Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Schindler's List Mafia [Signups]

Smithereens
Posts: 5,829
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 2:01:11 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Welcome To Schindler's list mafia.
This game is still 2 games away, but I'm almost certain one or both of the mods we are waiting for are going to move themselves to the Hold list, so this sign ups will be going up now just in case. This game will not begin until either the two mods ahead of me have finished their games or have moved to the hold list. Join this game for a mechanic that has never been played on DDO before..!

How this mechanic works (Credit to BBmolla for the design):
> Each night, instead of picking a target, the mafia will instead devise a list of all the living players in the game. The player at the top of the list will be executed.
> Each player has a 1x ability to have their name removed from the list for 1 night only.
> If the player at the top of the list uses their ability on the night that their name appears at the top, the player next on the list will be killed.
> All standard mafia rules apply otherwise.

Story:
Schindler's list is a story about a German during the Holocaust who saved thousands of Jews by putting them to work in his factories. I will be including short flavour story for your leisure which does not strictly follow the actual account, and has no relevance to the game itself.

Signups:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 2:07:48 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
/in
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 2:16:20 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 2:09:43 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Oh if anyone is sensitive about WW2 or the holocaust, this is not the game for you.

just a heads up.

Are noobs allowed to play?
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
Smithereens
Posts: 5,829
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 2:17:08 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 2:16:20 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 2:09:43 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Oh if anyone is sensitive about WW2 or the holocaust, this is not the game for you.

just a heads up.

Are noobs allowed to play?

yeah sure.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 2:18:04 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 2:17:08 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 9/27/2016 2:16:20 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/27/2016 2:09:43 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Oh if anyone is sensitive about WW2 or the holocaust, this is not the game for you.

just a heads up.

Are noobs allowed to play?

yeah sure.

Okay then /in
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
XLAV
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 5:07:44 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 2:09:43 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Oh if anyone is sensitive about WW2 or the holocaust, this is not the game for you.

just a heads up.

I'm very sensitive about people dying in a war.
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife
bsh1
Posts: 27,586
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 5:12:42 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Well, this is a depressing theme...
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
fire_wings
Posts: 5,651
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 6:54:39 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
/in even if I am a noob
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 7:30:13 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 6:54:39 PM, fire_wings wrote:
/in even if I am a noob

So you think you can steal my title of 'mafia noob' do you? Oh, we will see about that.
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 7,511
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 7:50:31 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 2:01:11 PM, Smithereens wrote:

/in
2016 was the greatest year in living memory, perhaps surpassed only by 1933. -thett

Remember: diversity = strength -thett

You're more of a fluentic fail doer who sometimes does a doo dah with a diggity ding... -Vaarka

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity.
Smithereens
Posts: 5,829
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 11:35:58 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 5:12:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Well, this is a depressing theme...

There won't be any mass killings or gassing, so long as the town doesn't find a way to commit mass suicide in game. Which they probably won't. ;)

Have you ever played a WWII theme mafia before?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 13,835
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 11:45:34 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 11:35:58 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 9/27/2016 5:12:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Well, this is a depressing theme...

There won't be any mass killings or gassing, so long as the town doesn't find a way to commit mass suicide in game. Which they probably won't. ;)

Have you ever played a WWII theme mafia before?

Well I mostly play mafia here and there was never a WWII theme before.
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife
Smithereens
Posts: 5,829
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 11:48:04 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 11:45:34 PM, XLAV wrote:
At 9/27/2016 11:35:58 PM, Smithereens wrote:
At 9/27/2016 5:12:42 PM, bsh1 wrote:
Well, this is a depressing theme...

There won't be any mass killings or gassing, so long as the town doesn't find a way to commit mass suicide in game. Which they probably won't. ;)

Have you ever played a WWII theme mafia before?

Well I mostly play mafia here and there was never a WWII theme before.

aye, I'll be gentle for your first time then.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Perussi
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 12:29:31 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 2:01:11 PM, Smithereens wrote:
Welcome To Schindler's list mafia.
This game is still 2 games away, but I'm almost certain one or both of the mods we are waiting for are going to move themselves to the Hold list, so this sign ups will be going up now just in case. This game will not begin until either the two mods ahead of me have finished their games or have moved to the hold list. Join this game for a mechanic that has never been played on DDO before..!

How this mechanic works (Credit to BBmolla for the design):
> Each night, instead of picking a target, the mafia will instead devise a list of all the living players in the game. The player at the top of the list will be executed.
> Each player has a 1x ability to have their name removed from the list for 1 night only.
> If the player at the top of the list uses their ability on the night that their name appears at the top, the player next on the list will be killed.
> All standard mafia rules apply otherwise.

Story:
Schindler's list is a story about a German during the Holocaust who saved thousands of Jews by putting them to work in his factories. I will be including short flavour story for your leisure which does not strictly follow the actual account, and has no relevance to the game itself.

Signups:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.

/in
jesus loves you
Sapphique
Posts: 4,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 3:15:56 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/27/2016 2:01:11 PM, Smithereens wrote:
I don't think I'll have time to play but I'd love to spectate.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Smithereens
Posts: 5,829
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 3:18:38 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/28/2016 3:15:56 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 9/27/2016 2:01:11 PM, Smithereens wrote:
I don't think I'll have time to play but I'd love to spectate.

this game is hopefully still a way off, so I hope you find yourself more free in the future. I'd be honoured to have you play :)
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Sapphique
Posts: 4,134
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 3:24:18 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/28/2016 3:18:38 AM, Smithereens wrote:
At 9/28/2016 3:15:56 AM, Sapphique wrote:
At 9/27/2016 2:01:11 PM, Smithereens wrote:
I don't think I'll have time to play but I'd love to spectate.

this game is hopefully still a way off, so I hope you find yourself more free in the future. I'd be honoured to have you play :)
This setup looks super interesting so I'd like to, but I'll have to see how college apps work out before I can commit to anything ^.^
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
missbailey8
Posts: 2,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 3:42:25 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
/in as a replacement
~missbailey8~

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"No one hates missbailey8 - she doesn't have enough of a persona to be hated." - Airmax1227

The Clown Queen of DDO
ValosaBirdy
Posts: 1,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 12:44:55 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/28/2016 4:24:14 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Signups:
1. ThinkBig
2. Didicit
3. XLAV
4. Fire
5. VoT
6. Perussi
7.Valosa
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.

Replacements:
1. MB8
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:57:35 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/28/2016 2:24:14 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Ohmygod. I forgot to mention that the lists the mafias create each night are posted the next day publicly.

Oh yeah, that would be considered important info.

So the mafia has to put themselves on the list then?
Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
Smithereens
Posts: 5,829
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 2:05:58 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 9/28/2016 1:57:35 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 9/28/2016 2:24:14 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Ohmygod. I forgot to mention that the lists the mafias create each night are posted the next day publicly.

Oh yeah, that would be considered important info.

So the mafia has to put themselves on the list then?

Yep.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...