Beginners' Mafia 45.2: ENDGAME

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:13:06 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Town wins!

The theme in this game used animated disney princesses (obviously). 2D animated princesses were town, and the 3D animated princesses were mafia.

Sapph can explain the balance...

Mafia

Breaking - You are Merida. Your father gave you a bow and arrows for your birthday, and you've spent countless hours in the woods practicing until your aim is impeccable. You're able to stalk your prey, watching the animals in silence beyond your bowstring. Thus, you are the Stalker. Each night you may select another player. You will learn their role (but not affiliation). You win with the Mafia.

Famous - You are Rapunzel. You"ve always felt that the floating lanterns you see outside of your tower are somehow significant, and you eventually succeed in getting Flynn to take you to see them. This makes you a Lookout. Each night you may select another player. You will learn who visited them, but not what action(s) were performed. You win with the Mafia

Town

VOT - You are Aurora. Because you spent such a long time asleep and never really took any action of your own, you are a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

Bsh " You are Pocahontas. Because you risked your life to save that of John Smith, you are a Bodyguard. Each night you select another player. All lethal actions targeting that player will be redirected to you, instead. You win with the Town.

XLAV - You are Mulan. You took the place of your aging father in the army, hiding among the men and learning to become a strong, brave warrior. Therefore, you are a Bodyguard. Each night you select another player. All lethal actions targeting that player will be redirected to you, instead. You win with the Town. (Formerly an even-night Mimic)

Amal " You are Belle. Your selflessness in staying at the castle so that your father could go free, as well your genuine love and compassion for the Beast, makes you a Super Saint. If lynched, you will automatically kill the person that hammered you. You win with the Town.

Opsi (formerly Mac...and then Trollord) - You are Cinderella. After your father died, you were mistreated by your stepmother and stepsisters and forced to do housework. Only the magic of your Fairy Godmother enabled you to go to the ball and meet the Prince. For having such little independent power, you are a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

Mb8 " You are Ariel. Your insatiable curiosity and desire to learn as much as you can about the human world makes you a Cop. Each night you may select another player. You will learn if that player wins with the Town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the Town.
Hidden flavor: Naive. Every result turned up innocent.

Flex " You are Tiana. Because you were turned into a frog, it is not immediately apparent that you are actually a princess. Thus, you are a Miller. You appear as if you were sided with the Mafia to investigative roles. You win with the Town.

Night Actions

NP1
MB8 - Cop Mac (Troll/Opsi)
Famous - Watch Breaking
Breaking - Stalk XLAV

NP2
XLAV - Mimic Bsh
MB8 - Cop Breaking
Famous - NK MB8
Famous - Watch Troll (Mac/Opsi)
Breaking - Stalk Bsh

NP3
Bsh - Guard Famous
Famous - NK Opsi (Mac/Troll)
Famous - Watch XLAV
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:17:08 PM
Just wanted to say this game had a few errors.

So first off was we accidentally miscounted and claimed Flex dead, when he wasn't.

Another was we didn't notice we forgot to send VoT his PM until about halfway through DP2.

I'm sure there were other things, but these are the ones off the top of my head.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:18:04 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:17:08 PM, Vaarka wrote:

So first off was we accidentally miscounted and claimed Flex dead, when he wasn't.

Another was we didn't notice we forgot to send VoT his PM until about halfway through DP2.

I'm sure there were other things, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

The misspellings... Kek
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:21:38 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:18:04 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:17:08 PM, Vaarka wrote:

The misspellings... Kek

uhpetneterrree *stutters* YOU BE QUIET

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:26:36 PM
Actually being serious, this game was really fun. I always had my heart pumped whenever I voted, especially in that last DP. I may still be a noob, but I feel like I am getting closer and closer to being an actual experienced player. Also, my post count is getting higher. When I started the first game, I had like 30 maybe 50 post, now I am in the 500s. Soon I can vote for the President of DDO.

Woohoo.

I do feel like us town once again were going after each other too much. The Mafia used that well in the first two DPs, and now that I look at it, XLAV definitely looks like town. I was blinded by the bias of not believing Famous could be scum. I learned a lesson today again. Don't just look at the outside of what someone said. Look in the inside. Also, theme analysis can go die in a hole. Bsh called it first, and it was obviously true.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:30:13 PM
Shoutout to Bsh for figuring out the basis of the theme XD

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:30:24 PM
Not bad, Town, lol.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:33:52 PM
I'll post my thoughts later, since I'm busy, but I need to say that sometimes, when reading the game as a mod, I really just want to slap a few of you multiple times across the face.

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:34:48 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:31:31 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:30:24 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Not bad, Town, lol.

He lives!

Heh, yeah. Got some real serious IRL stuff going on right now.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:36:17 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:34:48 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:31:31 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 4/29/2016 2:30:24 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Not bad, Town, lol.

He lives!

Heh, yeah. Got some real serious IRL stuff going on right now.

*Hugs*

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:37:49 PM
This was a great game, actually.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:41:16 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:33:52 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I'll post my thoughts later, since I'm busy, but I need to say that sometimes, when reading the game as a mod, I really just want to slap a few of you multiple times across the face.

I'll take the blame of that almost failure of Day Phase 4. I wasn't thinking right and was biased towards Famous. Also, just because you made mistakes doesn't mean you're bad at modding Mafia. You were great at it for sure.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:41:48 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:41:16 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

I'll take the blame of that almost failure of Day Phase 4. I wasn't thinking right and was biased towards Famous. Also, just because you made mistakes doesn't mean you're bad at modding Mafia. You were great at it for sure.

Thanks, though Sapph did most of the work

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:43:16 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:41:16 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

And it wasn't necessarily you. It was even the mafia team at times. Just some of the things people said made me sit there and cringe.

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:45:34 PM
Good game guys. Also, just to clarify on why we decided to NK ops. We did this for a number of reasons.

1) XLAV and Ops were behaving suspiciously at the end of the penultimate DP meaning that if one of them was killed then the other would be left with the full suspicion (or so we thought).

2) We had already role checked XLAV and we were aware that he was mimic. We didn't know Ops' role so we weren't prepared to let him live and possible reveal information that he may have uncovered if he had a major role that could have helped town.

3) Given that XLAV was bodyguard we were confident that he wouldn't bodyguard Ops so we NKd him. If we had attempted to NK Bsh or Amal then the chances are that XLAV had bodyguarded them and we would have ended up NKing him instead which would have been detrimental to our case.

I suppose we can have risked lynching somebody else however at the time it didn't seem appropriate. I honestly don't know what happened to breaking's behavior just before he was lynched but that was also made it difficult for us to recover.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:12:24 PM
See, I knew you guys can do it.

@Break, holy sht, your scum play has improved. Your start was good, but you could have done better by acting more townie towards the end of the game.
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:33:30 PM
At 4/29/2016 3:17:25 PM, XLAV wrote:
And oh yeah, sorry Flex, lol.

Sorry for not believing you at first. It looks more obvious now. Luckily I changed my mind.

Also since I won in both games, do I get a trophy image?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:36:05 PM
At 4/29/2016 3:33:30 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

Sorry for not believing you at first. It looks more obvious now. Luckily I changed my mind.

No

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:39:16 PM
At 4/29/2016 3:36:05 PM, Vaarka wrote:

No

I'll give myself a high five instead :(
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:39:41 PM
At 4/29/2016 3:39:16 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

No

You can have an internet cookie, though :3

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:41:00 PM
At 4/29/2016 3:39:41 PM, Vaarka wrote:

No

Kek
What if I have cookies turned off?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:42:00 PM
At 4/29/2016 3:41:00 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 4/29/2016 3:39:41 PM, Vaarka wrote:

No

Kek
What if I have cookies turned off?

Tough luck

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:43:50 PM
At 4/29/2016 2:45:34 PM, famousdebater wrote:
Good game guys. Also, just to clarify on why we decided to NK ops. We did this for a number of reasons.

1) XLAV and Ops were behaving suspiciously at the end of the penultimate DP meaning that if one of them was killed then the other would be left with the full suspicion (or so we thought).

2) We had already role checked XLAV and we were aware that he was mimic. We didn't know Ops' role so we weren't prepared to let him live and possible reveal information that he may have uncovered if he had a major role that could have helped town.

3) Given that XLAV was bodyguard we were confident that he wouldn't bodyguard Ops so we NKd him. If we had attempted to NK Bsh or Amal then the chances are that XLAV had bodyguarded them and we would have ended up NKing him instead which would have been detrimental to our case.

I suppose we can have risked lynching somebody else however at the time it didn't seem appropriate. I honestly don't know what happened to breaking's behavior just before he was lynched but that was also made it difficult for us to recover.

Could you do the same thing that TheFlex did last game and take pictures of the Mafia PM? Would be interesting to see how you did it.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:51:21 PM
At 4/29/2016 3:43:50 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

Could you do the same thing that TheFlex did last game and take pictures of the Mafia PM? Would be interesting to see how you did it.

I might share a few things from their PM that I think stood out a little later

The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:56:32 PM
At 4/29/2016 3:51:21 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I might share a few things from their PM that I think stood out a little later

Cool!
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 4:05:33 PM

It isn't really that interesting tbh. We didn't communicate nearly as much as TheFlex did. Towards the end we began discussing a bit more but generally we just played as if the PM didn't exist (not in the NPs though).
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy