Total Posts:159|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 47.2: DP2

Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 4:54:12 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Skep (replaced Omni) - You are Arthur Allan Thomas. You were convicted of two murders you did not commit which resulted in a 9-year prison sentence. The evidence, in the form of a rifle cartridge case, had been planted by police. To make matters worse, you were convicted twice for the same crime. Your innocence makes you a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Rouke - You are Dennis Rader, a man well known for his methods of work. While you remained anonymous for many years, people knew you for your acronym, BTK. You would enjoy binding your victims, torturing them, and then killing them. Due to your strange pleasure in these acts, you are a Sadist. Your vote will only count toward a lynch if that player is at L-1. You win with the Town.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Birdlandmemories
2. Rawk
3. Matt
4. Miss (Grandzam)
5. Wylted
6. FourTrouble
7. Buddamoose

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 1:00 pm, EST, on 8/5/16
.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 5:40:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 5:37:07 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Alright. Anyone have any useful results they obtained during NP?

Not sure that there's a cop in this game. The theme seems to be criminals...
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 5:44:41 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 5:40:53 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
At 8/2/2016 5:37:07 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Alright. Anyone have any useful results they obtained during NP?

Not sure that there's a cop in this game. The theme seems to be criminals...

Eh, Theme kinda means little. My role isn't really connected to my character. If it was town would all be sadists lol.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 5:45:33 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 5:40:53 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
At 8/2/2016 5:37:07 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Alright. Anyone have any useful results they obtained during NP?

Not sure that there's a cop in this game. The theme seems to be criminals...

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the game so far?
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 5:46:26 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 4:54:12 PM, Sapphique wrote:
LYNCHED LAST DP

Skep (replaced Omni) - You are Arthur Allan Thomas. You were convicted of two murders you did not commit which resulted in a 9-year prison sentence. The evidence, in the form of a rifle cartridge case, had been planted by police. To make matters worse, you were convicted twice for the same crime. Your innocence makes you a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Rouke - You are Dennis Rader, a man well known for his methods of work. While you remained anonymous for many years, people knew you for your acronym, BTK. You would enjoy binding your victims, torturing them, and then killing them. Due to your strange pleasure in these acts, you are a Sadist. Your vote will only count toward a lynch if that player is at L-1. You win with the Town.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Birdlandmemories
2. Rawk
3. Matt
4. Miss (Grandzam)
5. Wylted
6. FourTrouble
7. Buddamoose

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 1:00 pm, EST, on 8/5/16
.

I think you forgot the replacements in the living players. Oh well.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 5:46:52 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 5:44:41 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/2/2016 5:40:53 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
At 8/2/2016 5:37:07 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Alright. Anyone have any useful results they obtained during NP?

Not sure that there's a cop in this game. The theme seems to be criminals...

Eh, Theme kinda means little. My role isn't really connected to my character. If it was town would all be sadists lol.

Ah. I suppose if theme did mean something. There would be a stalker or something. Anyways, I have band practice in a few minutes and won't be active for an hour and a half or something.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 5:50:07 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 5:45:33 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/2/2016 5:40:53 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
At 8/2/2016 5:37:07 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Alright. Anyone have any useful results they obtained during NP?

Not sure that there's a cop in this game. The theme seems to be criminals...

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the game so far?

Not sure. I didn't really have any scum reads other then Skep, which was incorrect. Once practice is over I'll do a lot of scum hunting. I'll probably pressure everyone a little.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 7:45:02 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Alright, to get something going I'll atart asking some questions. They are not very good, but they will hopefully start conversations.

1. Reads. These will probably spark the most.
2. Motivations. Why do you think Rouk was targeted instead of someone else?

I don't have any scum reads, but here they are.
1. FT. Aggressive scum hunting playstyle combined with trying to teach others how to play the game better puts him into my town pile.
2. Everyone else. Null/town. I really don't have much info on the others, other then their seemingly null/towny posts. We all need to post more to make hunting easier.

I don't have any clue for motivations. Hopefully others have ideas, because if we can find a good motivation we can find someone who would use it.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:10:16 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 7:45:02 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Alright, to get something going I'll atart asking some questions. They are not very good, but they will hopefully start conversations.

1. Reads. These will probably spark the most.
2. Motivations. Why do you think Rouk was targeted instead of someone else?

I don't have any scum reads, but here they are.
1. FT. Aggressive scum hunting playstyle combined with trying to teach others how to play the game better puts him into my town pile.
2. Everyone else. Null/town. I really don't have much info on the others, other then their seemingly null/towny posts. We all need to post more to make hunting easier.

I don't have any clue for motivations. Hopefully others have ideas, because if we can find a good motivation we can find someone who would use it.

This is good. Right now you and FT are my strongest town reads, although this might change as we explore your question.

"Why do you think Rouk was targeted instead of someone else?"

Why indeed. FT was widely town read by most of the players in the game and a strong player. He would logically been the most dangerous for scum. So why was it Rou? I can think of a few possibilities:

1. Rou was the only one who had claimed a power role. While it was a relatively weak power role, a noob scum may have focused on getting rid of town sided power roles instead of town behavior players. This is foolish. A good vanilla will always be better than a bad cop any day of the week.

2. They were "scared" of lynching FT. I'll go a bit WIFOM here but bear with me. Since FT is the most widely town read player, scum knows that he is also the most likely to be watched/protected as he generally has a high chance of being NK'd due to his town behavior. So instead, they went for someone less likely to be watched, Rou.

3. FT is in fact scum and the reason he wasn't NK'd is because he was mafia the whole time. Perhaps less likely but still a possibility. We already know he is a strong town player and very experienced. It wouldn't be hard o imagine he could pull the wool over noobs. But personally I don't think he's like that. He seems too willing to try and help us improve.

Thoughts?
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:30:59 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:10:16 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/2/2016 7:45:02 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Alright, to get something going I'll atart asking some questions. They are not very good, but they will hopefully start conversations.

1. Reads. These will probably spark the most.
2. Motivations. Why do you think Rouk was targeted instead of someone else?

I don't have any scum reads, but here they are.
1. FT. Aggressive scum hunting playstyle combined with trying to teach others how to play the game better puts him into my town pile.
2. Everyone else. Null/town. I really don't have much info on the others, other then their seemingly null/towny posts. We all need to post more to make hunting easier.

I don't have any clue for motivations. Hopefully others have ideas, because if we can find a good motivation we can find someone who would use it.

This is good. Right now you and FT are my strongest town reads, although this might change as we explore your question.

"Why do you think Rouk was targeted instead of someone else?"

Why indeed. FT was widely town read by most of the players in the game and a strong player. He would logically been the most dangerous for scum. So why was it Rou? I can think of a few possibilities:

1. Rou was the only one who had claimed a power role. While it was a relatively weak power role, a noob scum may have focused on getting rid of town sided power roles instead of town behavior players. This is foolish. A good vanilla will always be better than a bad cop any day of the week.

2. They were "scared" of lynching FT. I'll go a bit WIFOM here but bear with me. Since FT is the most widely town read player, scum knows that he is also the most likely to be watched/protected as he generally has a high chance of being NK'd due to his town behavior. So instead, they went for someone less likely to be watched, Rou.

3. FT is in fact scum and the reason he wasn't NK'd is because he was mafia the whole time. Perhaps less likely but still a possibility. We already know he is a strong town player and very experienced. It wouldn't be hard o imagine he could pull the wool over noobs. But personally I don't think he's like that. He seems too willing to try and help us improve.

Thoughts?

Number two makes the most sense. The idea of three scares me, just because we have no way of telling wether it's true or not in the near future. I agree it's probably not, but it's pretty concerning...
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:31:09 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:19:15 PM, Roukezian wrote:
I'm supposedly dead but the game is easy. Just lynch FT.

This is the sort of thing for which you should be blacklisted from mafia on DDO.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:31:49 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:30:47 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Vote: Matt

Why? Because he suggested that you were scum?
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:32:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:31:09 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/2/2016 8:19:15 PM, Roukezian wrote:
I'm supposedly dead but the game is easy. Just lynch FT.

This is the sort of thing for which you should be blacklisted from mafia on DDO.
Yeah, that is pretty stupid. Maybe not blacklisted, but really. Don't do that.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:33:30 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:32:48 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Yeah, that is pretty stupid. Maybe not blacklisted, but really. Don't do that.

As far as I'm concerned, that is a blacklistable offense. You don't talk after you die. It's fvcked up.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:36:53 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:32:53 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Whoever killed Rou is incompetent as fvck. I should be cleared on the basis of that night-kill alone.

That makes no sense to me. If you were scum, would you NK yourself? That doesn't clear you. It actually makes you look more suspicious.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:39:21 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:36:53 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If you were scum, would you NK yourself? That doesn't clear you. It actually makes you look more suspicious.

No.

If I were scum, I would have killed whoever I thought had a strong role, or I would have killed the best player in the game, or I would have killed someone who was unlikely to ever be lynched. Rou was neither of these.

Incompetent scum killed Rou because they're stupid (or they were trying to create paranoia about me).
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:40:11 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:37:34 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
Vote: Bailey

Immediately switching votes to someone who hasn't even posted in this DP right after you were pressured by people to say why you voted someone without any explanation seems pretty scummy to me.

(I'm not trying to target you, I'll work on others to. I have very inconclusive reads and I'm trying to work on them.)
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:41:36 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:39:27 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I think FT is imploding.

Imploding? Is that mafia slang, because I don't get it.
FourTrouble
Posts: 12,757
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:42:03 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:37:57 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Why?

I'm voting Bailey because Matt showed concern about someone hammering Skep. It's not something that clears Matt, but it was pro-town enough to let him off for the moment.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:43:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:41:36 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
At 8/2/2016 8:39:27 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I think FT is imploding.

Imploding? Is that mafia slang, because I don't get it.

It was a joke. Basically, FT is going crazy.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:44:19 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:42:03 PM, FourTrouble wrote:
At 8/2/2016 8:37:57 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Why?

I'm voting Bailey because Matt showed concern about someone hammering Skep. It's not something that clears Matt, but it was pro-town enough to let him off for the moment.

Ok. that makes sense.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2016 8:44:52 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/2/2016 8:43:48 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/2/2016 8:41:36 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
At 8/2/2016 8:39:27 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I think FT is imploding.

Imploding? Is that mafia slang, because I don't get it.

It was a joke. Basically, FT is going crazy.

You can ignore it now anyway.