Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

---Murder Mystery Mafia: DP8---

bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 9:46:31 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Ops - You are LUCIUS FABRICIUS CANINUS, Senator of the Republic. Known for paying off your enemies, you are the BRIBER. Each NP you may attempt to buy off the moderator. But, because I am picky, I only want certain amounts (four of these seven: 1 talent, 2 talents, 3 talents, 4 talents, 5 talents, 6 talents, or 7 talents), or I shall turn you down. Select correctly, and you will receive a role that night which you must use that night/day or the next, after which it will expire. Select incorrectly, and nothing will happen. You cannot select the same amount twice. You win with the guilty.

Hidden Clue: "Sulla helped in the efforts to round up Thracian suspects for Poplicola's murder. Sulla began by examining slaves owned by the Iulii, Fabricii, Acilii, and Caecilii. He then fanned out examining Thracian freed men as well." - Numerius Iulius Natta, excerpt from his personal diary

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Fire - You are NUMERIUS IULIUS NATTA, Senator of the Republic. Brother to Poplicola, you were one of his most ardent advocates and one of his killers" most vociferous detectives. Your conduct in this affair stands above reproach, and thus you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "It was well-known that Postumus feared kingship--the rise of any leader too far above the rest. He had gone to great lengths prosecuting before the Senate those who he believed had amassed wealth or power for the purpose of becoming Imperator or Dictator for life. In the case of Tertius Claudius Gurges, Praetor, Postumus convinced the Senate to issue a Senatus Consultum Ultimum to prevent him from gaining the Consulship or a Proconsular position that would have given him Imperium, reasonably fearing that Tertius would turn his army upon the Senate." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, excerpted from his history

GRAVEYARD

1. Solon - Paullus Naevius Nasica, Turncoat - Innocent
2. Tej - Numerius Rutilus Cato, Clue Cop - Innocent
3. Uther - Marcus Cornelius Sulla, Vanilla - Innocent (TP)
4. TUF - Vibius Galerius Aculeo, Ninja - Guilty
5. XLAV - Aulus Ulpius Pulcher, Tracker - Innocent
6. Vaar - Sexta Opimia Bassa, Believer - Innocent
7. Oro - Secundus Autronius Cincinnatus, Innocent Child - Innocent
8. XLAV (Zam) - ???, ??? - ???
9. Obi - Appius Acilius Albinus Numidicus, Actress - Guilty
10. Budda - Gaius Vitruvius Scipio, Doctor - Innocent
11. Saph - Hostus Acilius Corvus, Censor - Innocent
12. Kiri - Opiter Acilius Metellus Bithynius, Clue Cop - Innocent
13. Ops - Lucius Fabricius Caninus, Briber - Guilty
14. Fire - Numerius Iulius Natta, Vanilla - Innocent

LIVING PLAYERS

1. 7th (Amalgam)
2. Syko (Miss)
3. Lannan
4. Solon (Adam)

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 6:00pm, Eastern Time, on 6/17/16.


Bonam fortunam!
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 10:13:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Put me in coach!!
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
lannan13
Posts: 23,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 10:32:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Looks like one scum left. I'm thinking a Solon lynch. Thoughts?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 10:46:28 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Now that I've finished living dangerously, we should no lynch. However, this is the best time for re-examining everyone. Tbh I have no idea who scum are and I've basically had no idea the whole time. I voted yesterday just because I didn't see how waiting a day would change anything. This time, however, I've got some suspicions. Not giving reads yet. I'll do that closer to the end.

Few things I want to know:
Syko, how are you confirmed?
7th, why did you push Saph so hard on a contrived case?
Lannan, why do you prefer lynching me?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
lannan13
Posts: 23,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 11:47:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 10:46:28 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Now that I've finished living dangerously, we should no lynch. However, this is the best time for re-examining everyone. Tbh I have no idea who scum are and I've basically had no idea the whole time. I voted yesterday just because I didn't see how waiting a day would change anything. This time, however, I've got some suspicions. Not giving reads yet. I'll do that closer to the end.

Few things I want to know:
Syko, how are you confirmed?
7th, why did you push Saph so hard on a contrived case?
Lannan, why do you prefer lynching me?

Just POE.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 12:05:21 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 10:46:28 PM, SolonKR wrote:
Now that I've finished living dangerously, we should no lynch. However, this is the best time for re-examining everyone. Tbh I have no idea who scum are and I've basically had no idea the whole time. I voted yesterday just because I didn't see how waiting a day would change anything. This time, however, I've got some suspicions. Not giving reads yet. I'll do that closer to the end.

Few things I want to know:
Syko, how are you confirmed?

I'd like to know this as well (with links if possible)

7th, why did you push Saph so hard on a contrived case?

It wasn't contrived. I thought LickDaFoot gave a very good case, showing that Saph's "scumhunting" had been seriously lacking
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 12:06:04 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 10:32:05 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Looks like one scum left. I'm thinking a Solon lynch. Thoughts?

Agreed. VTL Solon

Of course, if Syko isn't convinced she can just not hop on board, and we'd head to MYLO tomorrow.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
lannan13
Posts: 23,024
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 12:23:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I'm going to wait to hear from Skylo before I cast my vote.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 1:01:37 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
It should be noted that last DP, Solon refrained from voting for Opsi for a very long time. He only did so after I pointed out that it was virtually impossible for Opsi to be town.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 1:03:29 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 1:01:37 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
It should be noted that last DP, Solon refrained from voting for Opsi for a very long time. He only did so after I pointed out that it was virtually impossible for Opsi to be town.

Also, he hasn't explained either of his last two votes during the DP (both of which were late entries into popular wagons).
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 1:19:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 1:17:51 AM, Syko wrote:
kill Solon.

VTL SOLON

You really LDF or is Seventh being crazy? 0_o

/exits hastily
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Syko
Posts: 393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 1:45:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
LDF? Never heard that acronym before.

Also, it was Budda that townfirmed my predecessor. However I'm not really going to say much more because she broke the rules by doing it, thus it isn't a legal form of confirmation. However, an illicit confirmation is still confirmation. Let's leave that to ensure I don't get mod killed.

Also, Unvote VTNL

There are 4 players, exactly 1 is scum because we would have lost otherwise. Therefore the best option is to kill another townie and go with 2v1 next Dp. Solon is probably the last scum, but if we eliminate someone else we'll be that much safer and confident in a town win this game.
For Mother Russia.
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 1:52:49 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
While I'd obviously prefer a Solon lynch now, that's obviously not going to happen today. So, let's finish up this DP and win this game tomorrow.

Unvote VTNL
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 2:05:15 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
VOTE COUNT

VTNL (2/3) - 7th, Syko
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 2:05:44 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 2:05:15 AM, bsh1 wrote:
VOTE COUNT

VTNL (2/3) - Syko, 7th

Fix'd
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 2:27:31 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Alright, I believe Lannan's town based on the fact I wasn't hammered. I'm really confused at why you both unvoted me, though, especially since it's pretty clear you all scum-read me.

Can someone confirm the situation with Syko? I guess that means 7th's the last scum if that's true, I suppose.

Can you guys stop being as lazy as me? You're all blindly saying I'm scum because "POE" and my relative inactivity. Inactivity isn't scummy; it's just inactivity. Calling me scum specifically because of my vote yesterday is dumb. If I had no-lynched, scum would be in a better position today because they'd have more power to sway the vote. Your case is WIFOM. Don't VTNL. Just don't vote. It's not that hard to not vote.

Can we get the list of claims again? I'm Publius Ulpius Aggripa, the ascetic. If you want some more evidence of my towniness, that's not how Agrippa is usually spelled, but that's how my character's name is. You can believe I engaged in a conscious conspiracy to save this detail until the end, but the more logical route is to believe that I'm at least being truthful about my character, if nothing else.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 2:59:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 2:27:31 AM, SolonKR wrote:
Alright, I believe Lannan's town based on the fact I wasn't hammered. I'm really confused at why you both unvoted me, though, especially since it's pretty clear you all scum-read me.

I'm doing it so we can finish up the DP and move onto tomorrow. Believe me, I'd rather lynch you today, but it's not possible if even one of us VTNLs.

Can you guys stop being as lazy as me? You're all blindly saying I'm scum because "POE" and my relative inactivity. Inactivity isn't scummy; it's just inactivity. Calling me scum specifically because of my vote yesterday is dumb. If I had no-lynched, scum would be in a better position today because they'd have more power to sway the vote. Your case is WIFOM. Don't VTNL. Just don't vote. It's not that hard to not vote.

This is silly. I laid out my case for you DP6, but PoE is also a strong factor. It's not just your vote, it's how both of your votes in the last two DPs have been jumping on the biggest wagon late in the DP without posting anything of substance beforehand.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:49:28 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
TIME CHECK

Approx. 40 hours remain in the DP.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:51:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 2:59:13 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
This is silly. I laid out my case for you DP6, but PoE is also a strong factor. It's not just your vote, it's how both of your votes in the last two DPs have been jumping on the biggest wagon late in the DP without posting anything of substance beforehand.

And that makes me scum... how?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:53:59 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 3:52:46 AM, Syko wrote:
Funny how he joins in the game when it's clear he's caught.

Solon VTNL with us. The town demands it~

Either you're town and letting confirmation bias cloud your judgment, unwilling to try to think objectively, or you're opportunistic scum. Am I the only one who remembers you voting 7th yesterday?
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 5:55:28 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Casting a VTNL is dumb, and I trust Lannan is smart enough not to throw away precious time. The DPs are already short enough.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Syko
Posts: 393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 6:47:08 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 5:53:59 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 6/16/2016 3:52:46 AM, Syko wrote:
Funny how he joins in the game when it's clear he's caught.

Solon VTNL with us. The town demands it~

Either you're town and letting confirmation bias cloud your judgment, unwilling to try to think objectively, or you're opportunistic scum. Am I the only one who remembers you voting 7th yesterday?

I remember it too. That's really the only reason why I want a VTNL today. LYLO affords more information that MYLO.
For Mother Russia.
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:00:09 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 6:47:59 AM, Syko wrote:
A VTNL has no detrimental effects, only positive ones.

...For town that is.

It has no detrimental effects when there's nothing more to talk about. We have things to talk about. We can just let the timer run out; we don't need to VTNL.

Look, no one is as smart as they think they are. I'll be the first to admit that. But by refusing to consider the possibility that you are wrong, you're behaving anti-town.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 7:03:38 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Going to bed. I've got a case to make tomorrow. Don't end the DP yet.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,085
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 3:15:47 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/16/2016 5:51:57 AM, SolonKR wrote:
At 6/16/2016 2:59:13 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
This is silly. I laid out my case for you DP6, but PoE is also a strong factor. It's not just your vote, it's how both of your votes in the last two DPs have been jumping on the biggest wagon late in the DP without posting anything of substance beforehand.

And that makes me scum... how?

In the case of DP6 specifically, you called the case on Saph contrived, and yet still just hopped on the bandwagon when the DP was running out. In DP7, it reads like you buying cheap towncred by hammering your scumbuddy.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
bsh1
Posts: 27,503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2016 4:19:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
TIME CHECK

About 30 hours remain in the DP.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...