Total Posts:228|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 2 Day Phase 2

askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:38:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Active Players

1. bluesteel
2. M.Torres
3. Superboy777
4. OreEle
5. ccstate4peat
6.Mattrodstrom
7. Tullekrazy
8. rogue

It takes 5 votes to lynch someone.

Graveyard:
1. Charr - Townie - Cop (see role pm) - http://www.debate.org...
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:40:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes OreEle has replaced Freeman
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:41:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
who's Orele replacing???? freeman... who died??
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:41:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
ah.. charr.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:42:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rather then reading through 400+ posts, can we summarize if anyone made any role claims last DP?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:43:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was told I went and slept with a whore for a dollar...

just to let you guys know.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:43:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 11:42:42 AM, OreEle wrote:
Rather then reading through 400+ posts, can we summarize if anyone made any role claims last DP?

superboy claimed Miller.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 11:43:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
and we VTNL
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:11:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
GAH, we lost our cop. SO lame.

matt, that supposedly means you were role-blocked
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:14:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:11:58 PM, bluesteel wrote:
GAH, we lost our cop. SO lame.

matt, that supposedly means you were role-blocked

i figured that's what it meant.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I can't be 100% sure of this, but I'm pretty sure OreEle isn't mafia. Usually, the mafia will want to discuss who to kill in the night phase and all 3 MUST confirm during night phase. Freeman hasn't been online and not enough people have been online since OreEle first logged on today for him to discuss a kill with 2 others. Unless the two other mafia had already selected Charr and OreEle just said "fine, confirm Charr," I think it's likely he's not mafia.

Superboy and Charr seem to have a weird RL friendship. I can't help but be suspicious that this was one of the reasons he was selected.

matt claimed to be role-blocked; a mafia member could obviously claim this, but I find it unlikely that in a beginner game there wouldn't be a doctor, cop, and role-blocker, since these seem to be the 3 most basic roles, from what I'm learning about mafia. Unless there's a role-block counter-claim, I find this highly plausible.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:26:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I can't be 100% sure of this, but I'm pretty sure OreEle isn't mafia. Usually, the mafia will want to discuss who to kill in the night phase and all 3 MUST confirm during night phase. Freeman hasn't been online and not enough people have been online since OreEle first logged on today for him to discuss a kill with 2 others. Unless the two other mafia had already selected Charr and OreEle just said "fine, confirm Charr," I think it's likely he's not mafia.

Superboy and Charr seem to have a weird RL friendship. I can't help but be suspicious that this was one of the reasons he was selected.

matt claimed to be role-blocked; a mafia member could obviously claim this, but I find it unlikely that in a beginner game there wouldn't be a doctor, cop, and role-blocker, since these seem to be the 3 most basic roles, from what I'm learning about mafia. Unless there's a role-block counter-claim, I find this highly plausible.

sure, I'll take that.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:27:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I find this highly plausible.

me too..

but for some reason I find you highly suspicious too...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:33:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
now... why would they role block me though???

I s'pose they thought I was maybe the cop..

b/c if they thought I were Doc then they would prolly only block me if they wanted to kill Tulle... as I had said it made sense to protect her...

and... if I had been on the right track with my suspicions... then My being the cop would've been rather dangerous to them...

also.. they might have chosen not to try to kill me.. as, since Tulle said she thought I was innocent, they might have figured the Doc maybe could've figured the same...

so... I'll stick with my original suspicions (which seem to have gotten me roleblocked).. and Vote to Lynch M.Torres.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:33:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:27:32 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I find this highly plausible.

me too..

but for some reason I find you highly suspicious too...

So you are the role blocker?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:34:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:33:46 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:27:32 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I find this highly plausible.

me too..

but for some reason I find you highly suspicious too...

So you are the role blocker?

Scratch, miss-read
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:34:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL M.Torres
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:35:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:27:32 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I find this highly plausible.

me too..

but for some reason I find you highly suspicious too...

That's fine - just don't lynch me without giving me the chance to role reveal first.

Which reminds me of something REALLY important. A mislynch at this point equals a loss. There are three mafia members still out there. If a townie gets TWO votes on him or her from other townies, the game is over. Mafia will mass-vote that person. So don't put a SECOND vote on anyone unless you're absolutely CERTAIN of that person's alignment. No more random voting for pressure - it's too dangerous.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:37:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:34:31 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
VTL M.Torres

um, plz read my previous post. At least, I hope everyone else does, unless they want the game to end in a loss.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:39:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:35:41 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:27:32 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I find this highly plausible.

me too..

but for some reason I find you highly suspicious too...

That's fine - just don't lynch me without giving me the chance to role reveal first.

Which reminds me of something REALLY important. A mislynch at this point equals a loss. There are three mafia members still out there. If a townie gets TWO votes on him or her from other townies, the game is over. Mafia will mass-vote that person. So don't put a SECOND vote on anyone unless you're absolutely CERTAIN of that person's alignment. No more random voting for pressure - it's too dangerous.

We have to remember that there is always the chance that the doctor can protect someone, so the mafia may not kill someone.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:43:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:35:41 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:27:32 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I find this highly plausible.

me too..

but for some reason I find you highly suspicious too...

That's fine - just don't lynch me without giving me the chance to role reveal first.

Which reminds me of something REALLY important. A mislynch at this point equals a loss. There are three mafia members still out there. If a townie gets TWO votes on him or her from other townies, the game is over. Mafia will mass-vote that person. So don't put a SECOND vote on anyone unless you're absolutely CERTAIN of that person's alignment. No more random voting for pressure - it's too dangerous.

read what I said about my having been blocked rather than killed...

consider it... and tell me if you don't think that's our best bet..

MAYBE someone else is gonna be able to deliver good info.. ??? (i don't know with our cop having died)

I say we wait for everyone to check in.. deliver any info they've got... and then, if we don't get further clues... we should vote to End Torres.

I understand the second votes a dangerous one now... as, if 3 mafia jump on at the end of the beginings of a Townie mislynch that'll prolly spell the end of the game... but I think I've got good reason to suspect M.Torres... and since we don't have a cop there's a good chance we're not getting much more info..

Noone cast any Second votes until everyone's showed up... and said their piece...

but we MUST lynch at the end of the day.. or I think we're done.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:45:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:37:19 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:34:31 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
VTL M.Torres

um, plz read my previous post. At least, I hope everyone else does, unless they want the game to end in a loss.

I'll unvote until everyone's showed up... and we've discussed it. But read my thoughts above.

UNVOTE M.TORRES
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:55:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Superboy and Charr seem to have a weird RL friendship. I can't help but be suspicious that this was one of the reasons he was selected.

I'm not sure about superboy..

but I think they thought Charr was the Doc... he had said that we should all be careful of role revealing/Pressuring people to role reveal.. and that the Doc should NEVER role reveal.

Between that.. and the fact that I think they thought I was the cop...

I'm pretty sure they figured he was the doc.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:56:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:39:08 PM, OreEle wrote:

We have to remember that there is always the chance that the doctor can protect someone, so the mafia may not kill someone.

Well they have to kill Tullekrazy (now renamed nonentity) if they want the game to end (because she's a politician, OreEle). Assuming the doctor protects her, I guess we get one more DP, even if we guess wrong. But then she has to compel the right vote for the next day.

^^I'd have kept this secret from them, but considering I want to be part of the process to decide whose vote to compel, assuming this is our strategy, I can't keep it secret, since that defeats the whole purpose.

Oh wait, nvm. Forgot they had a roleblocker. If they block nonentity's power, they win.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 12:58:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Again... why did they role block me???

IF they thought I was the doc... they would prolly not role block me Unless they were going after Tulle.

Since they didn't go after tulle.... why'd they role block me??
I can Only figure I was on the right track in suspecting Torres.. and they were worried about what might happen if I were cop.

they might not have actively Thought I was cop... But I think it's clear they were worried about what might happen if I were cop.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 1:06:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 12:55:36 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 1/14/2011 12:24:43 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Superboy and Charr seem to have a weird RL friendship. I can't help but be suspicious that this was one of the reasons he was selected.

I'm not sure about superboy..

but I think they thought Charr was the Doc... he had said that we should all be careful of role revealing/Pressuring people to role reveal.. and that the Doc should NEVER role reveal.

Between that.. and the fact that I think they thought I was the cop...

I'm pretty sure they figured he was the doc.

You're putting too much stock in who they chose, in my opinion matt. They did exactly what I said I would do in their situation: choose two non-revealed roles, one to kill, one to role-block. It may very well have been completely random, although at least as far as the kill, they seem to have gotten lucky.

OMG

I just realized - we told the doc to self-protect. Why wouldn't they role-block/kill the same person, in case it was the doc? Assuming they DID do this, then it makes it convenient for a mafia member to claim to have been role-blocked, since Charr can't tell us that he was actually the one role blocked.

Dang, that really expands the field of potential mafia back up again...

But if that's true, I dunno why matt would say, "I'm pretty sure they thought charr was doctor," since that's what made me think of this. He would have stayed silent and tried to get away with it. So who knows.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 1:09:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So who knows.

pretty sure I do.

why don't you criticize my thoughts specifically rather than just dismiss them.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 1:11:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/14/2011 1:09:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
So who knows.

pretty sure I do.

why don't you criticize my thoughts specifically rather than just dismiss them.

I suppose you did in saying that if they doubled them both up on Charr I could be mafia...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2011 1:26:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
However.. given that I am quite sure that I was told how I slept with a whore for a dollar...

I'm quite sure that they didn't double up on charr...

and that they role blocked me...

and given how they role blocked me.... I would say they thought I was cop...

as, if they thought I was Doc.. they'd only role block me if they wanted to kill Tulle.. which they clearly didn't.. since they killed charr.

As I said before... they seem to have thought Charr was the Doc.. given what he said...

and, since they role blocked me it seems that my hunch was prolly right and they were worried what might happen if I were cop.

now... I know they didn't double up on the roleblock/kill powers... and so I know you're wrong...

I understand the town, generally, doesn't have this same knowledge as Absolutely as I do... and so might still be worried about the Alternative you bring up...

but I don't think that alternative's too likely.

I'd like to listen if anyone has any more info... or theories... but We WILL have to lynch someone.. and we might have to do it on what Seems to be the case.. we're probably not going to get anything seemingly absolute (with our Cop dead)... so we're each probably going to have to Eventually vote on hunches we've garnered from reading all these conversations.

just EVERYONE read.. and try to read the old stuff too if you haven't been.

and say what you think... this way we can all get a feel for everybody.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."