Total Posts:305|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 49.2: DP1

Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 4:44:06 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
RULES

Gameplay

1. Votes or unvotes must be bolded.
2. You may unvote or change your vote at any time before the final vote count is posted. However, once a lynch occurs, no further vote changes will count.
3. A lynch occurs when a majority of the players votes to lynch someone.
4. After a lynch occurs, all players (including the lynched player) may talk until I post the final vote count.
5. If a majority hasn't been reached by deadline, or if a majority VTNLs, the DP will end in a no-lynch.
6. Submit night actions via your PM.
7. DPs have a deadline of 72 hours. NPs have a deadline of 24 hours.

Player Conduct

1. Don't C/P anything from your role PMs into the game. Paraphrasing is fine.
2. Don't talk about the game outside the thread or mod-sanctioned PMs.
3. Don't post in the game thread after you die and have been flipped.
4. Play to your win condition.
5. Violating one of these rules will result in a modkill.

Other

1. If you are asking me a question in the DP, please bold it.
2. Please try to maintain civil conduct.
3. Please try to limit quote pyramids. They clutter the game, making it more difficult to read.
4. Anything not covered here will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

The mafia may continue to talk in their designated PM after death.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 4:46:22 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. City
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka
8. Bsh
9. Think

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:45 AM, EST, on 11/9/16.


On the stone was etched a galactic map, and a single word more ancient than the clans themselves:

Hiigara.

Our home.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 4:51:54 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
VTL Vaarka
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 4:52:26 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Vote: Ciacco
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 4:58:59 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 4:58:22 PM, citylight wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:51:54 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
VTL Vaarka

Why are you voting on someone right away?

It's random voting stage.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 4:59:25 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 4:58:22 PM, citylight wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:51:54 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
VTL Vaarka

Why are you voting on someone right away?

It's called the RVS (random voting stage). Everybody votes for some random person in order to generate information and start conversation.
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
citylight
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:04:07 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 4:58:59 PM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:58:22 PM, citylight wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:51:54 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

It's random voting stage.

Ok thanks!
ThinkBig
Posts: 1,567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:05:44 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:04:07 PM, citylight wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:58:59 PM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:58:22 PM, citylight wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:51:54 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

It's random voting stage.

Ok thanks!

Anytime. Let me know if you have any more questions?
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mathebest07
Posts: 174
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 4:46:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. City
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka
8. Bsh
9. Think

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:45 AM, EST, on 11/9/16.


On the stone was etched a galactic map, and a single word more ancient than the clans themselves:

Hiigara.

Our home.


So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:41:33 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?

All roles and affiliations are randomized.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
mathebest07
Posts: 174
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:41:44 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:35:56 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
By the way this theme is weird af.

So from my understanding people don't know the theme, rather their characters. Is this correct?

If this is true, then perhaps Matt is a power role
mathebest07
Posts: 174
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:42:03 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:41:33 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?

All roles and affiliations are randomized.

I see, thank you.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:42:13 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:46:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. City
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka
8. Bsh
9. Think

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:45 AM, EST, on 11/9/16.


On the stone was etched a galactic map, and a single word more ancient than the clans themselves:

Hiigara.

Our home.


So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?

I assume the roels were randomized again, but this time the roles could be anything from here: https://docs.google.com...

In terms of two mafia or not. For balance purposes i doubt it.
mathebest07
Posts: 174
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:43:10 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:42:13 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:46:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. City
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka
8. Bsh
9. Think

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:45 AM, EST, on 11/9/16.


On the stone was etched a galactic map, and a single word more ancient than the clans themselves:

Hiigara.

Our home.


So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?

I assume the roels were randomized again, but this time the roles could be anything from here: https://docs.google.com...

In terms of two mafia or not. For balance purposes i doubt it.

You doubt there will be more than two Maf?
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:43:58 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:43:10 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:42:13 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:46:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. City
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka
8. Bsh
9. Think

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:45 AM, EST, on 11/9/16.


On the stone was etched a galactic map, and a single word more ancient than the clans themselves:

Hiigara.

Our home.


So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?

I assume the roels were randomized again, but this time the roles could be anything from here: https://docs.google.com...

In terms of two mafia or not. For balance purposes i doubt it.

You doubt there will be more than two Maf?

Looking at the amount of players, 3 maf would be OP imo.
mathebest07
Posts: 174
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:45:08 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:43:58 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:43:10 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:42:13 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:46:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. City
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka
8. Bsh
9. Think

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:45 AM, EST, on 11/9/16.


On the stone was etched a galactic map, and a single word more ancient than the clans themselves:

Hiigara.

Our home.


So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?

I assume the roels were randomized again, but this time the roles could be anything from here: https://docs.google.com...

In terms of two mafia or not. For balance purposes i doubt it.

You doubt there will be more than two Maf?

Looking at the amount of players, 3 maf would be OP imo.

Surely though it is a possibility due to the fact that it is totally randomized

Or is it not completely randomized?
Discipulus_Didicit
Posts: 3,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:45:39 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:41:44 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:35:56 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
By the way this theme is weird af.

So from my understanding people don't know the theme, rather their characters. Is this correct?

This is correct, but the last few lines of post 2 are a theme 'hint' (more of a theme giveaway tbh)
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:46:49 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:41:44 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:35:56 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
By the way this theme is weird af.

So from my understanding people don't know the theme, rather their characters. Is this correct?

If this is true, then perhaps Matt is a power role

They know their characters. From there ,we can tell the theme the game is based around and as a result, work to guess what makes one character scum and one town.

However I can tell from these characters that this theme is going to be weird xD.

Also, even if I was a power role, I wouldn't mention it now. Good practice I find is to not question what role someone is unless you need to. The less info the Mafia gets the better.
mathebest07
Posts: 174
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:48:56 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:45:39 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:41:44 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:35:56 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
By the way this theme is weird af.

So from my understanding people don't know the theme, rather their characters. Is this correct?

This is correct, but the last few lines of post 2 are a theme 'hint' (more of a theme giveaway tbh)

I see, so it is sort of a space(ish) theme from the looks of it?
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:49:34 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:45:08 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:43:58 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:43:10 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:42:13 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:46:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. City
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka
8. Bsh
9. Think

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:45 AM, EST, on 11/9/16.


On the stone was etched a galactic map, and a single word more ancient than the clans themselves:

Hiigara.

Our home.


So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?

I assume the roels were randomized again, but this time the roles could be anything from here: https://docs.google.com...

In terms of two mafia or not. For balance purposes i doubt it.

You doubt there will be more than two Maf?

Looking at the amount of players, 3 maf would be OP imo.

Surely though it is a possibility due to the fact that it is totally randomized

Or is it not completely randomized?

Hang on, I don't think you're understanding it. The roles themselves to my knowledge were chosen specifically by the mods, as well as the amount of scum and town.

From there these roles are randomized and spread across the players.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:51:20 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:50:57 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
For those interested on the theme, I seem to have found a wiki about it: http://homeworld.wikia.com...

One specifically on the Hiigaran's: http://homeworld.wikia.com...
mathebest07
Posts: 174
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:52:45 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:49:34 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:45:08 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:43:58 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:43:10 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:42:13 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 4:46:22 PM, Sapphique wrote:
SETUP

This game is themed and role-madness, much like the regular games played on DDO. All possible roles can be found here:

https://docs.google.com...

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Ciacco
2. Tree
3. Chaos
4. City
5. Mat
6. Matt
7. Vaarka
8. Bsh
9. Think

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
The DP ends in 72 hours, or at 11:45 AM, EST, on 11/9/16.


On the stone was etched a galactic map, and a single word more ancient than the clans themselves:

Hiigara.

Our home.


So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?

I assume the roels were randomized again, but this time the roles could be anything from here: https://docs.google.com...

In terms of two mafia or not. For balance purposes i doubt it.

You doubt there will be more than two Maf?

Looking at the amount of players, 3 maf would be OP imo.

Surely though it is a possibility due to the fact that it is totally randomized

Or is it not completely randomized?

Hang on, I don't think you're understanding it. The roles themselves to my knowledge were chosen specifically by the mods, as well as the amount of scum and town.

From there these roles are randomized and spread across the players.

Oh I see! Sorry, I didn't realise. I thought they meant it is FULLY randomized.
MattTheDreamer
Posts: 1,393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:53:36 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:52:45 PM, mathebest07 wrote:

Oh I see! Sorry, I didn't realise. I thought they meant it is FULLY randomized.

No worries.
Tree_of_Death
Posts: 744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:56:01 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:41:44 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/6/2016 5:35:56 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
By the way this theme is weird af.

So from my understanding people don't know the theme, rather their characters. Is this correct?

If this is true, then perhaps Matt is a power role

Why would you know this?
"If life were easy, it wouldn't be difficult."--Kermit the Frog

#Treebrokethechurchbells--DD

"I am after all the purveyor of intellectually dishonest propaganda." --YYW
Sapphique
Posts: 4,110
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2016 5:57:37 PM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 11/6/2016 5:38:50 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
So, were the roles randomized again? And if so does this mean that there could be more than two Mafia members?
Roles and affiliations are randomized for every game, and every game is balanced to the best of our abilities. Beyond that I cannot say.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch