Total Posts:84|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 47.2: DP3

Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 9:32:30 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Bird - You are Jeffry Dahmer, a man who killed several men. Known to be a sex offender and a necrophiliac, you even went as far as cooking and eating your victims. However, you were easily overpowered by a would-be victim, and willingly admitted to the murders. Due to how easily you were taken down, you are a 1x Weak Role Cop. Once per game you may select another player. You will learn their role (but not affiliation). You will die if you target a mafioso. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

FT - You are Gerry Conlon. You"along with three others, collectively known as the Guilford Four, and later the Maguire Seven"were falsely arrested, tortured, and imprisoned for 14 years on charges of being responsible for a bombing in Guilford that killed 5 people. Your innocence makes you a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Skep - Arthur Allan Thomas - Vanilla - Town
Rouke - Dennis Rader - Sadist - Town
Bird - Jeffrey Dahmer - 1x Weak Role Cop - Town
FT - Gerry Conlon - Vanilla - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Rawk
2. Matt
3. Miss (Grandzam)
4. Disc (Wylted)
5. Cobalt (Buddamoose)

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 5:30pm, EST, on 8/9/16.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 9:56:30 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Posting here to remind me to come on tomorrow.

The NK of FT was predictable and proves to me we're dealing with a noob scum.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2016 10:17:07 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Oh boy. I guess the lynching of FT was pretty predictable. I don't nessecariky think it was noob scum, as everyone said that killing Rouk instead if him was a bad idea. However, it makes noob scum more likely, as it seems that they were acting according to what everyone was saying.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 12:16:19 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Predictable does not mean bad idea. Not by a long shot.

The NK of FT is proof that the scum team was willing to take our advice yesterday. They are capable of learning. Improving. That's all it shows.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 12:18:05 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
This is LyLo. Anybody with any results of any kind, come forward now.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 7:02:40 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/8/2016 9:32:30 PM, Sapphique wrote:
LYNCHED LAST DP

Bird - You are Jeffry Dahmer, a man who killed several men. Known to be a sex offender and a necrophiliac, you even went as far as cooking and eating your victims. However, you were easily overpowered by a would-be victim, and willingly admitted to the murders. Due to how easily you were taken down, you are a 1x Weak Role Cop. Once per game you may select another player. You will learn their role (but not affiliation). You will die if you target a mafioso. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

FT - You are Gerry Conlon. You"along with three others, collectively known as the Guilford Four, and later the Maguire Seven"were falsely arrested, tortured, and imprisoned for 14 years on charges of being responsible for a bombing in Guilford that killed 5 people. Your innocence makes you a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Skep - Arthur Allan Thomas - Vanilla - Town
Rouke - Dennis Rader - Sadist - Town
Bird - Jeffrey Dahmer - 1x Weak Role Cop - Town
FT - Gerry Conlon - Vanilla - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Rawk
2. Matt
3. Miss (Grandzam)
4. Disc (Wylted)
5. Cobalt (Buddamoose)

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 5:30pm, EST, on 8/9/16.


I'm pretty sure that date is wrong. 8/9/16 is not 72 hours from now.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 7:07:37 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 12:18:05 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
This is LyLo. Anybody with any results of any kind, come forward now.

I think everyone should at least character claim at this point. I know FT doesn't like it lol, but I think thematic analysis can do some good.

I'm Richard Ramirez.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 7:26:18 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 7:07:37 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 12:18:05 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
This is LyLo. Anybody with any results of any kind, come forward now.

I think everyone should at least character claim at this point. I know FT doesn't like it lol, but I think thematic analysis can do some good.

I'm Richard Ramirez.

Are you vanilla?
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 7:50:45 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 7:26:18 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:07:37 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 12:18:05 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
This is LyLo. Anybody with any results of any kind, come forward now.

I think everyone should at least character claim at this point. I know FT doesn't like it lol, but I think thematic analysis can do some good.

I'm Richard Ramirez.

Are you vanilla?

I don't think I'll say either way yet.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 7:53:59 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 7:50:45 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:26:18 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:07:37 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 12:18:05 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
This is LyLo. Anybody with any results of any kind, come forward now.

I think everyone should at least character claim at this point. I know FT doesn't like it lol, but I think thematic analysis can do some good.

I'm Richard Ramirez.

Are you vanilla?

I don't think I'll say either way yet.

I don't want a role claim. I just want to knoq if you have a role. This is important because of what my role is, and I can explain why after you answer.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 8:05:39 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 7:53:59 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:50:45 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:26:18 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:07:37 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 12:18:05 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
This is LyLo. Anybody with any results of any kind, come forward now.

I think everyone should at least character claim at this point. I know FT doesn't like it lol, but I think thematic analysis can do some good.

I'm Richard Ramirez.

Are you vanilla?

I don't think I'll say either way yet.

I don't want a role claim. I just want to knoq if you have a role. This is important because of what my role is, and I can explain why after you answer.

*Sigh* Fine, i'm not vanilla.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 8:08:37 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 8:05:39 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:53:59 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:50:45 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:26:18 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:07:37 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 12:18:05 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
This is LyLo. Anybody with any results of any kind, come forward now.

I think everyone should at least character claim at this point. I know FT doesn't like it lol, but I think thematic analysis can do some good.

I'm Richard Ramirez.

Are you vanilla?

I don't think I'll say either way yet.

I don't want a role claim. I just want to know if you have a role. This is important because of what my role is, and I can explain why after you answer.

*Sigh* Fine, i'm not vanilla.

I am. I was doing theme analysis. Congratulations on not scum slipping by claiming you are vanilla when your charater identity clearly proves you are not.

Who should we lynch today? I'm thinking cobalt.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 8:10:01 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 8:08:37 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 8:05:39 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:53:59 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:50:45 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:26:18 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 7:07:37 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 12:18:05 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
This is LyLo. Anybody with any results of any kind, come forward now.

I think everyone should at least character claim at this point. I know FT doesn't like it lol, but I think thematic analysis can do some good.

I'm Richard Ramirez.

Are you vanilla?

I don't think I'll say either way yet.

I don't want a role claim. I just want to know if you have a role. This is important because of what my role is, and I can explain why after you answer.

*Sigh* Fine, i'm not vanilla.

I am. I was doing theme analysis. Congratulations on not scum slipping by claiming you are vanilla when your charater identity clearly proves you are not.

Who should we lynch today? I'm thinking cobalt.

Perhaps. Why are you thinking Cobalt?
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 8:10:52 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/8/2016 10:17:07 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Oh boy. I guess the lynching of FT was pretty predictable. I don't nessecariky think it was noob scum, as everyone said that killing Rouk instead if him was a bad idea. However, it makes noob scum more likely, as it seems that they were acting according to what everyone was saying.

Could you character claim please <3
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 8:16:36 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 8:10:01 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Perhaps. Why are you thinking Cobalt?

My theory is that cobalt killed rouk NP1 specifically with the intent of using that lame argument he uses in DP2 to try to get FT discredited and lynched. When this didn't work, he simply killed him instead.

Because I am vanilla I really don't have much else to go on (my name is anthony graves by the way) and so if you have anything at all that could help please come forward with it.

Although so far out of all the town roles that have been revealed vanilla is the strongest so it would not suprise me if your role was also weaker than vanilla.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 8:22:59 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 8:16:36 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 8:10:01 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Perhaps. Why are you thinking Cobalt?

My theory is that cobalt killed rouk NP1 specifically with the intent of using that lame argument he uses in DP2 to try to get FT discredited and lynched. When this didn't work, he simply killed him instead.

Because I am vanilla I really don't have much else to go on (my name is anthony graves by the way) and so if you have anything at all that could help please come forward with it.

Although so far out of all the town roles that have been revealed vanilla is the strongest so it would not suprise me if your role was also weaker than vanilla.

Perhaps it's simpler than that. We know Cobalt has been quite inactive in mafia recently. Maybe he was inactive as scum and his noob teammate picked a target for him. As a result he tried to defend it by using it to discredit FT when he finally came back online.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 8:25:03 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 8:22:59 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 8:16:36 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 8:10:01 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Perhaps. Why are you thinking Cobalt?

My theory is that cobalt killed rouk NP1 specifically with the intent of using that lame argument he uses in DP2 to try to get FT discredited and lynched. When this didn't work, he simply killed him instead.

Because I am vanilla I really don't have much else to go on (my name is anthony graves by the way) and so if you have anything at all that could help please come forward with it.

Although so far out of all the town roles that have been revealed vanilla is the strongest so it would not suprise me if your role was also weaker than vanilla.

Perhaps it's simpler than that. We know Cobalt has been quite inactive in mafia recently. Maybe he was inactive as scum and his noob teammate picked a target for him. As a result he tried to defend it by using it to discredit FT when he finally came back online.

Maybe. I don't know. All I know is that if we lose it won't be losing to the scum team, it will be losing to inactivity.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 8:25:36 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 8:25:03 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 8:22:59 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 8:16:36 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 8:10:01 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Perhaps. Why are you thinking Cobalt?

My theory is that cobalt killed rouk NP1 specifically with the intent of using that lame argument he uses in DP2 to try to get FT discredited and lynched. When this didn't work, he simply killed him instead.

Because I am vanilla I really don't have much else to go on (my name is anthony graves by the way) and so if you have anything at all that could help please come forward with it.

Although so far out of all the town roles that have been revealed vanilla is the strongest so it would not suprise me if your role was also weaker than vanilla.

Perhaps it's simpler than that. We know Cobalt has been quite inactive in mafia recently. Maybe he was inactive as scum and his noob teammate picked a target for him. As a result he tried to defend it by using it to discredit FT when he finally came back online.

Maybe. I don't know. All I know is that if we lose it won't be losing to the scum team, it will be losing to inactivity.

True.
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 2:43:26 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
inb4 I am mislynched and bailey ends up being scum.

Headed to work. Will try to reread while there.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 3:04:47 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 8:10:52 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/8/2016 10:17:07 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Oh boy. I guess the lynching of FT was pretty predictable. I don't nessecariky think it was noob scum, as everyone said that killing Rouk instead if him was a bad idea. However, it makes noob scum more likely, as it seems that they were acting according to what everyone was saying.

Could you character claim please <3

Sorry it took me so long. I just got back from vacation, and had to go to a doctors appointment, as well as write up my debate.

My character is Dr. Sam Sheppard.
I_Wanna_Rawk
Posts: 480
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 3:08:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Bailey is a huge liability here. All the other mislynches were of pretty inactive players, so it's most likely that it's one of the people who have posted so far and not an inactive. However, because she is inactive, we will never have a very conclusive idea of who the scum is. Does anyone know how to deal with this/get around it somehow? It could mean the difference between winning and losing.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 4:06:51 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 3:53:13 PM, Cobalt wrote:
How would you know what the theme is? (Beyond the killer part, obviously)

I'll explain what I meant after you give us your character and tell me if you have a role.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 4:11:28 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 3:08:48 PM, I_Wanna_Rawk wrote:
Bailey is a huge liability here. All the other mislynches were of pretty inactive players, so it's most likely that it's one of the people who have posted so far and not an inactive. However, because she is inactive, we will never have a very conclusive idea of who the scum is. Does anyone know how to deal with this/get around it somehow? It could mean the difference between winning and losing.

Only way around that would be replacing the innactive. The mods probably are trying, I think this because I was asked to play not vice versa, but not many people like playing in the beginners series.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 5:23:40 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 4:06:51 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 3:53:13 PM, Cobalt wrote:
How would you know what the theme is? (Beyond the killer part, obviously)

I'll explain what I meant after you give us your character and tell me if you have a role.

I'll tell you I'm Ted Bundy (though my pm says Ted "brundy"). I'm not role claiming just yet, though
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 5:40:23 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 5:23:40 PM, Cobalt wrote:
At 8/9/2016 4:06:51 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 3:53:13 PM, Cobalt wrote:
How would you know what the theme is? (Beyond the killer part, obviously)

I'll explain what I meant after you give us your character and tell me if you have a role.

I'll tell you I'm Ted Bundy (though my pm says Ted "brundy"). I'm not role claiming just yet, though

Can you at least tell us whether or not you're vanilla?
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 6:13:34 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 8/9/2016 5:40:23 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 8/9/2016 5:23:40 PM, Cobalt wrote:
At 8/9/2016 4:06:51 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 8/9/2016 3:53:13 PM, Cobalt wrote:
How would you know what the theme is? (Beyond the killer part, obviously)

I'll explain what I meant after you give us your character and tell me if you have a role.

I'll tell you I'm Ted Bundy (though my pm says Ted "brundy"). I'm not role claiming just yet, though

Can you at least tell us whether or not you're vanilla?

If maf thinks I'm a pr, there's a good chance I get killed. If they think I'm vanilla, chances are they target you, since you've effectively claimed a pr by claiming "not vanilla". My not claiming makes life a little harder for maf. Though it doesn't look like it might matter much in this setup, since our pr's seem to be crap. I imagine there's one decent one amid the crap.
Cobalt
Posts: 991
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 6:16:05 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
Ie, I'm not going to claim unless town gains utility by me doing it. Obvs I'll have to claim if I get enough pressure.

DD, didn't you say you thought you knew something about the theme? If so, perhaps you will know whether I am or am not vanilla.