Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

---Murder Mystery Mafia: ENDGAME---

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:14:57 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Aloha!

As always, I hope you enjoyed the game! Please wait until I've posted everything before commenting. Thanks!

SUMMARY

WINNER: Mafia
SECOND PLACE: Town
THIRD PLACE: Converted TP

MAFIA MVP: 7th
TOWN MVP: Budda
OVERALL MVP: 7th

MAFIA

Obi - You are APPIUS ACILIUS ALBINUS NUMIDICUS, Senator of the Republic. You had Poplicola slaughtered to exact revenge for his actions in Thrace. That was to have been your victory, and those Triumphs ought to have been yours. You fought a long, bloody campaign--the Thracians were on the run!--only to have Poplicola sweep in, in the final days and steal all the credit. The reward talents were denied to you and your men, and your dignitas was violated. Yet, you played the part of the loyal general when you returned to Rome, allying yourself with Poplicola's own faction. This stroke of brilliance makes you the ACTRESS. Each night you may target another player. You will learn their role. Additionally, until you target another player, you will appear, upon investigation and death, to have the role and affiliation of your previous target. You win with the guilty.

Hidden Clue: "Years ago, Gaius had asked her to participate in the Cult of Saturn, of which he was the leader. She was consumed by fervency and faith, and was rarely at home. Worshipping became her life." - Gnaeus Iulius Scaevola, excerpted from his personal diary

Ops (Oro 2/Ops) - You are LUCIUS FABRICIUS CANINUS, Senator of the Republic. Known for paying off your enemies, you are the BRIBER. Each NP you may attempt to buy off the moderator. But, because I am picky, I only want certain amounts (four of these seven: 1 talent, 2 talents, 3 talents, 4 talents, 5 talents, 6 talents, or 7 talents), or I shall turn you down. Select correctly, and you will receive a role that night which you must use that night/day or the next, after which it will expire. Select incorrectly, and nothing will happen. You cannot select the same amount twice. You win with the guilty.

Hidden Clue: "Sulla helped in the efforts to round up Thracian suspects for Poplicola's murder. Sulla began by examining slaves owned by the Iulii, Fabricii, Acilii, and Caecilli. He then fanned out examining Thracian freed men as well." - Numerius Iulius Natta, excerpt from his personal diary

[Hidden Mod-Note:

1 Talent = Redirector
2 Talents = Lightning Rod
3 Talents = No ability
4 Talents = No ability
5 Talents = Janitor (must carry out the NK to work)
6 Talents = No ability
7 Talents = Janitor (must carry out the NK to work)]


7th (Amalgam) - You are MANIUS GEGANIUS RUFUS, Senator of the Republic. Your debt compelled you to act, to secure a lucrative command far away from the debt collectors, where you could finally gain the dignitas owed to you. Because of your unfortunately expensive proclivity for whores and booze, you are the ROLEBLOCKER, also known as the "Hooker" or "Drunk." Each night you may select a player and block them from performing their action. You win with the guilty.

Hidden Clue:

"Love illicit,
Deep but fierce;
Passions complicit
In disregard of fear.

Resist she cannot
Tall and unyielding;
His jilted wife distraught
Lonely, tearfully unloved."

- Numerius Rutilus Cato, excerpted from his poetry

TUF - You are VIBIUS GALERIUS ACULEO, Proconsul of Cisalpine Gaul. You had your command ripped from you by Poplicola. You were effectively and embarrassingly demoted. The drop in revenue from the demotion only added insult to the injury of a damaged dignitas. The grudge you bore against Poplicola made it easy to talk you into joining the conspiracy, and it lead to the violent release of your pent up rage as you fought and brutally stabbed Poplicola until he was no longer moving. Because no one saw your face while you entered or exited Poplicola's villa--a remarkable feat to accomplish in daylight--you are the NINJA. Each night, if you carry out the NK, you will be untrackable and unwatchable. You win with the guilty.

Hidden Clue: "Several of my contacts have suggested to me that the murder of Poplicola was a move to vault an Optimates sympathizer into office, and to halt the progress being made for the common people. I will need to look into this, and expose any un-Roman, anti-Populares behavior where it exists." - Publius Ulpius Aggripa, excerpted from his personal diary

TOWN

Syko (Miss) - You are GNAEUS IULIUS SCAEVOLA, Quaestor of the Republic. You are nothing if not loyal to those you love most. Thus, you are the even-night BODYGUARD. Every even night, you may select another player. If they are targeted for death, the kill will be redirected to you instead. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "I spent most of the morning [the day of Poplicola's death] talking to Caninus trying to smooth over the land issue, but the man is nigh impossible to work with. Macer and Cincinnatus are equally impossible to move on the grain dole; Macer is simply greedy, and Cincinnatus is in such debt, he refuses to support any legislation he as aedile might have to pay for. Unfortunately, they hold sway among a great many others; it may be difficult for us to secure the Senate's support for the legislation. Still, it could be bypassed through the Concilium Plebis." - Numerius Iulius Natta, excerpt from his personal diary

Lannan - You are SEPTIMA ULPIA GEMELLA, wife of Appius Iulius Poplicola Cappadocicus. Because you were a woman, denied power in the structures of the Republic, and because your husband's death distressed too much for you to be useful to the investigation, you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "It was widely believed that Hostus, similar in his anti-Rex sympathies to Postumus, rejoiced at the death of Poplicola. When asked by Aulus if he had played a role in those events, Hostus is reported to have merely smiled. Later, Hostus would later claim he saw a man dressed in Thracean garb enter Poplicola's house, but he could not positively identify the man from behind." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, excerpted from his history

Solon 2 (Adam) - You are PUBLIUS ULPIUS AGGRIPA, Tribune of the Plebs of the Republic. Because Tribunes are, by law and religious custom, sacrosanct, other magistrates cannot veto the actions of a Tribune. Thus, you are the ASCETIC. You are unaffected by non-lethal actions. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "To true Romans, dignitas, family, and victory in battle mean everything." - Vibius Galerius Aculeo, excerpted from a speech before the Senate

Fire - You are NUMERIUS IULIUS NATTA, Senator of the Republic. Brother to Poplicola, you were one of his most ardent advocates and one of his killers" most vociferous detectives. Your conduct in this affair stands above reproach, and thus you are the INNOCENT CHILD. On DP5, in the OP, you will be confirmed as town-affiliated. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "It was well-known that Postumus feared kingship--the rise of any leader too far above the rest. He had gone to great lengths prosecuting before the Senate those who he believed had amassed wealth or power for the purpose of becoming Imperator or Dictator for life. In the case of Tertius Claudius Gurges, Praetor, Postumus convinced the Senate to issue a Senatus Consultum Ultimum to prevent him from gaining the Consulship or a Proconsular position that would have given him Imperium, reasonably fearing that Tertius would turn his army upon the Senate." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, excerpted from his history

[Mod-Note: Role Stolen; Converted to Vanilla]

(cont'd below)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:16:12 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
(cont'd from above)

Saph - You are HOSTUS ACILIUS CORVUS, Censor of the Republic. One of the many powers of the Censors in the Republic was to determine the rolls of the Senate, and, thus, who would have a voice in that august body. Because of this, you are the 1-shot CENSOR. Once per game, you may select another player at night. In the immediately successive DP, that player will be struck from the rolls of the Senate, meaning that they will be rendered Voteless that DP, and will be Post-restricted to 75 total posts. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "In the room where Septima discovered her husband's corpse, she would later recount that there must have been a violent struggle--much of the room was in disarray. Moreover, the knife that was used in the attack had been discarded. And, upon her untrained examination, she noted that this knife was not a household implement, or, at least not one used in Rome." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, excerpted from his history

[Hidden Mod-Note: Because the Consuls are magistrates which outrank you in the hierarchy of power, you are not capable of striking either serving Consul from the rolls of the Senate. You will not lose your shot by targeting either of them, however.]

Kiri - You are OPITER ACILIUS METELLUS BITHYNIUS, Consul of the Republic. Because you succeed Poplicola after his demise, you are the BACK-UP. Should a cop die, you will inherit his/her role. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "I received a visit from Lucius Furius Helva. He demands repayment of his loan, with interest. I am unable to pay. Can you lend assistance?" - Paullus Naevius Nasica, excerpted from a letter written to an unidentified second party

[Hidden Mod-Note: Capable of becoming either the Clue Cop or Role Cop]

[Mod-Note: Converted to Clue Cop]


Budda - You are GAIUS VITRUVIUS SCIPIO, Pontifex Maximus of the Republic. You undertake your religious duties with great care and gravitas. You see yourself as a servant of Saturn and of the people, tending the wounds of the soul and protecting your flock. Thus, you are the odd-night DOCTOR. Every odd night, you may select another player and protect them from death. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "The sacrifice today went well. I talked with Opimia. She seemed troubled. Discussed Appius's coming return. Urged me to consult the auspices." - Gaius Vitruvius Scipio, excerpted from his personal diary

Oro - You are SECUNDUS AUTRONIUS CINCINNATUS, Aedile of the Republic. As an Aedile, you have invested virtually all of your personal funds into hosting games and in various public service projects, hoping that your charitable work will make you popular with the voters. However, now in debt, you need funds simply to keep your creditors at bay. Because you are desperate enough to steal to stay afloat, you are the ROLE STEALER. Once per game, you may select another player. You will steal their role, rendering your target vanilla. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "The Optimates and Populares were always bitterly opposed factions, particularly in the years around Poplicola's death. The Iulii and Ulpii, famed patrician and plebian Populares, advocated strongly for populist reforms that the Optimates feared would make them too popular among the people to control. Other prominent Populares gentes included Vitruvia, Rutilia, and Sempronia. The Optimates believed in a rule of the aristocracy, and policies of moderation and caution. The leading Optimate gentes were the Acilia, Caecilia, Naevia, and Fulvia. These lists are, of course, not exhaustive." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, excerpted from his history

[Mod-Note: Converted to Innocent Child]

[Hidden Mod-Note: Flavored Weak. Will die if targets scum.]


XLAV 2 (Zam) - You are PUBLIUS CAECILIUS POSTUMUS, Senator of the Republic. Because your preoccupation with identifying those would would occupy the role of Rex, you are the 5-shot ROLE COP. On five nights, you may select another player. You will earn their role, but not their affiliation. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue:

To be denied
The one you love
Is to be tied--
Bound and chained
To feel the emptiness,
Every motion pained.

- Numerius Rutilus Cato, excerpted from his poetry

Vaar - You are SEXTA OPIMIA BASSA, wife of Gnaeus Iulius Scaevola. Because of your deep devotion to Saturn, you are the BELIEVER. You may sacrifice or leave as tribute to Saturn a sheep, a cow, a goat, a pig, grain, cheese or wine once per NP. You may not repeat a sacrifice; so, once you sacrifice the sheep, you cannot sacrifice the sheep again. If Saturn is pleased with your choice of sacrifice, he will grant you a 1-shot ability that you must use that night or the next night, and which will expire on the third. You cannot use more than one 1-shot ability in a NP. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "Upon returning to Rome from his success campaign in Numidia, Acilius remarked to me, 'Habeo quod triumphus meus.' The celebrations and feasts for Acilius were tremendous, with Gnaeus and Atellus, Aediles, putting on an extravagant set of games in his honor. The excess was revolting." - Publius Caecilius Postumus, excerpted from a letter written to an unidentified second party

[Hidden Mod-Note:

Sheep = No Ability
Cow = Coroner
Goat = No Ability
Pig = No Ability
Grain = Motivator
Cheese = Randomizer
Wine = Coroner]


Solon - You are PAULLUS NAEVIUS NASICA, Senator of the Republic. Given your absolutely immense debts (and your general cowardice), you would join any faction that would help you pay them off (or not kill you). Therefore, you are the TURNCOAT. If killed by the mafia at night, you will survive but switch factions to win with the mafia instead. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "Metellus, due to his great success earlier in his life as a military leader, had great wealth that he used to sustain his allies. Many whispered that he tried to buy his way into office, an act only worthy of the most power-hungry among men. He had brought many men into his influence in this manner." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, excerpted from his history

XLAV - You are AULUS ULPIUS PULCHER, Consul of the Republic. Because you are sent to track down rebelling Lusitanian tribes, you are the TRACKER. Every night you may target a player, and learn who (if anyone) that player visited. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "Gaius and I talked today. He seemed alarmed and confused. He was not sure if the auspices he had cast had informed him that Appius 'would die' or 'must die.' I told him not to alarm himself--Appius was full of vim, vigor, and life. Gaius must have misread them. I offered to help him re-cast the auspices later." - Aulus Ulpius Pulcher, excerpted from his personal diary

(cont'd below)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:20:33 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
(cont'd from above)

Tej - Your are NUMERIUS RUTILUS CATO, acclaimed poet and historian. You take seriously the advice of Polybius when he writes, "once a man takes up the role of historian he must discard all considerations of this kind [biases re: kin and country]." Because it is the mission of a historian to impart truth well, but impartially, you must seek the facts. Thus, you are the CLUE COP. There is a hidden clue assigned to each player which could help inform you about the storyline. When you target a player, you will learn that clue. Players' clues shall also be revealed upon their deaths. Instead of choosing to collect a clue, you may also, on non-consecutive nights, request a helpful research link. The eligible links were preselected by me before the game began, and one will be randomly selected and given to you upon request. You may only ask for a link up to three times. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "Debt collectors could be incredibly violent, and those in debt genuinely feared for their lives. Without military victories to collect plunder, lucrative farming operations, or very profitable trade expeditions, it could be impossible to repay that debt. It would take several years--until Aulus's second consulship--before this problem was addressed through legislation on proper means of debt collection." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, excerpted from his history

[Hidden Mod-Note: These were the links

https://en.wikipedia.org...(Roman_concept)
http://www.novaroma.org...
https://en.wikipedia.org...]


THIRD PARTY

Uther - You are MARCUS CORNELIUS SULLA, Senator of the Republic. Despite being a former Consul, you are not prominently mentioned in the passages from Pictor. Therefore, you are VANILLA. You have no role. You win with the innocent.

Hidden Clue: "Caninus was known for his immense wealth from many landholdings. Having bought his way to the consulship, he was a powerful voice among the elites. He greatly feared the loss of his land because the revenue it provided him was essential to sustain his expensive political habits." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, excerpted from his history

[Mod-Note: Converted to TP due to Mod-Kill]

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Tej - Clc. Oro
XLAV - Trk. TUF
Budda - Doc. Budda
Vaar - Sac. Pig (Na.)
XLAV 2 - Rlcp. TUF
7th - Rlbk. Budda
Ops - Brb. 3 Tal (Na.)
Obi - Act. XLAV
TUF - Ninja NK Tej

NP2

Oro - Rlst. Fire
XLAV - Trk. Obi
Syko - Bdg. Lannan
Vaar - Sac. Win (Crnr.)
XLAV 2 - Rlcp. Budda
Kiri - Clc. Lannan
7th - Rlbk. Budda
Ops - Brb. 6 Tal (Na.)
Obi - Act. Saph
7th - NK XLAV

NP3

Budda - Doc. Budda
7th - Rlbk. Saph
Ops - Brb. 7 Tal (Jntr.)
Obi - Act. XLAV 2

NP4

Syko - Bdg. Saph
XLAV 2 - Rlcp. Obi
Kiri - Clc. Kiri
7th - Rlbk. Budda
Ops - Brb. 1 Tal (Rdct.)
Obi - Act. Lannan
Ops - Jntr. NK XLAV 2

NP5

Budda - Doc. Budda
Kiri - Clc. Budda
7th - Rlbk. Budda
Ops - Brb. 4 Tal (Na.); Rdct. Saph to Saph
7th - NK Budda

NP6

7th - Rlbk. Syko
Ops - Brb. 2 (Ltrd.)
7th - NK Kiri

NP7

7th - Rlbk. Syko
7th - NK Fire

DAY PHASE ARCHIVE

Sign-Ups: http://www.debate.org...
DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
DP4: http://www.debate.org...
DP5: http://www.debate.org...
DP6: http://www.debate.org...
DP7: http://www.debate.org...
DP8: http://www.debate.org...

MOD COMMENTS

Story Solution

"Acilius convinced Vibius and Caninus to join his plans. Rufus did not even need convincing...he was always a ruthless one, esp. after he'd been drinking. Jipped as Acilius had been, and poverty-stricken, there was little choice for Rufus anyway. Caninus agreed to pay Vibius for his services, and trade his in political cache to get Acilius and Rufus a new, lucrative posting somewhere on the frontiers. In return, Caninus's betrothed daughter would not marry a penniless, honorless commander, but instead someone with coffers that overflowed in gold. In robbing Acilius of his victory and its incumbent prestige and wealth, Poplicola had robbed not only Acilius of his desert, but also had denied Caninus the powerful son-in-law he had wanted to strengthen his family. Caninus and Acilius both had expected the later, a member of a successful gens, to return gloried; yet, dishonored as he was, there was no possibility of the marriage going forward until that dignitas was restored. Vibius hated Popicola for the same reason Acilius did--stolen honor. Dishonor could not be tolerated. Poplicola was a thief, and, like a thief, had earned his punishment." - Tiberius Sertorius Pictor, found in letter he wrote to a friend after his histories

On Balance

I thought this game was relatively well-balanced. I didn't think there were a lot of confirmable affiliations based on role structure, besides, perhaps, the Innocent Child. Town had 3 investigative roles, if you want to count the clue cop as such, and it had a back-up that had a 50/50 shot of becoming the role cop. Vaar's role perfectly balanced Ops's role, IMO, and they were intended to be reflections of each other. Mafia had 3 powerful roles (Ninja, Rlbk., and Act.), but the Ninja could not be used on nights where mafia wanted to use their janitor and was still susceptible to the role cop. The Actress was still vulnerable to the Tracker, and the Roleblocker may have had to face some tough choices about who to target when you had a Doc, Role Cop, Bodyguard, and Tracker in the town pile. Town was also supposed to be helped by the Innocent Child, who would be town-confirmed on DP5. Also, since 2 townies were immune to Saph's ability, as was she, and her ability was 1x, I didn't think it would cause town too much harm. In the end, I don't think town ever suffered from a lack of information, so that was good, though mafia could've made some different decisions with their actions.

The Game

I thought town had this game in the bag for the longest time. Mafia was inactive, and town had virtually pegged scum as Amalgam (later 7th) and Ops. I am still a bit surprised how effectively 7th's introduction into the game reinvigorated scum and managed to redirect the momentum. He got his MVP for saving an otherwise doomed team. Town had a lot of helpful, active players, and that was good. It was a hard call between Budda and XLAV, and I thought in most respects they were equally productive in the DPs. Budda managed to keep town on track with his leadership better in some instances where XLAV proved a bit more polarizing, and that was really the reason that he is MVP.

Anyway, I hope it was a good, well-done, balanced game, and I am interested in your feedback. I put a lot of work into crafting a storyline and set of clues that would leave false trails for mafia to distract town with, but which would also implicate the scum team.

=========

You can now post. Again, thanks for playing, and I hope you had a good time.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:23:02 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
As an interesting aside, every regular game in which I was the sole mod, mafia has won. If you count times I co-modded regular games, mafia has won all but once...So, definitely interested in getting balance feedback.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:26:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 12:23:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
As an interesting aside, every regular game in which I was the sole mod, mafia has won. If you count times I co-modded regular games, mafia has won all but once...So, definitely interested in getting balance feedback.

And in feedback on the story/theme, ofc...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:33:40 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I've got to be more careful at how I extract tells by infuriating people. I got the last scum right, but at the cost of emotionally alienating Syko, which really screwed me over. I should have tried a different approach to flipping the lynch onto 7th, but I wasn't sure of Syko's affiliation until her responses to my "case", so that was a bit of a double-edged sword. I'm a bit miffed that neither of my fellow townies took the time to look at the evidence at the end, when I thought I was screaming town, and 7th's slot was so heavily scum-read until he replaced in. I led the horses to water, but oh well.

The DP's I was actually active in were fun. It's just hard to stay motivated. I think I actually prefer smaller games for that reason. Trying to catch up when I replaced in was a slog, and it completely demotivated me.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:38:07 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I EFFING TOLD YOU FVCKS TO LYNCH AMALGAM AND OPSI, BUT NOOOOO SYKO, YOU GOTTA GO AFTER SOLON.

First off, he role claimed ascetic pre-janitor. That alone was more evidence he was town than any player alive had. Legit, you led town straight to a loss. Kudos for pointing out Obi second (post Zam, and XLAV) but i mean Jesus, once Opsi flipped scum everyone shoulda veen like, "OH SH!T, BUDDA WAS RIGHT!!" and lynched Amalgam (7th) summarily. God dangit -_-.

XLAV and I deserve co-mvp's imo. For shame Syko, for shame. I mean c'min, Seventh was acting town AT ALL, and Solon was the only one to point out he was scum in the last DP? I mean c'min, my SR on Amal was only mentioned once post my death? And it was Syko placing a vote then dropping it? In case uou didn't notice, mafia were eliminating active players, and that you were left alive l, despite being conf'd by me. Shoulda been the biggest sign you were totally wrong on Solon, and left alive to lead that ML

Heck, that Saph was killed was another obvious indicator of the Amal/Ops/Obi team. Why kill Saph, but leave you alive? You were obvs gonna lead a lynch on her, so that she died was like 95% confirmation she was right, and because she was mirroring me, that we both were right.

Like I said the DP Obi was lynched, Saph or Solon are only scum if one of Amal, Obi, Ops, was town. But did anyone follow that? Nahhhh

In retrospect I shoulda ignored Obi the DP he wad lynched and just lynched Amal. I shoulda realized, Syko, that you were gonna just end up pushing other people and he would skate by.

*facepalm*

And dang you Solon, for not pointing out this stuff. It was a valiant defense, but a misargued case. Totally should've mentioned all this.

Oh well, that's 2 MVP's in the last 2 games i've played, woulda been nice to win though -_-
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:39:22 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
And did I seriously get targeted every freaking night by Mafia? Lmao, wow
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:39:43 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
http://www.debate.org...

Budda was too good to live.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:40:07 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 12:23:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
As an interesting aside, every regular game in which I was the sole mod, mafia has won. If you count times I co-modded regular games, mafia has won all but once...So, definitely interested in getting balance feedback.

It's not a balance issue, it's a player issue.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:41:05 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
About the Clues

Ops's hidden clue showed that the scum team (which had members of the Acilii) had access to Thracian dress. In Lannan's clue, someone dressed as a Thracian (Vibius) was seen entering the house of the victim.

Solon 2's clue showed the importance of dignitas in Roman society, and indicated that this kind of honor might be worth killing over. Saph's clue indicated that it was likely a man that killed Poplicola, because, as a soldier, he was very fit, and it would've taken someone of equal or greater physical strength to have overpowered him in a fight.

Vaar's clue was about as close to a smoking gun as town would get, because it proves the actual motive of the crime, as discussed in the "Story Solution" section of the OP. Also, with all the hatred towards the Optimates, I thought some scrutiny might be placed on the Optimates in the scum team. Tej's clue may have helped implicate the turncoat, as well.

As for false trails, there was one suggesting that Budda's character may have been the Cult Leader, or may have misinterpreted the auspices and killed Poplicola to please the gods.

There was a false trail that suggested an affair. In the story, I wrote: "the love affair between the wife of the hero of Amasia and the left-handed beauty he called Ahenobarbus in his writings." Gnaeus was sleeping with Poplicola's wife, his sister in law. "Scaevola" was the hint there, because it means left-handed in Latin. Also, Amasia is a place in Pontus, a country Poplicola defeated. In Obi's hidden clue, Gnaeus points out how is own wife is never there, which was the motive for him to seek a different lover. Gnaeus was also very friendly with Poplicola's wife in the story. There may have been some misdirection with the term "Ahenobarbus," which means "red-bearded," because "Rufus," the name of another character, means "red-haired." So, there was an off-chance this false trail could've led town to scum anyway.

There were false trails about preventing the rise of a king, and not all the optimates were guilty, so you could say that the Optimate-Populare thing was, in part, a false trail too.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:43:01 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 12:39:43 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
http://www.debate.org...

Budda was too good to live.

I knew that's exactly why I died, once Obi flipped maf post Syko placing the first vote, then me getting everyone to jump on and bw my bw, i was like, "hopefully my softing at an even night BP will protect me, but it prolly won't", cause Obi was really the outlier in my theory.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:43:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
http://www.debate.org...

I'd also like to be officially given the title of MCP, or Most Cheeky Player.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:50:18 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
effing Syko, steps in, FOS's Obi accurately, then proceeds to lead 2 mislynches xD. Oh man, I love when I cede to another players SR, get that person lynched, and that player cant even return the favor and lynch my top SR. -_-
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
SeventhProfessor
Posts: 5,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 12:53:15 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 12:50:18 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
effing Syko, steps in, FOS's Obi accurately, then proceeds to lead 2 mislynches xD. Oh man, I love when I cede to another players SR, get that person lynched, and that player cant even return the favor and lynch my top SR. -_-

To be fair, she hasn't played on DDO since abandoning her royalpaladin account.
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
Syko
Posts: 393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 9:46:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Nice one Seventh :)

@Budda, I know the plan was to kill Amal but fvck me if Solon wasn't a delicious lynch target.
For Mother Russia.
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 1:20:06 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 12:53:15 AM, SeventhProfessor wrote:
To be fair, she hasn't played on DDO since abandoning her royalpaladin account.

Da fuq?
She's royalpaladin?
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2016 1:21:35 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Look at that scum team.

Bunch of noobs, inactives and a sh*t player that we alrady killed of early.
How da fuq did we lose.
Someone please explain to me.
How da fuq.
Did we.
Lose.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:19:29 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I'm pretty mad about this actually. The whole reason I voted myself was because I thought town would be able to focus on finding the actual scum and so my reads would hopefully be given more weight. Very disappointed neither of those things happened. It should have been clear Budda and I were working together and that we were both town.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:22:04 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 1:21:35 PM, XLAV wrote:
Look at that scum team.

Bunch of noobs, inactives and a sh*t player that we alrady killed of early.
How da fuq did we lose.
Someone please explain to me.
How da fuq.
Did we.
Lose.

Anytime you're killed early we know town is going to lose
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:22:46 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 1:21:35 PM, XLAV wrote:
Look at that scum team.

Bunch of noobs, inactives and a sh*t player that we alrady killed of early.
How da fuq did we lose.
Someone please explain to me.
How da fuq.
Did we.
Lose.

town being town
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:23:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 12:38:07 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
I EFFING TOLD YOU FVCKS TO LYNCH AMALGAM AND OPSI, BUT NOOOOO SYKO, YOU GOTTA GO AFTER SOLON.

Nobody listens to me when I say to lynch Amalgam either. WTF makes him immune to being scumread?

First off, he role claimed ascetic pre-janitor. That alone was more evidence he was town than any player alive had. Legit, you led town straight to a loss. Kudos for pointing out Obi second (post Zam, and XLAV) but i mean Jesus, once Opsi flipped scum everyone shoulda veen like, "OH SH!T, BUDDA WAS RIGHT!!" and lynched Amalgam (7th) summarily. God dangit -_-.

XLAV and I deserve co-mvp's imo. For shame Syko, for shame. I mean c'min, Seventh was acting town AT ALL, and Solon was the only one to point out he was scum in the last DP? I mean c'min, my SR on Amal was only mentioned once post my death? And it was Syko placing a vote then dropping it? In case uou didn't notice, mafia were eliminating active players, and that you were left alive l, despite being conf'd by me. Shoulda been the biggest sign you were totally wrong on Solon, and left alive to lead that ML

Heck, that Saph was killed was another obvious indicator of the Amal/Ops/Obi team. Why kill Saph, but leave you alive? You were obvs gonna lead a lynch on her, so that she died was like 95% confirmation she was right, and because she was mirroring me, that we both were right.

Like I said the DP Obi was lynched, Saph or Solon are only scum if one of Amal, Obi, Ops, was town. But did anyone follow that? Nahhhh

In retrospect I shoulda ignored Obi the DP he wad lynched and just lynched Amal. I shoulda realized, Syko, that you were gonna just end up pushing other people and he would skate by.

*facepalm*

And dang you Solon, for not pointing out this stuff. It was a valiant defense, but a misargued case. Totally should've mentioned all this.

Oh well, that's 2 MVP's in the last 2 games i've played, woulda been nice to win though -_-
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 2:36:38 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 2:23:17 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/18/2016 12:38:07 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
I EFFING TOLD YOU FVCKS TO LYNCH AMALGAM AND OPSI, BUT NOOOOO SYKO, YOU GOTTA GO AFTER SOLON.


Nobody listens to me when I say to lynch Amalgam either. WTF makes him immune to being scumread?

He's not, I lead a lynch on him in Yu-Gi-Oh Mafia when he was scum alsp
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,759
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 1:19:48 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/18/2016 12:23:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
As an interesting aside, every regular game in which I was the sole mod, mafia has won. If you count times I co-modded regular games, mafia has won all but once...So, definitely interested in getting balance feedback.

Is it any wonder why I'd want your game reviewed for balance...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2016 7:54:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/19/2016 1:19:48 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 6/18/2016 12:23:02 AM, bsh1 wrote:
As an interesting aside, every regular game in which I was the sole mod, mafia has won. If you count times I co-modded regular games, mafia has won all but once...So, definitely interested in getting balance feedback.

Is it any wonder why I'd want your game reviewed for balance...

Yeah, a bit. I haven't had any serious complaints about balance in my last few games. I think I only ever really screwed up a single regular game I modded.

Plus, if you don't think I balance well, then just don't play. It's pretty simple, and that's, I think, what ended up happening. I am not going to submit my games to someone else for review just to convince people that it's balanced.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...