Jump to topic:

Battle of the Books Mafia - Day Phase 3

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 2:49:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"There is nothing more stimulating than a case where everything goes against you"

"Never fear quarrels, but seek adventures. I have taught you how to handle a sword; you have thews of iron, a wrist of steel. Fight on all occasions. Fight the more for duels being forbidden, since consequently there is twice as much courage in fighting."

Active Players:
1. timbeech
2. M.Torres
3. nonentity
4. rogue
5. bluesteel
6. Freeman
7. Superboy777
8. annhasle
9. Paradigm_Lost
10. Sportsguru

Graveyard:

No Lynch DP 1

1. Korashk - Townie - Mason Recruiter - Aramis - Killed NP 1

2. HatedeatH - Townie - Cop - Sherlock Holmes - Lynched DP 2

3. popculturepooka - Townie - Vigilante - D'Artagnan - Killed NP 2
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:09:54 PM
OMG dude, SOOOO lame. I can't believe they actually got us to lynch our own cop! (been holding that in for awhile) So pissed.

Sorry - if you're reading this hatedeath.

Rogue's role claim actually sounded legit too... But then again, askbob admitted last beginner game that he gave the mafia fake role claims that they could claim without counter-claim. Maybe he did that for them this time too since it's a beginner game.

We should hear from rogue before we do anything final, but I think obvious = obvious.

VTL rogue

And they got our vig too - wtf.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:11:50 PM
Lynch-O-Tron:

rogue - (1/6) - bluesteel
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:18:43 PM
Yah, I read through the last day phase and came to two conclusions---either rogue is mafia or rogue and hatedeath actually had similar roles and rogue honestly believed hatedeath was lying.

I'll wait to see what rogue has to say before voting to lynch.

This sucks... because I role-blocked PCP, thinking that I could gauge what he had to say about being role-blocked because I didn't believe his character claim... and now he's dead. I realize this probably makes me look more suspicious, but I really think everyone (except the doctor) needs to come out and say what they did last night.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:30:36 PM
At 1/26/2011 3:18:43 PM, nonentity wrote:
Yah, I read through the last day phase and came to two conclusions---either rogue is mafia or rogue and hatedeath actually had similar roles and rogue honestly believed hatedeath was lying.

Well when hatedeath came up innocent, I read back as well to see what happened. It didn't look like a mistake. Rogue claimed to have used her power on hatedeath somehow, and the lie detector power doesn't lie...

I'll wait to see what rogue has to say before voting to lynch.

This sucks... because I role-blocked PCP, thinking that I could gauge what he had to say about being role-blocked because I didn't believe his character claim... and now he's dead. I realize this probably makes me look more suspicious, but I really think everyone (except the doctor) needs to come out and say what they did last night.

That's awfully convenient, since I would have expected the vig to kill rogue after last DP.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:32:31 PM
This is stupid.

I'm Tom Sawyer, and I'm the Role Stealer. I say this now because we have a serious problem. Rogue's story is correct. I forced her to investigate Hate because I thought Sherlock Holmes was too obvious. I did this because I honestly thought Holden was cop (for reasons said last thread).

It is for this reason I'm confused. Everything adds up except for the fact Hate WAS our cop. I agree with the above, Non, either Rogue is lying (which is possible as she would have been aware she was forced) or we had two Investigate roles. The latter is least likely because Rogue said Hate was guilty. Therefore, to pressure to explain as best as she frickin' can, I VTL Rogue.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:34:13 PM
Lynch-O-Tron:

rogue - (2/6) - bluesteel - M.Torres
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:34:19 PM
At 1/26/2011 3:30:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:

That's awfully convenient, since I would have expected the vig to kill rogue after last DP.

I had no way of knowing he was the vigilante. I honestly thought his character claim was suspicious. I did ask in the other thread who people thought I should role-block and nobody said anything. But since it doesn't seem to benefit the town in any way then I just won't use it.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 3:36:04 PM
We need to Google those quotes in the OP.

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:02:51 PM
At 1/26/2011 3:32:31 PM, M.Torres wrote:
This is stupid.

I'm Tom Sawyer, and I'm the Role Stealer. I say this now because we have a serious problem. Rogue's story is correct. I forced her to investigate Hate because I thought Sherlock Holmes was too obvious. I did this because I honestly thought Holden was cop (for reasons said last thread).

It is for this reason I'm confused. Everything adds up except for the fact Hate WAS our cop. I agree with the above, Non, either Rogue is lying (which is possible as she would have been aware she was forced) or we had two Investigate roles. The latter is least likely because Rogue said Hate was guilty. Therefore, to pressure to explain as best as she frickin' can, I VTL Rogue.:

Interesting point, VTL Rogue
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:50:50 PM
This is stupid.

It is for this reason I'm confused. Everything adds up except for the fact Hate WAS our cop. I agree with the above, Non, either Rogue is lying (which is possible as she would have been aware she was forced) or we had two Investigate roles. The latter is least likely because Rogue said Hate was guilty. Therefore, to pressure to explain as best as she frickin' can, I VTL Rogue.

Did you do anything last phase?

I don't know if we all ought vote for rogue. Sure, everything looks really bad for her, but it seems that her role was stolen.

Torres, when you steal someone's roles, are you informed what it is, so that you know what to do with it? Or are you just shooting in the dark on them?

Also, does everyone have a role except for the other two musketeers?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 5:12:01 PM
So it seems it's been a pattern to kill off my fellow musketeers. We need to be smart this day phase. We played right into the mafia's hands last day phase. Killing rogue early doesn't help. We have enough pressure with 4/6 to get some intel.
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 5:47:54 PM
Alright, so, I am terribly sorry about what happened yesterday. I honestly thought by the time I got on today I'd already be lynched. I will not blame you if you lynch me. So, last night I had a long discussion about my role with askbob. My role seriously makes no sense. I don't understand it. At this point the only explanation I can think of is that everyone I investigate turns up "phoney". Maybe this is because Holden thinks almost everyone is phoney in the book. If you think about the things I said, does it make sense for me to have lied yesterday? Why would I make up a really intricate lie just to have one townie killed, just to be lynched the next day? A townie probably would have been killed yesterday anyway. Look back at the thread, it really makes no sense for me to do that if I am mafia. Here is what I know now. Since she was town, I think that what she said about Superboy is true. Also, Oreele doubted what I said, so I think that also clears him. A mafia wouldn't have doubted me, they would have gone in for the townie kill. The same person persuaded me to investigate Ann last night and askbob said she was phoney, but seeing as I cannot trust what the conclusion from askbob is anymore, I am not particularly suspicious of her. I am really frustrated because I do not understand my role at all now. Lynch me, I wouldn't mind, but you will be lynching a townie.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 5:55:35 PM
Lynch-O-Tron:

rogue - (4/6) - bluesteel - M.Torres - timbeech - Paradigm_Lost
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:15:26 PM
At 1/26/2011 5:47:54 PM, rogue wrote:
Alright, so, I am terribly sorry about what happened yesterday. I honestly thought by the time I got on today I'd already be lynched. I will not blame you if you lynch me. So, last night I had a long discussion about my role with askbob. My role seriously makes no sense. I don't understand it. At this point the only explanation I can think of is that everyone I investigate turns up "phoney". Maybe this is because Holden thinks almost everyone is phoney in the book. If you think about the things I said, does it make sense for me to have lied yesterday? Why would I make up a really intricate lie just to have one townie killed, just to be lynched the next day? A townie probably would have been killed yesterday anyway. Look back at the thread, it really makes no sense for me to do that if I am mafia. Here is what I know now. Since she was town, I think that what she said about Superboy is true. Also, Oreele doubted what I said, so I think that also clears him. A mafia wouldn't have doubted me, they would have gone in for the townie kill. The same person persuaded me to investigate Ann last night and askbob said she was phoney, but seeing as I cannot trust what the conclusion from askbob is anymore, I am not particularly suspicious of her. I am really frustrated because I do not understand my role at all now. Lynch me, I wouldn't mind, but you will be lynching a townie.

WOW. Seriously lame. That completely sucks. I thought at the least you could be some secondary-form of an Investigation role. But the "everyone's a phoney" thing makes sense, considering Holden Caulfield is the character.

Geez, now we're back to square one. Did ANYONE else get any sort of information? If you have it, it will be very helpful to the Town to reveal. Looks like my NP2 action was wasted. xP

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:19:17 PM
At 1/26/2011 4:50:50 PM, OreEle wrote:
This is stupid.

Did you do anything last phase?

I don't know if we all ought vote for rogue. Sure, everything looks really bad for her, but it seems that her role was stolen.

Torres, when you steal someone's roles, are you informed what it is, so that you know what to do with it? Or are you just shooting in the dark on them?

Also, does everyone have a role except for the other two musketeers?

Yes. I was betting Rogue was at least some sort of investigate role, but apparently she's powerless. So I tried to force her to investigate Ann to check the Musketeer thing (I brought this up in the forum).

I only know what we know in the forum, and Askbob only confirms he is aware of my intentions during the Night Phase. I do not know the results until the next Day Phase along with everyone else. So yeah, it's a shot in the dark (except for confirmed info that I know).

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:26:24 PM
Also, for now, I'm giving Rogue the benefit of the doubt. Unvote.

-------------

Now for what we know.

Super must be in the clear, as Hate investigated him.

My suspicions on the Musketeers still exists.

Concerning Nonentity, can we check her claim? If PCP had used his power, would a target have died even when he was killed, or would the kill negate his power?

----------

I have a new suspicion that I just realized when I read Bluesteel's first post. Bluesteel has been known to be a VERY involved Townie (from my last two games with him). OreEle can confirm this. This game, he has become one of the absentees (ironic due to his hate of lurkers).

I just want to point this out, as a potential new lead. But it doesn't immediately incriminate him.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:27:12 PM
At 1/26/2011 6:22:41 PM, Charr wrote:
At 12/31/2010 8:05:24 PM, Superboy777 wrote
wait, i say charr

wait, i say bleusteel

WTH?

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:39:15 PM
wait, i say charr

wait, i say bleusteel

wtf dude? wrong thread?
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:39:57 PM
At 1/26/2011 6:39:15 PM, askbob wrote:
wait, i say charr

wait, i say bleusteel

wtf dude? wrong thread?

And wrong date?? That was from a MONTH ago.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 6:45:55 PM
At 1/26/2011 6:26:24 PM, M.Torres wrote:
Concerning Nonentity, can we check her claim? If PCP had used his power, would a target have died even when he was killed, or would the kill negate his power?

It is possible she blocked him. Askbob confirmed had he used his power, a Mafia would have died. The problem is we do not know if PCP used his power, though I would think he'd have tried to kill Rogue. On the whole, this places Nonentity in a mostly positive light.

annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 7:09:23 PM
I don't know what to say... I'm completely confused now. But if rogue's role power can't be trusted, then I see little reason to keep her in the game. I mean, it just creates more confusion and she can't even properly use it since she's "persuaded" to act differently than she wants to. Plus, she found me as "phony" when I'm a townie... I seriously don't know what to do.

VTL rogue
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 7:12:41 PM
At 1/26/2011 7:09:23 PM, annhasle wrote:
I don't know what to say... I'm completely confused now. But if rogue's role power can't be trusted, then I see little reason to keep her in the game. I mean, it just creates more confusion and she can't even properly use it since she's "persuaded" to act differently than she wants to. Plus, she found me as "phony" when I'm a townie... I seriously don't know what to do.

VTL rogue

I addressed all of your concerns in my posts Ann. Have you read them?

annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 7:17:42 PM
At 1/26/2011 7:12:41 PM, M.Torres wrote:

VTL rogue

Yes, but I'm still maintaining my vote on rogue unless other leads appear. Do we know if bluesteel has a role power?
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 7:19:37 PM
At 1/26/2011 7:17:42 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 1/26/2011 7:12:41 PM, M.Torres wrote:

VTL rogue

Yes, but I'm still maintaining my vote on rogue unless other leads appear. Do we know if bluesteel has a role power?

No. And honestly, I think its a legitimate suspicion. I mean, he has been very unlike himself this game.