Beginners' Mafia 49.2: DP4

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:28:36 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago
LYNCHED LAST DP

Tree - You are the Cloaked Fighter, a basic light fighter design incorporating stealth technology necessary for certain special assignments. Because of your immunity to long-range sensors, short-range scans, and visual detection you are the Ascetic. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Matt - You are the Interceptor, a basic fighter used to combat enemy strike craft. You are the basic model to which other craft your size are typically compared, and your average nature makes you Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the town.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Chaos
2. Math
3. Vaarka
4. Think

With 4 living players it takes 3 votes to lynch. The DP will end in 72 hours, or at 0900 20161121 EST

We were unaware of the significance of this location. We mean you no conflict. Please allow us time to prepare our engines so we may withdraw as requested.

If you will not join, then die. There is no... withdrawal... from the Garden.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Hybrid_Chaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:30:41 PM
Okay well Tree wasn't mafia, so does that mean we go for Think as our last option?
The Cycle Of Life And Death Will Continue. We Will Live. They Will die.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:30:55 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:28:36 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
LYNCHED LAST DP

Tree - You are the Cloaked Fighter, a basic light fighter design incorporating stealth technology necessary for certain special assignments. Because of your immunity to long-range sensors, short-range scans, and visual detection you are the Ascetic. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with town.

DIED IN THE NIGHT

Matt - You are the Interceptor, a basic fighter used to combat enemy strike craft. You are the basic model to which other craft your size are typically compared, and your average nature makes you Vanilla. You have no special abilities. You win with the town.

I swear, is everyone a ship?

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Chaos
2. Math
3. Vaarka
4. Think

With 4 living players it takes 3 votes to lynch. The DP will end in 72 hours, or at 0900 20161121 EST

We were unaware of the significance of this location. We mean you no conflict. Please allow us time to prepare our engines so we may withdraw as requested.

Alright, everyone, be very careful how you place your VTLs. If someone gets to L-1, and they are town, mafia can hammer.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:31:38 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:30:41 PM, Hybrid_Chaos wrote:
Okay well Tree wasn't mafia, so does that mean we go for Think as our last option?

idk, what would the reason be again?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Hybrid_Chaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:31:45 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:30:55 PM, Vaarka wrote:
LYNCHED LAST DP

DIED IN THE NIGHT

I swear, is everyone a ship?
Yes

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Chaos
2. Math
3. Vaarka
4. Think

Alright, everyone, be very careful how you place your VTLs. If someone gets to L-1, and they are town, mafia can hammer.
Hybrid_Chaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:32:21 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:31:38 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Because of my role, it narrowed mafia to Tree and Think as the only mafia options. Since Tree wasn't mafia, that would leave think
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:32:28 PM
This is also (unless we no-lynch) the last DP, so if there are any power roles left, and they have any kinds of results, feel free to out them.

Heck, if anyone's gonna claim anything, go right ahead.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:33:01 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:32:21 PM, Hybrid_Chaos wrote:

Because of my role, it narrowed mafia to Tree and Think as the only mafia options. Since Tree wasn't mafia, that would leave think

Has Think claimed?

Hybrid_Chaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:34:20 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:33:01 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Has Think claimed?

No, well at least not that I saw. Think if you want to claim please do it.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:34:25 PM

Can you put like a normal time?

Translation:
The DP will end in 72 hours, or at 9:00am, EST, on November 21st, 2016 (11/21/16)

Discipulus_Didicit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:38:51 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:34:25 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Translation:
The DP will end in 72 hours, or at 9:00am, EST, on November 21st, 2016 (11/21/16)

Were you complaining about format last time too? I thought it was just forgetting the timezone that you didn't like. I thought the format was fine, you understood it after all.
Cobalt - You could be scum too.
Matt - I suppose. But I also might not be.

Kiri - Yeah, I don't know what DD is doing.
Vaarka - He's doin'a thingy do

DD - The best advice most often goes unheeded.
Wise Man - KYS, DD.
DD - Case in point ^
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:40:21 PM
I'll claim as well, I guess.

I'm the scout, and since I'm weak, have poor power/armor/speed, and am cheap, I'm vanilla.

I tried to hint at this once or twice in DP1, like here: http://www.debate.org...

I said they should've built a "not-dying machine", which was a reference to a scout quote from TF2 ("You should've built a not-dyin' machine!")

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:41:03 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:38:51 PM, Discipulus_Didicit wrote:
At 11/18/2016 1:34:25 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Translation:

Were you complaining about format last time too? I thought it was just forgetting the timezone that you didn't like. I thought the format was fine, you understood it after all.

Yeah, but I mean when you just put "0900 20161121", it just looks like a bunch of jumbled up numbers...

mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 1:51:20 PM

On the contrary, I am going to claim now. I am a probe, basically I come equipped with a one use sensor package that allows me to see who people visit at night. Think did not visit anyone at night, yet there was still a murder. This leads me to believe that think is not mafia.

In actually, this was all a ploy from Chaos right from the start, he accused Tree and Think of being maf by claiming a rather convincing role. This results in the town turning on the two (just as we did) and results in a mafia win.

Chaos must be the one lying here, as if everything he said is true then Think or Tree should have been maf, but after using my night ability I can confirm that Think is not maf.

Now, I feel as if some people are going to accuse me of lying and perhaps even attempt to pin me as the maf. But my question is, if I was actually the maf why would I rather have Chaos lynched than Think? Either way, I would win the game due to the fact that the townies would equal the number of maf after the day phase has ended. Therefore it would be an illogical move to make.

It has to be Chaos, he has been proven a lier and has been proven to be anti-town

VTL Chaos
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:14:12 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:13:14 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
>tfw when you die twice in one game.

http://img2.rnkr-static.com...

you died, got ressurected, and died again, damn son!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:17:44 PM
At 11/18/2016 1:51:20 PM, mathebest07 wrote:

On the contrary, I am going to claim now. I am a probe, basically I come equipped with a one use sensor package that allows me to see who people visit at night. Think did not visit anyone at night, yet there was still a murder. This leads me to believe that think is not mafia.

In actually, this was all a ploy from Chaos right from the start, he accused Tree and Think of being maf by claiming a rather convincing role. This results in the town turning on the two (just as we did) and results in a mafia win.

Chaos must be the one lying here, as if everything he said is true then Think or Tree should have been maf, but after using my night ability I can confirm that Think is not maf.

Now, I feel as if some people are going to accuse me of lying and perhaps even attempt to pin me as the maf. But my question is, if I was actually the maf why would I rather have Chaos lynched than Think? Either way, I would win the game due to the fact that the townies would equal the number of maf after the day phase has ended. Therefore it would be an illogical move to make.

It has to be Chaos, he has been proven a lier and has been proven to be anti-town

VTL Chaos

http://www.debate.org...

mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:19:41 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:17:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I know! When I found this out I just thought to myself "didn't Vaarka say something similar?"

At least we have proven it now though, good catch!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:28:25 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:19:41 PM, mathebest07 wrote:

I know! When I found this out I just thought to myself "didn't Vaarka say something similar?"

;3

mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:30:05 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:28:25 PM, Vaarka wrote:

;3

Actually, UNVOTE

I want to see Chaos' response, I am unsure how he can defend himself really at all, but we will see.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:35:22 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:30:05 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/18/2016 2:28:25 PM, Vaarka wrote:

;3

Actually, UNVOTE

I want to see Chaos' response, I am unsure how he can defend himself really at all, but we will see.

On VTL is fine, and good pressure force at this point. We want to avoid two votes on one player until we're sure who we're lynching.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:38:04 PM

So your role is the probe, or your character is?

mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:38:06 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:35:22 PM, Vaarka wrote:
On VTL is fine, and good pressure force at this point. We want to avoid two votes on one player until we're sure who we're lynching.

I just want to be extra extra causious ya know? I feel as if due to my lack of causion earlier we lynched Tree even though he was town.
mathebest07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:39:20 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:38:04 PM, Vaarka wrote:

My character is probe I believe.

It states that I am the "one-shot tracker" though I am not sure if that is a role or not :P
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:48:15 PM

Has Think claimed?

Yes I have. Last DP.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:48:16 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:39:20 PM, mathebest07 wrote:
At 11/18/2016 2:38:04 PM, Vaarka wrote:

My character is probe I believe.

It states that I am the "one-shot tracker" though I am not sure if that is a role or not :P

*sighs* and Matt, our "look it up an theme analyze" guy is gone again...

Guess I'll have to do it myself (when I get the chance)

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:48:54 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:48:15 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

Has Think claimed?

Yes I have. Last DP.

post?

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:51:35 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:48:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Has Think claimed?

Yes I have. Last DP.

post?

I'll have to find it after class.
ThinkBig
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/18/2016 2:52:13 PM
At 11/18/2016 2:51:35 PM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 11/18/2016 2:48:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Has Think claimed?

Yes I have. Last DP.

post?

I'll have to find it after class.

Don't worry, you've got time. My teacher just assigned us 45 math problems for the weekend :D

D: