia). Why?
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 1:26:01 PM
At 3/21/2016 9:47:00 AM, ObiWan wrote:

VTL Vaarka

Why were you so certain FT's claim was town and more skeptical of F-16's? Why drop your push on F-16 for Vaarka?

I'm still suspicious. I just want some information because tenebris' absence got me suspicious.
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 2:16:46 PM
Alright, I just finished reading DP2

Sorry it took so long, I had an essay to write (and I'm still not finished XP). That, and I keep trying to write this during classes, but my teachers keep saying "put your laptops away", or give us a bunch of work suddenly, as well as yelling at us, so I keep taking forever to write this...

So first off, I'm just gonna put out there that most of my reads are still null.

So, just to put events into their place, DP1. Most of the players are active, save for Geo, Skep, and FT. Honestly, when I was skimming it before replacing in, I had a scum read on Geo for his inactivity. That was about it then. He VTLs someone, unvotes, suggests the idea of duo ringer mafia, and ends up being lynched for it.
Next is DP2, and skep is dead. Inactivity was/is a problem here, which is rather unfortunate...
Anyway, there were only two or three very active players, and that was F-16, Famous, and Obi (I think). The rest were mostly inactive. So, I don't have many reads from DP2. The thing I do have a problem with, though, is that it had to end in a no-lynch. If you know me, you know I don't like those. I rarely ever suggest it (not even sure if I ever have). A DP1 no-lynch, I'm okay with letting slide. After that, I don't like it XP

So I guess I'll post any reads I have.
Again, most of you are null, though I do have a slight townread on Obi and F-16. They're like on that little branch thing above the null nest.
I only really have one good scum read, and that's on FT. I'm sure you guys can figure it out from the basics, but I'll post my reasons anyway.
So, starting at DP1. Whenever I play with FT, and he's town, I usually townread him fairly early on. Unfortunately, as late as DP2, and so far DP3 (haven't really read that yet), I don't have a town read on him.
Now, normally, that'd just lay him down in the nest with the other nullers, but a few of his posts, along with his lack of posts, lower him down to that "fell through and currently holding onto a small branch a few feet below" spot. I'll share them from DP1.
DP1, one of FT's first posts to F-16, not too abnormal. However, after F-16 says he's also town, FT says in post 9:
"F-16, if you're actually town again, holy sh!t, the mafia is fvcked again, that's some real solid luck there. You better show it real quick so we can lynch these guys."
I don't know if this is exactly a normal response from him, but it just seemed faked to me, or forced, like he was trying to act confident.

Next up was post 60, and this is probably the one I have the biggest problem with from DP1.
Torton asks FT previously: "At 3/12/2016 8:08:02 PM, Torton wrote:
@Ringers, should anyone be at L-1 this early?"
To which FT replies in post 60: "I don't think it's a problem, though I would take issue with anyone who hammered."
Now, it may not be a problem for some people, but I feel like FT would at least have some problem with someone being at L-1 that early in the DP. If not, then the town FT I know would've at least added something else. Even if it was just a sentence about it, I doubt FT would just dismiss it like that. Rose some red flags for me there.

In post 109, his post saying "I'll get to this in a few hours" irks me a bit. Sure, I could let that slide, as it's not that major, but I doubt FT would just leave that and nothing more. If he were much more active, I'd be willing to let it slide as a "oh he's busy", but he left no context, and was barely active.

DP2 comes around, and the inactivity from him is still prominent. He only posts 4 times. Now, what he does post is pretty basic. He tells us he's town, his role, his character, etc. They kinda seem like reasonable claims, but they're not all that convincing. He then tells us how he's unable to post much, apologizes, and ensures us more activity later.
Then, in post #108, he says: "I can vote to ensure a lynch, though I won't self-vote. Tomorrow, I will be so town as to be unlynchable. Mafia would do well to night-kill me."

Now, I can take this a few ways. He says he can vote to ensure a lynch (he didn't vote at all), and then tells us that he will be so town as to be unlynchable, and suggests Mafia kill him. This bothers me. Him not voting is an eh thing, but what he says afterwards just seems fake, like he's trying to convince us not to lynch him in turn for a promising DP3. He then suggests mafia kill him. It also seems fake, like he's trying to make sure he doesn't associate with them at all. That, or he's town and saying that in hopes of being NK'd and not having to deal with the game anymore, which I don't like either.

I don't know if he's posted in DP3 yet (I've yet to really read it), but if he remains inactive, or barely posts at all (basically repeats his behavior from the last two day phases), I'd say I'm down for lynching him.

VTL FT
I want to see you active this DP, FT
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 2:17:57 PM
Just read DP3

Unvote

FOS FT

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 2:20:43 PM

VTL Vaarka

I think Tenebris was honestly just afk the entire time. In DP1 he was active, and you even townread him. Idk why he was completely inactive DP2, though, so I'm guessing he actually just hasn't been online.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 2:31:20 PM
At 3/21/2016 2:20:43 PM, Vaarka wrote:

VTL Vaarka

I think Tenebris was honestly just afk the entire time. In DP1 he was active, and you even townread him. Idk why he was completely inactive DP2, though, so I'm guessing he actually just hasn't been online.

Checking his account, he's been offline for over 3 days.

FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 3:23:51 PM
Alright, finally here.

Guys, unvote.

I'm reading through the game. I finally have time to give this. Let's figure this sh!t out.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 3:28:04 PM
So, it's two mafia among Famous, Obi, Torton, Vaarka, and F-16. We're technically at MYLO, so we may want to no-lynch today, to help narrow things down.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 3:46:49 PM
At 3/21/2016 3:28:04 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
So, it's two mafia among Famous, Obi, Torton, Vaarka, and F-16. We're technically at MYLO, so we may want to no-lynch today, to help narrow things down.

Glad to have you here, FT

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 3:50:12 PM
At 3/21/2016 3:47:48 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 3/21/2016 3:46:49 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Glad to have you here, FT

Right. You town? What's your claim?

o/ town

Holy...can I just click the review button pls?

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 5:16:47 PM
VOTE COUNT

FT (1/4) - Obi

Not voting: everyone else
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2016 5:19:34 PM
At 3/21/2016 5:16:57 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 3/21/2016 3:50:12 PM, Vaarka wrote:
what's your read on me?

So far, it's fairly neutral. I'd say your reason for suspecting Tenebris is reasonable, and I didn't really find anything particularly scummy (that I can recall) when I read through. I might read through again and see if that changes, but right now you're kinda leaning town.