Beginners' Mafia 48.x: SIGN-UPS

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 4:38:44 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

Mafia University is a two-game crash course on how to play mafia. Both of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Theme & Role Madness

Both of these games will be balanced. The first game will use the Matrix 6 setup--for more information, see http://wiki.mafiascum.net... The second game will be a themed role-madness game, much like the majority of regular games here on DDO. The goal is for you to develop your essential scumhunting skills in a more distilled environment first, and then to apply them in a regular mafia setting.

Note: New players--if you are not already my friend, please send me a friend request. It makes communicating and sending PMs easier.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 4:39:28 PM
SIGN-UPS

I'm looking for (ideally) 6 new players and 3 ringers, but anywhere from 5-7 newbies and 2-4 ringers is also acceptable. I reserve the right to decide who counts as a newbie or a ringer.

New Players:

Ringers:
1. Bsh1 (reserved--please confirm in-thread)

Replacements (open to all, preference given to new players):
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
I_Wanna_Rawk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 5:37:27 PM
At 8/22/2016 4:39:28 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SIGN-UPS

I'm looking for (ideally) 6 new players and 3 ringers, but anywhere from 5-7 newbies and 2-4 ringers is also acceptable. I reserve the right to decide who counts as a newbie or a ringer.

New Players:

Ringers:

/in, but not sure if I qualify as a ringer or new player now. I think I'm still considered a noob.
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 5:38:50 PM
SIGN-UPS

New Players:
1. Rawk

Ringers:

Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 5:48:46 PM
At 8/22/2016 5:38:50 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SIGN-UPS

New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Tree_of_Death

Ringers:

"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2016 8:39:30 PM
New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Rouk

Ringers:
2. VoT

1. Matt
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 2:21:40 AM
I'll confirm.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 2:56:12 PM
/in
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 3:17:19 PM
At 8/22/2016 4:39:28 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SIGN-UPS

New Players:

Ringers:

/in Sorry, I didn't know how to sign up correctly. My bad.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 4:02:24 PM
New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Rouk
3. Tree
4. Tej? (not sure where to put you, so I'll let Sapph decide)

Ringers:
1. Bsh1 (reserved)
2. VoT

1. Matt
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 5:51:44 PM
New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Rouk
3. Tree
5. Music

Ringers:
1. Bsh1 (reserved)
2. VoT

1. Matt
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 8:06:45 PM
At 8/23/2016 5:51:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Rouk
3. Tree
5. Music

Ringers:
1. Bsh1 (reserved)
2. VoT

1. Matt

Lol. I'm not really new. Been playing for 3 years.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2016 8:51:02 PM
At 8/23/2016 5:51:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:
New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Rouk
3. Tree
5. Music
6. triangle.128k

Ringers:
1. Bsh1 (reserved)
2. VoT

1. Matt
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 4:28:51 AM
New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Tree
3. Tej (putting you here since you haven't played in a while iirc and also space issues)
4. Music
5. Triangle

Ringers:
1. Bsh1
2. VoT
3. Rouk

1. Matt

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 4:29:57 AM
This is filling up faster than I expected, wow. Better start on the themed game now with Vaar or we'll be late again XD

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 11:59:06 AM
At 8/24/2016 4:29:57 AM, Sapphique wrote:
This is filling up faster than I expected, wow. Better start on the themed game now with Vaar or we'll be late again XD

heh...

Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 12:17:01 PM
At 8/22/2016 4:38:44 PM, Sapphique wrote:
Welcome to DDO's Mafia University!

Don't know what Mafia is? Have a little knowledge but want to improve? Need practice? Then this is for you!

Mafia University is a two-game crash course on how to play mafia. Both of the games will teach you specific skills involved in mafia, leaving you with the tools you'll need to be a fierce mafia player. Here is the curriculum:

Game One: Scumhunting
Game Two: Theme & Role Madness

Both of these games will be balanced. The first game will use the Matrix 6 setup--for more information, see http://wiki.mafiascum.net... The second game will be a themed role-madness game, much like the majority of regular games here on DDO. The goal is for you to develop your essential scumhunting skills in a more distilled environment first, and then to apply them in a regular mafia setting.

Note: New players--if you are not already my friend, please send me a friend request. It makes communicating and sending PMs easier.

Ill join if you have any spots left. First time
Im not a Nazi
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 12:19:38 PM
New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Tree
3. Tej (putting you here since you haven't played in a while iirc and also space issues)
4. Music
5. Triangle
6. Capital

Ringers:
1. Bsh1
2. VoT
3. Rouk

1. Matt
2. Flex

breakingamber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 6:48:20 PM
Joining as replacement.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2016 11:02:09 PM
New Players:
1. Rawk
2. Tree
4. Music
5. Triangle
6. Capital

Ringers:
1. Bsh1
2. VoT
3. Rouk

1. Matt
2. Flex
3. Breaking

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 1:10:25 AM
Sign-ups are now closed.

Role PMs will go out soon, but I might not post the game thread until tomorrow morning.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 12:18:00 AM
At 8/22/2016 7:35:17 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
I'll /in as a replacement.

We need a replacement. You up for it?

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 12:56:39 PM
At 8/24/2016 6:48:20 PM, breakingamber wrote:
Joining as replacement.

You up for replacing?

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 12:59:49 PM
At 9/1/2016 12:56:39 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Joining as replacement.

You up for replacing?

Dibs?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 1:03:17 PM
At 9/1/2016 12:59:49 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Joining as replacement.

You up for replacing?

Dibs?

Well I'm trying to find someone who would fit better replacing a beginner. You'd probably be better replacing a ringer, though if neither of them respond, I may turn to you.

TheFlex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 1:07:15 PM
At 9/1/2016 1:03:17 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 9/1/2016 12:59:49 PM, TheFlex wrote:
Joining as replacement.

You up for replacing?

Dibs?

Well I'm trying to find someone who would fit better replacing a beginner. You'd probably be better replacing a ringer, though if neither of them respond, I may turn to you.

I can dig it. Just let me know.