It takes 2 votes to lynch someone.

Graveyard
1. Charr - Townie - Cop

2. M.Torres - Mafia - Whore

3. Bluesteel - Townie - mason recruiter

4. rogue - Mafia - Suicide Bomber

5. OreEle - Third Party - Jester

6. Nonentity - Townie - Politician
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:13:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
mmm.... I vote CCSTATE
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 2:15:09 PM
Lynch-O-Tron:

ccstate - (1/2) - mattrodstrom
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 4:17:29 PM
At 1/21/2011 2:15:09 PM, askbob wrote:
Lynch-O-Tron:

ccstate - (2/2) - mattrodstrom - superboy777

GUILTY

Mafia Godfather.

Superboy was the town miller

Mattrodstrom was the town doctor
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 4:56:23 PM
Thanks Bob :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 4:57:10 PM
Team Rankings

1. OreEle

2. Town (nonentity, bluesteel, mattrodstrom, charr, superboy777)

3. Mafia (rogue, M.Torres, ccstate)

Player Rankings (arbitrarily chosen by mod based on effectiveness at perceiving mafia, role choices, etc.)

1. Nonentity - You survived for most of the game which is great. Starting at DP 3 your perceptions regarding the mafia were correct and you didn't use your power to negatively impact the town at all. You made Freeman (a jester who probably wouldn't have voted anyway) vote for himself and possibly saved the doctor from being lynched. You made a townie vote for a mafia player, made a mafia member vote for themselves, and had you lived, would have made a mafia player vote for himself again. You generally had good analysis this game and survived for most of it.

2. OreEle - For a while there I thought you were completely ignoring your role. You only won through a bit of luck. I don't know how announcing that you were the jester convinced two people to vote for you? Lol luck dude. But otherwise good game. You were on the edge of suspicion but didn't push it far enough.

3. Mattrodstrom - Starting out you played to sporadically to sway the town. Had you swayed the town with your correct guess that M.Torres was mafia, you would have been ranked much higher. Another reason for your low ranking is your poor choice of role actions. While the politician wasn't a terrible choice for NP1, you should have either targeted yourself or an unclaimed role. The mafia were debating either killing you or charr, fortunately for the town, they chose charr.

However later in the game you calmed down and the town mainly believed you were innocent. Furthermore you blocked one mafia kill, OreEle. However it probably would have been better if they had killed OreEle as a day phase wouldn't have been wasted. You are also lower down for voting for the jester.

4. Bluesteel - Although your initial suspicions were wrong and you recruited a mafioso the first night, you had a decent analysis of who the mafia was after M.Torre's screwup. You also failed to see that M.Torres claim was fake and a useless role. Otherwise you outed a mafia member and were enough of a threat to be taken out early.

5. ccstate - Being under pressure of becoming lynched you role claimed the tracker. However your choice of who you tracked was not a good one. You should have chosen bluesteel as well as M.Torres instead of choosing rogue who was still in the game. This led to implicating rogue/making you a liar. You also forgot to tell rogue to user her role power. In the beginning of the game you played well and slid under suspicion. Had your tracker claim been better, you probably would have won the game.

6. M.Torres, if you're mafia you can't screw up and in the wrong pm. Otherwise you did a great job of acting like a townie. So much so that you were recruited into the masons. Without the slipup you were definitely mvp material had you continued and depending on how well you swayed the masons.

7. Rogue - You stayed under the radar for most of the game except the end where you posted a lot of nonsense (i understand you had imbibed too much that night) and stayed with ccstate. The correct course of action would have been to hammer ccstate and force suspicion on oreele and superboy. You also really failed by not using your role action which (seeing what the townies did in lynching OreEle) would have won the game for the mafia.

8. Superboy777, didn't contribute much in terms of insight, most thought he was the jester at some point, no role action to judge, made the right choice in the end.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 4:58:51 PM
Also charr is unranked as he didn't survive long enough for me to do a good analysis. This wasn't his fault but mainly due to nonentity and superboy777 claiming early
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 5:05:00 PM
http://www.debate.org...

Signups for the final beginner game before the series restarts and all participants are declared "graduated"

Some info about this game:

This game was unique in the fact that all role pms were posted before the game's start. The intention was to familiarize players with roles and how they worked. This prevented the mafia from gaining a huge unfair advantage. It also helped every new player learn all the basic roles of the game and how they generally worked. I included fake roles so the town simply couldn't mass claim. Furthermore by including more roles, I helped the townies to learn more roles than just the bare bones.

Mafia players were given three roles that were safe to claim but not given all of the roles. This allowed OreEle to make a successful JOAT claim.

The following was posted in the mafia message to start with:

Hello my evil mafia minions here is the thread in which you can communicate with each other and discuss plans.

As you can see every role pm is shown and there are fakes implanted in the mix.

As this is a beginner game and I gave the town a lot of info, I'll help you out as well.

You are the tracker and can "follow" one player per night. You will be told who they visit but not what they do. This only applies to role actions and not pms. Thus if a doctor protects someone, they will have visited them. If the politician steals someones vote, they will have visited them. You are a townie. Etc.

You are the beloved princess and if you are killed during the day, you will lose a day phase. If you are killed at night, you will lose a night phase. Thus it is terrible when the townies kill you, but not so bad if the mafia kill you. If you are killed during day phase 1, then the mafia will get two kills in a row for as day phase 2 will be skipped. If the mafia kill you at night then the town will get two lynches in a row as the night phase will be skipped.

You are the bulletproof townie. You cannot be nightkilled by the mafia. You are aligned with the town. So if the mafia attempt to kill you, they will be blocked and will lose a chance at killing you. You can however be lynched.

You can safely claim these three roles if the townies do a mass role claim. No other townie has these roles and for the most part they are roles that don't require you to prove anything. I haven't given you all of the fake roles, but these three will even the balance.

in this thread you discuss your strategy for surviving the day phase, helping out teammates when they are in sticky situations or made an error in judgement.

Remember you do not want to be discovered and killed but want the others to lynch themselves.

At night both of you will have to mutually decide upon a player to kill. It's always the wisest in non-role games to pick the player who is most dangerous to you. Beware though that your choice doesn't indicate who you are. Also beware that your votes don't look organized (one coming right after the other, always agreeing on things, defending each other to no end)

Remember if one dies but the other survives until the end, you still win so be careful that if someone makes a huge blunder the other doesn't go down with the ship.

Some things in mafia games that typically identify mafia:

Lurking - being online without posting in the day phase is always a good sign that the player might be mafia. Sometimes inactivity (not posting much) helps the mafia because it keeps suspicion off of them. However it can also draw suspicion towards you. Be careful with every post.

Accusations - Someone made a stupid mistake so you should capitalize on it and get that person lynched! Not always a good idea because if everyone else realizes that it was just a mistake they might get suspicious of you for pressuring everyone to lynch someone who just made an obvious error.

Lying - self explanatory

Bandwagoning - A player gets one vote then both mafia members vote for the person so now he has three votes and is one away from being lynched.

Hammering - Being the one to kill the enemy especially if there's no real reason to do so. Get in before the end and allow someone else to make the final decision.

Voting without a reason - Make sure you don't just randomly vote for someone without saying anything. Make your vote then explain why you are voting that way. Have a reason for everything you do and make sure the reason makes sense. This allows you to appear as a legit townie.

Saying you are mafia - as stupid as it sounds sometimes people admit it before they are lynched. Also after you are lynched share no information because you could be hurting your teammate.

Agreeing on everything - disagree and disagree on the forum so everyone can see you disagree. Don't ever appear to always agree with each other. Convince each other of things on the forums.

Also on Voting without a reason - you can vote on someone randomly in the beginning just say "to start out the game" "to get the ball rolling" You can even make a joke of it at first. Just beware of doing it after the beginning. You will be found out as mafia. So again have a reason even if that reason is "just a random choice using a random number generator"

in role games it's best to pick the player who is the biggest threat to your team based first upon the role then upon players skill.

the day phase is up here: http://www.debate.org......

You can choose to post a lot, you can choose to post very little. Take advice from above ^^ for how not to be caught as a mafia member. And basically you want the townies to lynch themselves. That's your primary goal. The townies think you are all townies.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 5:19:29 PM
Thanks for the game, askbob ^_^ Other than when I got annoyed at rogue and threatened to lynch myself, it was pretty fun lol. I've never played a role-playing game before so it was pretty cool.

And thanks for the kudos :)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 5:20:11 PM
At 1/21/2011 5:19:29 PM, nonentity wrote:
Thanks for the game, askbob ^_^ Other than when I got annoyed at rogue and threatened to lynch myself, it was pretty fun lol. I've never played a role-playing game before so it was pretty cool.

no problemo, sign up for the next game that will involve book characters
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 5:23:22 PM
At 1/21/2011 5:19:29 PM, nonentity wrote:

Great job nonentity.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2011 7:52:51 PM
Woot, go town. And yeah, great calls with your power nonentity!

Would it have been smarter for me to have picked nonentity DP1? I figured if I was wrong about M.Torres, at least it would leave the town a clue if he killed me.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 1:10:36 AM
At 1/21/2011 7:52:51 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Woot, go town. And yeah, great calls with your power nonentity!

Would it have been smarter for me to have picked nonentity DP1? I figured if I was wrong about M.Torres, at least it would leave the town a clue if he killed me.

I still don't know what a mason recruiter does? lol What happens if you recruit a townie?

Anyways, thanks. You were a huge asset while you were alive though ^_^
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 1:14:56 AM
At 1/22/2011 1:10:36 AM, nonentity wrote:
I still don't know what a mason recruiter does? lol What happens if you recruit a townie?

The townie in this game joined bluesteel in a private message that the could discuss strategy in during both the day and the night phase. In some games the recruiter dies if he attempts to recruit mafia, thus all recuits would be automatically confirmed town. In this game the mafia could join the pm and act as a spy.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 1:21:52 AM
At 1/22/2011 1:14:56 AM, askbob wrote:

The townie in this game joined bluesteel in a private message that the could discuss strategy in during both the day and the night phase. In some games the recruiter dies if he attempts to recruit mafia, thus all recuits would be automatically confirmed town. In this game the mafia could join the pm and act as a spy.

Ohh that's a pretty sweet power. Does the pm only last for one day phase or is it until one of them is killed?
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2011 1:37:21 AM
At 1/22/2011 1:21:52 AM, nonentity wrote:
At 1/22/2011 1:14:56 AM, askbob wrote:

Ohh that's a pretty sweet power. Does the pm only last for one day phase or is it until one of them is killed?

until they are killed