Jump to topic:

Nintendo Switch Announced

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 5:06:56 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Because of the Wii U's massive failures, Nintendo today announced a successor console: the Nintendo Switch.
This new console will apparently be the successor to both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS, and cartridges will be used instead of disks. In terms of graphics, the console will definitely fall short compared to the PS4 and the Xbox One.
Games announced for the console so far include "Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" and a Mario game which apparently seeks to imitate the style of Mario 64.

The console will be released in March 2017.
Article: http://www.businessinsider.com...
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 5:54:03 PM
At 10/20/2016 5:06:56 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Because of the Wii U's massive failures, Nintendo today announced a successor console: the Nintendo Switch.
This new console will apparently be the successor to both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS, and cartridges will be used instead of disks. In terms of graphics, the console will definitely fall short compared to the PS4 and the Xbox One.
Games announced for the console so far include "Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" and a Mario game which apparently seeks to imitate the style of Mario 64.

PC Master Race?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 6:37:18 PM
At 10/20/2016 5:54:03 PM, Vaarka wrote:

PC Master Race?

?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 6:39:33 PM
At 10/20/2016 6:37:18 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

PC Master Race?

?

I don't use consoles very often. I have a ps3, which I use to play Skyrim and a bit of dragon age, and I used to have a wii (key words "used to", I still have it, but it's dead). Otherwise, I just use my PC.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 6:29:15 AM
At 10/20/2016 6:39:33 PM, Vaarka wrote:

PC Master Race?

?

I don't use consoles very often. I have a ps3, which I use to play Skyrim and a bit of dragon age, and I used to have a wii (key words "used to", I still have it, but it's dead). Otherwise, I just use my PC.

What kind of PC games?
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 11:04:42 AM
At 10/21/2016 6:29:15 AM, Geographia wrote:
At 10/20/2016 6:39:33 PM, Vaarka wrote:

PC Master Race?

?

What kind of PC games?

Mostly steam games (aka Garry's Mod, Civ 5, Guns of Icarus, etc) and osu!

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:24:17 PM
In terms of graphics, the console will definitely fall short compared to the PS4 and the Xbox One.

Ouch, that's saying something.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:44:21 PM
It appears that this console has an appeal to older audiences just like the PS4/Xbox One as well.

I haven't looked much into it, but I don't know if they'll actually be successful in competing with the PS4/Xbox.
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2016 2:09:27 AM

Seems like it will be another failed endeavor like the 3DS in the dying market of handheld consoles and the rise of mobile devices like the iPhone
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro