Beginners' Mafia 48.1 DP3

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 4:40:05 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Capital - You are a 1x Bulletproof. You will survive one lethal action during the game. You win with the Town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Tree - You are a Tracker. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who they visited, but not what action(s) they took. You win with the Town.

GRAVEYARD

Tej - Vanilla - Town
Cap - BP - Town
Tree - Tracker - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Matt (replacing in for Rawk)
2. Music/Marvel
3. Triangle
4. Bsh1
5. VoT
6. Rouke

With 6 players living, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 12:40pm, EST, on 9/4/16.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:02:51 PM
I now have mixed emotions about Rouk. He has been consistently scummy, but what he did last DP makes me question my scumread on him. I personally don't think that scum would have hammered, knowing that it would bring suspicion upon them.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:07:23 PM
However, his last post does slightly come across as an attempt to allay the coming suspicion that would undoubtedly arrive on him for if Cap ended up being town, which scum could have very easily done to make themselves feel better about hammering.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:13:21 PM
At least, that is how I see it.

I would like to note that Musicsic, despite being relatively inactive, is still alive and in the game. Why has she not been replaced? She must still be relatively active in some aspect, since she is still alive. From what little she has posted, it is mainly parroting scumreads and apologizing for inactivity. She may be dealing with personal issues, but I have to take that at face value, since 1) there is no way for her to show that, and 2) anyone could use that as an excuse for inactivity. She has managed to effectively fly under all of our radars for the whole game. This could very-well be a noob scum-tell, since this does happen a lot.

I think it merits pressuring.

VTL Music/Marvel
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:17:02 PM
I am going to pressure Music until either I can sort out my read on Rouk or something else that merits pressuring shows up.

I would personally like to hear an explanation from Rouk on why ""letting off people because they're noob-like" is a bad strategy, especially in a Beginners' game, where almost everyone is noob-like. They're here to learn the game, not to be killed for being a noob.
Suh dude

MarvelShiznit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:24:07 PM
At 9/1/2016 5:17:02 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I am going to pressure Music until either I can sort out my read on Rouk or something else that merits pressuring shows up.

I can understand your suspicion, but I think we should also pressure someone else, not excluding myself.
A whale without Ahab is just a whale. A whale with no problems. A stress-free whale. ~Julian Blackthorn

That was heartfelt! If you would have aid that to me when you'd got back I would've cried. ~Emma Carstairs

No man under the sky lives twice. ~Arthur Blackthorn

Life is sort, and wisdom is long to learn. ~Arthur Blackthorn
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:25:45 PM
At 9/1/2016 5:24:07 PM, MarvelShiznit wrote:
I can understand your suspicion, but I think we should also pressure someone else, not excluding myself.

Who do you think deserves the pressure?
Suh dude

MarvelShiznit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:26:33 PM
At 9/1/2016 5:25:45 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Triangle
A whale without Ahab is just a whale. A whale with no problems. A stress-free whale. ~Julian Blackthorn

That was heartfelt! If you would have aid that to me when you'd got back I would've cried. ~Emma Carstairs

No man under the sky lives twice. ~Arthur Blackthorn

Life is sort, and wisdom is long to learn. ~Arthur Blackthorn
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:27:13 PM
At 9/1/2016 5:26:33 PM, MarvelShiznit wrote:
At 9/1/2016 5:25:45 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Triangle

For what reasons?
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 5:31:30 PM
I have to go to calculus and a speech for my seminar class. I'm going to try to be active in between. I ought to be back on and active by 9pm eastern.
Suh dude

MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 7:52:33 PM
Looking over it again you guys were completely justified in lynching Capital.

For future reference this was the final vote count.

Official Vote Count
Capital (5/5) - Triangle, Music/Marvel, Tree, Bsh1, Rouke
Rouke (1/5) - VOT
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:07:30 PM
At 9/1/2016 5:17:02 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Why are you no longer using your music account?
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:18:43 PM
At this point calling for a role claim would be pointless. We cannot pressure for role claims at this point, and must instead try and coax out scum slips from people.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:26:03 PM
At 9/1/2016 8:18:43 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At this point calling for a role claim would be pointless. We cannot pressure for role claims at this point, and must instead try and coax out scum slips from people.

Agreed, mainly due to the fact that the roles are dead. All we can do here is behavioral and VC analysis.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:26:26 PM
And I am very confident that at least one sum was on the Cap wagon.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:28:01 PM
Music/Marvel has yet to answer my question regarding reasons to pressure Tri. I'm getting a little mroe suspicious of her.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:28:30 PM

Thoughts on pressuring Music/Marvel?
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:29:03 PM
Okay, I'll be back again soon. I have a speech to attend.
Suh dude

MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:37:38 PM
At 9/1/2016 8:28:30 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Thoughts on pressuring Music/Marvel?

For now yeah. From what I've seen she's been going with the flow the entire game and has hardly contributed something original.

I'm rather tentative about putting her at L-2, because there's every possibility that the two scum could hammer. I'll leave it like this for now, and pressure her with my questioning instead.
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 8:41:04 PM
Right now my scum list is as follows:

Most scummy
Music
Rou
Triangle
Bsh
VOT
Least scummy

As I review more of the game this may change.
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 9:55:50 PM
It's not looking like there's much more activity, I'll go off for tonight. Hopefully there's a bit more activity tomorrow.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 10:06:24 PM
I'm in a situation where many arrows are pointing at my guilt but I'm actually innocent. Capital was doing the worst thing he can do as bullletproof and that is troll and be scummy so that Scum wouldn't even be interesting in killing him. He was definitely playing against his win condition and so Saph should have mod-killed him early on.
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 10:07:25 PM
I'm going to join the pressure against Music and then probably go after Bsh1 as the former is inactive and the latter is out of his town meta.

VTL Music
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 11:10:30 PM
At 9/1/2016 10:07:25 PM, Roukezian wrote:
I'm going to join the pressure against Music and then probably go after Bsh1 as the former is inactive and the latter is out of his town meta.

Actually, Bsh has been pretty inactive as well, but he is still alive and hasn't been replaced either, just like music. I would say the similarities could be slightly more than coincidental, but I have nothing to back that statement up other than a hunch.

VTL Music

I would caution you when placing a vote in MYLO. by doing this, you are assuming that your target is scum. If they aren't, then the scum team (if your target is actually town) could do a quick one-two hammer if the target is at L-2. That is, if one of the team hasn't placed a vote yet.

I would only keep your vote on her if you are confident she is scum.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 11:12:38 PM
This is something every player needs to know:

If you need 4 votes to lynch someone, and someone already has a vote on them, be cautious about placing them at L-2. If the scum team has not yet voted for them, assuming the target is actually town, then they could do a quick hammer, unless one of their votes makes up the L-2 wagon.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2016 11:36:43 PM
Unvote

For good measure, we need to keep her at L-3
Suh dude

Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:12:30 AM
At 9/1/2016 11:12:38 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
This is something every player needs to know:

If you need 4 votes to lynch someone, and someone already has a vote on them, be cautious about placing them at L-2. If the scum team has not yet voted for them, assuming the target is actually town, then they could do a quick hammer, unless one of their votes makes up the L-2 wagon.

We're not at MYLO. If scum hammer in this method, they'll out themselves out and lose the game.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 12:21:05 AM
Rouk is seemingly scummy, I will analyze the last DP (due to my inactivity) and give an analysis on who may be the best candidate to lynch at the moment. None the less, my eye is on Rouk.