Total Posts:27|Showing Posts:1-27
Jump to topic:

Dr. Seuss vs Roald Dahl MAFIA - TOWN WIN!

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 9:30:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
TOWN
----Chrysippus, mongeese [2]: You are CHARLIE BUCKET, a BOY ON AN ADVENTURE. Despite being ridiculously poor, you found one of Wonka's golden tickets and now you're going to see his chocolate factory with your grandfather. You don't have any powers, but a strange adventure awaits you and you never know what might happen…

---ccstate4peat, mattrodstrom: You are JAMES HENRY TROTTER, a BOY ON AN ADVENTURE. Your parents were eaten by an escaped Rhinoceros and you were sent to live with your two horrible aunts, Spiker and Sponge. After spilling some magical beans on a peach tree, you woke the next day to find a peach as big as a house filled with giant talking insects. You don't have any powers, but a strange adventure awaits you and you never known what might happen…

---bluesteel: You are WILLY WONKA, the INVENTOR. You really, really love candy and consequently make the best and most magical candy in the world, like Everlasting Gobstoppers and Ice-cream that doesn't melt. However, the testing process can be… unpredictable. Each night you may choose whether or not to give your latest invention to another player to try. There is a 20% chance it will cause something bad (but not fatal) to happen to them.

---Alex: You are MATILDA WORMWOOD, the VIGILANTE. You are a child prodigy, ignored and mistreated by your horrible family. One day you discover you have telekinetic powers and begin to use them to punish the bad people around you. Each night you may choose one player to kill.

---Mongoose: You are FANTASTIC MR. FOX, the BULLETPROOF. In order to feed your family, you steal food from local farmers. When they begin to hunt you, you decide to build a tunnel from your den directly to their food supply. Despite their best efforts, they cannot catch you or your friends. You cannot be killed at night.

---OreEle: You are THE BIG FRIENDLY GIANT, the DREAM-BLOWER. You collect nice dreams and blow them in through the windows of children. You collect bad dreams and either dispose of them or use them to cause the other (bad) giants to fight. Each night you may investigate one person and choose another player you think is innocent. If you find a guilty, you will anonymously send a dream to your other selected player, incriminating the guilty person. You will not know if you are successful unless the other player mentions it in-game.

---Badger, Koopin: You are LUKE EVESHIM, the ONE-SHOT WATCHER. You found out about the world of witches from your grandmother and are very wary of the signs of a witch. Any one night you may choose a player and see anyone who visits them during that night…

---theLwerd: You are THE GIRL WITH THE MAGIC FINGER, the GIRL WITH THE MAGIC FINGER. You are the unnamed narrator of "The Magic Finger" who watches her nasty neighbours and deals out punishment with your magic finger. Of course, you have no control over what will happen when you use it. Each night you can choose a player; If they are guilty, something unexpected (but not fatal) will happen to them.

---Wjmelements, annhasle: You are GEORGE HENRY KRANKY, the POTION MAKER. In an attempt to make your grandmother nicer, you threw together some ingredients around your house and ended up making both a growing and a shrinking potion. Each night, you brew a potion. There is a 50% chance that it will make a BULLETPROOF potion and a 50% chance it will make a ROLE-DISABLING potion. Either way, you can choose who to use it on, not including yourself.

---Mongeese: You are MUGGLE-WUMP, the TRAPPER. You and your family are tormented by the horrible Twits, until the Roly-Poly Bird arrives and tells you how to get revenge… Each night you may choose one player. If that player is visited by anyone for any reason, they will be trapped and unable to do anything the next Night Phase.

MAFIA
---Belle: You are THE CAT IN THE HAT, the TROUBLE-MAKER. You just want to have fun; unfortunately your idea of fun usually involves destroying the entire house. Each night you may target someone and unleash unpredictable disaster upon them.

---Lovelife: You are THE GRINCH, the NINJA FRAMER.
You are a bitter, cave-dwelling, green, cat-like creature with a heart "two sizes too small," that lives on snowy Mount Crumpit, north of Whoville. Unfortunately for them, you are also very sneaky. You cannot be investigated guilty. You cannot be tracked. You will not be seen by the watcher. You will appear innocent upon death. Each night you can choose one player and they will appear guilty upon investigation.

---Charr, Korashk: You are SAM I AM, the EXTENDED ROLE-BLOCKER. You think everyone should eat Green Eggs and Ham and insist that they do. Each night you may target someone and pester them with Green Eggs and Ham so much they can't use their role for two nights. However, once they try the Green Eggs.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 9:32:10 PM
DAY PHASE ONE:
belle is lynched

NIGHT PHASE ONE:
bluesteel gives invention to Lwerd (63/100, positive) (LYNCH PROOF)
Mafia use their kill on mongoose. (BULLETPROOF)
OreEle investigated Lwerd and sent the dream to bluesteel (OK)
Lwerd used her finger on lovelife. (CANCELLED OUT)
Alex killed lovelife (CANCELLED OUT)
lovelife framed Lwerd (OK)
Chrysippus was given the option to protect lovelife and took it. (100% of Boy on an Adventure, lovelife was protected)
Char role blocked Lwerd (OK)
ccstate4peat did not submit a night action. (100% of Boy on an Adventure, lovelife was protected)

DAY PHASE TWO:
Lwerd is lynch proof.
Noone is lynched.

NIGHT PHASE TWO:
Alex killed mongeese
mongeese protects himself.
bluesteel gives invention to annhasle (58/100, positive) (IMMUNE TO ROLES)
OreEle investigates Lwerd and send the dream to mongoose.
Korashk roleblocks ann, but fails.
Koopin watches nobody.
theLwerd was still roleblocked.
annhasle made a potion (14/100, growing potion) and used it on OreEle
mafia kill bluesteel.
lovelife frames mongoose.

Chrysippus & mattrodstrom were given the irrelevant option to lick the wallpaper.

DAY PHASE THREE:
bluesteel was night killed.
mongeese was lynched.

NIGHT PHASE THREE:
annhasle brewed the GROWING potion and used it on nobody
OreEle investigated mattrodstrom and sent the dream to Lwerd
Alex wanted to kill Lwerd, but was trapped from the previous night phase.
Koopin watches Lwerd
Lwerd fingers Chrysippus
mafia kill mattrodstrom
lovelife frames theLwerd
Korashk blocks ann

DAY PHASE FOUR:
mattrodstrom was killed.
lovelife was lynched.

NIGHT PHASE FOUR:
Alex kills Korashk
annhasle is roleblocked!
OreEle investigated Koopin and sent the dream to theLwerd
Koopin tracks ann
Lwerd fingers mongeese
mafia kill Alex
Korashk blocks Alex

Muh threads
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 9:38:24 PM
Nice - good job guys. Wow, grinch was mad powerful. And I so called BS on Charr's character claim!
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 9:53:10 PM
At 1/29/2011 9:38:24 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Nice - good job guys. Wow, grinch was mad powerful. And I so called BS on Charr's character claim!

,( T.T

So tv, believe me now?

I am not that good!
I'm only good when I have a good team (no offense)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 9:55:08 PM
At 1/29/2011 9:38:24 PM, bluesteel wrote:

Also

You will not be seen by the watcher.

I forgot that part when making a bs claim. Like halfway forgot...>.>
Idk what I was thinking Dx
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 9:57:52 PM
Lwerd fingers Chrysippus

The fvck is going on?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 10:22:39 PM
At 1/29/2011 9:57:52 PM, lovelife wrote:
Lwerd fingers Chrysippus

The fvck is going on?

>:)

Muh threads
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2011 10:29:02 PM
At 1/29/2011 10:22:39 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 1/29/2011 9:57:52 PM, lovelife wrote:
Lwerd fingers Chrysippus

The fvck is going on?

>:)

And mongeese. L does vi know your fingering half of DDO?!
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 1:27:35 AM
At 1/29/2011 9:23:10 PM, Korashk wrote:
I'm tired of this. VTL Korashk

That should be the hammer. I'm the last mafia.

The fvck, not even an attempt to BS. I just now read through the dp.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 8:08:14 AM
At 1/29/2011 9:30:34 PM, tvellalott wrote:
---theLwerd: You are THE GIRL WITH THE MAGIC FINGER, the GIRL WITH THE MAGIC FINGER.

Interesting game to say the least!

At 1/14/2011 11:00:53 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Your affiliation is so glaringly obvious by this point that I wonder why you even bother.

At 1/14/2011 5:02:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I've never been more convinced of someone's guilt.

At 1/14/2011 7:33:31 PM, mongoose wrote:
there is a 99% chance that you are mafia.

At 1/15/2011 1:40:23 AM, OreEle wrote:
When it comes to theLwerd, I've already moved on to trying to find the next mafia.
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 9:41:14 AM
At 1/30/2011 8:08:14 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/29/2011 9:30:34 PM, tvellalott wrote:
---theLwerd: You are THE GIRL WITH THE MAGIC FINGER, the GIRL WITH THE MAGIC FINGER.

Interesting game to say the least!

At 1/14/2011 11:00:53 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
Your affiliation is so glaringly obvious by this point that I wonder why you even bother.

At 1/14/2011 5:02:12 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I've never been more convinced of someone's guilt.

At 1/14/2011 7:33:31 PM, mongoose wrote:
there is a 99% chance that you are mafia.

At 1/15/2011 1:40:23 AM, OreEle wrote:
When it comes to theLwerd, I've already moved on to trying to find the next mafia.

L, I hope you know that I said that so that the mafia didn't frame you again, right? Since I was planning on re-investigating you ever since Bluesteel said that there was something funny about the dream.

Anyway, Great Job town!!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 11:19:29 AM
At 1/30/2011 10:02:10 AM, OreEle wrote:
And Damn, Lovelife had a crazy power role. There is no way around it.

No way around what?

My original plan was something like
DP1, mislynch/no lynch
NP1, frame L, kill someone random
DP2, lynch L
Then hopefully she would be a replacement and join and save my @ss. (I already suspected charr wouldn't be too active)
But noooo we couldn't lynch her >.>

Of course I had to change my plans like 50,000 times cause the dumb town wouldn't just do what I planned.
Eventually when it seemed like I would die if I didn't have L's support I appealed to her ego, sort of buddied up and let the town say how ridiculous they were being (In all honesty tho it was ridiculous, we had been trying to get each other lynched all game, she was putting the FoS on *ME* when she couldn't be lynched, and you were planning on lynhing us *BOTH* that is a bit ridiculous.)

Eventually it seemed like I wouldn't die, or that if I did die I could take down OreEle and then Koopin and possibly L...maybe.

Meanwhile I was trying to think of a fake role (I actually had one picked out before the mass claim but didn't want to seem to eager to share, and also wanted to offer common sense of HELLO you don't MASS CLAIM on DP1)

Belle told me I should go for beloved princess or hated townie with the teachers from matilda.
I was seriously debating it in my head but decided for some reason that beloved princess would be CC'd (idk why I thought there would be one)
The first time it looked like I would die tv was laughing at me and told me I had chosen the wrong one and now its too late to fix it.
Fvck you, you could have told me BEFORE I claimed :p

The whole game was frustrating me with the constant "omg lovelife must be mafia. Just ONE more vote" like ffs either believe me to be a good mafia player and have all the other stuff as evidence of me being townie, or think I'm a dumbass horrible mafia player and the slip ups are from that. Its really fvcking hard to prove myself when you guys think both.

But yes this game I decided I would change my playing style. The first few games I was always told by the mafia (mostly tv...) that the best way to confirm yourself is to act cool, and don't let them see you panic.
But then in the PM game I played askbob used evidence of "seeming too calm" as evidence of Alex being mafia.
So I figured I had to change things up anyway so I tried to copy L in my own sort of way. Mostly just yelling at the town and calling them dumb and stuff, figured they respect that since they follow L when they "know" she is guilty too.

All in all this game was a huge frustration to me. But I got my role and I was like "Holy sh!t dude I'm unstoppable! >:)"
And it seemed like it would b amazing....but L ruined t the most I think. Her and koopin.
Fvck koopin btw.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 11:45:20 AM
At 1/30/2011 11:19:29 AM, lovelife wrote:
when she couldn't be lynched, and you were planning on lynhing us *BOTH* that is a bit ridiculous.)

I know! This is when I thought [people who shall not be named] were being the dumbest. They were near certain of your guilt and I was pushing to get you lynched, as I had pushed belle to be lynched... why would I be trying to get 2 of my teammates killed?! At that point, I was almost positive you were third party. I thought lovelife had some third party survivor role or survivor win conditions or something like that.

Lovelife's role WAS over-powered, but considering there was a 10:3 townie to mafia ratio I think it was appropriate given some of the townie roles (like bulletproof). I thought Charr's character claim was awesome. The mafia could have done a few things better to earn the win -- first, not get belle lynched so early! Second, lovelife should have had a better claim. Third, the mafia should have been way more strategic so that even upon lovelife's death, her 'innocent' appearance could have incriminated a few others (like what was about to happen to OreEle when we saw lovelife is innocent, had Korashk not been caught in a bad CC).

Lovelife - you ARE a good mafia player because you're so all over the place and dramatic in general that it's near impossible to tell if you are lying or not. You just have to work on strategy :)

Bluesteel giving me that anti-lynch thing actually saved the day lol.
President of DDO
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 11:48:00 AM
@ll

lol, I'm really glad I gave L that candy in retrospect, seeing as your whole strategy seemed to hinge on her getting lynched
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 12:42:31 PM
At 1/30/2011 11:45:20 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 1/30/2011 11:19:29 AM, lovelife wrote:
when she couldn't be lynched, and you were planning on lynhing us *BOTH* that is a bit ridiculous.)

I know! This is when I thought [people who shall not be named] were being the dumbest. They were near certain of your guilt and I was pushing to get you lynched, as I had pushed belle to be lynched... why would I be trying to get 2 of my teammates killed?! At that point, I was almost positive you were third party. I thought lovelife had some third party survivor role or survivor win conditions or something like that.

I was actually waiting for tv to answer my question so I could lie again.
I wasn't sure how I would appear innocent so I was thinking I should claim a survivor role and tell you all "Yeah I lied not my style but again I'm just third party PLEASE don't kill me!!!!!"

Lovelife's role WAS over-powered, but considering there was a 10:3 townie to mafia ratio I think it was appropriate given some of the townie roles (like bulletproof).

Yeah after seeing what you guys had I was like "ahhh sh!t winning wont be so easy >.>"

I thought Charr's character claim was awesome.

Charr wanted to claim a townie role blocker lol.

The mafia could have done a few things better to earn the win -- first, not get belle lynched so early! Second, lovelife should have had a better claim. Third, the mafia should have been way more strategic so that even upon lovelife's death, her 'innocent' appearance could have incriminated a few others (like what was about to happen to OreEle when we saw lovelife is innocent, had Korashk not been caught in a bad CC).

Yeah. The korashk thing makes meh a bit angry lol xD
Especially since he didn't even fight it he was like "eh, I lose interest so I'll just end it I'm in the mafia haha"

Lovelife - you ARE a good mafia player because you're so all over the place and dramatic in general that it's near impossible to tell if you are lying or not. You just have to work on strategy :)

Haha thanks, I'm still sure it comes down to having a good team tho. I can be good if there is a leader that I can rely on but when the pressure is on me I just explode lol.

Bluesteel giving me that anti-lynch thing actually saved the day lol.

Yeah. Fvck him.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 12:42:55 PM
At 1/30/2011 11:48:00 AM, bluesteel wrote:
@ll

lol, I'm really glad I gave L that candy in retrospect, seeing as your whole strategy seemed to hinge on her getting lynched

I regret not killing you np1 -glares-
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 12:50:05 PM
At 1/30/2011 12:42:55 PM, lovelife wrote:
@ll

lol, that would have been even worse for your plan; my power still went through if I died (remember it went to annhasle), but then I wouldn't have been alive to report on your frame job of L
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 1:46:27 PM
At 1/30/2011 12:50:05 PM, bluesteel wrote:
@ll

lol, that would have been even worse for your plan; my power still went through if I died (remember it went to annhasle), but then I wouldn't have been alive to report on your frame job of L

True.

I still wish you were role blocked NP1 instead of L
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 3:01:17 PM
@ll

So why did you try to kill me?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 3:52:21 PM
Successful game is successful?

Muh threads
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 4:01:40 PM
At 1/30/2011 3:01:17 PM, mongoose wrote:
@ll

So why did you try to kill me?

We were trying to find someone that town was likely not to kill, and that was enough off the radar where it wouldn't be tracked to either of us.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 10:04:47 PM
At 1/30/2011 3:52:21 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Successful game is successful?

Yeah, awesome game. Really fun, for the part of it that I got to play. Thanks TV!
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2011 10:16:53 PM
it was a good game- a lot of interesting and creatively done roles. the only (small) complaint i have is that by using almost all title characters for the town you make it prohibitively difficult for the mafia to claim anything... we were practically all fingered the first day from claims alone.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:22:57 AM
At 1/30/2011 10:16:53 PM, belle wrote:
it was a good game- a lot of interesting and creatively done roles. the only (small) complaint i have is that by using almost all title characters for the town you make it prohibitively difficult for the mafia to claim anything... we were practically all fingered the first day from claims alone.

yar.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:30:17 AM
At 1/30/2011 10:16:53 PM, belle wrote:

Definately. I'm going for something completely unique or at the very least something with a huge character base for my next game. This one was actually an experiment in adding a 'dice' aspect to the game.

Muh threads