Jump to topic:

Yu-Gi-Oh! Mafia Day Phase 6

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 3:32:40 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Lynched last Day Phase: ) TV/Amal- You are the reminants of the ancient Bandit King Baurkura. Despite having lost many of your memories, you seek to gather the 7 Millenium items to rule the world. Your ability to use the Milenium items and ability to do a multitude of harms from Bannishing innocent people to the Shadow Realm from possessing unknown boddies to get what you want. You are the Mafia Jack of all Trades with the following one shot abilities. You win with the mafia.

-Janitor- You may select a player who had died in the previous day phase and their role and affiliation shall be hidden from the game until the Endgame.

-Role Blocker- You may select one living player, and during the current night phase, they would be unable to perform their roles during the night phase.

-Bus Driver- You may select two living players, the actions that would occur to player A would be drove to player B and vice versa.

-Strongman- When you select this role, and it occurs with the mafia night kill, the night kill will occur at a faster speed than that of a protective role.

Killed during the night: Vaarka- As the holder of the Milenium Neckless, you, Ishizu Ishtar, are able to see into the future and into people"s pasts. This helps you guide people onto the right path. You did this in order for Seto and the Pharoah to reach a connection with their past self and realize that history is repeating itself. Your ability to see through a person"s past or future makes you the lie dector. Once per night phase you may select one quote from a living player and discover whether or not the person was telling the truth. You also win with the town.

Living Players
1.Obi
2.Famousdebater
3.Adam_Godzilla
4.Buddamoose
5.TheFLEX

With 5 players living, it takes 3 votes to lynch. The day phase will end on Wednesday at 4:30 CT.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 10:54:46 AM
At 5/16/2016 7:11:19 AM, famousdebater wrote:
Adam was defending Amal (who we now know is scum). I want answers.

VTL Adam

No don't. Obi's scum. I'll explain later.

VTL Obiwan
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 11:45:42 AM
At 5/16/2016 10:54:46 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 5/16/2016 7:11:19 AM, famousdebater wrote:
Adam was defending Amal (who we now know is scum). I want answers.

VTL Adam

No don't. Obi's scum. I'll explain later.

VTL Obiwan

Explain your flip on Amal right at the end.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 12:21:06 PM
This is very interesting.

In anticipation of whatever nonsense Adam is going to throw out there I'm just going to go ahead and full claim.

I'm the cop. The reason I haven't outed myself until now is because literally every person I've investigated I've got innocent as a result and none of them having ever been in danger of being mislynched. For simplicities sake I'll make this post cop related and the next post my role.

Again, all the results I've got so far have been innocent:

NP1 I investigated Flex as he's great to work with if town but I'd been fooled by him in the last game we played together and I wanted to make sure I could trust him in this game.

NP2 I investigated Solon. I'd stated a few times in the first few dip's that I was suspicious of him so I wanted to check it out.

NP3 I was a bit thrown by the skip of the dp so I decided to investigate Vaarka because I had next to no reads on him.

NP4 I decided to investigate Famous for more or less the same reasons as Vaarka. I felt I had at least some idea of all the other players in the game except for him. In hindsight I think I should have investigated one of Breaking/Budda or Amal here but I'll get to that later.

NP5 I investigated Adam after his flip-flop voting during DP5 and the fact that he was really the only person that had tried to defend Amal and as such seemed suspicious.

This is where things get interesting as I got an innocent result for Adam.
My string of innocent results has had me thinking that maybe I'm naive flavoured (all my results are innocent no matter what) which is why I wish I had of investigated Amal (or Budda, who was my other scum read at that point) instead of Famous, just to try and get a guilty result to disprove this.
The other possibility is that one of the people I've investigated is a godfather and/or one of the nights my action was bussed by Amal.

If I completely disregard all my results and vote on behaviour alone then I'd say Adam is scum. If I take my results at face value then by POE Budda is scum as he's the only living person I haven't investigated but his play yesterday seemed pro-town and he pushed pretty hard at Amal. So I'm up for a lynch on either of these two but I want to wait and see what Adam's case against me is.
These are not the droids you're looking for.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 12:27:40 PM
My character and role justification:
I am the tomb keeper Shadi whose job is to protect the millennium items. I have the millennium key, which allows me to unlock the door to the soul and see into people's minds and the millennium scale, which allows me to judge a persons soul (hence cop).

The fact I have 2 items makes me think my investigations probably aren't flavoured but I'd be interested to hear what Flex has to day about this. At this point I'm leaning towards Adam being a godfather but I still want to hear what he has to say before I vote.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 12:56:10 PM
At 5/16/2016 12:21:06 PM, ObiWan wrote:
This is very interesting.

In anticipation of whatever nonsense Adam is going to throw out there I'm just going to go ahead and full claim.

I'm the cop. The reason I haven't outed myself until now is because literally every person I've investigated I've got innocent as a result and none of them having ever been in danger of being mislynched. For simplicities sake I'll make this post cop related and the next post my role.

Again, all the results I've got so far have been innocent:

NP1 I investigated Flex as he's great to work with if town but I'd been fooled by him in the last game we played together and I wanted to make sure I could trust him in this game.

NP2 I investigated Solon. I'd stated a few times in the first few dip's that I was suspicious of him so I wanted to check it out.

NP3 I was a bit thrown by the skip of the dp so I decided to investigate Vaarka because I had next to no reads on him.

NP4 I decided to investigate Famous for more or less the same reasons as Vaarka. I felt I had at least some idea of all the other players in the game except for him. In hindsight I think I should have investigated one of Breaking/Budda or Amal here but I'll get to that later.

NP5 I investigated Adam after his flip-flop voting during DP5 and the fact that he was really the only person that had tried to defend Amal and as such seemed suspicious.

My string of innocent results has had me thinking that maybe I'm naive flavoured (all my results are innocent no matter what) which is why I wish I had of investigated Amal (or Budda, who was my other scum read at that point) instead of Famous, just to try and get a guilty result to disprove this.
The other possibility is that one of the people I've investigated is a godfather and/or one of the nights my action was bussed by Amal.

If I completely disregard all my results and vote on behaviour alone then I'd say Adam is scum. If I take my results at face value then by POE Budda is scum as he's the only living person I haven't investigated but his play yesterday seemed pro-town and he pushed pretty hard at Amal. So I'm up for a lynch on either of these two but I want to wait and see what Adam's case against me is.

...Yeah, you've pretty much covered all the ground for what could've gone wrong with your investigations. I'd like Budda's opinion on this.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 12:59:41 PM

Why was Adam the interesting result?
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 1:02:03 PM
At 5/16/2016 12:27:40 PM, ObiWan wrote:
My character and role justification:
I am the tomb keeper Shadi whose job is to protect the millennium items. I have the millennium key, which allows me to unlock the door to the soul and see into people's minds and the millennium scale, which allows me to judge a persons soul (hence cop).

The fact I have 2 items makes me think my investigations probably aren't flavoured but I'd be interested to hear what Flex has to day about this. At this point I'm leaning towards Adam being a godfather but I still want to hear what he has to say before I vote.

This claim is pretty sound. I don't spot any holes with it barring the two millennium items. Amal's character just flipped as having used all seven of them so I don't really see an issue with it.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 1:02:25 PM
At 5/16/2016 12:59:41 PM, TheFlex wrote:

He's now coming after me, with some proof that has to be fabricated, so that makes me think he's scum, but I got an innocent result for him.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 1:08:01 PM
At 5/16/2016 1:02:25 PM, ObiWan wrote:

He's now coming after me, with some proof that has to be fabricated, so that makes me think he's scum, but I got an innocent result for him.

Yeah, to me it sounds like you're flavored.
ObiWan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 1:15:14 PM
At 5/16/2016 1:08:01 PM, TheFlex wrote:

You don't reckon mafia has a godfather? From a balance point of view I think it would make sense given town essentially has (at least) two investigative roles.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 1:17:03 PM
At 5/16/2016 1:15:14 PM, ObiWan wrote:
At 5/16/2016 1:08:01 PM, TheFlex wrote:

You don't reckon mafia has a godfather? From a balance point of view I think it would make sense given town essentially has (at least) two investigative roles.

Definitely a possibility. I'd be interested to know how Godfather works with the lie detector then since it tests posts.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 2:42:09 PM
I'm honestly unsure how to view this. Since you've gotten so many innocent results and a controversial one on Adam I am thinking that you could be naive. Though at the same time I'm also thinking that you could be saying this to push for a lynch on Adam but in such a way that if he flips town you can blame it on the fact that you are probably flavored. My read on you is currently town however I will be keeping an open mind when reading reading Adam's reasons against you because one of you is most likely scum.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 4:29:12 PM
Official Vote Count
Adam_Godzilla (1/3) Famousdebator
Obiwon (1/3) Adam_Godzilla
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 6:04:27 PM
New reads:
I want to thank Buddamoose for the mafia tips. I couldn't have done this without your awesome advices (love you man).

Why Budda/Breaking is town:
Not convinced he's town? Ok, how about this. In DP4, I posted my reads, and then Breaking replied something rather rather odd.

Adam: "At least one is mafia: 1) Amalgam 2) Obiwan 3) Famous
Breaking: "I think you forgot Opsi. Personally, Vaarka, I thought it would be a better idea to "lie-detect" Rosalie saying something like "I am not scum". "

Wtf? How the hell can he forget about Opsi's death if he's scum? It doesn't take long to read your pm and see your discussion. This shows he genuinely forgot the game.

Adam: "He died last DP. It was quite sad."
Breaking: "Poor Opsi... he was innocent. I just reread most of the DPs. Sorry if I've been ignoring this game lately. The other one just seemed more fun. XD. Now I'm going to pitch in for the town and see if I can kill some scum! *kills self*"

Ok, I know the last part makes you suspicious, but, it flows (like Budda says) from his previous statement.

Why Famous is no longer scum

DP1, post 181, Rosalie said, in reply to Opsi:

Famous: *talks about drawing town, hopes it "becomes clear soon"*
Opsi: "That's, uh, pretty scummy to say (although whether you're talking about yourself or Flex, I don't know). Also, if you said before that Flex's town and scum play are very similar, shouldn't you be more paranoid of him?
Rosie: "I agree with you on this. I also don't like what he said to FLEX I the very beginning about hoping he's town."

Then, post 195: " I'm down for a Lynch on famous as of now...he's been scummy this far, for reasons explained earlier. VTL FAMOUS."

If famous is scum, Rosie's bussing is pretty hardcore.

Then after Famous's rant, Rosie unvotes. has a chat with Vaarka about why she did it. And then Famous replies to her:

Rosie: "Unvote Famous"
Famous: "I appreciate your change in opinion however again this is a reflection of my large post regarding why I'm frustrated. People are changing their opinions from strong scum reads (to point that they want to lynch them) to town reads as a result of one post. I mean, before I posted that you were prepared to lynch me and within that one post your opinion was changed. Backing down from your opinions that easily and quickly is a reflection of you either being noob town or your scum and you don't want to arouse attention to yourself by being strongly opinionated.

As scum, this doesn't make sense to do. This level of bussing seems unlikely. It seems to genuinely come from his opinion of the game.

Also Rosalie backs down from her vote. What was the point of the bus if you're just going to go back to being cool with each other?

Why I'm town

I sided with Amal till he got lynched. Flex, tell me if that's a scum move? Also, I gave my flip on Amal after his lynch. Budda was right, it was little too late for me to be bussing him.

Also, I honestly believe no matter what, a player who spends hours compiling info on players (and more than once, is town.

And finally: Why Obiwan is mafia

Post 288 DP4, he posts to Rosie:

Obi: "Do you mean commuter?"
Rosie: I am "computer" so merely each NP, I am able to leave town, and not be affected by any actions on me. But, I am also not allowed to use any roles given to me. Which is pretty pointless..
Obi: "This whole business with a computer makes me think lannan just had a typo/autocorrect when he sent her the role pm. Commuter is a pro town role so I think this all but confirms Rosalie as town (unless this is all some super devious ploy, in which case, kudos to Rosalie)."

Then, he responds to my unvote on Rosalie:

Obi: "i know, it's almost unfortunate. We need to move on though and we should really try and get a lynch this dp so who do you want to go for?"

Why? How is not lynching town unfortunate? (as we both seemed to think Rosie was town) He shouldn't be saying this as town.

That's just some posts I tried to find, but he's mostly clean.

So yeah, Process of elimination, he's scum since everyone else is town (as well as Vaarka and Flex). That's right, he's too clean. A really, really good scum.

Oh... and he also messed his claim up, and his results for me.

Because I'm the f ucking miller.

Everyone VTL Obi.

And if you seriously think Lannan would underpower town any further with a naive cop, especially with a jack of all trades mafia... Especially when we had a day phase skipper too.

I'm as sure as Flex last DP that Obi is town. To paraphrase Flex, I'll lynch myself next DP if he's town.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 6:41:45 PM
At 5/16/2016 6:04:27 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Couple of things regarding your read list.

Is your confirmed town read on Budda solely based on Amber's behavior?

If you're miller this just confirmed Obi's role is flavored. If you are indeed, the miller. Why would he full claim as cop, bring up possibly being flavored, only to have you confirm it? That's some deep foresight.

Since you claimed Miller why not go ahead and full claim?
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:11:00 PM
At 5/16/2016 6:04:27 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Hmmm ... I'm currently at a stale mate. Both you and Obi are presenting me with believable evidence and if you weren't talking about each other I'd be townreading both of you. I agree with TheFlex though. Before we proceed I'd like a full claim with justification too.
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:12:05 PM
At 5/16/2016 6:41:45 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Who's defense are you buying at the moment? Obi or Adam?
John Galsworthy
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:17:28 PM
Full claim:

Duke Devlin, creator of Dungeon Dice Monsters. I made someone called "Joey Wheeler" my 'dog' servant, after "Duelist Kingdom". After Yugi beat me in a game, I apparantly helped him defeat 'Marik'. Because I have a bad past, 'people' remember me as a bad guy. Thus, I'm the miller. I win with town.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:18:10 PM
At 5/16/2016 7:11:00 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Please, vote for Obi. Just lynch him and let town win.
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:19:05 PM
At 5/16/2016 7:12:05 PM, famousdebater wrote:

If I had to pick, I'd pick Obi. Adam has more suspicion surrounding him and Obi has been playing a consistent townie this entire time from my POV.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:25:01 PM
At 5/16/2016 7:19:05 PM, TheFlex wrote:
At 5/16/2016 7:12:05 PM, famousdebater wrote:

If I had to pick, I'd pick Obi. Adam has more suspicion surrounding him and Obi has been playing a consistent townie this entire time from my POV.

I know but I'm no longer convinced. Adam and Obi both make believable claims and justifications for their claims.
John Galsworthy
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:25:26 PM
At 5/16/2016 7:17:28 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Full claim:

Duke Devlin, creator of Dungeon Dice Monsters. I made someone called "Joey Wheeler" my 'dog' servant, after "Duelist Kingdom". After Yugi beat me in a game, I apparantly helped him defeat 'Marik'. Because I have a bad past, 'people' remember me as a bad guy. Thus, I'm the miller. I win with town.

This would also make sense as miller. Duke was a totally turd and had a personal vendetta against Yugi for beating Pegasus but he flipped his attitude and buddies with Yugi and the gang.
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:29:14 PM
At 5/16/2016 7:18:10 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
At 5/16/2016 7:11:00 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Please, vote for Obi. Just lynch him and let town win.

I'm really stuck on this decision. It's way to close for me to call this. I'm gonna have to discuss this with TheFlex and others before I come to a decision.
John Galsworthy
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:30:24 PM
At 5/16/2016 7:17:28 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:
Full claim:

Does your claim mention why Duke was a d1ck towards Yugi or just give instances of him being one?
TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 7:32:41 PM
At 5/16/2016 7:32:23 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 5/16/2016 7:30:24 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Have you claimed yet?

Nope.
famousdebater
Add as Friend