Jump to topic:

Mafia Championship Season 3

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 1:59:27 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Mr.ThingyMan has invited us again to send someone on behalf of DDO to participate in Mafia Championship Season 3.

Last year, we sent Ore_Ele as DDO's representative in Mafia Championship Season 2. Long story short, he was lynched DP2 and he was town, so he didn't win anything.

I'll copy/paste what he posted on the other thread here for easier reading and to be able to have an organize discussion.

At 3/29/2016 7:44:27 AM, MrThingyman wrote:
Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Hello everyone, it"s that time of the year again :)

I am making this post with the hopes that your community would be interested in participating in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship. It will be bigger and more epic than ever before.

This year we"re expanding once again; 136 communities will be invited to participate, making this not only the biggest Mafia event ever, but also the largest cross-forum event in the history of the Internet. We"ve also moved the venue to Mafia Universe, a new site created largely because of this series.

Are you interested?

As always, how you decide your representative is completely up to you. To guarantee your community a spot in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship, I will need to know of your community's interest within the next week (until April 4th). Following this, you will have an additional two weeks to decide your nominee (until April 18th). Additionally, it would be a very good idea to also name an alternate.

Remember that your representative needs to be prepared to deal with a lot of activity. Expect at least upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. The representative needs to not only be able to read all this, but should also at least be able to manage making 10+ posts per day phase.

Season 3 Specifics

" 136 different communities are invited to participate. If some decline the invitation, I may opt to allow larger communities an additional nominee.
" 8 Qualifying Games will be played with 17 players each.
" 2 players advance to the Finale Game from each game based on post-game votes.
" 1 Wildcard Game will be played (Wildcards are decided by a jury consisting of former finalists), determining the 17th and final spot in the Finale. Runner-ups in this game will be first in line to replace any finalists who may have to drop out.

Season 3 Timeline & Important Dates

The first Qualifying Game is set to start April 25th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100% guarantee that this won"t happen).

Season 3 Game Design & Setup

For each season, we"ve changed it up. This time, we"re doing something new again!

The setup is called Matrix12 and is inspired by mafiascum"s popular Matrix6 setup, if any of you are familiar with that. In short, the concept is that there are 12 different possible setups and the host randomizes which one is used. The players know what setups are available, but not which one will be used!

More on the setup here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com......

Regarding lynch mechanics: There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We first have to confirm the community's interest. Everyone who can and wants to join the long tourney, may sign-up on the list of candidates. The tournament only accepts 1 representative. The DDO mafia community will vote for one person to attend. The 2nd placer can be our alternative.

If no one is interested in participating by April 4 then DDO will not participate in Mafia Championship Season 3.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:02:04 PM
Candidates

Sign-Ups Deadline: April 7 - 2:00PM DDO Time

Voting starts immediately on a different thread after the sign-ups are closed. Voting ends on April 15. 3 days are given for the chosen representative and the alternative to confirm their participation and create their accounts before the official deadline (April 18).
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 2:20:54 PM
I nominate FT XD
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
MrThingyman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2016 5:52:26 PM
At 3/29/2016 2:03:57 PM, XLAV wrote:
If you have any questions regarding the tournament, PM Mr.Thingyman.

http://www.debate.org...

Thanks XLAV.

I'll make sure to follow this thread as well :)
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 1:12:36 AM
At 3/29/2016 2:20:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I nominate FT XD
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 2:30:14 AM
I'm not interested in playing this year, but make sure to add me to the skype chat again!
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 3:25:05 AM
Candidates
1. TUF
2. tvellalott

I'm assuming that it's acceptable for us to work together, regardless of who represents us.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2016 4:40:42 AM
Things like this make me wish I were a decent mafia player...
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2016 1:36:05 PM
At 3/30/2016 8:26:21 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Why not Xlav?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."