Total Posts:150|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 49.1: DP2

Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 2:54:56 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

ThinkBig - You are a Goon. You have no special abilities. You win with the Mafia.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Bsh - You are a Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the Town.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. Citylight
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:00 pm, EST on 10/30/16.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 7:17:30 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Disc erroneously started DP2 without waiting for the full 24 hours of the NP to take place. You may post in here as normal, and the deadline will hold unless a majority of players request an extension, but all future NPs will last 24 hours. Apologies for the mistake.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 7:22:36 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Alternatively, should a majority of players request that this DP start at its original intended time, then I will declare this thread closed until 11:00pm, EST, on 10/28/16, when it will open again and the deadline will be 72 hours later, at 11:00pm, EST, on 10/31/16. Please respond in your PMs with the option you prefer, and refrain from posting here until a decision is reached.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 8:06:49 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
This is VC for the last DP

Vote Count

City (3/5) - Bsh, Think, Tree

Think (5/5) - Ciacco, Vaarka, City, Matt, and Mat

It's not perfect science, but I'm gonna focus on those who were not in the Think wagon first. Therefore I'm going to VTL Chaos he's been noticeably absent for a while and I'd like his thoughts. Also I can't ignore some of his scummy actions from the last DP.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,402
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 8:08:19 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 7:22:36 AM, Sapphique wrote:
Alternatively, should a majority of players request that this DP start at its original intended time, then I will declare this thread closed until 11:00pm, EST, on 10/28/16, when it will open again and the deadline will be 72 hours later, at 11:00pm, EST, on 10/31/16. Please respond in your PMs with the option you prefer, and refrain from posting here until a decision is reached.

Sorry I missed this Welp.
Sapphique
Posts: 4,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2016 11:49:43 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
You may now post. The deadline for this DP is as marked in the OP.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 12:02:54 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
VTL Vaarka

Now that bsh is gone you're gonna have to be a lot more active to help out us noobs. :)
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 12:13:35 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
I think we can learn a bit from the timing of this DP. Scum would have had to be online to post their NK of bsh. The DP ended approximately 24 hours ago and the NP ended 21 hours ago, so scum would have been online sometime in that three-hour time span.

This means Chaos cannot be scum, as he has not been online for two days. (http://www.debate.org...)

Let's assume that anybody who posted up to two hours before the end of the DP was online for at least part of the NP. That means we should place more suspicion on anyone after this post: http://www.debate.org...

That means that more suspicion should be placed on the following players: Matt, Mat, City, Vaarka, and myself.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 12:15:25 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 8:06:49 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
This is VC for the last DP

Vote Count

City (3/5) - Bsh, Think, Tree

Think (5/5) - Ciacco, Vaarka, City, Matt, and Mat

It's not perfect science, but I'm gonna focus on those who were not in the Think wagon first. Therefore I'm going to VTL Chaos he's been noticeably absent for a while and I'd like his thoughts. Also I can't ignore some of his scummy actions from the last DP.

It's useful, but this type of analysis doesn't take bussing into account.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 12:30:58 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/28/2016 8:06:49 AM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
This is VC for the last DP

Vote Count

City (3/5) - Bsh, Think, Tree

Think (5/5) - Ciacco, Vaarka, City, Matt, and Mat

It's not perfect science, but I'm gonna focus on those who were not in the Think wagon first. Therefore I'm going to VTL Chaos he's been noticeably absent for a while and I'd like his thoughts. Also I can't ignore some of his scummy actions from the last DP.

You're voting for someone who logically can't be scum.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:02:25 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 12:02:54 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
VTL Vaarka

Now that bsh is gone you're gonna have to be a lot more active to help out us noobs. :)

Lol, I'm glad that we got the extended NP. Today was our states meet for cross country.

Oh, and we got 1st place with 99 points (winning by 31 points, 2nd place had 130) :D

I have a feeling we may end up needing to replace Chaos
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:03:20 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 12:13:35 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
I think we can learn a bit from the timing of this DP. Scum would have had to be online to post their NK of bsh. The DP ended approximately 24 hours ago and the NP ended 21 hours ago, so scum would have been online sometime in that three-hour time span.
I thought the same

This means Chaos cannot be scum, as he has not been online for two days. (http://www.debate.org...)

Let's assume that anybody who posted up to two hours before the end of the DP was online for at least part of the NP. That means we should place more suspicion on anyone after this post: http://www.debate.org...

That means that more suspicion should be placed on the following players: Matt, Mat, City, Vaarka, and myself.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 1:58:34 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 1:02:25 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 12:02:54 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
VTL Vaarka

Now that bsh is gone you're gonna have to be a lot more active to help out us noobs. :)

Lol, I'm glad that we got the extended NP. Today was our states meet for cross country.
We didn't get the extended NP.
Oh, and we got 1st place with 99 points (winning by 31 points, 2nd place had 130) :D
Congratulations on the win! :)
I have a feeling we may end up needing to replace Chaos
Yup. He hasn't been online for two days.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:00:13 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Unvote

VTL City
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:00:13 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
Unvote

VTL City

Why?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:07:49 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Why?

Her scummy posts from the last DP. We had three main suspects the last DP: Think, Chaos, and City. Think is dead and it's impossible for Chaos to be scum, so that leaves City. With the information that we have, she's most likely to be scum.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:16:06 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:00:13 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
Unvote

VTL City

Why?

Who else would I vote for?
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:18:26 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:07:49 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Why?

Her scummy posts from the last DP. We had three main suspects the last DP: Think, Chaos, and City. Think is dead and it's impossible for Chaos to be scum, so that leaves City. With the information that we have, she's most likely to be scum.

I don't think so, tbh. The whole "when does the DP end" argument doesn't hold much ground for me.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:25:50 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:18:26 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:07:49 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Why?

Her scummy posts from the last DP. We had three main suspects the last DP: Think, Chaos, and City. Think is dead and it's impossible for Chaos to be scum, so that leaves City. With the information that we have, she's most likely to be scum.

I don't think so, tbh. The whole "when does the DP end" argument doesn't hold much ground for me.

Me neither, but inactivity is a problem. I think Bsh1 sums it up pretty well in post 250: http://www.debate.org...
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:29:05 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:25:50 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:18:26 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:07:49 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Why?

Her scummy posts from the last DP. We had three main suspects the last DP: Think, Chaos, and City. Think is dead and it's impossible for Chaos to be scum, so that leaves City. With the information that we have, she's most likely to be scum.

I don't think so, tbh. The whole "when does the DP end" argument doesn't hold much ground for me.

Me neither, but inactivity is a problem. I think Bsh1 sums it up pretty well in post 250: http://www.debate.org...

I also made a post or two in posts 318-319 about it, and it seems like they got a better idea of what they should be doing. If you're trying to pressure her to get her active, go ahead, but otherwise, let's give them some time to show up.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:30:55 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:29:05 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:25:50 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:18:26 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:07:49 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Why?

Her scummy posts from the last DP. We had three main suspects the last DP: Think, Chaos, and City. Think is dead and it's impossible for Chaos to be scum, so that leaves City. With the information that we have, she's most likely to be scum.

I don't think so, tbh. The whole "when does the DP end" argument doesn't hold much ground for me.

Me neither, but inactivity is a problem. I think Bsh1 sums it up pretty well in post 250: http://www.debate.org...

I also made a post or two in posts 318-319 about it, and it seems like they got a better idea of what they should be doing. If you're trying to pressure her to get her active, go ahead, but otherwise, let's give them some time to show up.

Okay, saw the posts. I'm not pushing for a lynch though, just a pressure vote while we wait for more people to post here.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:33:05 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:30:55 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:29:05 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:25:50 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:18:26 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:07:49 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Why?

Her scummy posts from the last DP. We had three main suspects the last DP: Think, Chaos, and City. Think is dead and it's impossible for Chaos to be scum, so that leaves City. With the information that we have, she's most likely to be scum.

I don't think so, tbh. The whole "when does the DP end" argument doesn't hold much ground for me.

Me neither, but inactivity is a problem. I think Bsh1 sums it up pretty well in post 250: http://www.debate.org...

I also made a post or two in posts 318-319 about it, and it seems like they got a better idea of what they should be doing. If you're trying to pressure her to get her active, go ahead, but otherwise, let's give them some time to show up.

Okay, saw the posts. I'm not pushing for a lynch though, just a pressure vote while we wait for more people to post here.

Understood ^.^
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 775
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:37:00 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:33:05 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Huzzah! My 400th post! :)

Who's your FOS mostly on right now?
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Vaarka
Posts: 7,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 2:47:13 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:37:00 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:33:05 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Huzzah! My 400th post! :)

Who's your FOS mostly on right now?

Right now, no one in particular
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
citylight
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:21:18 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:16:06 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:00:13 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
Unvote

VTL City

Why?

Who else would I vote for?

Umm anyone else.... Why me?
citylight
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:28:55 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Hey:) I am not going to be on much this weekend...I am going with my family to the beach and coverage is awful...I will try to be on whenever I have a chance!
citylight
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:36:03 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Chaos seems to have a pretty good alibi, and except for his early claim, he never felt scummy to me...
So far I read town on Matt, Vaarka...
null on Ciacco and Mat
What are you guy's read so far?
citylight
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2016 5:39:35 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/29/2016 2:30:55 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:29:05 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:25:50 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:18:26 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:07:49 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 10/29/2016 2:05:44 AM, Vaarka wrote:
Why?

Her scummy posts from the last DP. We had three main suspects the last DP: Think, Chaos, and City. Think is dead and it's impossible for Chaos to be scum, so that leaves City. With the information that we have, she's most likely to be scum.

I don't think so, tbh. The whole "when does the DP end" argument doesn't hold much ground for me.

Me neither, but inactivity is a problem. I think Bsh1 sums it up pretty well in post 250: http://www.debate.org...

I also made a post or two in posts 318-319 about it, and it seems like they got a better idea of what they should be doing. If you're trying to pressure her to get her active, go ahead, but otherwise, let's give them some time to show up.

Okay, saw the posts. I'm not pushing for a lynch though, just a pressure vote while we wait for more people to post here.

Vtl on me to make me be active doesn't help anything because whenever I can I am on, if i'm not ..then I am probably not home which = no internet