Total Posts:378|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Mafia Day Phase 2

lannan13
Posts: 23,111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:13:19 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Died Last Day Phase: N/A

Died Last Night: GreyParrot- You are Yugi Moto, constantly as the year"s advance, you and the Pharaoh have moved throughout all trials in order to prevent the Shadow realm from engulfing the world in darkness. You bare the Millennium Puzzle, which in it, contains the soul of the ancient Pharaoh that everyone wishes to obtain. Your Puzzle is what keeps the Pharaoh trapped and prevented from escaping to his afterlife due to the way he died. Thus, you are the Jail keeper. Once per night phase, you may select one living player and protect him/her from the night kill, but they are role blocked as a result. You win with the town.

Living Players
1. Rosalie
2. breakinggamer
3. SolonKR
4. Hayd
5. theFLEX
6. Opsianos
7. Famousdebater
8. TUF
9. Vaarka
10. Obi
11. TV
12. Adam_Godzilla

With 12 players alive it takes 7 votes to lynch. The Day Phase ends on Thursday at 4:30 CT.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:18:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Wow, I was not expecting that.

Alright, I want to apologize for my unruly behaviour, and I promise that I will be more civil and put more into the game. Again, I'm sorry if I had offended anyone....I'm just an aggressive player.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:25:41 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'm curious as to why Mafia would target someone who wasn't very active, and claimed a flavored role. Perhaps they saw through Grey's guise...?

Also, I want to claim soon before you start hankering for my lynch.
Have no regrets.
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:34:03 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:18:45 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Wow, I was not expecting that.

What were you expecting?
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:36:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:34:03 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:18:45 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Wow, I was not expecting that.

What were you expecting?

Not him to be NK, he was innavtive most the time
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:39:08 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:25:41 PM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm curious as to why Mafia would target someone who wasn't very active, and claimed a flavored role. Perhaps they saw through Grey's guise...?

Also, I want to claim soon before you start hankering for my lynch.

This is what happens if people claim power roles dp1. Parrot only really gave a hint of a power role and it killed him for two reasons:
1 - it got him largely townread so he'd be unlikely to be mislynched
2 - it's in mafia's best interest to eliminate any tools the town may have.

Unless you have information that is helpful I still wouldn't claim unless pressed.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:53:33 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:39:08 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:25:41 PM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm curious as to why Mafia would target someone who wasn't very active, and claimed a flavored role. Perhaps they saw through Grey's guise...?

Also, I want to claim soon before you start hankering for my lynch.

This is what happens if people claim power roles dp1. Parrot only really gave a hint of a power role and it killed him for two reasons:
1 - it got him largely townread so he'd be unlikely to be mislynched
2 - it's in mafia's best interest to eliminate any tools the town may have.

Unless you have information that is helpful I still wouldn't claim unless pressed.

It's also part of the reason why I suspect Amber.
Have no regrets.
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:54:56 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:39:08 PM, ObiWan wrote:

This is what happens if people claim power roles dp1. Parrot only really gave a hint of a power role and it killed him for two reasons:
1 - it got him largely townread so he'd be unlikely to be mislynched
2 - it's in mafia's best interest to eliminate any tools the town may have.

I agree,
Unless you have information that is helpful I still wouldn't claim unless pressed.
I don't recommend claiming at all. Unless you want to share what you did/found in the night.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:58:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:53:33 PM, Opsianos wrote:

It's also part of the reason why I suspect Amber.

Can you elaborate?
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 10:58:59 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:18:45 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Wow, I was not expecting that.

Alright, I want to apologize for my unruly behaviour, and I promise that I will be more civil and put more into the game. Again, I'm sorry if I had offended anyone....I'm just an aggressive player.
No worries.
What are your reads again? Have they changed?
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:05:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:25:41 PM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm curious as to why Mafia would target someone who wasn't very active, and claimed a flavored role. Perhaps they saw through Grey's guise...?

Also, I want to claim soon before you start hankering for my lynch.
It's cause he outted himself as a visiting role, which TUF recognised as well as I. He said he didn't want to mess town up. I'm curious who he chose to protect instead when there wasn't really anyone that role claimed someone important. I would have protected myself.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:21:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:05:46 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:25:41 PM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm curious as to why Mafia would target someone who wasn't very active, and claimed a flavored role. Perhaps they saw through Grey's guise...?

Also, I want to claim soon before you start hankering for my lynch.
It's cause he outted himself as a visiting role, which TUF recognised as well as I. He said he didn't want to mess town up. I'm curious who he chose to protect instead when there wasn't really anyone that role claimed someone important. I would have protected myself.

I don't think a jailkeeper can protect themselves. If they did they would then also roleblock themselves so it doesn't logically work
These are not the droids you're looking for.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:25:07 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'm here. Sorry, weekends are rather hectic for me and almost the entire DP1 and NP1 were during my weekend. Soz x9000.

Anyway, do I need to read the 600 post DP1 or is all fluff?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:29:24 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
New reads:

Town:
1) Famous - consistent in thought process and active.
3) TUF - made two very helpful and carefully cited google docs. Sold me.
5) Breakingamber - unintentionally hinted vanilla, claimed, and later gave character (Yugi's father). Good enough.

Null:
1) TV
2) SolonKR
3) TheFlex
4) Obi
5) Opsianos - consistent. But avoided claiming when asking people to claim. He asked Famous and Breaking, although not forcefully. He was too defensive when they lashed back. Pushy play in early DP.
6) Vaarka - sharp, town vibes all over the place. But, few inconsistencies that I will check back soon.

FOS:
1) Hayd - inconsistent, flip flops, undefensive reply. "yeah, I'm flip flopping too much. My bad". Too defensive is suspicious but this feels a little off...
2) Rosalie - claimed Ancient Fairy Dragon. Aggressive play and then sudden apology and promise to change seems like a grab for towncred after realising her play was not working.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:33:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:25:07 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm here. Sorry, weekends are rather hectic for me and almost the entire DP1 and NP1 were during my weekend. Soz x9000.

Anyway, do I need to read the 600 post DP1 or is all fluff?
Yes. First 5 to 6 pages is fluff, the rest is actually important. We've got controversy around Famous and Opsianos. I tried to reread the DP but gave up, maybe you can provide fresh insight.

Also, please look out for inactives like Solon. TheFlex and Obi give a number of posts but not enough for me to give reads based on what I remember.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
ObiWan
Posts: 732
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:34:52 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:25:56 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 5/2/2016 11:21:28 PM, ObiWan wrote:

What are your reads?

I still think both Famous and Ops are town and the way Ops opened this dp strengthened my read on him. I also still have a slight town read on Rosalie as well.

You and TUF also seem town but I'm less sure there.

The people I'm most suspicious of are probably Solon and Hayd.

sorry I can't give much detail, I'm writing on my phone in a rather dry lecture.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:37:18 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:53:33 PM, Opsianos wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:39:08 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:25:41 PM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm curious as to why Mafia would target someone who wasn't very active, and claimed a flavored role. Perhaps they saw through Grey's guise...?

Also, I want to claim soon before you start hankering for my lynch.

This is what happens if people claim power roles dp1. Parrot only really gave a hint of a power role and it killed him for two reasons:
1 - it got him largely townread so he'd be unlikely to be mislynched
2 - it's in mafia's best interest to eliminate any tools the town may have.

Unless you have information that is helpful I still wouldn't claim unless pressed.

It's also part of the reason why I suspect Amber.
I'm pretty sure he's vanilla. By now, the real vanilla should have counter-claimed him. And I'm pretty sure this game has a vanilla.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:37:54 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:29:24 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
New reads:

Town:
1) Famous - consistent in thought process and active.
3) TUF - made two very helpful and carefully cited google docs. Sold me.
5) Breakingamber - unintentionally hinted vanilla, claimed, and later gave character (Yugi's father). Good enough.

Null:
1) TV
2) SolonKR
3) TheFlex
4) Obi
5) Opsianos - consistent. But avoided claiming when asking people to claim. He asked Famous and Breaking, although not forcefully. He was too defensive when they lashed back. Pushy play in early DP.
6) Vaarka - sharp, town vibes all over the place. But, few inconsistencies that I will check back soon.

FOS:
1) Hayd - inconsistent, flip flops, undefensive reply. "yeah, I'm flip flopping too much. My bad". Too defensive is suspicious but this feels a little off...
2) Rosalie - claimed Ancient Fairy Dragon. Aggressive play and then sudden apology and promise to change seems like a grab for towncred after realising her play was not working.

You obviously don't know me very well
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:40:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:25:07 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I'm here. Sorry, weekends are rather hectic for me and almost the entire DP1 and NP1 were during my weekend. Soz x9000.

Anyway, do I need to read the 600 post DP1 or is all fluff?

No, you don't need to waste your time.
Have no regrets.
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:41:42 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:37:18 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:53:33 PM, Opsianos wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:39:08 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:25:41 PM, Opsianos wrote:
I'm curious as to why Mafia would target someone who wasn't very active, and claimed a flavored role. Perhaps they saw through Grey's guise...?

Also, I want to claim soon before you start hankering for my lynch.

This is what happens if people claim power roles dp1. Parrot only really gave a hint of a power role and it killed him for two reasons:
1 - it got him largely townread so he'd be unlikely to be mislynched
2 - it's in mafia's best interest to eliminate any tools the town may have.

Unless you have information that is helpful I still wouldn't claim unless pressed.

It's also part of the reason why I suspect Amber.
I'm pretty sure he's vanilla. By now, the real vanilla should have counter-claimed him. And I'm pretty sure this game has a vanilla.

Actually, there can be more than one Vanilla in a game; it's not that uncommon to do so.
Have no regrets.
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:42:05 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I believe I've soft claimed several times already in the game, by the way...
Have no regrets.
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:42:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:37:54 PM, Rosalie wrote:

You obviously don't know me very well
Hey, my reads will change as the DP moved along. I'll just be keeping an eye on you.
What are your reads?
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:47:10 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:42:05 PM, Opsianos wrote:
I believe I've soft claimed several times already in the game, by the way...
I'll look into it.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Opsianos
Posts: 1,155
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:48:28 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 10:58:27 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 5/2/2016 10:53:33 PM, Opsianos wrote:

It's also part of the reason why I suspect Amber.

Can you elaborate?

I suppose there is no harm in revealing it now (I thought that it would be more beneficial to scum if I had done this in DP1), and scum may have figured it out already.

I am also Vanilla as Tea Gardner. My justification doesn't make much sense about why I am Vanilla, though; it says that I have always been Yugi's best friend and loyally stayed by his side (that is literally it; just two lines, like I've said), but that doesn't explain why this character is plain enough to be Vanilla.

This scenario has also occurred in the third DP of the Beginners' game I replaced in with Amber, where I was Vanilla, and he also claimed Vanilla as scum. There was already a dead Vanilla then, however, and there could still be two Vanillas this game. Besides role analysis, however, I also don't like how he is playing, as well as how he contradicted himself with his claim, when he thought I was scum when I pressured him by asking how he felt about claiming, and outright claiming his role when Flex didn't even ask him to. It even feels a bit contrived.
Have no regrets.
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:49:34 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:34:52 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 5/2/2016 11:25:56 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 5/2/2016 11:21:28 PM, ObiWan wrote:

What are your reads?

I still think both Famous and Ops are town and the way Ops opened this dp strengthened my read on him. I also still have a slight town read on Rosalie as well.

I will have to wait for his claim.
You and TUF also seem town but I'm less sure there.

Why? TUF is the most town player here. He painstakingly created an infolist even citing the exact post where people claimed. And I'm guessing he did that after his first runthrough the DP meaning he read it twice. And while he wasn't active at first, he did make up for it later.
The people I'm most suspicious of are probably Solon and Hayd.

Why Solon?
sorry I can't give much detail, I'm writing on my phone in a rather dry lecture.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Rosalie
Posts: 4,628
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:51:26 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I'm going to buy ospianous claim..for now.

But I'm null on Solon and Hayd. Last time I played forum Mafia with Hayd, he hardly posted and was scum. Not sure if that's his play style to try and make people forget about him, or of he is just too busy to add to the game.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:53:19 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:48:28 PM, Opsianos wrote:

I am also Vanilla as Tea Gardner. My justification doesn't make much sense about why I am Vanilla, though; it says that I have always been Yugi's best friend and loyally stayed by his side (that is literally it; just two lines, like I've said), but that doesn't explain why this character is plain enough to be Vanilla.

This scenario has also occurred in the third DP of the Beginners' game I replaced in with Amber, where I was Vanilla, and he also claimed Vanilla as scum. There was already a dead Vanilla then, however, and there could still be two Vanillas this game. Besides role analysis, however, I also don't like how he is playing, as well as how he contradicted himself with his claim, when he thought I was scum when I pressured him by asking how he felt about claiming, and outright claiming his role when Flex didn't even ask him to. It even feels a bit contrived.
Well, now I'm really conflicted. I'll have to reread his early posts.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Adam_Godzilla
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:54:37 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/2/2016 11:51:26 PM, Rosalie wrote:
I'm going to buy ospianous claim..for now.

But I'm null on Solon and Hayd. Last time I played forum Mafia with Hayd, he hardly posted and was scum. Not sure if that's his play style to try and make people forget about him, or of he is just too busy to add to the game.
Yeah, his replies are worryingly nonchalant.
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us