Total Posts:91|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ad Hominem the Poster Above You

MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 3:02:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
FREEDO wants us to ad hominem the posters above us, but this is only because he is unable to comprehend a true logical argument.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 3:04:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
MTGandP cannot make statements on logic and reasoning as he has under 1,000 posts.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 3:13:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I-am-a-panda can not make a logical argument since he is a panda. Everyone knows the only thing panda's are good at are being killed by pouchers.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 4:17:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 3:13:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I-am-a-panda can not make a logical argument since he is a panda. Everyone knows the only thing panda's are good at are being killed by pouchers.

You're a duck hence you're jealous of pandas ; they can kill you ¬.¬
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 4:25:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 4:17:41 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 12/26/2010 3:13:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I-am-a-panda can not make a logical argument since he is a panda. Everyone knows the only thing panda's are good at are being killed by pouchers.

You're a duck hence you're jealous of pandas ; they can kill you ¬.¬

You have a small penis

Therefore your arguments are invalid.
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 5:10:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 4:25:01 PM, wamba wrote:
At 12/26/2010 4:17:41 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
At 12/26/2010 3:13:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I-am-a-panda can not make a logical argument since he is a panda. Everyone knows the only thing panda's are good at are being killed by pouchers.

You're a duck hence you're jealous of pandas ; they can kill you ¬.¬

You have a small penis

Therefore your arguments are invalid.

You have no penis

Therefore, you don't have a say
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 7:07:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 5:10:52 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Therefore, you don't have a say
You're not American. So shut up.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 10:25:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 7:07:38 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/26/2010 5:10:52 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
Therefore, you don't have a say
You're not American. So shut up.

In Russia bears shut you up >:)
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
vardas0antras
Posts: 983
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 10:42:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/26/2010 10:29:46 PM, wamba wrote:
At 12/26/2010 10:25:54 PM, vardas0antras wrote:
In Russia bears shut you up >:)



http://img242.imageshack.us...
1. I eat you
2. Eaten people fail
Hence, your argument fails
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 10:38:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vardas is an idiot, which is why he's stupid. His argument sucks, like him.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:02:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 10:38:47 PM, m93samman wrote:
Vardas is an idiot, which is why he's stupid. His argument sucks, like him.

Based solely on his posting style I assumed m93samman was a woman.
Since perception is reality, m93samman is a woman.
Since m93samman follows the Quran he must abide by its regulations.
The Quran states that a woman is worth half of a man in value

"2:282 O ye who believe! When ye contract a debt for a fixed term, record it in writing. Let a scribe record it in writing between you (in terms of) equity. No scribe should refuse to write as Allah hath taught him, so let him write, and let him who incurreth the debt dictate, and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord, and diminish naught thereof. But if he who oweth the debt is of low understanding, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call two witness from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women,"

Therefore, since m93samman is worth half of me, I am worth two of him.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:09:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
askbob tried too hard, but did a good job. Kudos; I congratulate you on a job well done, but over done.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:12:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:02:14 PM, wamba wrote:
At 12/27/2010 10:38:47 PM, m93samman wrote:
Vardas is an idiot, which is why he's stupid. His argument sucks, like him.

Based solely on his posting style I assumed m93samman was a woman.
Since perception is reality, m93samman is a woman.
Since m93samman follows the Quran he must abide by its regulations.
The Quran states that a woman is worth half of a man in value

"2:282 O ye who believe! When ye contract a debt for a fixed term, record it in writing. Let a scribe record it in writing between you (in terms of) equity. No scribe should refuse to write as Allah hath taught him, so let him write, and let him who incurreth the debt dictate, and let him observe his duty to Allah his Lord, and diminish naught thereof. But if he who oweth the debt is of low understanding, or weak, or unable himself to dictate, then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call two witness from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not at hand, then a man and two women,"

Therefore, since m93samman is worth half of me, I am worth two of him.

btw, the reason being is that a woman can't be around a man she is not married to alone, especially if there are several men. Just saying.

If there are 2 women, it is closer to being acceptable. Just the idea is that one single woman should not be alone with other men.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:17:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:12:23 PM, m93samman wrote:
If there are 2 women, it is closer to being acceptable. Just the idea is that one single woman should not be alone with other men.

This is incorrect. Notice that they are witnesses. Meaning the original party must be present as well.

"then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call two witness"
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:22:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:17:26 PM, wamba wrote:
At 12/27/2010 11:12:23 PM, m93samman wrote:
If there are 2 women, it is closer to being acceptable. Just the idea is that one single woman should not be alone with other men.

This is incorrect. Notice that they are witnesses. Meaning the original party must be present as well.

"then let the guardian of his interests dictate in (terms of) equity. And call two witness"

The guardian of his interests... hmm... HIS interests. Also a man.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:26:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:22:12 PM, m93samman wrote:
The guardian of his interests... hmm... HIS interests. Also a man.

Yes the man is the incapacitated one. The guardian is not incapacitated and is the one present with witnesses. Therefore the guardian can be male or female.

I would assume that the guardian of most mens interests would be their wives if they happened to be mentally incapacitated.

Either way I don't see how the following is unacceptable as you hint:

Two men, one woman - unacceptable

Two women, one man - acceptable

To me the situation where the abuse is more likely to occur is the acceptable one which you have alluded to.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:32:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:26:05 PM, wamba wrote:
At 12/27/2010 11:22:12 PM, m93samman wrote:
The guardian of his interests... hmm... HIS interests. Also a man.

Yes the man is the incapacitated one. The guardian is not incapacitated and is the one present with witnesses. Therefore the guardian can be male or female.

I would assume that the guardian of most mens interests would be their wives if they happened to be mentally incapacitated.

Either way I don't see how the following is unacceptable as you hint:

Two men, one woman - unacceptable

Two women, one man - acceptable

To me the situation where the abuse is more likely to occur is the acceptable one which you have alluded to.
In terms of financial transactions, which are on the male side. Once the man gets finance, he shares with his wife, not vice versa. Hence one man for two females only in financial transactions, thank you very much.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:34:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:22:12 PM, m93samman wrote:
The guardian of his interests... hmm... HIS interests. Also a man.
Regardless, your plane headed the wrong way, my friend. You're in the United States of America, not Outdated States of Syria. Well, hello.
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:36:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:32:53 PM, Mirza wrote:
In terms of financial transactions, which are on the male side. Once the man gets finance, he shares with his wife, not vice versa. Hence one man for two females only in financial transactions, thank you very much.

Lol valuation of being is the same.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:36:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
... Hence your arguments on DDO are invalid, because it's a proud American website, coded by a proud American, coded in the proud American SQL, which is also designed by the proud American company IBM, which, naturally, is proud to be American.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:40:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:36:51 PM, Mirza wrote:
... Hence your arguments on DDO are invalid, because it's a proud American website, coded by a proud American, coded in the proud American SQL, which is also designed by the proud American company IBM, which, naturally, is proud to be American.

You live in Denmark so you have no say.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:43:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:40:07 PM, lovelife wrote:
You live in Denmark so you have no say.
Your argument doesn't count because you are supposed to be inthekitc--- at the school and cooksomefo--- listen to lectures about the benefits of staying in the kit--- classroom.
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:43:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:36:51 PM, Mirza wrote:
Syria has invented many things that foolish U.S. people couldn't such as glass blowing. What has the proud U.S. invented? The internet? Lightbulbs? Utilization of electricity? Jazz? All pale in comparison to glass blowing.
gerrandesquire
Posts: 1,258
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 5:14:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/27/2010 11:43:40 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/27/2010 11:40:07 PM, lovelife wrote:
You live in Denmark so you have no say.
Your argument doesn't count because you are supposed to be inthekitc--- at the school and cooksomefo--- listen to lectures about the benefits of staying in the kit--- classroom.

Your argument doesn't count because you are a sexist chauvinist pig. :-)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 5:18:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/28/2010 5:14:07 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Your argument doesn't count because you are a sexist chauvinist pig. :-)

There's a lime in the coconut.
Your argument is invalid.

http://i36.tinypic.com...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 9:58:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/28/2010 5:18:26 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/28/2010 5:14:07 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Your argument doesn't count because you are a sexist chauvinist pig. :-)

There's a lime in the coconut.
Your argument is invalid.

http://i36.tinypic.com...

I'm a cat with a human body. Your argument is invalid.
http://trollcats.com...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave