Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:50:53 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Mafia Wins!

Mafia

Triangle - You are a Goon. You have no special abilities. You win with the Mafia.

VOT - You are a Goon. You have no special abilities. You win with the Mafia.

Town

Bsh - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Tej - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Matt (originally Rawk) - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Music/Marvel - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Rouk - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Capital - You are a 1x Bulletproof. You will survive one lethal action during the game. You win with the Town.

Tree - You are a Tracker. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who they visited, but not what action(s) they took. You win with the Town.

Night Actions

Night Phase 1:
Triangle - NK Tej
Tree - Watch Rouke

Night Phase 2:
VOT - NK Tree
Tree - Watch VOT

Night Phase 3:
VOT - NK Bsh1

Breakingamber will be replacing music/marvel for the next game (He was supposed to this DP, but mafia hammered before I got the chance to announce it...)

I apologize for not replacing inactive players faster.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:51:39 PM
Well done, mafia, especially VoT.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:52:48 PM
Turns out you guys didn't need that time extension after all...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:52:59 PM
Probably my favorite beginners' game ever.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:53:36 PM
At 9/4/2016 3:52:48 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Turns out you guys didn't need that time extension after all...

Just barely pulled it off ;)
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:54:58 PM
At 9/4/2016 3:51:39 PM, tejretics wrote:
Well done, mafia, especially VoT.

Shanksh m8.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:57:10 PM
I have to give it to Triangle. He did exceptionally well for his first game. I can honestly say it was a learning experience for us both - Tri learning the ins-and-outs of the game, and me learning how to effectively guide him without making us seem either scummy or closely affiliated.
Suh dude

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:57:54 PM
Oh yeah, 48.2 will be up in a few days (and by a few days, I really mean whenever it's ready, because a few days is never promising from us)

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:58:04 PM
At 9/4/2016 3:54:03 PM, triangle.128k wrote:
Silly town never had it coming

lel they were onto me there a little but that last DP.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 3:59:36 PM
I was starting to slip a little on upholding my townyness. Matt and Bsh caught it, and frankly I am surprised it was eventually dismissed in the fashion that it was.
Suh dude

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:01:14 PM
I would've tunneled hard on me if I was you guys.
Suh dude

Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:12:16 PM
At 9/4/2016 3:50:53 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Mafia Wins!

Mafia

Triangle - You are a Goon. You have no special abilities. You win with the Mafia.

Town

Matt (originally Rawk) - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Music/Marvel - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

Capital - You are a 1x Bulletproof. You will survive one lethal action during the game. You win with the Town.

Tree - You are a Tracker. Each night you may select a player. You will learn who they visited, but not what action(s) they took. You win with the Town.

Night Actions

Night Phase 1:
Triangle - NK Tej
Tree - Watch Rouke

Night Phase 2:
VOT - NK Tree
Tree - Watch VOT

Night Phase 3:
VOT - NK Bsh1

Breakingamber will be replacing music/marvel for the next game (He was supposed to this DP, but mafia hammered before I got the chance to announce it...)

Why couldn't I win
Im not a Nazi
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:14:18 PM
At 9/4/2016 4:12:16 PM, Capital wrote:
Why couldn't I win

Because we killed you lol.
Suh dude

Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:15:30 PM
At 9/4/2016 4:14:18 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Why couldn't I win

Damn it

Oh well I learned how to play this game now. I will act secretly and passively next game.

When is next game btw?
Im not a Nazi
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:16:10 PM
Mafia Wins!

Mafia

Town

Night Actions

Night Phase 1:
Triangle - NK Tej
Tree - Watch Rouke

Night Phase 2:
VOT - NK Tree
Tree - Watch VOT

Night Phase 3:
VOT - NK Bsh1

Why couldn't I win

because you were lynched by town. If you really need me to explain more about how to play mafia, ask me in your PM...

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:17:54 PM
At 9/4/2016 4:15:30 PM, Capital wrote:
Why couldn't I win

Damn it

Oh well I learned how to play this game now. I will act secretly and passively next game.

There is no real need to be passive lol. Aggressiveness is good, just not in the fashion you were exhibiting it. That should change over time as you get more experience.

When is next game btw?

It usually takes a few days for x.2 to be posted.
Suh dude

Capital
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:26:34 PM
At 9/4/2016 4:16:10 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Mafia Wins!

Mafia

Town

Night Actions

Night Phase 1:
Triangle - NK Tej
Tree - Watch Rouke

Night Phase 2:
VOT - NK Tree
Tree - Watch VOT

Night Phase 3:
VOT - NK Bsh1

Why couldn't I win

because you were lynched by town. If you really need me to explain more about how to play mafia, ask me in your PM...

Oh sorry I'm retarded
Im not a Nazi
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:27:37 PM
At 9/4/2016 4:17:54 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/4/2016 4:15:30 PM, Capital wrote:
Why couldn't I win

Damn it

There is no real need to be passive lol. Aggressiveness is good, just not in the fashion you were exhibiting it. That should change over time as you get more experience.

When is next game btw?

It usually takes a few days for x.2 to be posted.

Don't be surprised if it takes a bit longer...

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:29:57 PM
At 9/4/2016 4:27:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Oh trust me I won't be lol
Suh dude

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 4:30:41 PM
At 9/4/2016 4:29:57 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/4/2016 4:27:37 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Oh trust me I won't be lol

good XD

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 6:48:12 PM
I think the debate about the VTNLing derailed the entire DP. If Rouk had decided not to challenge me (with poor arguments) on that issue, we could maybe have agree a lynch on Voice.

Nevertheless, what's done is done. GG mafia.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Roukezian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 7:48:06 PM
At 9/4/2016 6:48:12 PM, bsh1 wrote:
I think the debate about the VTNLing derailed the entire DP. If Rouk had decided not to challenge me (with poor arguments) on that issue, we could maybe have agree a lynch on Voice.

You yourself said there was a zero probability VOT could be lynched.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 7:50:32 PM
At 9/4/2016 7:48:06 PM, Roukezian wrote:
At 9/4/2016 6:48:12 PM, bsh1 wrote:

You yourself said there was a zero probability VOT could be lynched.

No, I said a zero probability of Triangle or Matt being lynched. I scumread Voice, as did Matt.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 7:51:05 PM
At 9/4/2016 7:48:33 PM, Roukezian wrote:
We would have lost either ways. Good game.

This is probably true.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 11:47:49 PM
So as you all can tell, this game used Row 3 of the Matrix 6 setup. Losing the tracker like that early on really hurt town and gave the mafia important setup clues. In light of that, Vaar and I are considering removing the announcement PM and instead notifying each player individually of game events. This isn't just because of any one player--it's happened before and it would undoubtedly happen again--and it's probably worth the cost of a little more effort on our parts if it can help make the game better.

Also yeah, we're probably going to be late with 48.2 again >.>
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch