5. Atheism
6. Freedo (original Sangers)

It takes 4 votes to lynch somebody

Graveyard:

No Lynch DP 1
1. m93samman --> Townie --> Killed NP1
2. CosmicAlfonzo --> Townie --> Lynched DP2
8. Paradigm_Lost --> Replaced by rogue -->Townie -->Killed NP2
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:28:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, first thing's first, NO ONE put a 2nd vote on anyone prematurely! If the mafia are hanging back then they'll just quickly smash 2 votes on and the mafia win. So, no one do anything stupid. By that same token, check for inactivity and such to watch for mafia. If we can somehow force the mafia in early, then the town won't get crushed by the fear of a second vote.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:34:54 PM
there's really no chance of a town win :I
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:35:51 PM
At 2/9/2011 11:34:54 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

If there was no chance the game would be over.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:37:04 PM
At 2/9/2011 11:35:51 PM, askbob wrote:

There's also really no chance of my winning the lottery...

that kind of no-chance.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:38:54 PM
At 2/9/2011 11:37:04 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 2/9/2011 11:35:51 PM, askbob wrote:

There's also really no chance of my winning the lottery...

that kind of no-chance.

you have a 50% chance of lynching one mafia now of continuing the game and whoever survives at the end will have a 50% chance of winning the game.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:38:55 PM
if anybody casts a single vote for a townie.. Probably 3 mafia will jump on, when they're all on together, and win.

Metaphysics:
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:40:12 PM
At 2/9/2011 11:38:55 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
if anybody casts a single vote for a townie.. Probably 3 mafia will jump on, when they're all on together, and win.

there are only 2 mafia players in the game. If there were 3 mafia the game would be over.

I listed the number of mafia in first day phase of the game (first post)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2011 11:42:38 PM
At 2/9/2011 11:40:12 PM, askbob wrote:
At 2/9/2011 11:38:55 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

there are only 2 mafia players in the game. If there were 3 mafia the game would be over.

I listed the number of mafia in first day phase of the game (first post)

aritey then...

Metaphysics:
timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 12:15:09 AM

...so what if we don't have a chance? This game is fun because of the challenge. I think this is where the game of Mafia gets really good! I agree with Logic. No VTL if you don't have a reason. A GOOD reason!
timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 6:26:05 PM
I have been thinking about this game. We weren't given roles so it is basically determining sides by behavior. Its curious that TV hasn't really explained the hammer. I mean is it too obvious???

Either way she needs to explain.

VTL Tvellalott
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 7:19:47 PM
I think Beech has been acting most shadyish.. I say VTL TIMBEECH

Metaphysics:
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2011 7:24:27 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

timbeech - (1/4) - mattrodstrom

tvellalot - (1/4) - timbeech
timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 10:22:49 AM
At 2/10/2011 7:26:35 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I've got my suspiciously sinister looking eyes focused on tim.

So why don't you VTL me? Is it because you are waiting for someone else to get a second vote on me and then hammer with your other mafia member? Isn't that a mafia strategy???

unvote
VTL Freedo
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:44:29 PM
TV and Atheism, get online! If you don't the only thing to assume is that you're Mafia. Also, I think it's interesting that Rogue was killed. Rogue was fairly new yet giving good analysis, I suggest the town review that analysis to determine who the Mafia are as best we can. Plus I'm likely to agree with others and say that any switched in players are not Mafia, after all, why would they miss out on their (presumed) favourite role.

Personally at this stage I'm quite suspicious of Timbeech. And Tim, before you go claiming I'm Mafia because I'm too eager, if I was wrong and the Mafia hadn't voted, this game would be over. It's also for that reason that I think you're playing too aggressively... Mafia ideas.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 3:33:40 PM
Sorry, there's just nothing to really input. FREEDO says he has his eye on... someone. Matt wants to lynch tim because of something or other. Tim called tvell a she

Not much to put, is there? The only one that doesn't look suspicious is Logic. Tvell looks really suspicious because of the hammer, but I'm sure he'll be on shortly to explain that. I want to hear why matt is suspicious of tim, why Logic is suspicious of tim, who FREEDO is suspicious of, and I also want to know tvell's input.

I suspect tvell a lot for the hammer, matt because he's not really doing much, tim because that's what the cool kids are doing, and Sangers/FREEDO because they've not really done much either.
Logic seems like the only innocent person.
I miss the old members.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 4:23:30 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

timbeech - (1/4) - mattrodstrom

Freedo - (1/4) - timbeech
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 5:08:11 PM
Unvote

VTL logic

though I'm suspicious of atheism too...

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 5:08:52 PM
At 2/11/2011 5:08:11 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
Unvote

VTL logic

though I'm suspicious of atheism too...

eh.. Unvote :)

Metaphysics:
timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 5:59:49 PM
At 2/11/2011 3:33:40 PM, Atheism wrote:
Sorry, there's just nothing to really input. FREEDO says he has his eye on... someone. Matt wants to lynch tim because of something or other. Tim called tvell a she:
Not much to put, is there? The only one that doesn't look suspicious is Logic. Tvell looks really suspicious because of the hammer, but I'm sure he'll be on shortly to explain that. I want to hear why matt is suspicious of tim, why Logic is suspicious of tim, who FREEDO is suspicious of, and I also want to know tvell's input.

I suspect tvell a lot for the hammer, matt because he's not really doing much, tim because that's what the cool kids are doing, and Sangers/FREEDO because they've not really done much either.
Logic seems like the only innocent person.

My apologies to TV. I keep forgetting people's sexes.

@Atheism
...Well you seem to be the only one here besides Logic who has some sound reasoning. Unfortunately I have been no help to the town's cause. I think mafia generally remains quiet for a bit after someone VTL's them. Freedo is remaining quiet and I stand by my vote.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 6:12:37 PM
I hammered Cosmic because we were getting nowhere. He seemed as likely to be mafia as anyone. Having said that, it's almost certain that both the mafia were also voting for him, since he now known to be town.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 6:22:55 PM
At 2/11/2011 6:12:37 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I hammered Cosmic because we were getting nowhere. He seemed as likely to be mafia as anyone. Having said that, it's almost certain that both the mafia were also voting for him, since he now known to be town.

Logic_On_Rails - Atheism - Freedo - timbeech - tvellalott

That was the vote count and the order as well for last DP.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 6:58:27 PM
I think TV's explanation is reasonable. We were getting no where and if the Mafia wanted to wait forever, they could of. As others have said, why don't you come out with your suspicion Freedo? No point hiding since we're dead anyway if we guess wrong.

Atheism, I'm suspicious of Tim because he's been rather aggressive the entire game, and currently he's blatantly disregarding his own advice - only vote if you have a good reason. His reason - Freedo didn't give a reason. Not very strong. Besides, read Rogue's posts, given that I'l assume my innocence, I'm going to believe Tim is guilty. Besides, voting no.4 is a pretty interesting call.

My order of suspicion: Tim, Freedo, Matt, TV, Atheism

I still want to wait until others voice their suspicions before actual starting a lynching process.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 8:11:09 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

Atheism - (1/4) - Freeo

timbeech
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 5:04:56 PM
If you guys want to end this game then just lynch me. I am currently the most suscpious so you can have peace of mind. The level activity seems like no one really is interested in this game. For what it is worth I think Freedo and Atheism are mafia.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 5:45:45 PM
Tim, no one's even put 1 vote on you yet. Besides, Freedo having no reason is also suspicious. But I do agree, since I'm also waiting for the next game with roles, but to get there this game has to finish first.

Nevertheless, since this is the first vote on you, I think it's safe, besides it's not as if I can do too much more.

VTL Timbeech
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2011 6:06:14 PM
Lynch-O-Tron

Atheism - (1/4) - Freeo

timbeech - 1/4 - logiconrails
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2011 12:33:50 AM
Gawsh this game is SOOOO boring
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.