Beginners' Mafia 45.1: ENDGAME

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:52:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Mafia wins!

This game used row 2 of the Matrix 6 setup, so the full setup was 5 Vanillas, 1 Doctor, 1 Cop, 1 Roleblocker, and 1 Goon.

Mafia

Flex - You are a Goon. You have no special abilities. You win with the Mafia.

Amal - You are a Roleblocker. Each night you may select a player. This player will be prevented from using their own action, if any, during that night. You may perform the kill and roleblock a player in the same night. You win with the Mafia.

Town

Breaking - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Mac (replaced Fire) - You are a Cop. Each night you may select a player. You will learn whether that player is Town (innocent) or Mafia (guilty). If roleblocked, you will receive "no result." You win with the Town.

Famous - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Obi - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Mb8 - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

VoT - You are a Doctor. Each night you may select a player. This player will be protected from lethal actions during that night. You may not self-target. You win with the Town.

Bsh - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Night Actions

NP1
VOT - doc Flex
Mac - cop famous
Amal - RB Obi
Amal - NK Mac (fire)

NP2
VOT - doc Flex
Amal - NK Obi
Amal - RB famous
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:55:26 PM
Tremendous thanks to Vaar for co-modding with me, and thanks to all of you for playing. I hope you had a fun time. As always, feedback for me or Vaar is welcome.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 2:56:33 PM
I love how VoT was saving the life of the mafia, lol.

But I am surprised VoT was the Doctor. He was the last on my list. Also a lesson should be learned. If there are 5 people left, and you haven't killed a single mafia yet, probably don't vote on someone until everyone has come to agreement, else you'll get a Zerg Rush. Good game though everyone. Can't wait for Round 2!
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:00:17 PM
That was the stupidest DP I've ever participated in.

I can't believe that VoT used that scum-test on me - and that I fell for it!

I want to lynch him right now. Sadly, the game is over.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:00:59 PM
I'd like to hear VoT's analysis on this before I lynch him next game.
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:01:01 PM
Great game, everyone. I'm debating on screenshotting the Mafia PM and posting it here so town can peek into the mind of scum. Thoughts?
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:02:43 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:01:01 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Great game, everyone. I'm debating on screenshotting the Mafia PM and posting it here so town can peek into the mind of scum. Thoughts?

But I post my super secret diary in that pm!

Joke aside, I'll be cool for that.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:04:03 PM
As a general rule, never rush into MyLo with a vote. It's called "mislynch and lose" for a reason. Also, the hammer on Bsh1 before he had a chance to even claim was a poor decision on town's part. I think you all saw his post-mortem mini rant so I'll leave it at that. The NP1 cop kill was also something that could've gone a lot better for town. Losing the cop that early without any results helped mafia a lot. VoT did do well in disguising the fact that he was the Doctor, though.

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:07:22 PM
If Amal, Saph, or Vaar could do it before tonight that'll be good otherwise I'll handle it. I got a lot of errands to run today so I won't be able to do that until tonight, maybe tomorrow.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:10:04 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:04:03 PM, Sapphique wrote:
As a general rule, never rush into MyLo with a vote. It's called "mislynch and lose" for a reason. Also, the hammer on Bsh1 before he had a chance to even claim was a poor decision on town's part. I think you all saw his post-mortem mini rant so I'll leave it at that. The NP1 cop kill was also something that could've gone a lot better for town. Losing the cop that early without any results helped mafia a lot. VoT did do well in disguising the fact that he was the Doctor, though.

VoT definitely had me fooled there. I was thinking he was just a VT because he was an aggressive townie. I was thinking Famous or Obi was doc because they were more reserved/less active. Like, they were town but not trying to draw attention to themselves.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:10:39 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:07:22 PM, TheFlex wrote:
If Amal, Saph, or Vaar could do it before tonight that'll be good otherwise I'll handle it. I got a lot of errands to run today so I won't be able to do that until tonight, maybe tomorrow.

I also have to go out now. We can leave it with Amal or Vaar, then.

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:11:19 PM

That would be a lot of pictures, considering it is 115+ post.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:11:35 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:07:36 PM, famousdebater wrote:
TheFlex played incredibly well to conceal the fact that he was scum. Good game guys!

Thank you.
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:12:49 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:10:39 PM, Sapphique wrote:

I also have to go out now. We can leave it with Amal or Vaar, then.

I'll also be busy. I can probably do it around 9 P.M CST but I would have to figure out how to do pictures on this forum :P

Vaar is also hiking, so maybe he will get good wifi and post it?
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:13:12 PM
I was so caught up with the main forum drama that I completely forgot that it was MYLO. I would have been more careful if I had been paying more attention.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:16:15 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:11:19 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

It'd be worth it though so town gets to see how scum behaves. This game is all behavioral analysis. It would take around 10-15 minutes to post the PMs in paint and upload to imgur. I can handle it later on, no worries.
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 3:19:50 PM
At 4/10/2016 3:16:15 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 4/10/2016 3:11:19 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

It'd be worth it though so town gets to see how scum behaves. This game is all behavioral analysis. It would take around 10-15 minutes to post the PMs in paint and upload to imgur. I can handle it later on, no worries.

Got it, thanks.
FourTrouble
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 4:46:28 PM

I'd be curious to see it. I'd be happy to offer feedback on your thought process and planning, too.
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:03:24 PM
Tell the truth, I thought Amalgam was town.
- Master Elodin

- Edgedancer
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:18:28 PM
At 4/10/2016 4:46:28 PM, FourTrouble wrote:

I'd be curious to see it. I'd be happy to offer feedback on your thought process and planning, too.

Fire away! Would love some feedback.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:50:47 PM
Might not be able to get the Mafia PM up until tomorrow. Son is sick and we had to go to the hospital.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:54:47 PM
At 4/10/2016 4:59:15 PM, childfornicator wrote:
Can I play?

Not in this series since it's already ongoing, but I can reserve you a spot in the next one. I'll notify you when it's in signups.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:55:44 PM
At 4/10/2016 5:50:47 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Might not be able to get the Mafia PM up until tomorrow. Son is sick and we had to go to the hospital.

Hope he gets well soon =O

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 5:58:41 PM
At 4/10/2016 5:55:44 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 4/10/2016 5:50:47 PM, TheFlex wrote:

Hope he gets well soon =O

I hope so too. Take the time you need to, we can wait. :)
childfornicator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 6:07:29 PM
At 4/10/2016 5:54:47 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Can I play?

Not in this series since it's already ongoing, but I can reserve you a spot in the next one. I'll notify you when it's in signups.

Okay thanks.

How do you play?
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 6:13:52 PM
At 4/10/2016 6:07:29 PM, childfornicator wrote:
Can I play?

Okay thanks.

How do you play?

The introduction and linked documents below should help. Also, feel free to just read through that game, which just ended (hence this endgame thread), to get an idea of how things work.
http://www.debate.org...

childfornicator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 6:18:53 PM
At 4/10/2016 6:13:52 PM, Sapphique wrote:
At 4/10/2016 6:07:29 PM, childfornicator wrote:
Can I play?

Okay thanks.

How do you play?

The introduction and linked documents below should help. Also, feel free to just read through that game, which just ended (hence this endgame thread), to get an idea of how things work.
http://www.debate.org...

Okay I will. Thanks bro
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/10/2016 6:47:51 PM
At 4/10/2016 2:56:33 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
I love how VoT was saving the life of the mafia, lol.

Heh.

But I am surprised VoT was the Doctor. He was the last on my list. Also a lesson should be learned. If there are 5 people left, and you haven't killed a single mafia yet, probably don't vote on someone until everyone has come to agreement, else you'll get a Zerg Rush. Good game though everyone. Can't wait for Round 2!

I guess I did a good job at concealing it. :P

GG, BTDubs. I thought you were suspicious, but GG. Is this your first game?
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.