Total Posts:160|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 45.1: DP2

Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:16:06 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Miss - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Mac (replaced Fire) - You are a Cop. Each night you may select a player. You will learn whether that player is Town (innocent) or Mafia (guilty). If roleblocked, you will receive "no result." You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Miss - Vanilla - Town
Mac (replaced Fire) - Cop - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Breakingamber
2. famousdebater
3. ObiWan
4. The_Great_Amalgam
5. TheFlex
6. The-Voice-of-Truth
7. bsh1

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 10:20 pm, EST, on 4/9/16.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:25:05 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Official Vote Count

Not voting: Breaking, famous, Obi, Amal, Flex, VoT, bsh

If you believe I miscounted, please let me know and I will recount
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:44:27 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
VTL Bsh
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:47:52 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Scum has either a Roleblocker or a goon.

If there's a doctor, they need to claim.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:52:21 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
No, wait, that would be stupid. If there's a doc, don't claim.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:54:32 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I don't know if the part concerning the Roleblocker in the Cop explanation hints at there being one this game, or if it is simply c/p'd regardless of used matrix set-up.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:55:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 2:54:32 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I don't know if the part concerning the Roleblocker in the Cop explanation hints at there being one this game, or if it is simply c/p'd regardless of used matrix set-up.

The latter. All possible role PMs were listed in the google doc.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:56:07 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Looked back at the doc. It's c/p'd.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:56:36 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 2:55:33 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 4/7/2016 2:54:32 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I don't know if the part concerning the Roleblocker in the Cop explanation hints at there being one this game, or if it is simply c/p'd regardless of used matrix set-up.

The latter. All possible role PMs were listed in the google doc.

Yeah. I went back and looked.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 2:58:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Official Vote Count

Bsh (1/4) - VoT

Not voting: Breaking, famous, Obi, Amal, Flex, bsh

If you believe I miscounted, please let me know and I will recount
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 3:03:01 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Okay, I got the DP rolling. I'm tired, so I'm gonna go to bed. I will be back on tomorrow morning or later tonight if I can't sleep.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 3:15:49 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 2:25:05 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Official Vote Count

Not voting: Breaking, famous, Obi, Amal, Flex, VoT, bsh

If you believe I miscounted, please let me know and I will recount

lol, right first time!
These are not the droids you're looking for.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 3:18:33 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
It turned out to be a master stroke but lynching fire seems to be an odd choice. He hadn't done anything to help the town and even if he was replaced we'd still be going into dp2 with a player that no one has any reads on so it seems like mafia would rather keep fire alive. This makes me think maybe newer players are scum.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 8:10:46 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 3:18:33 AM, ObiWan wrote:
It turned out to be a master stroke but lynching fire seems to be an odd choice. He hadn't done anything to help the town and even if he was replaced we'd still be going into dp2 with a player that no one has any reads on so it seems like mafia would rather keep fire alive. This makes me think maybe newer players are scum.

Well last game Amalgram was the most suspicious noob.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 10:33:19 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 3:18:33 AM, ObiWan wrote:
It turned out to be a master stroke but lynching fire seems to be an odd choice. He hadn't done anything to help the town and even if he was replaced we'd still be going into dp2 with a player that no one has any reads on so it seems like mafia would rather keep fire alive. This makes me think maybe newer players are scum.

Are there 2 or 3 scum this set-up? If 2, breaking and Amal are noobs, so the scum team could very well be them.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 10:34:01 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Which would make sense with Amal's extreme defensiveness....
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 10:34:38 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
Eh, let's go with it.

Unvote VTL Amal
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:53:51 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 3:18:33 AM, ObiWan wrote:
It turned out to be a master stroke but lynching fire seems to be an odd choice. He hadn't done anything to help the town and even if he was replaced we'd still be going into dp2 with a player that no one has any reads on so it seems like mafia would rather keep fire alive. This makes me think maybe newer players are scum.

You think it's two newb scum? I have a read it's a ringer guiding a newb.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 11:54:22 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 2:47:52 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Scum has either a Roleblocker or a goon.

: If there's a doctor, they need to claim.

This was odd. I know you backtracked on it. But still....odd.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:12:36 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 11:54:22 AM, TheFlex wrote:
At 4/7/2016 2:47:52 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Scum has either a Roleblocker or a goon.

: If there's a doctor, they need to claim.

This was odd. I know you backtracked on it. But still....odd.

Yeah. It was midnight. I figured that there was no Cop, so if there's a doc, it won't matter much. But then I remembered that the doc could still protect other townies. IT was just a matter of me having 2 hours of sleep in the past 2 days and me being tired.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:23:17 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Just to add on, under only a few circumstances should the doc claim (mafia fake claims doc, you're at L1, etc.). Do not just throw the claim out for towncred. If a NP goes by and there's no NK the doc protected a townie. The person is a confirmed town. Use that to figure out who is/isn't scum.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:32:53 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 11:53:26 AM, TheFlex wrote:
VTL Amal

Bold it, mane.

Follow through from the last DP. Since MB8 didn't flip scum, pressuring Amal.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:33:19 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 12:32:53 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/7/2016 11:53:26 AM, TheFlex wrote:
VTL Amal

Bold it, mane.

Follow through from the last DP. Since MB8 didn't flip scum, pressuring Amal.

My bad.

VTL Amal
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,571
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:34:14 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 2:58:33 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Official Vote Count

Bsh (1/4) - VoT

Not voting: Breaking, famous, Obi, Amal, Flex, bsh

If you believe I miscounted, please let me know and I will recount

You've screwed this one up big time.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:41:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Official Vote Count

Amal (2/4) - VoT, Flex

Not voting: Breaking, famous, Obi, Amal, bsh

If you believe I miscounted, please let me know and I will recount
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
breakingamber
Posts: 1,422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:55:13 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
I have increasing reason to believe that Amalgam is scum. Including buddying. Or is that just townreading people?

VTL Amalgam
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 12:58:46 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 12:55:13 PM, breakingamber wrote:
I have increasing reason to believe that Amalgam is scum. Including buddying. Or is that just townreading people?

VTL Amalgam

So besides buddying, why is he scummy?
TheFlex
Posts: 1,745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 1:00:02 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/7/2016 12:55:13 PM, breakingamber wrote:
I have increasing reason to believe that Amalgam is scum. Including buddying. Or is that just townreading people?

VTL Amalgam

For the latter half, you need to be able to make sense of why someone is buddying up. When you read it, try to read the tone. Does it feel forced? Does it feel genuine? What's his line of thinking and does it make sense?