Beginner Game 2-1 DP 1

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 12:47:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules:

1. You may not screenprint your role pm or any pms for any reason. Ever. This will never change. Do it and I will modkill you. You may also not copy and paste the contents of your role pm. You may only summarize.

2. You may not be inactive for an entire day phase, otherwise you will be replaced

3. You must ask all private questions in your role pm.

4. You must vote for a person in bold Example: "Vote john"

5. You may unvote at any time in bold

6. Once a majority of votes has been obtained on a player in the day phase, or the mafia have selected him to be killed at night, the player will be lynched (removed from the game) and may not post in any of the threads or pms. The person is out of the game and may not post.

7. Townies may be considered for replacements

8. Please ask me unlimited amounts of questions via pms.

9. You may not communicate with anyone about this game in Private Messages unless I have created the Private Message and am a part of the private message. If anyone else is doing this, it is cheating. Report them immediately.

10. Please be active and post.

11. When a player reaches the required number of votes they are lynched. No matter if I'm online or not.

Role PMs are being sent out currently. Mafia players will receive a PM which will inform them that they are mafia. A Private Message will be created between the mafia members and myself by myself. Townie players will receive a PM which will inform that they are townie and nothing else. No PM will be created for Townies. Mafia will know who the townies are and who the mafia are. Townies will not know who the townies or the mafia are.

The mafia goal is to survive without being lynched (voted off) during the day phase. They will try to kill off who they perceive to be the most valuable townie player at night. When the number of townies are equal to the number of mafia, the mafia will win. The reason for is this because with 2 townies and 2 mafia, the mafia will just not vote. This will cause a "no-lynch" where no one is lynched and the game proceeds to the night phase where the mafia will kill off a townie and then lynch the next one during the next day phase as they will then have the majority of 2 to 1. The townies win by killing all of the mafia

The townie goal is to prevent the mafia goal of winning and to eliminate all mafia players. The game will not end with a townie victory unless all mafia players have been eliminated.

As soon as a player has been lynched (voted out) the dead persons allegiance (townie or mafia) will be announced and the game will change from day phase to night phase. What this means is that the mafia will kill someone and have time to decide who they will kill. During this time there will be no posting in the day phase. After the kill has been decided, the next day phase will immediately start and the killed player will be announced along with his allegiance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are two mafia players

It takes 5 votes to lynch

There are no roles, everyone is either a plain townie or a plain mafia.

Active Players:

1. Logic_on_rails
2. mattrodstrom
3. m93samman
4. HatedeatH
5. Timbeech
6. Cosmic Alfonzo
7. Atheism
8. Sangers
9. Superboy777
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 12:52:02 PM
"I'd also say that it is not good enough just to suspect people, you have to believe it enough to say "I don't believe you" and follow up on it, and try to get others to believe it. I mean, if someone says "I think OreEle is bulling on that claim" but does squat with it later (doesn't follow up, doesn't keep pushing to get more info, or try to convince others about it), then they might as well not have said it.

So as mafia, if someone questions me, unless they push and/or others start to ask for clarification, it is safe to simply ignore it, and that actually helps the mafia. Basically, if you are suspicious of someone, don't let it go, unless you get good reason to, and keep pushing, even if everyone else switches to someone else (that may have come up guilty by a cop, or admitted to being a role blocker/ role switcher). Keep pushing until you get an answer.

At its very basic nature, this is a game of the informed minority (the mafia) vs the uninformed majority (the town), so the more info that can be sent out to the town (without outing important info to the mafia) helps them to drop that "uninformed" handicap."

Quote from an experienced player who happened to be mafia at the time.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 12:53:12 PM
1. There is never a rule based on past games:

"Askbob never did X in past games therefore he won't do it in this game"

I am apt to do whatever I please. Only the rules are for certain

2. No mafia game will give you the number of mafia, only in beginner games will this sometimes happen.

3. I will give advice just not game information

4. only ask questions to me in a pm

5. Remember that there are mafia members who are actively lying, don't bandwagon and do have independent thoughts
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 12:59:09 PM
VTL Atheism

Just to get the game rolling
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:00:38 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

Atheism - (1/5) - m39samman
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:01:31 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:00:38 PM, askbob wrote:
Lynch-O-Tron

Atheism - (1/5) - m93samman

Get it right man. It's m93, jeez...
:
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:02:03 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:01:31 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 1/31/2011 1:00:38 PM, askbob wrote:
Lynch-O-Tron

Atheism - (1/5) - m93samman

Get it right man. It's m93, jeez...

lol
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:03:49 PM
I think this game is gonna be really bland with no roles at all. I actually think a no lynch would be better in the first DP so we can see who the mafia kills, maybe it'll point to something.

Unvote Atheism

Vote No Lynch
:
:
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:04:03 PM
<b>VTL m93samman
</b>

How dare ye attempt to rally the town into murdering a man who may or may not be innocent. For shame.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:05:07 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:04:03 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
<b>VTL m93samman
</b>

How dare ye attempt to rally the town into murdering a man who may or may not be innocent. For shame.

That's not how you bold

And you missed my last post
:
:
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:05:28 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

No Lynch - (1/5) - m93samman

m93samman - (1/5) - Cosmic Alfonzo
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:05:57 PM
Indeed I did. Ok....

Unvote m93samman....

...For now...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:07:03 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:07:04 PM
Yep.
:
:
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:07:13 PM
Actually, I take that back. Might as well lynch someone, amirite?

Vote to lynch m93samman
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:08:43 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:07:13 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Vote to lynch m93samman

Or you're mafia trying to get a kill before the night phase begins?
:
:
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:09:32 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:08:43 PM, m93samman wrote:

Vote to lynch m93samman

You do know that if you get a bad lynch twice, and the mafia gets the two corresponding night kills, it ends up being two mafia vs. three townies? Which is not at all what we want.
:
:
Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:09:40 PM

Vote to lynch m93samman

Same logic could be applied to you.

VTL m93samman
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:10:43 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:09:40 PM, Sangers wrote:

Vote to lynch m93samman

VTL m93samman

I voted for a no lynch... wow.
:
:
Sangers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:12:10 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:10:43 PM, m93samman wrote:
At 1/31/2011 1:09:40 PM, Sangers wrote:

Vote to lynch m93samman

VTL m93samman

I voted for a no lynch... wow.

Hahahaha I know. I'm bored and just wanted to do the VTL thingy :P

Unvote m93samman
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:12:52 PM
At 1/31/2011 1:12:10 PM, Sangers wrote:

just wanted to do the VTL thingy :P

fair enough
:
:
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:15:31 PM
Can all the townies vote for a no lynch so we can end the first day phase?
:
:
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:19:56 PM
...Can anyone besides me participate?
:
:
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:20:49 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

m93samman - (1/5) - CosmicAlfonzo
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:27:34 PM
VTL CosmicAlfonzo
:
:
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:36:00 PM
Someone let me know whenever things get moving, this is ridiculous. I should be paying attention to class anyways, and this is definitely not a wise investment of my time.
:
:
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 1:39:25 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

CosmicAlfonzo - (1/5) - m93samman

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 2:07:59 PM
VTNL
We don't have sufficient info to lynch, if we do it's a 7/9 chance it's town. Let's see who the mafia kills and play it from there.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2011 2:10:45 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

CosmicAlfonzo - (1/5) - m93samman

VTNL - (2/5) - timbeech - logic_on_rails