Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 44.2: Endgame

Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 11:46:03 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Mafia wins!

The theme in this game used the candidates from the 2016 presidential election. Mafia were governors, while Town were not.

As far as balance goes, I consulted Bsh1 and Bullish for advice. The doc balances out the vig and godfather balances out the cop, with the roleblocker and the ascetic working to counter investigative roles as well. Mafia received Hillary Clinton as a character available to fake claim.

Mafia

F-16 - You are John Kasich. Because of your positive campaign and refusal to attack others, you are a Godfather. You appear innocent to investigative roles. You win with the Mafia.

Vaar (replaced Tenebris) - You are Jeb Bush. By staying in the running, you prevented Rubio from performing better than he otherwise might have. This makes you are a Roleblocker. Each night you may select a player. This player will be prevented from using their own action, if any, during that night. You may perform the kill and roleblock a player in the same night. You win with the Mafia.

Town

Famous - You are Jim Webb. Because you've killed people during your career as a soldier, you are a 1x Vigilante. Once per game, you may select a player to kill. You win with the Town.

Geo - You are Rand Paul. Because you worked as an ophthalmologist, you are a 2x Doctor. Twice per game, you may select a player. This player will be protected from lethal actions during that night. You may not self-target. You win with the Town.

Obi - You are Lawrence Lessig. Because you ran only to call attention to your pet issues and dropped out before the debates began, you didn't really have much of an impact. Thus, you are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Torton - You are Ted Cruz. Because you track down evangelicals and what they want with relentless determination, you are the Tracker. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who they visited, but not what action(s) they took. You win with the Town.

Flex - You are Donald Trump. Because of the massive following you have gained, you are a Popular. It takes one extra vote to lynch you. You win with the Town.

FT - You are Ben Carson. Because you are perpetually asleep and nothing can disturb you, you are an Ascetic. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the Town.

Skep - You are Bernie Sanders. Because you sniff out wrongdoing on Wall Street, you are a Cop. Each night you may select a player. You will learn whether that player is Town (innocent) or Mafia (guilty). If roleblocked, you will receive "no result." You win with the Town.

Night Actions

NP1
Torton - track Flex
Skep - cop FT
Tenebris - RB famous
Tenebris - NK Skep

NP2
Famous - vig Tenebris
Torton - track FT
Vaar (replaced Tenebris) - NK Flex
Vaar (replaced Tenebris) - RB famous
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 11:48:03 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/23/2016 11:46:03 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Mafia wins!

The theme in this game used the candidates from the 2016 presidential election. Mafia were governors, while Town were not.

As far as balance goes, I consulted Bsh1 and Bullish for advice. The doc balances out the vig and godfather balances out the cop, with the roleblocker and the ascetic working to counter investigative roles as well. Mafia received Hillary Clinton as a character available to fake claim.

Now I don't remember ever being given a fake claim, sapph...

Mafia

F-16 - You are John Kasich. Because of your positive campaign and refusal to attack others, you are a Godfather. You appear innocent to investigative roles. You win with the Mafia.

Vaar (replaced Tenebris) - You are Jeb Bush. By staying in the running, you prevented Rubio from performing better than he otherwise might have. This makes you are a Roleblocker. Each night you may select a player. This player will be prevented from using their own action, if any, during that night. You may perform the kill and roleblock a player in the same night. You win with the Mafia.

Town

Famous - You are Jim Webb. Because you've killed people during your career as a soldier, you are a 1x Vigilante. Once per game, you may select a player to kill. You win with the Town.

Geo - You are Rand Paul. Because you worked as an ophthalmologist, you are a 2x Doctor. Twice per game, you may select a player. This player will be protected from lethal actions during that night. You may not self-target. You win with the Town.

Obi - You are Lawrence Lessig. Because you ran only to call attention to your pet issues and dropped out before the debates began, you didn't really have much of an impact. Thus, you are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Torton - You are Ted Cruz. Because you track down evangelicals and what they want with relentless determination, you are the Tracker. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who they visited, but not what action(s) they took. You win with the Town.

Flex - You are Donald Trump. Because of the massive following you have gained, you are a Popular. It takes one extra vote to lynch you. You win with the Town.

FT - You are Ben Carson. Because you are perpetually asleep and nothing can disturb you, you are an Ascetic. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the Town.

Skep - You are Bernie Sanders. Because you sniff out wrongdoing on Wall Street, you are a Cop. Each night you may select a player. You will learn whether that player is Town (innocent) or Mafia (guilty). If roleblocked, you will receive "no result." You win with the Town.

Night Actions

NP1
Torton - track Flex
Skep - cop FT
Tenebris - RB famous
Tenebris - NK Skep

NP2
Famous - vig Tenebris
Torton - track FT
Vaar (replaced Tenebris) - NK Flex
Vaar (replaced Tenebris) - RB famous
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 11:48:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Ringers, if you could once again provide feedback that would be much appreciated.

I hope you all enjoyed playing this series as much as I enjoyed modding it. Any feedback for me is welcome as always.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 11:50:05 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Vaar, I must have forgotten it by accident while creating the new mafia PM. My apologies--although that didn't seem to matter very much in the end :P
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 11:51:15 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I never suspected Vaarka. F16 was not a surprise though. Torton really needs to change his play style though. His scummy behaviour was really misleading. Up until he posted defending F16, I was sure that F16 was scum. Torton's post really screwed up my read though.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 11:51:18 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/23/2016 11:50:05 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Vaar, I must have forgotten it by accident while creating the new mafia PM. My apologies--although that didn't seem to matter very much in the end :P

Nah, it didn't. Good game Sapph. You're running these well (though a few more time checks here and there would be nice ;3).

Also, you didn't add my NP3 actions D: (though you were probably already posting this when I sent it)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 11:52:30 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/23/2016 11:51:18 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Also, you didn't add my NP3 actions D: (though you were probably already posting this when I sent it)

After a lynch during Mylo, NP3 is simply a formality. I didn't need additional actions from you.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2016 11:58:35 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/23/2016 11:53:05 PM, famousdebater wrote:
I'd like feedback please .

Famous, I feel like you did a good job in the little time I saw you. You were actively scum hunting by asking questions, and your scum read on F-16 was accurate. Torton, while town, was posting in such a way though that I would've scum read him if I were town too.

Now, I'm not a ringer or anything, so I can't be super accurate (plus, I was here for a single day phase), but I think you're getting better at mafia and understanding/analyzing better. Did you make a mistake by switching your vote to Torton. Sure, but we all do that (and I don't blame you ;3). Good work!
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:01:42 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/23/2016 11:48:25 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Any feedback for me is welcome as always.

Yeah, actually the town were really powerful in this one. I'll explain a bit more later, I need to go out right now.

Despite mafia winning, there were a bunch of things that contributed to it.

1. Geo not being online to claim. His doc role might have saved him and been a thorn on our side.
2. Skep slipping up in the announcement thread.
3. People not being online to get a lynch done on D2. That wasted a day for the town. They were about to mislynch FT or Torton but the Torton lynch simply got delayed a day (this is why mislynches are technically better than no lynches).
4. The sheer stroke of luck of us blocking famous N2. I had no reason to block him. I just picked his name out of a hat and it turned out if luck wasn't on our side, Vaarka would have winded up dead DP3 and famous would have been confirmed town.

****

Stuff I thought was OP:
1. So many roles: cop, doc, tracker, vig, popular. Sure we had two powerful mafia roles but usually having a role-heavy town and role-heavy mafia means town is overpowered simply because there are more townies than scum. Vig in a 9P game is rather swingy as well.
2. The justifications that you gave the characters would have screwed us over if anyone checked to see that despite me and Obi both being vanillas, our role justifications were nothing alike.

You did a wonderful job being on time and starting and ending the DP and posting votecounts. I do think a little bit of tweaking would have helped with this setup. Your theme was awesome and very current. I'd suggest getting other reviewers on your list to provide input.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:02:24 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/23/2016 11:58:57 PM, Torton wrote:
At 3/23/2016 11:53:05 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Hope you didn't take anything I said personally.

It's cool. I get that it wasn't personal.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:03:27 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/23/2016 11:55:27 PM, ObiWan wrote:
Well I had no idea.

Losing the cop and doc early on hurt.

Yeah. If skep hadn't posted in the announcement PM, then there may have been a chance that FT would've been confirmed town (idk who they may've been planning to NK previous to skep doing that).

Also, obi, good job. I like how you play. Honestly, you were my biggest town read (lol), and you did a good job asking questions. I just think you could do a bit more analyzing on the answers and why they may've answered the way they did. You asked some good questions, and some of the answers you got probably could've possibly been analyzed a little more, and you may've gotten some scummier reads.

Same goes for Torton. When you asked why I dodged FT's question, and I said I did claim town, just not role claim, you may've been able to get me to slip a little by trying to push more for a claim, or getting that post more attention.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:12:49 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:01:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Stuff I thought was OP:
1. So many roles: cop, doc, tracker, vig, popular. Sure we had two powerful mafia roles but usually having a role-heavy town and role-heavy mafia means town is overpowered simply because there are more townies than scum. Vig in a 9P game is rather swingy as well.
I'll keep that in mind. I did want to have more roles to make it closer to a real game and give people exposure to them. Is there a way to make the game more balanced while keeping it role-heavy?
2. The justifications that you gave the characters would have screwed us over if anyone checked to see that despite me and Obi both being vanillas, our role justifications were nothing alike.
Should they have been similar? I made the Godfather justification they way it was because I thought it went well with a Godfather investigating innocent.
You did a wonderful job being on time and starting and ending the DP and posting votecounts. I do think a little bit of tweaking would have helped with this setup. Your theme was awesome and very current. I'd suggest getting other reviewers on your list to provide input.
Thanks. I was actually a bit behind in getting this setup together--I would've asked maybe one more person if I had had the time.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:16:19 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:01:42 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 3/23/2016 11:48:25 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Any feedback for me is welcome as always.

Yeah, actually the town were really powerful in this one. I'll explain a bit more later, I need to go out right now.

Despite mafia winning, there were a bunch of things that contributed to it.

1. Geo not being online to claim. His doc role might have saved him and been a thorn on our side.
2. Skep slipping up in the announcement thread.
3. People not being online to get a lynch done on D2. That wasted a day for the town. They were about to mislynch FT or Torton but the Torton lynch simply got delayed a day (this is why mislynches are technically better than no lynches).
4. The sheer stroke of luck of us blocking famous N2. I had no reason to block him. I just picked his name out of a hat and it turned out if luck wasn't on our side, Vaarka would have winded up dead DP3 and famous would have been confirmed town.

****

Stuff I thought was OP:
1. So many roles: cop, doc, tracker, vig, popular. Sure we had two powerful mafia roles but usually having a role-heavy town and role-heavy mafia means town is overpowered simply because there are more townies than scum. Vig in a 9P game is rather swingy as well.
2. The justifications that you gave the characters would have screwed us over if anyone checked to see that despite me and Obi both being vanillas, our role justifications were nothing alike.
I'm actually surprised no one called you out on it. I saw you claim vanilla DP2, and then Obi claimed it DP3

You did a wonderful job being on time and starting and ending the DP and posting votecounts. I do think a little bit of tweaking would have helped with this setup. Your theme was awesome and very current. I'd suggest getting other reviewers on your list to provide input.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:19:26 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:17:02 AM, famousdebater wrote:
Upon further re-analysis I realise that I town read Vaarka way too easily.

+1
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:22:00 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:17:02 AM, famousdebater wrote:
Upon further re-analysis I realise that I town read Vaarka way too easily.

Yeah, after I sorted out the VTL at the beginning, you never really raised a finger against me. Still did good though. I hope to play another game where we're both town ;3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:22:27 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:03:27 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/23/2016 11:55:27 PM, ObiWan wrote:
Well I had no idea.

Losing the cop and doc early on hurt.

Yeah. If skep hadn't posted in the announcement PM, then there may have been a chance that FT would've been confirmed town (idk who they may've been planning to NK previous to skep doing that).

Also, obi, good job. I like how you play. Honestly, you were my biggest town read (lol), and you did a good job asking questions. I just think you could do a bit more analyzing on the answers and why they may've answered the way they did. You asked some good questions, and some of the answers you got probably could've possibly been analyzed a little more, and you may've gotten some scummier reads.

Yeah I seem to have figured out how not to get lynched (hopefully this will help when I eventually have to play as scum) but as far as figuring out alignments goes I'm still trying to work it out. Apart from a couple of brief moments I thought F-16 was town pretty much the whole way through so I think I'll go back and look at some of his posts when I get time and try and see if I can find some stuff that looks scummy in hindsight.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:22:59 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Actually...I wouldn't mind getting an idea of how I did. This is only my fourth time playing mafia (that I can remember).
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:23:57 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:22:27 AM, ObiWan wrote:
At 3/24/2016 12:03:27 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 3/23/2016 11:55:27 PM, ObiWan wrote:
Well I had no idea.

Losing the cop and doc early on hurt.

Yeah. If skep hadn't posted in the announcement PM, then there may have been a chance that FT would've been confirmed town (idk who they may've been planning to NK previous to skep doing that).

Also, obi, good job. I like how you play. Honestly, you were my biggest town read (lol), and you did a good job asking questions. I just think you could do a bit more analyzing on the answers and why they may've answered the way they did. You asked some good questions, and some of the answers you got probably could've possibly been analyzed a little more, and you may've gotten some scummier reads.

Yeah I seem to have figured out how not to get lynched (hopefully this will help when I eventually have to play as scum) but as far as figuring out alignments goes I'm still trying to work it out. Apart from a couple of brief moments I thought F-16 was town pretty much the whole way through so I think I'll go back and look at some of his posts when I get time and try and see if I can find some stuff that looks scummy in hindsight.

When glazing over the game before replacing in, I actually did town read F-16, as opposed to FT. Turns out I had it switched around XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:29:46 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:03:27 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Same goes for Torton. When you asked why I dodged FT's question, and I said I did claim town, just not role claim, you may've been able to get me to slip a little by trying to push more for a claim, or getting that post more attention.
I was going to do this, but eh, I don't know. Kind of assumed it would be obviously weird, on it's out. That and the DP was ending.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:30:10 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:25:49 AM, Torton wrote:
Feedback?

I think the way you answered certain questions, and how you disregarded others, is what led to your lynch. Yes, you can agree with what F-16 says, but you need to tell us why. You need to answer questions. If we don't understand them, try to explain it better to us. When scum are nervous, they sometimes ramble on to try and make it seem like they answered, but end up just confusing town. Or sometimes they just refuse to cooperate so they don't give away their role. If I were town, I would've seen that as scummy.

I'd suggest you try to be more active, as well as work on how you choose to answer and post. Otherwise, you didn't do bad. I can't judge your first game, but I think with a bit more practice, and another game or three under your belt, you'll improve more :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:31:30 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:29:46 AM, Torton wrote:
At 3/24/2016 12:03:27 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Same goes for Torton. When you asked why I dodged FT's question, and I said I did claim town, just not role claim, you may've been able to get me to slip a little by trying to push more for a claim, or getting that post more attention.
I was going to do this, but eh, I don't know. Kind of assumed it would be obviously weird, on it's out. That and the DP was ending.

Yes, that's true, but you still could've raised some awareness of it. Even if nothing happened with it DP3, it may've helped you if we ended up not lynching you. Plus, activity is a bonus. So next time, remember to push for more answers ;3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 12:40:22 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
What a game, especially this last DP. Was not a fan of the 2nd DP, too much inactivity. But I also understand real life gets to people.

You guys lynched me at the perfect time too. Vaarka I had read as scum for a number of reasons when he started posting. His opening posts to me just had a tone of no actual scum-hunting. His trying to convince Famous to vig-kill FT and his complete ignoring of Torton wanting a claim would've solidified the scum-read for me. If Vaarka claimed it would've meant two things. He was town, or he's working with a ringer/someone well-versed in politics. Vaarka has openly admitted he doesn't know anything about politics. So if he created a claim I think we could've spot it easily. Also, I mean it when I say I had Vaarka read. http://imgur.com...

My biggest issue was figuring out who was scum between F-16 and FT. I was wholly convinced one of them was scum, just not which one. If I had to go off play alone I would've mislynched FT over F-16 because F-16 was more consistent. This taught me I need to look more into the tone/thoughts of F-16's posts over the quantity of his posts which is more of what I was doing between the two. While I might have been wrong about inactivity being deliberate the biggest tell for me that one of these two players was scum was how they interacted in this game vs. the previous. They started out similar but then just fell apart in DP2 & 3. Since I felt like neither of them trusted each other I knew one of them was scum. I might have been more suspicious of F-16 towards the end of the DP because he appeared more eager to push a lynch through at the end when he seemed to settle on the thought of a VTNL. also think F-16 best convinced town he was the more town person between him and FT by constantly asking for FT's input.

One big issue I had was with Torton's play. Again, nothing personal, but like Skep pointed out in the first DP (you act scummy when town) and like Famous pointed out everywhere you need to act more pro-town. You might not be acting scum all the time but your behavior in mafia is not pro-town either. You cause confusion among town, even as town, and I felt like I just had to disregard reading your posts because there were a lot of scum flags in them.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 1:00:28 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 3/24/2016 12:40:22 AM, TheFlex wrote:
What a game, especially this last DP. Was not a fan of the 2nd DP, too much inactivity. But I also understand real life gets to people.

You guys lynched me at the perfect time too. Vaarka I had read as scum for a number of reasons when he started posting. His opening posts to me just had a tone of no actual scum-hunting. His trying to convince Famous to vig-kill FT and his complete ignoring of Torton wanting a claim would've solidified the scum-read for me. If Vaarka claimed it would've meant two things. He was town, or he's working with a ringer/someone well-versed in politics. Vaarka has openly admitted he doesn't know anything about politics. So if he created a claim I think we could've spot it easily. Also, I mean it when I say I had Vaarka read. http://imgur.com...
I actually didn't tell Famous to vig-kill FT for the purpose of killing him. I actually did wonder if it would work, and asked Sapph in my PM.
But Flex is right about the politics bit. If you guys had tried to push me for a lynch, I would've been stuck. I know almost nothing about politics, or the candidates, so I couldn't've tried to make a fake claim.
As for my first post, I always start off with that. Plus, I needed to read DP1-2, so that's why I wasn't really scum-hunting at first.
I can't view the image ;_;

My biggest issue was figuring out who was scum between F-16 and FT. I was wholly convinced one of them was scum, just not which one. If I had to go off play alone I would've mislynched FT over F-16 because F-16 was more consistent. This taught me I need to look more into the tone/thoughts of F-16's posts over the quantity of his posts which is more of what I was doing between the two. While I might have been wrong about inactivity being deliberate the biggest tell for me that one of these two players was scum was how they interacted in this game vs. the previous. They started out similar but then just fell apart in DP2 & 3. Since I felt like neither of them trusted each other I knew one of them was scum. I might have been more suspicious of F-16 towards the end of the DP because he appeared more eager to push a lynch through at the end when he seemed to settle on the thought of a VTNL. also think F-16 best convinced town he was the more town person between him and FT by constantly asking for FT's input.

One big issue I had was with Torton's play. Again, nothing personal, but like Skep pointed out in the first DP (you act scummy when town) and like Famous pointed out everywhere you need to act more pro-town. You might not be acting scum all the time but your behavior in mafia is not pro-town either. You cause confusion among town, even as town, and I felt like I just had to disregard reading your posts because there were a lot of scum flags in them.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2016 1:12:10 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
it's still scummy to suggest it though despite the innocent intent behind it. It came off as you wanting to kill someone town wasn't sure about. Your opening post seemed intentional in no scum hunting though. At least to me it did. You played a good townie minus the opening post and those slips. Also, the image is the best part of that post. :)