Dr. Seuss vs Roald Dahl MAFIA - DAY PHASE 2

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 9:15:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
NOTE:
I let the night phase go until the Large Mafia game was in Night Phase. I think having them alternate will make people participate more.
Those of you who didn't submit your night action despite having nearly three days, get with the program.

STORY:
Last night was a flurry of activity, but mysteriously no-one was killed, so hijinks from both sides are apparent. As the result of eating Wonka-Brand Super Strechy Neck candy, Lwerd will be lynch proof during this Day Phase. Votes for her will count as No Lynch votes.

PLAYERS:
01. wjmelements
02. Chrysippus
03. Charr
04. theLwerd
05. bluesteel
06. ccstate4peat
07. Alex
08. lovelife
09. belle
10. OreEle
11. badger
12. mongeese
13. mongoose
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 9:25:23 PM
Judging by the announcement it would be safe to assume L is mafia imo.
However idk what to do since a vote for her is a no lynch vote...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 9:37:56 PM
UPDATE DUE TO MOD BRAIN DAMAGE:
PLAYERS:
Living-
01. wjmelements
02. Chrysippus
03. Charr
04. theLwerd
05. bluesteel
06. ccstate4peat
07. Alex
08. lovelife
10. OreEle
11. badger
12. mongeese
13. mongoose

Dead-
09. belle (Lynched DP1)

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:13:26 PM
GAH, I'm failing so bad.

belle: You are THE CAT IN THE HAT, the TROUBLE-MAKER. You just want to have fun; unfortunately your idea of fun usually involves destroying the entire house. Each night you may target someone and unleash unpredictable disaster upon them.

Muh threads
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:16:37 PM
I'm kind of confused. OreEle, did you give your power to me?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:26:58 PM
i'm pissed. i wanted to find out what "unpredictable disaster" meant. lol
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:51:55 PM
If I recall, Lwerd said she could prove herself. I request that she does so now. I'm assuming that the lynchproofness is from Wonka's role.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:56:01 PM
At 1/13/2011 10:26:58 PM, belle wrote:

You were mafia -smh- I thought it would be nice to play a game with you since I don't recall ever doing so. HOW COULD YOU?!
I'm kinda glad that "unpredictable disaster" is gone cause that just sounds bad.

Pretty sure the most dangerous role is gone now. I can't think of what's worse than "unpredictable disaster"
Especially since the mafia didn't kill anyone. Which means they targeted a bulletproof, or a protected.
Which means that if they had a second killing role they would have gotten in a kill.
Unless they targeted one bulletproof, and one protected.
I find it unlikely tho.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 10:57:22 PM
At 1/13/2011 10:51:55 PM, mongoose wrote:
If I recall, Lwerd said she could prove herself. I request that she does so now.

Me too.

I'm assuming that the lynchproofness is from Wonka's role.

Oh gawd I'm such a fvcking idiot. I thought it was a mafia thing, but really its town protecting (hopefully) town
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:01:09 PM
At 1/13/2011 10:56:01 PM, lovelife wrote:

You were mafia -smh- I thought it would be nice to play a game with you since I don't recall ever doing so. HOW COULD YOU?!
I'm kinda glad that "unpredictable disaster" is gone cause that just sounds bad.

Pretty sure the most dangerous role is gone now. I can't think of what's worse than "unpredictable disaster"
Especially since the mafia didn't kill anyone. Which means they targeted a bulletproof, or a protected.
Which means that if they had a second killing role they would have gotten in a kill.
I find it unlikely tho.

It's not inconceivable from TV's annoyance that they didn't get their night actions in on time.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:17:24 PM
1. badger – Luke Eveshim (The Witches) - Main character of film
2. belle – the Cat in the Hat (The Cat in the Hat) - Dr. Seuss, dead
3. mongoose – Fantastic Mr. Fox (Fantastic Mr. Fox) - Main character of film
4. wjm – George Henry Kranky (George's Marvelous Medicine)- Main character of nonfilm
5. bluesteel – Willy Wonka (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)- Really important character of film, confirmed to some degree
6. ccstate – James Henry Trotter (James and the Giant Peach)- Main character of film
7. mongeese – Muggle-Wump (The Enormous Crocodile, The Twits, The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me)- Secondary character of numerous nonfilms
8. OreEle – Big Friendly Giant (The Big Friendly Giant) - Main character of film
9. lovelife – Miss Trunchbull (Matilda) - Secondary, evil character of film
10. Chrysippus – Charlie Bucket (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) - Main character of film
11. Charr – Danny, Champion of the World (Danny, Champion of the World) - Main character of film
12. theLwerd – Girl with the Magic Finger (The Magic Finger) - Main character of nonfilm
13. Alex – Matilda (Matilda) - Main character of film

Main characters of films are confirmed in my book, besides Charlie, who could arguably not be the main character in a book of his name. He admits to no powers, which is in itself suspicious. Additionally, Chrysippus volunteered for risking his life, but if he was mafia, then he would know that there was no risk.

Lovelife claimed an evil character. This is suspicious.

Both theLwerd and wjm are from less famous books. This puts them slightly higher in suspicion. I await theLwerd's proof and don't know what to do about wjm.

Mongeese's claim is unique, which is a bad thing. He could easily be lying with such an unformatted role.

VTL Chrysippus
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:19:23 PM
At 1/13/2011 11:01:09 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I find it unlikely tho.

It's not inconceivable from TV's annoyance that they didn't get their night actions in on time.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:26:54 PM
At 1/13/2011 11:17:24 PM, mongoose wrote:
4. wjm – George Henry Kranky (George's Marvelous Medicine)- Main character of nonfilm
5. bluesteel – Willy Wonka (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)- Really important character of film, confirmed to some degree
6. ccstate – James Henry Trotter (James and the Giant Peach)- Main character of film
7. mongeese – Muggle-Wump (The Enormous Crocodile, The Twits, The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me)- Secondary character of numerous nonfilms
8. OreEle – Big Friendly Giant (The Big Friendly Giant) - Main character of film
10. Chrysippus – Charlie Bucket (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) - Main character of film
11. Charr – Danny, Champion of the World (Danny, Champion of the World) - Main character of film
12. theLwerd – Girl with the Magic Finger (The Magic Finger) - Main character of nonfilm

Main characters of films are confirmed in my book, besides Charlie, who could arguably not be the main character in a book of his name.

You are joking, right? You've never read Charlie and the Chocolate factory, the book that movie was based on?

He admits to no powers, which is in itself suspicious. Additionally, Chrysippus volunteered for risking his life, but if he was mafia, then he would know that there was no risk.

I led the lynch on and hammered a mafia. Tell me how this makes me suspicious.

VTL Chrysippus

Nice try.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:29:52 PM
At 1/13/2011 11:26:54 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

Main characters of films are confirmed in my book, besides Charlie, who could arguably not be the main character in a book of his name.

You are joking, right? You've never read Charlie and the Chocolate factory, the book that movie was based on?

I think it's the only Dahl book I have read. He's just very... vanilla.

He admits to no powers, which is in itself suspicious. Additionally, Chrysippus volunteered for risking his life, but if he was mafia, then he would know that there was no risk.

That's the part I forgot. UNVOTE

VTL Chrysippus

Nice try.

I forgot. Onwards.

VTL LOVELIFE

Her role is worthless even if she is telling the truth.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:33:57 PM
At 1/13/2011 11:01:09 PM, bluesteel wrote:

I find it unlikely tho.

Yea that is true. I would assume that the mafia would tho. But tbh I forgot about that. I'm a a bit disoriented somehow.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:37:13 PM
At 1/13/2011 11:29:52 PM, mongoose wrote:

VTL LOVELIFE

What was her role again?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:42:45 PM
At 1/13/2011 11:26:54 PM, Chrysippus wrote:

I think it's the only Dahl book I have read. He's just very... vanilla.

That's the part I forgot. UNVOTE

VTL Chrysippus

Nice try.

I forgot. Onwards.

VTL LOVELIFE

Haha nice try. I would aim for real mafia rather than perceived mafia. Did anyone take my advise and investigate me?
I'd rather not risk it by killing townies. Hence I would have preferred a no lynch and vig kill belle last night just so even if she was telling the truth it wouldn't kill townies.

Having a confirmed townie=/=useless. It means there is someone that the townies can trust, and someone that should be protected.
I already claimed so idk wtf else you want from me.

I wont say anything else because I don't want to seem like a threat to the mafia, and tbh I'm not sur if I will be. But I should be able to confirm myself DP4
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2011 11:43:34 PM
At 1/13/2011 11:37:13 PM, bluesteel wrote:

VTL LOVELIFE

What was her role again?

I'm a hated townie.
Flavored. And don't act surprised the mod said everyone is flavored.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:01:17 AM
At 1/13/2011 11:43:34 PM, lovelife wrote:

VTL LOVELIFE

What was her role again?

I'm a hated townie.

I guess that's not that hard to claim, is it? Unless somebody comes forwards with information that you are proven innocent, I believe it would be best to lynch you.

And I suppose the mafia already knows, so I'll go ahead and tell everybody. I am Bulletproof.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:05:49 AM
At 1/14/2011 12:01:17 AM, mongoose wrote:

VTL LOVELIFE

What was her role again?

I'm a hated townie.

I guess that's not that hard to claim, is it? Unless somebody comes forwards with information that you are proven innocent, I believe it would be best to lynch you.

And I suppose the mafia already knows, so I'll go ahead and tell everybody. I am Bulletproof.

Why would you assume they already know? What if they tried to kill the doctor, who self-protected?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:06:05 AM

VTL LOVELIFE

What was her role again?

I'm a hated townie.

Well I asked to be investigated, and if I had not been already I request to be investigated again tonight.
With a cop on me I can confirm myself, today if they listened to me last DP, tomorrow if they listen to me now.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:06:43 AM
At 1/14/2011 12:05:49 AM, bluesteel wrote:

VTL LOVELIFE

What was her role again?

I'm a hated townie.

Why would you assume they already know? What if they tried to kill the doctor, who self-protected?

or didn't submit a kill?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:10:58 AM
At 1/14/2011 12:06:43 AM, lovelife wrote:

VTL LOVELIFE

What was her role again?

I'm a hated townie.

or didn't submit a kill?

I was told that I escaped an attempt on my life.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:41:47 AM
At 1/14/2011 12:10:58 AM, mongoose wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:06:43 AM, lovelife wrote:

VTL LOVELIFE

What was her role again?

I'm a hated townie.

or didn't submit a kill?

I was told that I escaped an attempt on my life.

Oh. I didn't know that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:42:14 AM
Forgive me for not being mafia/vig/whatever else wanted to kill you :p
Charr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:19:58 AM
Yo guys. Just a heads up- I'm currently running, like, three mafia games at once, and with the addition of exams and night classes, I might just be biting off more than I can chew. If I'm inactive for a while, try to get me replaced, alright?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:24:45 AM
At 1/13/2011 10:51:55 PM, mongoose wrote:
If I recall, Lwerd said she could prove herself. I request that she does so now. I'm assuming that the lynchproofness is from Wonka's role.

Not only do you recall INCORRECTLY (I never said that, but you are more than welcome to go look through the last day phase to find where I said that lol good luck on your search), but vote mongoose. I was role blocked last night, so this is obviously you trying to make me look bad by asking me to "prove" my role when you know I can't -- and to top it all off, I never said I could so you're clearly stretching. Obvious is obvious (lol you really suck at this game mongoose... get it together). I can confirm this. Was anyone else role blocked? The answer is going to be NO. If anyone lies right now and says they were role blocked, then THEY will be outed as mafia upon my death for lying. So try again.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:26:54 AM
Also mongoose, I can't be lynched this day phase (thank you Wonka!). I believe this confirms Wonka's innocence. My top suspects for sure are mongoose and lovelife. The Trunchbull claim is really off.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:32:28 AM
At 1/13/2011 9:25:23 PM, lovelife wrote:
Judging by the announcement it would be safe to assume L is mafia imo.

"As the result of eating Wonka-Brand Super Strechy Neck candy, Lwerd will be lynch proof during this Day Phase."

How does this make me appear mafia? It makes it appear as if someone protected me. Lovelife that was the biggest stretch and non-sequitur I've seen in mafia for awhile. You and mongoose I'm betting are both mafia from these random accusations and assertions of my suspicion. if I'm right, then I seriously need to reconsider playing with such novices lol. Because you guys are RIDIC obvious.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 8:36:14 AM
I also HIGHLY suspect mongeese. This is because belle's claim said the last person to cast the lynching vote for her would die. Mongeese ignored this and voted for her anyway, so he must have KNOWN that he would not die... in other words, he must have known she wasn't lying -- i.e., was mafia with her.

Suspects:
- mongoose
- lovelife
- mongeese
President of DDO