Jump to topic:

Disorder in the Courtroom Mafia

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:14:52 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Details regarding theme will be released when the game starts.

Things you should know:

1. This is an 11/13/15 man game, depending on how many sign up.

2. This game contains advanced mafia elements and, as such, it is not suited toward beginners. Signing up does not guarantee you a spot; I will use my best judgement to award positions in the game.

3. Each role in this setup has a 'psychological malady', which essentially acts as a hidden characteristic changing the nature of the role. On the surface, all roles seem fairly basic, but each are either slightly or significantly changed depending upon the psychological malady in question.

RULES:

1. Day Phase is 72 hours long. Night Phase lasts either 48 hours or until all night-actions are submitted; whichever comes first.

2. Votes to lynch must be in bold. You can unvote. You do not need to unvote before re-voting for someone else.

3. IMPORTANT: Due to the recent trend of inactivity, I've implemented a mechanism which penalize's a team if too many of its members are inactive. There are more town players, so town is more vulnerable to this penalty. You should assume that you will draw town -- so do not under any circumstance be inactive. You won't just be hurting yourself, you'll be hurting everyone.

4. Standard ethics rules apply. No C/P, no screenshots, no breaking implicit rules, and no speaking after the DP is over. If you know someone has been hammered, you should consider the DP over even if I have not made it official. Any speaking after the DP is obviously over will be punished.

5. Complete rules will come when the game starts.

I will not be a lenient mod. If you sign up, you are agreeing to be active and engaged. You are agreeing to follow the rules. You are agreeing to be a team player. Any behavior which contradicts these requirements will be dealt with most harshly.

Sign-Ups

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:20:04 AM
/in
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 6:34:10 AM
At 6/21/2016 6:14:52 AM, Cobalt wrote:

Things you should know:

2. This game contains advanced mafia elements and, as such, it is not suited toward beginners. Signing up does not guarantee you a spot; I will use my best judgement to award positions in the game.

3. Each role in this setup has a 'psychological malady', which essentially acts as a hidden characteristic changing the nature of the role. On the surface, all roles seem fairly basic, but each are either slightly or significantly changed depending upon the psychological malady in question.

RULES:

1. Day Phase is 72 hours long. Night Phase lasts either 48 hours or until all night-actions are submitted; whichever comes first.

2. Votes to lynch must be in bold. You can unvote. You do not need to unvote before re-voting for someone else.

3. IMPORTANT: Due to the recent trend of inactivity, I've implemented a mechanism which penalize's a team if too many of its members are inactive. There are more town players, so town is more vulnerable to this penalty. You should assume that you will draw town -- so do not under any circumstance be inactive. You won't just be hurting yourself, you'll be hurting everyone.

4. Standard ethics rules apply. No C/P, no screenshots, no breaking implicit rules, and no speaking after the DP is over. If you know someone has been hammered, you should consider the DP over even if I have not made it official. Any speaking after the DP is obviously over will be punished.

I will not be a lenient mod. If you sign up, you are agreeing to be active and engaged. You are agreeing to follow the rules. You are agreeing to be a team player. Any behavior which contradicts these requirements will be dealt with most harshly.

Sign-Ups

1. missb
2. velcrow
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:25:46 AM
At 6/21/2016 6:34:10 AM, VelCrow wrote:

Things you should know:

RULES:

Sign-Ups

1. missb
2. velcrow
3. wylted
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 12:20:00 PM

Things you should know:

RULES:

Sign-Ups

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:05:05 PM
/in
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:31:25 PM
Sorry. While I thoroughly enjoyed playing mafia again, I'm not about to waste time and energy playing a game with 99% of the people being inactive.

I see that you are going to punish the entire team, rather than the individual, which is basically just multiplying the harm of inactivity. The fact they're inactive already punishes the entire team.

I'd just as soon as you implement a whitelist and exclude people known for inactivity or requiring replacement.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 11:24:45 PM
At 6/21/2016 10:31:25 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
Sorry. While I thoroughly enjoyed playing mafia again, I'm not about to waste time and energy playing a game with 99% of the people being inactive.

I see that you are going to punish the entire team, rather than the individual, which is basically just multiplying the harm of inactivity. The fact they're inactive already punishes the entire team.

I'd just as soon as you implement a whitelist and exclude people known for inactivity or requiring replacement.

I can understand that sentiment. If I find it difficult to get enough players in the game because of that rule, I'll let it go and simply pray that inactivity isn't an issue. The mechanism in place will slowly strip a person of their role, thus reducing their utility to town. Actives will not directly be affected by this punishment, but they will feel the indirect effects of it.

As for the whitelist, I've already got that going in my head. There are some 10 members that will not be allowed to participate in my game either because they have demonstrated extreme inactivity in the past or because they do not take the game seriously. I'll bump you again if a lack of people requires me to drop this rule.
breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 3:16:08 AM
I will /in.

Wish me luck.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 3:30:44 AM
At 6/21/2016 12:20:00 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Things you should know:

RULES:

Sign-Ups

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...
Lol
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 8:08:56 PM
At 6/21/2016 11:25:45 PM, Cobalt wrote:
Sign-Ups

1. missb
2. velcrow
3. wylted
4. Buddamoose
5. lannan13
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 8:09:27 PM
I really don't think it's all that fair to punish town when there's 10-11 town members, one of them is bound to be inactive.

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 12:19:44 AM
At 6/22/2016 8:09:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:
I really don't think it's all that fair to punish town when there's 10-11 town members, one of them is bound to be inactive.

Of course. I'm expecting that. If it's like my previous game where over half of town is extremely inactive -- that's when I step in. I'm going to make sure that the "punishment" is just and that it encourages play.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 12:23:32 AM
At 6/23/2016 12:19:44 AM, Cobalt wrote:
At 6/22/2016 8:09:27 PM, lannan13 wrote:

Of course. I'm expecting that. If it's like my previous game where over half of town is extremely inactive -- that's when I step in. I'm going to make sure that the "punishment" is just and that it encourages play.

Fair enough, as long as it's more directed at the inactives and not the town in general.

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 12:27:17 AM
At 6/23/2016 12:23:32 AM, lannan13 wrote:

Fair enough, as long as it's more directed at the inactives and not the town in general.

After TGAP's similar complaint, I've been looking at ways to do this without reducing town's total utility. If I can't find a way to deal with inactives without punishing town, I will almost certainly just let it go.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 12:12:01 AM
/in
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 6:52:10 PM
Sign-Ups

1. missb
2. velcrow
3. wylted
4. Buddamoose
5. lannan13
6. TGAP
7. ShabShoral
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 6:52:34 PM
At 6/27/2016 12:08:30 PM, Grandzam wrote:
I like this player list so far so

/in

Have you played before?
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 6:56:34 PM
At 6/28/2016 6:53:21 PM, Grandzam wrote:
Yes.

Can you link me to some of your games? Ordinarily one must complete a game in the Beginner Series before being accepted into non-Beginner games. If you've played elsewhere or on a different account, I'll just need to confirm that you're an active player and you can be in.
Grandzam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 6:59:55 PM

I went inactive halfway through, and I'm sorry for that, but I can guarantee that I absolutely will be active the whole time no matter what happens (unless I die, etc. :)
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 7:05:39 PM
At 6/28/2016 6:59:55 PM, Grandzam wrote:

I went inactive halfway through, and I'm sorry for that, but I can guarantee that I absolutely will be active the whole time no matter what happens (unless I die, etc. :)

I may put you in if I lack players. For right now, try getting a Beginner game under your belt and don't go inactive. Promises are nice, but I can't rely on them.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 7:07:43 PM
Sign-Ups

1. missb
2. velcrow
3. wylted
4. Buddamoose
5. lannan13
6. TGAP
7. ShabShoral
8. Danielle
President of DDO
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:52:47 PM
This playerlist is promising.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:58:25 PM
Sign-Ups

1. missb
2. velcrow
3. wylted
4. Buddamoose
5. lannan13
6. TGAP
7. ShabShoral
8. Danielle
9. 7th
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...