Beginners' Mafia 45.x: SIGN-UPS

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:07:40 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

Mafia University is a two-game crash course on how to play mafia. Both of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Theme & Role Madness

Both of these games will be balanced. The first game will use the Matrix 6 setup--for more information, see http://wiki.mafiascum.net....... The second game will be a themed role-madness game, much like the majority of regular games here on DDO. The goal is for you to develop your essential scumhunting skills in a more distilled environment first, and then to apply them in a regular mafia setting.

Note: New players--if you are not already my friend, please send me a friend request. It makes communicating and sending PMs easier.

Vaar will be my co-mod for this series.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:08:22 PM
SIGN-UPS

I'm looking for (ideally) 6 new players and 3 ringers, but anywhere from 5-7 newbies and 2-4 ringers is also acceptable. I reserve the right to decide who counts as a newbie or a ringer.

New Players:
1. Breaking (reserved--please confirm in thread)

Ringers:

Replacements (open to all, preference given to new players):
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:23:35 PM
/in
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 1:53:51 PM
/confirm.
This looks like it soon will be a very interesting game.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:05:44 PM
If there's other beginner's that wanted to sign just throw me in as a replacement instead.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:14:28 PM
/in
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:45:13 PM
At this point, Flex/Tej probably qualify as ringers - you've both played multiple beginner series and understand how to play.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 3:47:49 PM
At 3/27/2016 3:45:13 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At this point, Flex/Tej probably qualify as ringers - you've both played multiple beginner series and understand how to play.

Yeah, I'm good with being thrown in the Ringers section. Which is why I'm good being thrown into replacements/ringers if there's more beginners wanting to join. Also, could you critique my play from the series we were in together? You could do it here, in the endgame thread, or in a PM. Your a ridiculously good mafia player and I'd like some insight if available.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 8:31:27 PM
New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2016 8:33:37 PM
Flex, if there's too many people who want to sign up I may move you over to replacements, but for now you're in the ringers section.

FT, was that an /in or no?

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 12:55:01 AM
At 3/27/2016 1:07:40 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

Mafia University is a two-game crash course on how to play mafia. Both of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Theme & Role Madness

Both of these games will be balanced. The first game will use the Matrix 6 setup--for more information, see http://wiki.mafiascum.net....... The second game will be a themed role-madness game, much like the majority of regular games here on DDO. The goal is for you to develop your essential scumhunting skills in a more distilled environment first, and then to apply them in a regular mafia setting.

Note: New players--if you are not already my friend, please send me a friend request. It makes communicating and sending PMs easier.

Vaar will be my co-mod for this series.

Sorry I'm late, my wifi's been out. XP
I'll just /in as mod pls?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 1:40:48 AM
At 3/28/2016 12:55:01 AM, Vaarka wrote:

No need for that lol. Mod privileges, y'know ^.^ Can you update signups tomorrow? I'll be gone most of the day.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 4:03:30 AM
At 3/28/2016 1:40:48 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 3/28/2016 12:55:01 AM, Vaarka wrote:

No need for that lol. Mod privileges, y'know ^.^ Can you update signups tomorrow? I'll be gone most of the day.

Sure, I'll do my best :3
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 4:04:39 AM
At 3/27/2016 8:33:37 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Flex, if there's too many people who want to sign up I may move you over to replacements, but for now you're in the ringers section.

FT, was that an /in or no?

Perfectly fine with that.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 1:28:22 PM
Nothing quite as surprising as waking up on Easter Sunday to find that half of your chocolate bunny is already missing.

All available slots are to be filled at mods discretion
New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. [OPEN]
5. [OPEN]
6. [OPEN]

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics
3. [OPEN]

1. [OPEN]
2. [OPEN]
3. [OPEN]

This1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 2:49:32 PM
At 3/28/2016 1:28:22 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Nothing quite as surprising as waking up on Easter Sunday to find that half of your chocolate bunny is already missing.

New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. [OPEN]
5. [OPEN]
6. [OPEN]

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics
3. [OPEN]

1. [OPEN]
2. [OPEN]
3. [OPEN]

/in
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 2:51:34 PM
At 3/28/2016 2:49:32 PM, This1User wrote:

/in

WELCOME TO THE PARTY :3

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 2:52:03 PM
New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. This1User
5. [OPEN]
6. [OPEN]

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics
3. [OPEN]

1. [OPEN]
2. [OPEN]
3. [OPEN]

This1User
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 2:52:36 PM
At 3/28/2016 2:51:34 PM, Vaarka wrote:

/in

I am glad to be here, thank you.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 3:35:25 PM
At 3/28/2016 2:52:03 PM, Vaarka wrote:
New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. This1User
5. [OPEN]
6. [OPEN]

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics
3. [OPEN]

1. [OPEN]
2. [OPEN]
3. [OPEN]

/in as ringer
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 3:35:53 PM
New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. This1User
5. [OPEN]
6. [OPEN]

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics
3. VoT

1. [OPEN]
2. [OPEN]
3. [OPEN]

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 3:36:15 PM
At 3/28/2016 2:52:36 PM, This1User wrote:
At 3/28/2016 2:51:34 PM, Vaarka wrote:

/in

I am glad to be here, thank you.

You must be the twin of That1User.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 3:47:21 PM
I apologize if I'm late for updating this today. I just got news that my sister was in an accident this morning on the way to her classes.

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 7:07:42 PM
At 3/28/2016 3:35:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. This1User
5. [OPEN]
6. [OPEN]

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics
3. VoT

1. [OPEN]
2. [OPEN]
3. [OPEN]

I'm already in multiple beginner things, I'll add another one as well.

/in

I hope that me playing this game in real life will help... Probably won't.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 9:22:56 PM
At 3/28/2016 7:07:42 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 3/28/2016 3:35:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. This1User
5. [OPEN]
6. [OPEN]

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics
3. VoT

1. [OPEN]
2. [OPEN]
3. [OPEN]

I'm already in multiple beginner things, I'll add another one as well.

/in

I hope that me playing this game in real life will help... Probably won't.

If you've played it in real life, then you know the gist of what's supposed to happen :3

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2016 9:23:44 PM
New Players:
1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. This1User
5. The_Great_Amalgam
6. [OPEN]

Ringers:
1. TheFlex
2. tejretics
3. VoT

1. [OPEN]
2. [OPEN]
3. [OPEN]

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:58:43 AM
One more spot open, and plenty of room for replacements.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:04:19 AM
At 3/29/2016 1:58:43 AM, Sapphique wrote:
One more spot open, and plenty of room for replacements.

I was planning to sign up but it seems like more people want to play than there are slots available.

I'll help balance the second game. Include me in the list of reviewers.