Total Posts:225|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner's Mafia 47.1: DP1

SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:39:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
INTRODUCTION TO MAFIA

Welcome! Mafia is a strategy game that pits an uninformed majority (the Town) against an informed minority (the Mafia). This means that the townies don't know who the other townies are, but the mafia do, and they have their own shared PM to communicate. The game begins with the Day Phase (DP), a public thread in which all players may discuss to determine who they think is mafia. Town's objective is to eliminate the mafia by voting to lynch them, while the mafia's objective is to avoid being lynched and get townies lynched instead. During the Night Phase (NP), players can use any abilities they have, and the mafia may kill one player of their choice. All night actions are submitted privately via each player's individual or mafia PM. The game ends when either all of the mafia have been eliminated, or when the mafia make up 50% or more of the living players (since there will not be enough townies to lynch them).

RULES

Gameplay

1. Votes or unvotes must be bolded.
2. You may unvote or change your vote at any time before the final vote count is posted. However, once a lynch occurs, no further vote changes will count.
3. A lynch occurs when a majority of the players votes to lynch someone.
4. After a lynch occurs, all players (including the lynched player) may talk until I post the final vote count.
5. If a majority hasn't been reached by deadline, or if a majority VTNLs, the DP will end in a no-lynch.
6. Submit night actions via your PM.
7. DPs have a deadline of 72 hours. NPs have a deadline of 24 hours.

Player Conduct

1. Don't C/P anything from your role PMs into the game. Paraphrasing is fine.
2. Don't talk about the game outside the thread or mod-sanctioned PMs.
3. Don't post in the game thread after you die and have been flipped.
4. Play to your win condition.
5. Violating one of these rules will result in a modkill.

Other

1. If you are asking me a question in the DP, please bold it.
2. Please maintain civil conduct.
3. Please limit quote pyramids. They clutter the game, making it more difficult to read.
4. Anything not covered here will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

The mafia may continue to talk in their designated PM after death.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:39:36 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
SETUP

Because DDO formatting won't let me post tables, here's the link to the Matrix 6 setup, as well as a list of all possible role PMs. This is very important, so please read it:

https://docs.google.com...

COMMONLY USED TERMS

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Birdlandmemories
2. Rawk
3. Roukezian
4. Omni
5. Missbailey8
6. Grandzam
7. Wylted
8. FourTrouble
9. Buddamoose

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 7:00 pm EST, on 7/4/16.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:51:31 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
VTL Birdlandmemories
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:56:55 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 10:52:49 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
do you have any reasoning for that?

It's a random voting stage, of course she doesn't.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 10:59:16 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 10:52:49 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
do you have any reasoning for that?
It's RVS. You don't need reasoning for a RVS.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
SolonKR
Posts: 4,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 11:26:07 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
VOTE COUNT
Bird (1/5) - Bailey
Budda (1/5) - Rawk
Rou (1/5) - Omni
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 11:41:34 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.

Well, that is certainly an interesting choice, likely because I randomly chose you.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 11:53:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?

Probably the latter, because he directly replied to it. He wanted me to know.
Roukezian
Posts: 1,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 12:04:07 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 11:53:42 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?

Probably the latter, because he directly replied to it. He wanted me to know.

For both.
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 12:06:06 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 12:04:07 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:53:42 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?

Probably the latter, because he directly replied to it. He wanted me to know.

For both.

I see.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 12:12:26 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 12:04:07 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:53:42 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?

Probably the latter, because he directly replied to it. He wanted me to know.

For both.
Okay... that seems a bit fishy if you ask me.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Roukezian
Posts: 1,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 12:31:22 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 12:12:26 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:04:07 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:53:42 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?

Probably the latter, because he directly replied to it. He wanted me to know.

For both.
Okay... that seems a bit fishy if you ask me.

Please elaborate on how that is fishy.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 12:38:19 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 12:31:22 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:12:26 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:04:07 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:53:42 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?

Probably the latter, because he directly replied to it. He wanted me to know.

For both.
Okay... that seems a bit fishy if you ask me.

Please elaborate on how that is fishy.

Why else would you get defensive enough to vote someone because they voted you?
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Roukezian
Posts: 1,711
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:08:56 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 12:38:19 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:31:22 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:12:26 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:04:07 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:53:42 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?

Probably the latter, because he directly replied to it. He wanted me to know.

For both.
Okay... that seems a bit fishy if you ask me.

Please elaborate on how that is fishy.

Why else would you get defensive enough to vote someone because they voted you?

It's not being defensive. Just Rvsing back.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:14:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:08:56 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:38:19 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:31:22 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:12:26 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 12:04:07 AM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:53:42 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:43:11 PM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:33:16 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 7/1/2016 11:14:10 PM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
VTL Roukezian

VTL omni.
Did you vote him just because he voted you or for RVS?

Probably the latter, because he directly replied to it. He wanted me to know.

For both.
Okay... that seems a bit fishy if you ask me.

Please elaborate on how that is fishy.

Why else would you get defensive enough to vote someone because they voted you?

It's not being defensive. Just Rvsing back.
Okay, whatever you say. I don't really think that you're scum. (Granted, I don't think you're town either.) It's too early to tell. I was just curious on your decision.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:15:01 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
I don't think this means Roukezian is scum as of now. I think if he was mafia, he would know that isn't a very good tactic and would expose himself.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:20:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:15:01 AM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
I don't think this means Roukezian is scum as of now. I think if he was mafia, he would know that isn't a very good tactic and would expose himself.
Oh I get it, I was just a little suspicious. It's too early to tell who's maf and who's not, especially with this damn inactivity.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:26:49 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:20:17 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 1:15:01 AM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
I don't think this means Roukezian is scum as of now. I think if he was mafia, he would know that isn't a very good tactic and would expose himself.
Oh I get it, I was just a little suspicious. It's too early to tell who's maf and who's not, especially with this damn inactivity.

As a victim of being inactive I can concur.
missbailey8
Posts: 1,881
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:30:50 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:29:04 AM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
Well unless other members make posts, this game is at a bit of an impasse.
Yeah, but most Beginner's Games start like that. Hopefully FourTrouble and Buddamoose with start playing soon. Then the game will get interesting.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Omniscient_Debater
Posts: 285
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 1:32:24 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 1:30:50 AM, missbailey8 wrote:
At 7/2/2016 1:29:04 AM, Omniscient_Debater wrote:
Well unless other members make posts, this game is at a bit of an impasse.
Yeah, but most Beginner's Games start like that. Hopefully FourTrouble and Buddamoose with start playing soon. Then the game will get interesting.

True.