Beginners' Mafia 46.x: SIGN-UPS

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:13:24 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

Mafia University is a two-game crash course on how to play mafia. Both of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Theme & Role Madness

Both of these games will be balanced. The first game will use the Matrix 6 setup--for more information, see http://wiki.mafiascum.net... The second game will be a themed role-madness game, much like the majority of regular games here on DDO. The goal is for you to develop your essential scumhunting skills in a more distilled environment first, and then to apply them in a regular mafia setting.

Note: New players--if you are not already my friend, please send me a friend request. It makes communicating and sending PMs easier.

Vaar will be the main mod for this series since I'm busy with exams, though I'll still help him with designing/balancing and processing night actions.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:14:19 AM
Boo!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:16:46 AM
SIGN-UPS

I'm looking for (ideally) 6 new players and 3 ringers, but anywhere from 5-7 newbies and 2-4 ringers is also acceptable. I reserve the right to decide who counts as a newbie or a ringer.

New Players:
1. Roukezian (reserved--please confirm in-thread)
2. Breaking (reserved--please confirm in-thread)
3. Missbailey8 (reserved--please confirm in-thread)

Ringers:
1. Tvellalott (reserved--please confirm in-thread)

Replacements (open to all, preference given to new players):
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:17:06 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:14:19 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Boo!

Hi?

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:17:43 AM
If anyone else had reserved a spot and I forgot, please tell me.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:19:23 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:17:06 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Boo!

Hi?

I wanted to interrupt your posts. A juvenile impulse I admit...but satisfying :P
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:20:49 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:17:43 AM, Sapphique wrote:

You forgot I reserved a spot.
Have no regrets.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:27:31 AM
SIGN-UPS

I'm looking for (ideally) 6 new players and 3 ringers, but anywhere from 5-7 newbies and 2-4 ringers is also acceptable. I reserve the right to decide who counts as a newbie or a ringer.

New Players:
2. Breaking (reserved--please confirm in-thread)
3. Missbailey8 (reserved--please confirm in-thread)
4. Opsianos (reserved--please confirm in thread)

Ringers:

I'm going to aim for 7 newbies and 2 ringers this time, actually, due to the number of recurring players.

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:27:44 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:19:23 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 5/4/2016 4:17:06 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Boo!

Hi?

I wanted to interrupt your posts. A juvenile impulse I admit...but satisfying :P

Lol.

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:30:27 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:27:31 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Rouk is not a new player. He is a NiqashMotawadi account. Niqash knows how to play mafia.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:31:06 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:20:49 AM, Opsianos wrote:

Also, I lied about reserving a spot.

I still wanted in though, so thank you. :P
Have no regrets.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:31:09 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:30:27 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Rouk is not a new player. He is a NiqashMotawadi account. Niqash knows how to play mafia.

Oh. All I knew, and this recently, is that he's friends with XLAV. Is he a ringer then?

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:31:44 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:31:09 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Oh. All I knew, and this recently, is that he's friends with XLAV. Is he a ringer then?

He would be better sorted as a ringer, yes.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:32:33 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:31:06 AM, Opsianos wrote:

*waves modhammer*
You'll sign up like normal people then. (Doesn't make much of a diff but whatever...)

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:34:24 AM
SIGN-UPS

New Players:
1. Breaking (reserved--please confirm in-thread)
2. Missbailey8 (reserved--please confirm in-thread)

Ringers:
2. Roukezian (reserved--please confirm in-thread)

Nvm about 7 to 2 newbie ringer ratio then.

Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:35:18 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:32:33 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 5/4/2016 4:31:06 AM, Opsianos wrote:

*waves modhammer*

Ban hammers are scarier, in my opinion.
You'll sign up like normal people then. (Doesn't make much of a diff but whatever...)

Too late.

Also, you saying "diff" reminded me of differential equations, which reminded me of the cancerous subject that I will be taking an exam on tomorrow. I demand that I am Town in both games as compensation.
Have no regrets.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:36:23 AM
Aannnddd, I just found out that Tvellalott deactivated =.= Sigh. Too lazy to edit signups yet again.

Vaar, where are you?

Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:36:30 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:34:24 AM, Sapphique wrote:
SIGN-UPS

New Players:

Ringers:

Nvm about 7 to 2 newbie ringer ratio then.

Put me back, I'm too lazy to type /in.
Have no regrets.
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 4:37:50 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:36:23 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Aannnddd, I just found out that Tvellalott deactivated =.= Sigh. Too lazy to edit signups yet again.

Vaar, where are you?

He's probably hiding under his desk from the spooky thunderstorms.

That, or he is...never mind.
Have no regrets.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 5:08:22 AM
SIGN-UPS

New Players:
3. Opsianos

Ringers:
1. XLAV

XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 5:09:25 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:31:09 AM, Sapphique wrote:

who iz nikash
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:31:58 AM
I may be quite busy over the next few days so I don't know how active i'll be.

But i'll /in anyway. It seems like a lot of fun from the scraps i've seen of mafia.

Do be warned however that this is my first game of Mafia so I don't know how good i'll be.
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:42:00 AM
I reserved a spot. /in.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 7:46:53 AM
I should also mention that I live in the UK. So i'll probably be on when everyone else is asleep and vice versa.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:00:00 AM
SIGN-UPS

New Players:
2. Missbailey8
3. Opsianos
4. Matt

Ringers:

Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 11:00:43 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:13:24 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

Mafia University is a two-game crash course on how to play mafia. Both of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Theme & Role Madness

Both of these games will be balanced. The first game will use the Matrix 6 setup--for more information, see http://wiki.mafiascum.net... The second game will be a themed role-madness game, much like the majority of regular games here on DDO. The goal is for you to develop your essential scumhunting skills in a more distilled environment first, and then to apply them in a regular mafia setting.

Note: New players--if you are not already my friend, please send me a friend request. It makes communicating and sending PMs easier.

Vaar will be the main mod for this series since I'm busy with exams, though I'll still help him with designing/balancing and processing night actions.

May i be an NPC narrarator?
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 11:02:27 AM
At 5/4/2016 5:08:22 AM, XLAV wrote:
SIGN-UPS

New Players:
3. Opsianos

Ringers:
1. XLAV

Hi XLAV the douche.

May i be a replacement?
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 11:04:24 AM
At 5/4/2016 4:36:23 AM, Sapphique wrote:

Vaar, where are you?

o/
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 11:06:39 AM
SIGN-UPS

New Players:
3. Opsi
4. Matt

Ringers:

1. Dragon

ehhhh
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya