Disorder in the Courtroom Mafia - DP1

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2016 11:53:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Breaking News:

Last weekend, the world watched in horror as the crime of the century unfolded right before its very eyes. The great masterpiece, Screech, was stolen from the famous Shouvre Museum in broad daylight.

Today, every seat in the Vertigem Courthouse is packed to the brim with onlookers, all hoping to catch a glimpse of the highest profile criminals in the history of art crime. More details to come.

Breaking News:

Reports are coming in that some "green gas" has been released inside the courthouse. This was followed by a flood of people rushing out onto the streets. Details are scarce, but our source on the inside claims that the doors have been barred and that some people, including the honorable judge, are still inside the building.

The presiding judge said moments ago, "Now, now, we"re just going to figure all this out. These doors are going to stay locked until these heinous criminals are sentenced for their crimes."

We"ll report back in when we know something more on this developing case.

---------------------------------

Welcome to "Disorder in the Courtroom" Mafia! A mysterious green gas has trapped 13 people in the Courthouse and amplified the insecurity and insanity of all who were affected.

But since when did mental instability stop justice from being dispensed?! It is your job to figure out who the criminals are and adjudicate the harshest of punishments for their intolerable crimes. You each have the full backing and authority of the justice system on your side -- so use your power responsibly.

--------------------------------------

Rules:

1. DP lasts 72 hours. NP lasts 48 hours or until the last night action is submitted; whichever comes first.

2. Votes-to-lynch must be in bold. You may unvote. It is not necessary to unvote before changing your vote to someone else.

3. Lynches occur on a majority basis. .

4. Use your brain and play ethically. No copy/pasting your role. Significant paraphrase is required during a claim. Do not post screenshots. Do not talk about the game outside of proper channels. Do not abuse your power to take advantage of the game. If you play fairly, all will be well.

Notes Regarding Mechanics:

1. The theme flavor texts are not an important factor in this game.

2. All players have a psychological malady. What this entails is not clear.

3. Questions regarding clarity of mechanics or rules should be posed to the mod privately. Should this clarification be relevant to the game, the mod will post said clarification publicly.

4. The mod will post official vote counts as often as possible. However, the mod is not a robot and may not be online 24/7. As such, unofficial vote counts are encouraged. Do not abuse this encouragement by purposely posting incorrect vote counts.

5. Maladies are not indicative of affiliation. They are furthermore not always indicative of role.

-----------------------------------------

I wish everyone the best of luck.

Day Phase 1 has now begun. The DP ends at 06:50 CST on 7/10/16
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:01:48 AM
At 7/7/2016 11:53:02 PM, Cobalt wrote:
Are we going to get a player list?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:02:21 AM
VTL Udel

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:04:59 AM
Players Alive:

1. Vaarka
2. Geographia
3. Wylted
4. Velcrow
5. Lannan
6. TheGreatAndPowerful
7. ShabShoral
8. Danielle
9. SeventhProfessor
10. SolonKR
11. Skepsikyma
12. Roukazien
13. Udel
SeventhProfessor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:26:49 AM
My role makes me depressed. At least it's not vanilla.

VTL Shab
#UnbanTheMadman

#StandWithBossy

#BetOnThett

"bossy r u like 85 years old and have lost ur mind"
~mysteriouscrystals

"I've honestly never seen seventh post anything that wasn't completely idiotic in a trying-to-be-funny way."
~F-16

https://docs.google.com...
SolonKR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:32:09 AM
The mafia are the people who fart the most. Game theme solved.

VTL Skep for being his coy self.
SO to Bailey, the love of my life <3
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:42:24 AM
At 7/8/2016 12:40:54 AM, Roukezian wrote:
Mb8 quit the website. Was she replaced?

Yeah she was. Didn't see that list of names.
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:50:39 AM
***Official Vote Count***

Udel - (2/7) - [Lannan, TGAP]
Shab - (1/7) - [Seventh]
Skep - (1/7) - [Solon]
Solon - (1/7) - [Roukezian]
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 2:59:24 AM
The election requires my 24/7 attention. They take a lot more work than anybody here knows, so excuse my inactivity for DP1. Will still check in though
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 3:34:45 AM
At 7/8/2016 2:50:22 AM, Udel wrote:
Vtl Shab for character claim

Is this your first game?

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 3:35:41 AM
At 7/8/2016 12:41:26 AM, Roukezian wrote:
VTL Solon

I like you.

VTL Solon
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 3:36:28 AM
At 7/8/2016 12:08:57 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
I'm a hooker.

VTL Udel

Wait a minute. Hooker is a mafia roleblocker.

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 3:52:21 AM
Unvote
VTL TGAP

For scum slip.

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 4:26:49 AM
Vtl TGAP for character claim. I'd like to compare it to my character.

Not only was his post a possible scum slip, but he bandwagoned on lannan's original vote for Udel without any reasoning at all. Meanwhile, lannan mentioned he voted Udel because he suspected it was Udel's first game (he said in the sign up thread that it wasn't).

Who has played with Wylted in a few games? I'm curious if his saying "I'll be too busy to post" is his mafia meta. He did it in the last game as mafia. I'm wondering if he is legitimately busy "with the election" or if this is just something he does to avoid claiming on DP1. Something to think about.
President of DDO
Cobalt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 4:30:49 AM
***Official Vote Count***

Udel - (1/7) [TGAP]
Shab - (2/7) [7th, Udel]
Skep - (1/7) [Solon]
Solon - (2/7) [Roukezian, Skep]
TGAP - (2/7) [Lannan, Danielle]
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 6:07:59 AM
At 7/8/2016 4:26:49 AM, Danielle wrote:

Not only was his post a possible scum slip, but he bandwagoned on lannan's original vote for Udel without any reasoning at all. Meanwhile, lannan mentioned he voted Udel because he suspected it was Udel's first game (he said in the sign up thread that it wasn't).

Who has played with Wylted in a few games? I'm curious if his saying "I'll be too busy to post" is his mafia meta. He did it in the last game as mafia. I'm wondering if he is legitimately busy "with the election" or if this is just something he does to avoid claiming on DP1. Something to think about.

Something something Mafia rule #1.

Wylted is probably legitimately busy with the election. Are you on? If so, what vice are you?
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 6:20:39 AM
Y'know, I think that our vices/psychological maladies will not help us find out who is scum. In the sign up threads, Cobalt said that the maladies change the role you are assigned. This leads to believe that while I have malady A, I could have easily gotten malady X, or Y. Maybe if there is a pattern, then perhaps town is illegal actions/things etc, while mafia is legal ,inline with the court/law setting. Gluttony, for example, would be scum because while it is a malady, it isn't illegal.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 11:15:40 AM
At 7/8/2016 3:52:21 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Unvote
VTL TGAP

For scum slip.

Yes, I scum slipped by voluntarily admitting I am a hooker. Think, Lannan
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 11:18:28 AM
At 7/8/2016 4:26:49 AM, Danielle wrote:

I'm a working girl stuck in the court room. Apparently I'm very attractive.

And RVS is random. There are no reasons.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:18:52 PM
At 7/8/2016 11:18:28 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Is your character famous? If so, describe.

Hooker and Prostitute = Mafia
Town Role Blocker = Town
President of DDO
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:36:32 PM
At 7/8/2016 12:18:52 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 7/8/2016 11:18:28 AM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:

Is your character famous? If so, describe.

Hooker and Prostitute = Mafia
Town Role Blocker = Town

Yes, I understand the implications. I have been an avid EpicMafia player in the past. To forstall any confusion, you might remember me under the drafterman moniker (both here and there).

So, I get it. Detective = Town, Stalker = Mafia. Tracker = Town, Scout = Mafia. Watcher = Town, Lookout = Mafia.

And so forth.

My role does not call me a "hooker", no. But nevertheless I am the roleblocker and I am a prostitute. Anyone familiar with mafia is going to see that as hooker.

That's why I claimed it.

I'm town, I'm not going to lie about my role. In my estimation, lying is scummier than having a scummy role.

Is this WIFOM? Yes, so I'm not going to argue "Well if I was mafia I wouldn't claim my real role, herp". I'm just going to put it out there. In any event, it's not a slip. I'm doing this deliberately with the full understanding that "hooker" is traditionally mafia sided role. So either I'm a Townie being open about having a scummy role or I'm mafia pulling a gambit. Either way, I'm not slipping. This was no accident.

To answer your question, I'm not famous. I wasn't even given a name.

I have a graphic depiction of my physical characteristics. An explanation that I am a "working girl" on 82nd and MLK. And the circumstances behind me being in the courtroom (pay a solicitation fine).

Somehow, this is the "opportunity of a lifetime" for me, which I don't understand unless the implication is that I'm going to fvck everyone here and get paid for it.
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 12:40:13 PM
We all have maladies, as per the OP. Most of us, even town, are probably criminals of some sort. I imagine some are also court staff. I also imagine that some court staff might even be non-town (perhaps in league with the real criminals).

Flavor text means nothing, as per the OP.

The criminal element of our roles, I think, is meant as a distraction/red herring. It plays to the theme of paranoid that would inevitably arise from all of us being locked in a room with a mysterious green gas.

Personally, I'd like a mass claim of what "malady" everyone things they have. As it is, I'm not sure what mine is unless prostitution is seen as a malady.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 1:05:18 PM
At 7/8/2016 12:40:13 PM, TheGreatAndPowerful wrote:
We all have maladies, as per the OP. Most of us, even town, are probably criminals of some sort. I imagine some are also court staff. I also imagine that some court staff might even be non-town (perhaps in league with the real criminals).

Hi, drafterman! I dunno what to make of your WIFOM claim, but if our maladies are some sort of mental illness or paranoia, then it would make sense to have a town role blocker. Paranoid people get opposite/flawed results and that could be problematic for town. The mafia might also have a powerful role like Strongman (which seemingly makes sense with the theme). Now that I know you're not a noob, I'm more inclined to believe it wasn't a slip. I'll unvote for now.

To clarify, my character/role doesn't sound scummy. It is a role that is typically aligned with the town. Also, I thought my character was a famous person that I'd never heard of (based on the description) but I just Googled the name and apparently it's fictional.

Personally, I'd like a mass claim of what "malady" everyone things they have. As it is, I'm not sure what mine is unless prostitution is seen as a malady.

I think my malady is stated pretty clearly in my Role PM. I'd rather delay a mass claim and wait to pressure someone that seems scummy and get their character/malady claim, so that I can compare it to mine. Also (for subtle breadcrumb and reference later) my malady doesn't appear to be from the gas; it's described as being inherent to my character.
President of DDO
TheGreatAndPowerful
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 1:09:52 PM
At 7/8/2016 1:05:18 PM, Danielle wrote:

To clarify, my character/role doesn't sound scummy. It is a role that is typically aligned with the town. Also, I thought my character was a famous person that I'd never heard of (based on the description) but I just Googled the name and apparently it's fictional.

So you explicitly have a name? Because I do not. Not sure if that means anything.