Jump to topic:

Elimination Game

ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2016 2:08:36 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Elimination Thread Rules: Each option starts with 8 points. Any user can cast one upvote worth +1 point, and one downvote worth -2 points. Users cannot vote again until 3 other users have voted. When an option drops to zero points, it is eliminated. Once the list is down to 5, each upvote is worth +1 and each downvote is worth -3. Please justify your votes with some reason. Doesn't have to be too detailed but if you just post a vote with no explanation, I won't count it.

For example, if the list looks like this:

Superman 8
Batman 8
Green Lantern 8
The Flash 8
Wonder Woman 8
Hulk 8
Spiderman 8

Then the first player could cast a vote that would look like this:

Superman 8
Batman 9
Green Lantern 8
The Flash 8
Wonder Woman 8
Hulk 6
Spiderman 8

"I like Batman bc he has no super powers and relies on intellect to defeat his enemies. Hulk is overrated because he is really strong but can be outsmarted easily."

Let's start out with something people will definitely have opinions on: Which Mafia role is the most fun to play!

Here's the starting list:

Doctor 8
Vanilla 8
Godfather 8
Cop 8
Serial Killer 8
Bomb 8
Tracker 8
Bodyguard 8
Joint win Survivor 8
Goon 8

Please try to keep the thread as clean as possible and try not to post inaccurate vote counts. Let the voting begin!
VelCrow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:44:40 AM
At 7/13/2016 2:08:36 AM, ford_prefect wrote:
Elimination Thread Rules: Each option starts with 8 points. Any user can cast one upvote worth +1 point, and one downvote worth -2 points. Users cannot vote again until 3 other users have voted. When an option drops to zero points, it is eliminated. Once the list is down to 5, each upvote is worth +1 and each downvote is worth -3. Please justify your votes with some reason. Doesn't have to be too detailed but if you just post a vote with no explanation, I won't count it.

For example, if the list looks like this:

Superman 8
Batman 8
Green Lantern 8
The Flash 8
Wonder Woman 8
Hulk 8
Spiderman 8

Then the first player could cast a vote that would look like this:

Superman 8
Batman 9
Green Lantern 8
The Flash 8
Wonder Woman 8
Hulk 6
Spiderman 8

"I like Batman bc he has no super powers and relies on intellect to defeat his enemies. Hulk is overrated because he is really strong but can be outsmarted easily."

Let's start out with something people will definitely have opinions on: Which Mafia role is the most fun to play!

Here's the starting list:

Doctor 8
Vanilla 8
Godfather 8
Cop 8
Serial Killer 8
Bomb 8
Tracker 8
Bodyguard 8
Joint win Survivor 8
Goon 8

Please try to keep the thread as clean as possible and try not to post inaccurate vote counts. Let the voting begin!

Doctor 8
Vanilla 7
Godfather 8
Cop 9
Serial Killer 8
Bomb 8
Tracker 8
Bodyguard 8
Joint win Survivor 8
Goon 8

Officer Hopps is the bestest of the best (and if you dont get the reference, you should...)

Vanilla is overated. Strawberry is a better flavor.
"Ah....So when god "Taught you" online, did he have a user name like "Darthmaulrules1337", and did he talk in all caps?" ~ Axonly

http://www.debate.org...
Bob13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2016 7:57:20 PM
Doctor 8
Vanilla 6
Godfather 8
Cop 9
Serial Killer 9
Bomb 8
Tracker 8
Bodyguard 8
Joint win Survivor 8
Goon 6

Serial Killer is a challenge because you have to kill every other player. Goon is boring.
I don't have a signature. :-)
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2016 10:48:29 PM
Doctor 8
Vanilla 4
Godfather 9
Cop 9
Serial Killer 9
Bomb 8
Tracker 8
Bodyguard 8
Joint win Survivor 8
Goon 6

I hate playing vanilla because it's too basic. Not enough excitement. I like playing as Godfather because it's a challenge to appear scummy enough to be investigated by a cop but not scummy enough to warrant being outright lynched or killed by a vig.
ford_prefect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 3:56:54 AM
Would there be any interest in an elimination thread, if it were a different topic? Movies, video games, sports, etc?

I saw this type of thread on another site and thought it was cool but maybe not...