Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 45.1: DP3

Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:04:07 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Bsh - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Obi - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Miss - Vanilla - Town
Mac (replaced Fire) - Cop - Town
Bsh - Vanilla - Town
Obi - Vanilla - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Breakingamber
2. famousdebater
3. The_Great_Amalgam
4. TheFlex
5. The-Voice-of-Truth

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:00 pm, EST, on 4/12/16.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:44:46 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
OK, giys, I know I'm looking like scum right now, but hear me out. I did this in my PM during the NP, so I'm gonna c/p it onto hear, but I'm gonna modify it a bit to adhere to the situation. Follow this logic, and you have any questions, ask me:

=============================================

Alive Now:
1. Breakingamber
2. famousdebater
3. The_Great_Amalgam
5. TheFlex
6. The-Voice-of-Truth

Known Town to me:
The-Voice-of-Truth

Flex is acting within his town meta, from what I have observed of it anyway, so I have no real suspicion of him.

This then leaves:
1. Breakingamber
2. famousdebater
3. The_Great_Amalgam

I have consistently scumread/held suspicion both Amber and Amal, and have townread/nullread Famous for the whole game, since he seems to be acting normal.

This would leave:
1. Breakingamber
2. The_Great_Amalgam

There's the scum team right there.

=============================================

Any questions?

Also, I have something on Amber. Last lynch was a test on him. He didn't scumread bsh, remember? Then why did he vote for him? Because I told him to? That's not good enough. Even a noob would have seen what I was doing, so if he didn't scumread bsh, he wouldn't have voted -- or shouldn't have, rather -- but he did. This means that he most likely knew he was VTLing town, and he saw what I was going to do, and he knew that I would look scummy for hammering, and not him.

As well, he blatantly disregarded my questions, even when I pointed it out, and his question concerning the Roleblocker suggested foreknowledge.

So, with all of this in mind:

VTL Amber
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:47:09 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I'll be back on a little bit tomorrow. Maybe.
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
The_Great_Amalgam
Posts: 1,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 4:14:41 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
After rereading the DP's I have changed my mind on Amber. I thought that there was no way for Amber to be Mafia because they didn't know that Vaarka was a mod. But then I discovered something. Look at the opening post (second for the first one) that Sapphique made for each DP:

At 4/3/2016 12:48:47 AM, Sapphique wrote:
SETUP

Because DDO formatting won't let me post tables, here's the link to the Matrix 6 setup, as well as a list of all possible role PMs. This is very important, so please read it:

https://docs.google.com...

COMMONLY USED TERMS

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Breakingamber
2. fire_wings
3. famousdebater
4. ObiWan
5. The_Great_Amalgam
6. missbailey8
7. TheFlex
8. The-Voice-of-Truth
9. bsh1

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 9:50 pm, EST, on 4/5/16.


At 4/7/2016 2:16:06 AM, Sapphique wrote:
LYNCHED LAST DP

Miss - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Mac (replaced Fire) - You are a Cop. Each night you may select a player. You will learn whether that player is Town (innocent) or Mafia (guilty). If roleblocked, you will receive "no result." You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Miss - Vanilla - Town
Mac (replaced Fire) - Cop - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Breakingamber
2. famousdebater
3. ObiWan
4. The_Great_Amalgam
5. TheFlex
6. The-Voice-of-Truth
7. bsh1

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 10:20 pm, EST, on 4/9/16.


At 4/10/2016 3:04:07 AM, Sapphique wrote:
LYNCHED LAST DP

Bsh - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Obi - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Miss - Vanilla - Town
Mac (replaced Fire) - Cop - Town
Bsh - Vanilla - Town
Obi - Vanilla - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Breakingamber
2. famousdebater
3. The_Great_Amalgam
4. TheFlex
5. The-Voice-of-Truth

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:00 pm, EST, on 4/12/16.


Pay attention to the list. Notice a name that doesn't show up? That's right, Vaarka. And I believe that Amber would read the opening post, especially for the first DP. It list the players not the mods. There would be no way for Amber to think that Vaarka would be a player, because Vaarka's name was never in the list of players. I have enough reason to put a FOS on both Amber and VoT!

Are there holes in my theory... Yes. But, the theory is enough to have suspicion on Amber being scum. If Amber isn't scum, then they never read none of the first post, even in the first post of the sign up. And remember, Vaarka has been posting the votes, and not once did Amber complain then. Amber, did you read the first post? Because if you did, then their is a problem.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 4:36:43 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 4:14:41 AM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
Pay attention to the list. Notice a name that doesn't show up? That's right, Vaarka. And I believe that Amber would read the opening post, especially for the first DP. It list the players not the mods. There would be no way for Amber to think that Vaarka would be a player, because Vaarka's name was never in the list of players. I have enough reason to put a FOS on both Amber and VoT!

Not paying attention is generally a town-slip. There is no reason to suspect anyone implicated in that event for any reason regarding the circumstances surrounding that event. If you scumread me for townreading Amber because of that, then you fail to account for the fact that Flex agreed with me. Why not be suspicious of him?

Are there holes in my theory... Yes. But, the theory is enough to have suspicion on Amber being scum. If Amber isn't scum, then they never read none of the first post, even in the first post of the sign up. And remember, Vaarka has been posting the votes, and not once did Amber complain then. Amber, did you read the first post? Because if you did, then their is a problem.

I think Amber is scum for other reasons. There are too many holes in your theory to make it worth anything substantive, let alone get an FOS.
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
The_Great_Amalgam
Posts: 1,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 4:44:25 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 4:36:43 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/10/2016 4:14:41 AM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
Pay attention to the list. Notice a name that doesn't show up? That's right, Vaarka. And I believe that Amber would read the opening post, especially for the first DP. It list the players not the mods. There would be no way for Amber to think that Vaarka would be a player, because Vaarka's name was never in the list of players. I have enough reason to put a FOS on both Amber and VoT!

Not paying attention is generally a town-slip. There is no reason to suspect anyone implicated in that event for any reason regarding the circumstances surrounding that event. If you scumread me for townreading Amber because of that, then you fail to account for the fact that Flex agreed with me. Why not be suspicious of him?

I wasn't accusing you of being scum because of that, I still have my ideas from the previous DP.

Are there holes in my theory... Yes. But, the theory is enough to have suspicion on Amber being scum. If Amber isn't scum, then they never read none of the first post, even in the first post of the sign up. And remember, Vaarka has been posting the votes, and not once did Amber complain then. Amber, did you read the first post? Because if you did, then their is a problem.

I think Amber is scum for other reasons. There are too many holes in your theory to make it worth anything substantive, let alone get an FOS.

I agreed with the points you made above, but I am just wondering how wouldn't Amber know that Vaarka wasn't a mod. It was pretty obvious since the beginning that he was a mod, with every post he made being official, and his name not being in the player list so if Amber read it, they would know that Vaarka wasn't a player.

I also said that their were holes and I don't find this theory to be 100% true or worth it. Probably 35-60% to me at least. To me, the theory gives me enough to suspect Amber could be scum. The idea might not to you, but I digress.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,580
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 4:53:24 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 4:44:25 AM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 4/10/2016 4:36:43 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Not paying attention is generally a town-slip. There is no reason to suspect anyone implicated in that event for any reason regarding the circumstances surrounding that event. If you scumread me for townreading Amber because of that, then you fail to account for the fact that Flex agreed with me. Why not be suspicious of him?

I wasn't accusing you of being scum because of that, I still have my ideas from the previous DP.

So you had reason to FOS me previously? Then why wait until this, and then try to use it as a vehicle to justify the FOS?

And, if you don;t mind, please divulge your ideas as to why I and Amber are scum.

Are there holes in my theory... Yes. But, the theory is enough to have suspicion on Amber being scum. If Amber isn't scum, then they never read none of the first post, even in the first post of the sign up. And remember, Vaarka has been posting the votes, and not once did Amber complain then. Amber, did you read the first post? Because if you did, then their is a problem.

I think Amber is scum for other reasons. There are too many holes in your theory to make it worth anything substantive, let alone get an FOS.

I agreed with the points you made above, but I am just wondering how wouldn't Amber know that Vaarka wasn't a mod. It was pretty obvious since the beginning that he was a mod, with every post he made being official, and his name not being in the player list so if Amber read it, they would know that Vaarka wasn't a player.

He either 1) didn't read the OP, which means one of either 2 things: he either is scum and was reckless, or he is town and wanted to jump into the game; or 2) he hammered away at Vaarka in an attempt to gain towncred as scum, knowing that we would more then likely townread him because of it. Of course, this is all WIFOM and I tend to stray from it, since it is all here-say and what-ifs and maybes.

I also said that their were holes and I don't find this theory to be 100% true or worth it. Probably 35-60% to me at least. To me, the theory gives me enough to suspect Amber could be scum. The idea might not to you, but I digress.

I would say more like 20% at the max, just because I have seen similar events occur before in mafia. It really doesn't do much to implicate anyone.
"You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding, managing to push open doors that weren't meant to be opened, only to find that there's no floor, so you instead become spiderman and crawl on the walls." -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door
The_Great_Amalgam
Posts: 1,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:13:43 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 4:53:24 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/10/2016 4:44:25 AM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

I wasn't accusing you of being scum because of that, I still have my ideas from the previous DP.

So you had reason to FOS me previously? Then why wait until this, and then try to use it as a vehicle to justify the FOS?

I had been voting for you since the beginning of the the second DP. I wasn't using this to justify my FOS.

And, if you don;t mind, please divulge your ideas as to why I and Amber are scum.

The friendliness in the beginning of DP 1, the passive aggressiveness against Bsh, and the scummy way you VTL'd Bsh... But, I feel like that had to be done. Unfortunately Bsh turned out to be townie. Right now though, I feel like this is my list of scummy to townie:

Amber, VoT, Famous=Flex (Famous and Flex both seem townie equally.)

I agreed with the points you made above, but I am just wondering how wouldn't Amber know that Vaarka wasn't a mod. It was pretty obvious since the beginning that he was a mod, with every post he made being official, and his name not being in the player list so if Amber read it, they would know that Vaarka wasn't a player.

He either 1) didn't read the OP, which means one of either 2 things: he either is scum and was reckless, or he is town and wanted to jump into the game; or 2) he hammered away at Vaarka in an attempt to gain towncred as scum, knowing that we would more then likely townread him because of it. Of course, this is all WIFOM and I tend to stray from it, since it is all here-say and what-ifs and maybes.

I still don't get what the WIFOM means, but what you are saying makes sense. I can't find anything you say here wrong.

I also said that their were holes and I don't find this theory to be 100% true or worth it. Probably 35-60% to me at least. To me, the theory gives me enough to suspect Amber could be scum. The idea might not to you, but I digress.

I would say more like 20% at the max, just because I have seen similar events occur before in mafia. It really doesn't do much to implicate anyone.

I guess different views then. Besides, even if it is 20%, your own points probably would add to give me a FOS on Amber,
The_Great_Amalgam
Posts: 1,130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 1:14:25 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/5/2016 4:56:04 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

At 4/5/2016 4:32:43 PM, famousdebater wrote:

At 4/7/2016 12:55:13 PM, breakingamber wrote:

GG Townies, should have killed me the first second you got.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:37:44 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
FINAL VOTE COUNT

Breaking (3/3) - VoT, Amal, Flex

Not voting: Breaking, Famous

Breaking was lynched! He was a Vanilla Townie.

The game is over. Stop posting.
Endgame will be up shortly.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
breakingamber
Posts: 1,422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:57:41 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
F*ck you VoT. You told me to do something and now you're scumreading me for it?
VTL VoT
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
breakingamber
Posts: 1,422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:58:38 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:57:41 PM, breakingamber wrote:
F*ck you VoT. You told me to do something and now you're scumreading me for it?
VTL VoT

oops.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:58:47 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
At 4/10/2016 2:57:41 PM, breakingamber wrote:
F*ck you VoT. You told me to do something and now you're scumreading me for it?
VTL VoT

Cut the cursing, please. The game is over in any case.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch