Total Posts:113|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Who Dun It

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 6:08:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
A murder mystery game.

First person to PM me about wanting to be the killer gets to be it.

Once a day, if I'm notified of their choice, the killer will strike.

Each time the killer takes a victim they leave behind one clue which I shall reveal in this thread.

If any one person guesses who the killer is it shall be revealed and the killer will be sent to prison.

Each person is only allowed one guess per day. (make in bold)

If you are killed then you are unable to make any more guesses about who the killer is or aid the other players in guessing.

Discuss amongst yourselves here who the killer might be--BUT BEWARE--they might be among you.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 8:09:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So mafia except the loan mafia player has to give a clue?
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 8:09:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
also if each person is allowed one guess and say there are 5 people

Then you could have everyone guess everyone else and boom we know who it is.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 8:31:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 8:09:51 AM, askbob wrote:
also if each person is allowed one guess and say there are 5 people

Then you could have everyone guess everyone else and boom we know who it is.

What if the killer guesses wrong on purpose?
President of DDO
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 10:25:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 8:09:51 AM, askbob wrote:
also if each person is allowed one guess and say there are 5 people

Then you could have everyone guess everyone else and boom we know who it is.

I think it is played among the entire site, meaning it includes those that aren't really playing.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 10:38:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, since you only get one guess per day, there's no incentive to guess early (you'd want to defer the guesses the first day or two and let other people go first) to eliminate possibilities.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 10:39:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 10:25:56 AM, OreEle wrote:
I think it is played among the entire site, meaning it includes those that aren't really playing.

Then you wouldn't know when a "day" has ended.

Perhaps one guess per hour?
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 10:56:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 10:51:25 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
i'm guessing a day means a day. Granted time zone would have to be established.

o0o

Well then who would go first? As I said the incentive would be to avoid it as long as possible (or until as late in the day phase as you could) so as to narrow down the selection - at least early on.
President of DDO
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 11:07:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 10:56:20 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/8/2011 10:51:25 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
i'm guessing a day means a day. Granted time zone would have to be established.

o0o

Well then who would go first? As I said the incentive would be to avoid it as long as possible (or until as late in the day phase as you could) so as to narrow down the selection - at least early on.

The way I'm thinking is that it would be somewhat like the game of clue. Yes you want to wait as long as possible so that it narrow's down the choices but at the same time if you wait to long either A) Someone else could guess correctly or B) You could be killed
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 11:27:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 8:31:20 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/8/2011 8:09:51 AM, askbob wrote:
also if each person is allowed one guess and say there are 5 people

Then you could have everyone guess everyone else and boom we know who it is.

What if the killer guesses wrong on purpose?

Then you have it narrowed down to two people.

The killer and the player who is guessing the killer.

Since the killer most likely won't be guessing the allegiance of the person guessing the killer it should be pretty apparent who the killer is.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 11:33:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There is not a set amount of players and a day is an actual day in my time zone(pacific).

Also, there is now a killer on the loose.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 11:38:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 11:37:04 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
So everybody can participate in this if they want?

Yes.

And we are currently awaiting the first victim.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 11:38:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 11:38:00 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/8/2011 11:37:04 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
So everybody can participate in this if they want?

Yes.

And we are currently awaiting the first victim.

Oh ok. I'll check back later for the clue then.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 11:41:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/8/2011 11:38:56 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/8/2011 11:38:00 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/8/2011 11:37:04 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
So everybody can participate in this if they want?

Yes.

And we are currently awaiting the first victim.

Oh ok. I'll check back later for the clue then.

If you live to see it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 12:02:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Could be interesting. Are you basing it on an existing format? Puck ran a Cluedo game (which I epically failed at)
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 12:18:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 12:02:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Could be interesting. Are you basing it on an existing format? Puck ran a Cluedo game (which I epically failed at)

No, it's from scratch.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 12:29:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 12:18:50 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:02:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Could be interesting. Are you basing it on an existing format? Puck ran a Cluedo game (which I epically failed at)

No, it's from scratch.

Well I'll always support new game ideas.
I've been trying to think a way to convert this: http://en.wikipedia.org... to a forum game...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 12:34:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 12:29:40 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:18:50 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:02:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Could be interesting. Are you basing it on an existing format? Puck ran a Cluedo game (which I epically failed at)

No, it's from scratch.

Well I'll always support new game ideas.
I've been trying to think a way to convert this: http://en.wikipedia.org... to a forum game...

I so want to play that now. >.<
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 12:39:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 12:34:11 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:29:40 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:18:50 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:02:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Could be interesting. Are you basing it on an existing format? Puck ran a Cluedo game (which I epically failed at)

No, it's from scratch.

Well I'll always support new game ideas.
I've been trying to think a way to convert this: http://en.wikipedia.org... to a forum game...

I so want to play that now. >.<

Sounds awesome, don't it.
I'm thinking mongeeses rule debates are vaguely similar...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 12:41:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 12:39:36 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:34:11 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:29:40 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:18:50 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:02:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Could be interesting. Are you basing it on an existing format? Puck ran a Cluedo game (which I epically failed at)

No, it's from scratch.

Well I'll always support new game ideas.
I've been trying to think a way to convert this: http://en.wikipedia.org... to a forum game...

I so want to play that now. >.<

Sounds awesome, don't it.
I'm thinking mongeeses rule debates are vaguely similar...

It does sound awesome. I wish I knew of places where it's played.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 12:47:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 12:41:48 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:39:36 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:34:11 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:29:40 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:18:50 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:02:41 AM, tvellalott wrote:
Could be interesting. Are you basing it on an existing format? Puck ran a Cluedo game (which I epically failed at)

No, it's from scratch.

Well I'll always support new game ideas.
I've been trying to think a way to convert this: http://en.wikipedia.org... to a forum game...

I so want to play that now. >.<

Sounds awesome, don't it.
I'm thinking mongeeses rule debates are vaguely similar...

It does sound awesome. I wish I knew of places where it's played.

Sounds like something played on a Uni Campus.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 12:53:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm thinking of organizing the most elaborate game DDO has ever seen which involves simulating real life, complete with money, property, government, crime, families, jobs, etc.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 1:00:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 12:53:30 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm thinking of organizing the most elaborate game DDO has ever seen which involves simulating real life, complete with money, property, government, crime, families, jobs, etc.

And baby killers?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 1:03:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/9/2011 1:00:38 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/9/2011 12:53:30 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm thinking of organizing the most elaborate game DDO has ever seen which involves simulating real life, complete with money, property, government, crime, families, jobs, etc.

And baby killers?

It could happen, yes.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 1:15:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
HEADLINES

Kevin was an innocent teen described by his friends as not having any enemies. This afternoon after having a meal at his favorite restaurant, KFC, he was seen followed out, by one witness who caught a glimpse of the grizzly scene, by a person who proceeded to brutally stab him 13 times in the chest with a sharpened chicken bone.

The witness, who was at a distance, could not see anything about the attacker clearly besides that they were filming it as they did it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 1:26:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/10/2011 1:15:59 AM, FREEDO wrote:
HEADLINES

Kevin was an innocent teen described by his friends as not having any enemies. This afternoon after having a meal at his favorite restaurant, KFC, he was seen followed out, by one witness who caught a glimpse of the grizzly scene, by a person who proceeded to brutally stab him 13 times in the chest with a sharpened chicken bone.

The witness, who was at a distance, could not see anything about the attacker clearly besides that they were filming it as they did it.

xxdarkxx

Amidoinitrite?