Total Posts:120|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

---Wildlife Mafia: ENDGAME---

bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:07:55 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Aloha!

As always, I hope you enjoyed the game! Please wait until I've posted everything before commenting. Thanks!

SUMMARY

WINNER: Town
SECOND PLACE: Mafia
THIRD PLACE: TP

TOWN MVP: Disc
MAFIA MVP: Saph
OVERALL MVP: Disc

MAFIA

Shab - You are the SALTWATER CROCODILE. Arguably, you are the strongest and most famous of all the reptiles. Indeed, you are the largest. This makes you the GODFATHER. You appear innocent to cops. You win with the mafia.

Butter - You are the PUFF ADDER. Since snakes often slink their way into the homes of others, and since they are historically associated with themes of stealth and deceit, you are the INVADER. Sometime between NP1 and NP5--should you survive long enough--you will be recruited into the herd to spy. You win with the mafia.

XLAV/Saph - You are the CHAMELEON. Able to change color with ease, you are able to wear many coats (whichever happens to be best for your predatory desires). Therefore, you are the JOAT. You have the following 3-shot abilities: Ninja and Role Cop. As Ninja, you cannot be tracked or watched if you perform the NK. As Role Cop, you may target another player and learn their role. You win with the mafia.

THIRD PARTY

7th - You are the ZOMBIE FUNGUS. Not even an animal, the wierd and otherworldly way in which you infect and control the minds and bodies of others is like something out of science fiction. Therefore, you are the ALIEN and 2-shot MIND-CONTROLLER. As the Alien, each night you choose to infect another player with your spores. Once all living players have been infected, you win the game. As the 2-shot Mind-Controller, you may select the target for someone you have infected; if they have an active role, they will be redirected to the target you name rather than the target they select.

TOWN

Fire - You are the SNOW LEOPARD. Reclusive, yet beautiful, it is hard to find you hiding away in your mountain home due to your shyness and camouflage. Therefore, you are ASCETIC. You are unaffected by non-lethal actions. You win with the town.

Solon 1 - You are the MEERKAT. Because you dutifully guard your burrows against predators who may hurt the mob, you are the 3-shot GUARD. If you become part of the herd, you may target other herdmembers to see if they are invaders. You win with the town.

Rouk - You are the GREY WOLF. Your powerful sense of smell allows you to effectively hunt down prey from great distances. Therefore, you are the TRACKER. Each night, you may select another player, and learn who they visited that night. You win with the town.

Smithers - You are the GIANT PANDA. So cute, fuzzy, and huggable, you are beloved across the world. Everyone wants you, and that has made "Panda Diplomacy" a very real and serious thing. Therefore, you are POPULAR. It takes one extra vote to lynch you; this will not be displayed in the vote count. You win with the town.

Think - You are the HUMPBACK WHALE. Gregarious, you enjoy hanging out with other species and are incredibly friendly. You've mastered the arts of gladhanding and schmoozing. Therefore, you are the LOBBYIST. You votes in the DP count for two. You win with the town.

Matt (Lannan) - You are the HIPPOPOTAMUS. Most people freak out about lions, or crocs, or snakes when really they should be terrified of you. You are Africa's deadliest animal--extremely territorial and aggressive, you kill upwards of 3,000 people a year. Therefore, you are the nonconsecutive VIGILANTE. On nonconsecutive nights, you may choose someone to kill. You win with the town.

Breaking - You are an OSPREY. Because birds of prey such as yourself are renowned for the excellent sense of sight, you can survey your surroundings to clearly identify the animals around you, esp. your prey. Therefore, you are the 4-shot COP. On four nights, you may target another player. You will learn whether they win with the town (innocent) or do not (guilty). You win with the town.

Solon 2 (Miss) - You are the ECHIDNA. So adorable, yet so wierd, you are like a half-mammal, half-lizard thingamabob. Because no one can easily tell what you are, you are the MILLER. You will appear as scum to cops, yet, you win with the town.

Voice - You are the TAYRA. You, like many other small mammals, like to hide your food for latter collection. Interestingly, you bury inedible green plantains, leave them to ripen in your cache, and then collect them later when they are just right to eat. This makes you the STOCKPILER. Each night you may bury a Vanilla Role and leave it to ripen over the DP. When you dig it up, it will have transformed into something useful. You may not bury and dig in the same NP; however, you must use any role you dig up the NP you dig it up, or it will spoil. If a role is left unburied for more than 2 NPs (e.g. buried NP1, dug up NP4), it will also spoil. The Vanilla role you bury has a 5% chance of becoming a Watcher, a 30% chance of becoming a Doctor, a 30% chance of becoming a Bulletproof, and a 35% chance of becoming a Randomizer. You win with the town.

Vaar - You are the BLACK BEAR. Bears are always protective of their young...part of the reason why the notion of the "mother bear" has become synonymous with ferocity in the defense of offspring. Therefore, you are the PROTECTOR. Each night you may target another player. Your protectee may not be targeted by lethal actions or by non-lethal actions, effectively making them a commuter that night. You win with the town.

Disc - You are the AFRICAN ELEPHANT. You are a highly social animal, with a well developed limbic system that gives you an enormous capacity for empathy. You care deeply about your herdmates, and you also are able to sympathize with wayward loners, sometimes welcoming them into your herd. This capacity to reach out and to feel for others makes you the HERD-BUILDER. You are a passive mason. Every night someone will automatically be recruited into the herd; the size of the herd is limited to 5 players or less at any one time (including you). All herdmembers will share a PM together. You win with the town.

NIGHT ACTIONS

NP1

Disc - Hrbld. Voice
Rouk - Trk. Vaar
Breaking - Cop Vaar
Vaar - Prtct. Miss
Voice - Bury
7th - Infect Vaar
XLAV/Saph - Rlcp. Lannan
Shab - NK Solon

NP2

Disc - Hrbld. Vaar
Rouk - Trk. Shab
Breaking - Cop XLAV/Saph
Vaar - Prtc. Shab
Voice - Dig (Use: BP)
Lannan - Vig Rouk
XLAV/Saph - Rlcp. Voice
Butter - NK Smithers

NP3

Disc - Hrbld. Lannan
Breaking - Cop Butter
Vaar - Prtc. Lannan
Voice - Bury
XLAV/Saph - Rlcp. Disc
Butter - NK Disc

NP4

Disc - Hrbld. Butter
Vaar - Prtc. Disc
Voice - Rndm. Butter
Matt - Vig Butter
XLAV/Saph - Vaar
Butter - NK Matt

NP5

Disc - Hrbld. Solon
Breaking - Cop Voice
Vaar - Prtc. Vaar
Voice - Bury
XLAV/Saph - Ninja Vaar, Ninja Breaking

DAY PHASE ARCHIVE

Sign-Ups: http://www.debate.org...
DP1: http://www.debate.org...
DP2: http://www.debate.org...
DP3: http://www.debate.org...
DP4: http://www.debate.org...
DP5: http://www.debate.org...
DP6: http://www.debate.org...

(cont'd below)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:08:48 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
(cont'd from above)

MOD COMMENTS

First, I want to thank all the players, and my co-mod Kiri. I really appreciate their help and participation.

The theme of this game was animals (non-reptile) vs. reptiles vs. non-animals, following a town vs. mafia vs. TP pattern. Since I feel that the game went very poorly for mafia towards the end, I feel that it is incumbent upon me to explain the balancing of the game.

The herd was never meant to be town-confirmation. I always had hoped that the presence of Solon 1's role (Guard) would generate a level of paranoia within the herd PM that would prevent townie herdmembers from effectively coordinating their actions with each other for fear that they would give their strategy away to mafia. Only Solon catching Butter, or Butter's flip, could have reasonably allayed fears in the herd that an invader was present amongst them.

Unfortunately, and inexplicably to me, most of the people in the herd took their membership in the herd as town confirmation of each other, at least until the night Butters was added. So, the paranoia that I thought I would create never really materialized. It just so happened that everyone in the herd was town for most of the game, and so it never came back to bite those townies. This became problematic for mafia because town was also able to effectively coordinate their plans and actions at night as well. When Disc asked whether inclusion in the herd confirmed someone as town, I very carefully avoided saying "only" townies could be passively recruited, and I used the word "passive" because I did not, per se, consider "invasion" to be truly passive. However, had the herd mechanism worked as I had intended, I don't think that town would've received the advantage that they did.

In terms of roles, I thought that the godfather and miller balanced out the cop, that the ninja balanced out the tracker and remote chance of a watcher, and that the role cop gave mafia a good chance at IDing town's power roles. As for town, the guard was very shot-limited, and there was a risk that Disc would not have trusted his roleclaim. The lobbyist and the vig I did not see as pro-town roles, because a vig is statistically more apt to NK a townie than a mafioso, and the same is true of the lobbyist and hammering. Those roles could just have easily have destroyed town as helped town. The popular townie was meant as a check on the possible anti-town impact of the lobbyist, and the plethora of protective roles was meant to check the vig and mafia NK. Vaar's role I thought was interesting, because it could also have backfired on town, preventing a cop or a tracker from targeting Vaar's target. Vaar's role and Fire's role also counterbalanced for the TP. The TP was also meant to act as a kind of redirector, and force players to question who they really targeted at night.

Mafia also was handed some prime mislynch targets, I thought, in the form of a miller and in the form of the Osprey (Breaking). As the only non-mammal on the town side, mafia could have used theme analysis to try to push a lynch on the cop. I thought this thematic twist might weaken the cop's position and expose them to potential mislynch. Also, in order to compensate for my mistaken lynch of Butters, mafia received two NK opportunities on the final NP. This, I think, led to one decision by mafia which I did not understand. Butter's flip would essentially confirm every herdmember as town (now the invader was dead). Butters, simply by reading the herd PM, should have known that the herd could have up to 5 people in it at any one time--this meant someone was going to get recruited into the herd on the final NP. Because mafia killed one of the only two non-herd players besides mafia, mafia set up a situation where they were the only ones outside of the herd, thus confirming them as scum. Mafia should not have gone after Breaking. They should have tried to kill 2 herdmembers instead.

In hindsight, however, I think mafia was slightly underpowered. They could have benefited from a framer, janitor, or strongman far more, I think, than the godfather or maybe as an extra JOAT ability. Even though I think this game was town-skewed, I think it was only slightly town-skewed. The difficulty mafia faced in the latter game was not do so much to the set-up as it was to very lucky/good choices of night actions by Breaking and Vaar and a WTF lynch on Shab, which I am still flummoxed by. That being said, once Breaking exposed two mafia and Vaar stopped two NKs, mafia was hard-pressed to pull out the win. I do not think there should have been 4 mafia. The rule I use is that--if everything went wrong for town--that town should be able to have at least three-four mislynches (DP1 11-3-1, DP2 8-3-1, DP3 6-3-1, DP4 3-3-1). As you can see, that rule held true in this game.

As for the MVPs, I think Disc stood out namely because of his leadership in the herd and his good reads throughout the game. He, and also Voice, helped keep the herd focused and on-track. For mafia, it was much closer between Shab and Saph...in the end, I gave it to Saph because she lived where Shab died. Saph did a better job overall in exuding townie vibes (IMO) and was also a key organizer in the mafia PM.

Anyway, I hope it was a good, well-done, decently balanced game, and I am interested in your feedback. I went out on a limb to try to do some different things with my roles, and so I would be interested in knowing what I could have done to improve them. Thank you! Also, as an curious historical note, this is the first regular game I've modded where town have won...

=========

You can now post. Again, thanks for playing, and I really hope you had a good, fun time.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,603
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:13:16 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Excellent game guys!

I learned a lot from it. Sorry for my D3 actions.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,603
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:17:21 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
@bsh1,

Excellent theme and I really enjoyed the set up. Having a popular, lobbyist, 4x cop and a mason group all as town really hurt the mafia team.

I will also say that I'm glad we lynched the TP in D2. That could have caused us a lot of damage.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:26:33 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:08:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Unfortunately, and inexplicably to me, most of the people in the herd took their membership in the herd as town confirmation of each other, at least until the night Butters was added.

I can explain this one, bsh. Although I can't speak for VoT or Vaarka, I never for a moment after solons flip took herd membership as a town confirmation. I stated on multiple occasions both in the DP and in the PM that herd confirmation =/= town confirmation. However, Matt VoT and Vaarka were able to prove to me their town affiliation beyond any doubt in ways that had little or nothing to do with their herd membership. Lannan/Matt was a confirmed vig, a town only role (confirmed by first proving there was a vig when shooting Rouk, then not being CC'd) . Vaarka was a confirmed protector, a town-only role (confirmed by first proving there was a protector in preventing a night kill, then my POE led me to conclude he was not fake claiming when he told me he was it). Vot was confirmed based on behavior the moment he outted the herd without permission, something the mafia would never have the slightest reason to do (as a side note my 'suspiscion' of VoT was completely faked to draw out who between XLAph, solon2, and breaking was the third scum. I never planned on lynching anyone but butter that day, why else would I ask matt to shoot him the previus night? Unfortunately butter was in the PM so I couldn't tell VoT that was my plan, so I think he actually believed it. Thanks for falling for it scumbags)
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:29:34 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:26:33 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:08:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Unfortunately, and inexplicably to me, most of the people in the herd took their membership in the herd as town confirmation of each other, at least until the night Butters was added.

I can explain this one, bsh. Although I can't speak for VoT or Vaarka, I never for a moment after solons flip took herd membership as a town confirmation.

That is why I said "most of the people." You were literally the ONLY one up until that final NP who gave any inkling that the herd was not exclusive to townies.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:31:46 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Oh, I should also note, that in an effort to keep the factions balanced, it was decided by the mods that the mafia NK would be processed before the Vig, so that if the Vig ever targeted mafia, the mafia would have a chance to kill him before he could shoot. This was unusual, but we thought it was merited in this set-up.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:35:27 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:31:46 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Wait, you were flummoxed by the shab lynch? I had shab as scup DP 2 lol, just couldn't get enough support to push it.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:41:04 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:35:27 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:31:46 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Wait, you were flummoxed by the shab lynch? I had shab as scup DP 2 lol, just couldn't get enough support to push it.

What confused me was not the reads or the FOS of him, but the specific catalyst for the lynch. Shab's redirector comment was wholly innocent, and--IMO--not indicative of alignment.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:46:25 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:26:33 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:08:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Unfortunately, and inexplicably to me, most of the people in the herd took their membership in the herd as town confirmation of each other, at least until the night Butters was added.

I can explain this one, bsh. Although I can't speak for VoT or Vaarka, I never for a moment after solons flip took herd membership as a town confirmation. I stated on multiple occasions both in the DP and in the PM that herd confirmation =/= town confirmation. However, Matt VoT and Vaarka were able to prove to me their town affiliation beyond any doubt in ways that had little or nothing to do with their herd membership. Lannan/Matt was a confirmed vig, a town only role (confirmed by first proving there was a vig when shooting Rouk, then not being CC'd) . Vaarka was a confirmed protector, a town-only role (confirmed by first proving there was a protector in preventing a night kill, then my POE led me to conclude he was not fake claiming when he told me he was it). Vot was confirmed based on behavior the moment he outted the herd without permission, something the mafia would never have the slightest reason to do (as a side note my 'suspiscion' of VoT was completely faked to draw out who between XLAph, solon2, and breaking was the third scum. I never planned on lynching anyone but butter that day, why else would I ask matt to shoot him the previus night? Unfortunately butter was in the PM so I couldn't tell VoT that was my plan, so I think he actually believed it. Thanks for falling for it scumbags)

You sneaky little basterd, you. I should have seen your push on me was an attempt to see how others reacted, but I got too concerned with myself to see what was going on around me, lol.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:48:10 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:41:04 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:35:27 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:31:46 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Wait, you were flummoxed by the shab lynch? I had shab as scup DP 2 lol, just couldn't get enough support to push it.

What confused me was not the reads or the FOS of him, but the specific catalyst for the lynch. Shab's redirector comment was wholly innocent, and--IMO--not indicative of alignment.

Oh yeah I agree on that. That had nothing to do with my scumread on him, I would have called him out on that strawman as soon as I saw it if the DP hadn't already ended by that time.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:49:30 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:46:25 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
You sneaky little basterd, you.

This is true.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:50:41 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
I am a sneaky little noob basterd. This is, what, my... second game? My third? I am such a noob I don't even know how noobish I am.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Smithereens
Posts: 5,512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:56:28 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
I saw a Shab scum the moment he started posting lol. XLAV I only got onto when I saw the awkward hammer but then it was too late. Butter I wouldn't have picked up on until the cop nabbed him. 7th was obvs scum too. GG.

@Bsh1, I think you did a very good job modding this game. The herd mechanic was interesting, and I think it was entirely circumstantial that it played out so well for town. How did you end up resolving the accidental hammer?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:57:01 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:50:41 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
I am a sneaky little noob basterd. This is, what, my... second game? My third? I am such a noob I don't even know how noobish I am.

Lol you are a better noob than I ever was. GG m8.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:58:01 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:57:01 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:50:41 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
I am a sneaky little noob basterd. This is, what, my... second game? My third? I am such a noob I don't even know how noobish I am.

Lol you are a better noob than I ever was. GG m8.

I think this was my first game actually, but I cqn't remember for sure.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:58:18 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Good sh1t to Breaking. Got 2 of the scum consecutively.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:58:55 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:58:01 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:57:01 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:50:41 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
I am a sneaky little noob basterd. This is, what, my... second game? My third? I am such a noob I don't even know how noobish I am.

Lol you are a better noob than I ever was. GG m8.

I think this was my first game actually, but I cqn't remember for sure.

I remember you playing in at least one beginners' series with me and Molon.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 7:00:29 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:58:55 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I remember you playing in at least one beginners' series with me and Molon.

You dare doubt my noobishness?!?!
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 6,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 7:03:20 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 7:00:29 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:58:55 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I remember you playing in at least one beginners' series with me and Molon.

You dare doubt my noobishness?!?!

Lolno you're still a noob
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 7:04:52 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 7:03:20 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/27/2016 7:00:29 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:58:55 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I remember you playing in at least one beginners' series with me and Molon.

You dare doubt my noobishness?!?!

Lolno you're still a noob

Good. So it is, so it has always been, and so it shall remain for eternity.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 9:00:57 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:56:28 AM, Smithereens wrote:
How did you end up resolving the accidental hammer?

Mafia was given two NKs on the last DP, one of them was prevented by the protector.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
XLAV
Posts: 13,715
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 10:56:01 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
What really surprises me is that Bossy was lynched before us, lol.

Town still did good. I still think the herd should function manually, make butter be able to join the herd if recruited and let the herd master die if it recruited scum. And no anti invader role to counter butter. I still want town to rely on behavior other than roles.

I mean, I survived till last DP ffs.
breakingamber
Posts: 1,422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 11:35:44 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:58:18 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Good sh1t to Breaking. Got 2 of the scum consecutively.

Yeah I'm just flipping awesome that way.
MAY THE WRATH OF THE MODS BE UPON YOU!
- Master Elodin

"When will [Obliteration] learn that Funtimes' plan of saving/destroying the world with pancakes is the only way? "
"She wouldn't even have to make real pancakes! Just the batter, and Obliteration could cook it with his powers! OBLITERATION, YOU'RE WASTING YOUR TALENTS"
- Voidus and TwiLyghtSansSparkles

"An Epic stage magician and a zombie dinosaur? She sure as Braize won"t pull the line there!"
- Edgedancer
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Posts: 1,041
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 12:14:02 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Well this game was very interesting.

First off pretty much every NP1 action was directed at Vaarka which made me laugh.

The mafia lead the game until DP3. Town just kept making mistakes over and over again which lead to mis lynches. DP3 is when town really started getting their stuff together and started suspecting the maf.

I'm quite proud of the town for pulling through and winning this game.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Posts: 7,602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 12:15:02 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Wow, I actually won a game modded by bsh that wasn't a beginner game, and I was town.

I'm not sure why I took so long to come to this conclusion, but I think I pretty much pinned down Sapph as scum after Shab came out as GF, and this was after claiming VOTs role. I mean, how else would he know the role? VOT could give it to him, or Sapph could be scum and role copped him. Breaking's cop claim, and me knowing he wasn't flavored, plus the godfather/miller/cop look made his claim more believable as town, and I found the idea of VOT trying the "share role claims" idea to be stupid.

GG
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,602
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 12:27:00 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:29:34 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:26:33 AM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 6:08:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Unfortunately, and inexplicably to me, most of the people in the herd took their membership in the herd as town confirmation of each other, at least until the night Butters was added.

I can explain this one, bsh. Although I can't speak for VoT or Vaarka, I never for a moment after solons flip took herd membership as a town confirmation.

That is why I said "most of the people." You were literally the ONLY one up until that final NP who gave any inkling that the herd was not exclusive to townies.

Lol, in my case, I never really looked at the link you sent. To me, it just looked like "Here's a PM of townies for you to work with", and I completely believed it until Matt was dead and Butter showed up.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya