Total Posts:147|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 48.2: DP4

Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 2:34:46 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Tejretics - You are Wylandriah. Your focus is solely on research, and despite being a powerful mage, you have to request help when you need to find something of importance. Due to your small involvement, you are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

ThinkBig - You are Cicero, fellow member of the Dark Brotherhood. You are strongly devoted to the Night Mother, as well as the Listener. You follow her instructions so strongly that you refuse to follow Astrid and leave. Even after betraying your comrades, you continue to follow the Night Mother, your true leader. This makes you the Follower. Each night you may select another player. You will learn what action(s) they took, but not on whom. You win with the town.

GRAVEYARD

Voice - Faida - Vanilla - Town
Tree - Brynjolf - odd-night Lookout - Mafia
Tej - Wylandriah - Vanilla - Town
Think - Cicero - Follower - Town

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Disc (Breaking)
2. Valosa
3. Bsh (Flex)
4. Matt
5. Rouke

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 10:30 pm, EST, on 10/13/16.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ValosaBirdy
Posts: 1,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:18:01 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?

MY action failed
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:20:48 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 3:18:01 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?

MY action failed

Okay...so probs a redirector or roleblocker. Did you target Matt?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ValosaBirdy
Posts: 1,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:22:09 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 3:20:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:18:01 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?

MY action failed

Okay...so probs a redirector or roleblocker. Did you target Matt?

no i targeted me
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:24:21 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 3:22:09 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:20:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:18:01 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?

MY action failed

Okay...so probs a redirector or roleblocker. Did you target Matt?

no i targeted me

Oh, okay...So, I would recommend that this upcoming NP you target someone other than yourself or Matt.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
ValosaBirdy
Posts: 1,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:25:59 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 3:24:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:22:09 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:20:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:18:01 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?

MY action failed

Okay...so probs a redirector or roleblocker. Did you target Matt?

no i targeted me

Oh, okay...So, I would recommend that this upcoming NP you target someone other than yourself or Matt.

why not matt?
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 3:38:32 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 3:25:59 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:24:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Oh, okay...So, I would recommend that this upcoming NP you target someone other than yourself or Matt.

why not matt?

Because Matt has claimed ascetic. That means your action will fail if you target him, supposing that he claimed correctly. I see no reason to doubt his claim (why claim such an easily confirmed role)? This is in no way affiliation confirmation for Matt, because he could be a mafia ascetic, but there is a chance targeting him would be a waste of an action.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 6:02:59 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
I would really like to hear from other people...Right now, I am townreading Disc (Breaking was the one cop'd right?) because I townread Valo. Rouk and Matt, therefore, I am particularly interested in seeing contribute to this DP.

I am gonna log off for the night, however.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 6:28:35 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 3:22:09 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:20:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:18:01 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?

MY action failed

Okay...so probs a redirector or roleblocker. Did you target Matt?

no i targeted me

Why did you target yourself?
ValosaBirdy
Posts: 1,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 10:11:41 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 6:28:35 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:22:09 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:20:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:18:01 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?

MY action failed

Okay...so probs a redirector or roleblocker. Did you target Matt?

no i targeted me

Why did you target yourself?

I was asked to by BSH1
BSH1 is far my senior in mafia and trust his insights.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:16:14 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 10:11:41 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 6:28:35 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:22:09 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:20:48 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:18:01 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:46:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Valo, please out your results from last night. We're currently at MYLO, and this means that there were only two mafia in this game (so one more to catch). It also means everyone needs to be careful how and when they vote to prevent a mafia quickhammer or an accidental hammer.

Everyone's claimed, right?

MY action failed

Okay...so probs a redirector or roleblocker. Did you target Matt?

no i targeted me

Why did you target yourself?

I was asked to by BSH1
BSH1 is far my senior in mafia and trust his insights.

I see. I think he wanted to test whether you were being redirected or not.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:17:29 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 12:37:15 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
@rouk and Disc

What was your claim?
Can you stop lurking and strat posting

1. Breaking (DD) - Dragonborn/Popular
2. Valosa - Solitude Guard / Cop
3. Flex (bsh1) - Babette/3-shot doctor (Dark brotherhood).
4. Matt - Shadowmere /Ascetic
5. Think - Cicero/Follower (Dark brotherhood)
6. Rouke - Lucan Valerius/Vanilla
7. Tejretics - Wylandriah/Vanilla
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:18:21 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Minus Tej and Think because RIP

1. Breaking (DD) - Dragonborn/Popular
2. Valosa - Solitude Guard/Cop
3. Flex (bsh1) - Babette/3-shot doctor (Dark brotherhood).
4. Matt - Shadowmere /Ascetic
5. Rouke - Lucan Valerius/Vanilla
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:22:37 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Eh, no one seems all that scummy from what i've read. As a result, i'll go for the person who has been the least active

VTL Rou
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:24:44 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 1:16:14 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 10/11/2016 10:11:41 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
I was asked to by BSH1
BSH1 is far my senior in mafia and trust his insights.

I see. I think he wanted to test whether you were being redirected or not.

I wanted to see if he was flavored. I backtracked on that request however because I realized how pointless that would be [http://www.debate.org...]. Valo missed my comment obviously, but since his role failed, it doesn't really matter at this point.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:25:15 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 12:37:15 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
@rouk and Disc

What was your claim?
Can you stop lurking and strat posting

Are you suspicious of Disc?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,640
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:28:06 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Official Vote Count

Rouke (1/3) - Matt

If you believe I have made a mistake, let me know and I will recount.

The school's wifi is ungodly slow today T~T
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:28:33 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 3:38:32 AM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:25:59 AM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
At 10/11/2016 3:24:21 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Oh, okay...So, I would recommend that this upcoming NP you target someone other than yourself or Matt.

why not matt?

Because Matt has claimed ascetic. That means your action will fail if you target him, supposing that he claimed correctly. I see no reason to doubt his claim (why claim such an easily confirmed role)? This is in no way affiliation confirmation for Matt, because he could be a mafia ascetic, but there is a chance targeting him would be a waste of an action.

Actually, this too is stupid, because mafia must have either a roleblocker or redirector. So Matt cannot be the mafia ascetic if he is indeed an ascetic. Shows why I shouldn't be posting at 1:30 in the morning when I'm tired...

Right now, Disc and Valo are my townreads. I am going to think more about everyone else and post some thoughts tonight some time.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:29:27 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 1:22:37 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Eh, no one seems all that scummy from what i've read. As a result, i'll go for the person who has been the least active

VTL Rou

Go for what, though? Like, what is the point of this vote?
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:31:07 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Yeah, I don't have much time now--gotta get to class--but I will post tonight on my thoughts.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:40:28 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 1:29:27 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 1:22:37 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
Eh, no one seems all that scummy from what i've read. As a result, i'll go for the person who has been the least active

VTL Rou

Go for what, though? Like, what is the point of this vote?

I'm not sure what you mean.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,406
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 1:42:59 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
The reason i'm going for Rou is because, out of the posts I've seen, he's the one I do not town read. I don't remember seeing much analysis from him. He seems, in this game anyway, to be going with the flow a lot more than he usually is.
ValosaBirdy
Posts: 1,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 2:33:30 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 10/11/2016 1:25:15 PM, bsh1 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 12:37:15 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
@rouk and Disc

What was your claim?
Can you stop lurking and strat posting

Are you suspicious of Disc?

no more on rouk...
He keeps lurking and only posting near the end of the DP
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 7:31:19 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 12:37:15 PM, ValosaBirdy wrote:
@rouk and Disc

What was your claim?

The same as the last two times you asked. Or was it three?

Can you stop lurking and strat posting

Lurking implies that I have been reading and not posting, which is incorrect.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 7:40:28 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
VTL bsh? (Not bolded because I don't want it to count yet due to MyLo)

His doc claim didn't feel right when he first made it. Seemed like opportunism trying to get town confirmed due to the no NK, which I think was caused by innactive scum. I had bigger scum reads at the time so I didn't push it but now his posts in this DP are giving me bad vibes. What does everyone else think?
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 7:41:44 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Slight scum read on rouk too, but I'm hesitant to push that because everyone always scum reads him.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 7:45:16 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Good news guys, I just noticed that Matt VTL'd rouk. We found scum.

Everyone here who know matt knows how much he hesitates to lynch anybody. His VTL of Rouk this early into a LyLo DP is way out of character for him.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^