Jump to topic:

Any games where people beat computers?

Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 10:47:19 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
With the world's top players in Chess and Go losing to computers. Is there any game where humans are still the best?

Some claim people can still beat computers at something like Starcraft. That's true while there hasn't been a big effort to make a strong Statecraft AI, but I think computers can easily destroy people in Starcraft, mainly because of flawless "micro" in battles, even with weak AI.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 5:01:23 AM
At 5/21/2016 10:47:19 PM, Rukado wrote:
With the world's top players in Chess and Go losing to computers. Is there any game where humans are still the best?

Some claim people can still beat computers at something like Starcraft. That's true while there hasn't been a big effort to make a strong Statecraft AI, but I think computers can easily destroy people in Starcraft, mainly because of flawless "micro" in battles, even with weak AI.

Raze 2. I still beat the AI on hardest difficulty
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 6:25:05 AM
Most out-of-the-box game AI is not designed to beat people, even on maximum difficulty. For multiplayer AI, game designers go out of their way to make the AI stupid but functional. E.g. in a shooter, simple AI would never miss the target, and would shoot from behind.

The real question is, is there any games left where computers aren't strong enough to create an AI that can beat the best human players.
Fkkize
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2016 9:05:31 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org...
: At 7/2/2016 3:05:07 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
:
: space contradicts logic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 11:29:52 AM
At 5/22/2016 9:05:31 PM, Fkkize wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org...

I just died laughing at that answer *wipes tear*
Rukado
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2016 6:57:09 PM
It would be trivial to build a machine that could beat humans at Twister and Football. A robot with long limbs and numerous joints in each limb would easily win Twister. And, imagine humans trying to tackle a big machine in football.

As cute as those answers are, for better or worse, it appears we are at the sunset of human usefulness. Games are the most challenging thing for a computer to do.