Total Posts:132|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

4chan Mafia(small) - DP1

Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:18:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Story
A long, long, time ago,
I can still remember how that website used to make me smile

And I knew if I had my cat
A cam, photoshop and all that
That, maybe, they'd be happy for a while.

But December fourteen made me shiver
With every pic that I'd deliver.
Bad news on the front page;
My heart welled up with roid rage.

I can remember it was me
Reading all about this f@ggotry,
And something touched me deep inside
The day the 4chan died.

So bye-bye, Mr. Epic Fail Guy.
Pointed my gun at the bung,
But the homepage was hung.
And them an heroes was drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "this'll be the day that we die.
"this'll be the day that we die."

Did moot write the book of love,
And have you lost faith in God above,
If the /b/tards tell you so?
Do you believe in An Hero,
Can 4chan save your mortal soul,
And can you teach me how to die real slow?
Well, I know that you're in love with moot
'Cause I heard you callin' in don't shoot
You both kicked services
Man, I dig those DoSes
I was a lonely, GenX basement buck
With a home built PC and no girl to fcuk
But I knew I was out of luck
The day the 4chan died
I was singin'

So bye-bye, Mr. Epic Fail Guy.
Pointed my gun at the bung,
But the homepage was hung.
And them an heroes was drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "this'll be the day that we die.
"this'll be the day that we die."

Now for four years we've been on our own
And moot grows fat in his corporate home,
But that's not how it used to be.
When P-dobear sang for the Partyvan,
Using CP he borrowed from 4chan
And a voice that came from those who see,

Oh, since the FBI was looking down,
Pedobear stole his horny crown.
The hijack was adjourned;
The CP was returned.
And while sick ****s typed with just one hand,
The anon waited in the park,
And we sang memes in the dark
The day the 4chan died.
I was singin'

So bye-bye, Mr. Epic Fail Guy.
Pointed my gun at the bung,
But the homepage was hung.
And them an heroes was drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "this'll be the day that we die.
"this'll be the day that we die."

Epic debasement in the 4chan casement
The anons lurked in their mother's basement
Eight hours old and failing fast
It landed foul on its a$$
The /b/tards tried for a sk@t-like poop
With the Mootle on the sidelines making soup
Now the Bel-Air tune was sweet perfume
While the /b/tards played a marching tune
We all got up to swim
Oh but we never could get in
'Cause the afros tried to block the pool
The Habbo admin we could fool
Do you recall what Mootle said
The day the 4chan died
We started singing

So bye-bye, Mr. Epic Fail Guy.
Pointed my gun at the bung,
But the homepage was hung.
And them an heroes was drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "this'll be the day that we die.
"this'll be the day that we die."


tl;dr - /k/ sooo KAWAII

Living
1. Atheism
2. OreEle
3. M.Torres
4. InsertNameHere
5. Cody
6. Askbob
7. mongoose
8. tvellalott
9. timbeech
10.Sangers
11. darkkermit
12. Korashk
13. xxdarkxx
14. mongeese
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:25:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules.

1. Votes to lynch and unvote must be in bold.

2. Unvote before casting a new vote otherwise it will be ignored.

3. To lynch 8.

4. You may vote for a "no lynch". A "no lynch", like a normal one, will end the Day Phase but this time will kill nobody.

5. Do not discuss this game outside of this thread

6. Address all questions directly to me in your private role threads.

7. Please be nice, no verbiage.

Have Fun!

PS. SECOND POST!
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:32:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
No C/Ping or quoting.

You must only lightly paraphrase and not explicitly say them - eg. change only the pronouns, skipping letters.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:34:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:32:05 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
No C/Ping or quoting.

You must only lightly paraphrase and not explicitly say them - eg. change only the pronouns, skipping letters.
Unclear
Do not do the examples.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:44:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:32:43 PM, timbeech wrote:
Just want to throw this out there. We should NOT mass role claim.

So what are we all named after? Does anyone know? Are we named after popular members on the site? Forums? Events that they do?

If there is only a limited number of possibilities, a mass character claim might be good. Mass character claims are really bad if the category is something that has thousands of possibilities (like animals, or books), but if there are only a handful, then false claims may be easier to see.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:44:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:32:05 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
No C/Ping or quoting.

You must only lightly paraphrase and not explicitly say them - eg. change only the pronouns, skipping letters.

First post and already broke the no quoting rule :)
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:49:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:44:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:32:43 PM, timbeech wrote:
Just want to throw this out there. We should NOT mass role claim.

So what are we all named after? Does anyone know? Are we named after popular members on the site? Forums? Events that they do?

If there is only a limited number of possibilities, a mass character claim might be good. Mass character claims are really bad if the category is something that has thousands of possibilities (like animals, or books), but if there are only a handful, then false claims may be easier to see.

Considering that the game is "4chan board" I feel it's safe to assume that we are all named after boards on 4chan.

49 boards (not including the hidden ones)
14 players

Mass claim not a good idea.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:50:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:49:13 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:44:04 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:32:43 PM, timbeech wrote:
Just want to throw this out there. We should NOT mass role claim.

So what are we all named after? Does anyone know? Are we named after popular members on the site? Forums? Events that they do?

If there is only a limited number of possibilities, a mass character claim might be good. Mass character claims are really bad if the category is something that has thousands of possibilities (like animals, or books), but if there are only a handful, then false claims may be easier to see.

Considering that the game is "4chan board" I feel it's safe to assume that we are all named after boards on 4chan.

49 boards (not including the hidden ones)
14 players

Mass claim not a good idea.

There are 49 boards?! Dang, thats alot.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:52:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And even if we did claim how would we even know which ones were real or not? I mean some of them are letters, right??? It is easy for the mafia to lie about their board.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:55:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:52:32 PM, timbeech wrote:
And even if we did claim how would we even know which ones were real or not? I mean some of them are letters, right??? It is easy for the mafia to lie about their board.

ummm... no, every board has a corresponding letter, or set of letters. So you couldn't just be like "Oh, I am /herpderp/"
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 12:59:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:55:38 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:52:32 PM, timbeech wrote:
And even if we did claim how would we even know which ones were real or not? I mean some of them are letters, right??? It is easy for the mafia to lie about their board.

ummm... no, every board has a corresponding letter, or set of letters. So you couldn't just be like "Oh, I am /herpderp/"

Ok I got that. Do you really think we should claim?
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:04:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 12:59:26 PM, timbeech wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:55:38 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:52:32 PM, timbeech wrote:
And even if we did claim how would we even know which ones were real or not? I mean some of them are letters, right??? It is easy for the mafia to lie about their board.

ummm... no, every board has a corresponding letter, or set of letters. So you couldn't just be like "Oh, I am /herpderp/"

Ok I got that. Do you really think we should claim?

No, like I said a mass claim would be a bad idea. No board is going to OBVIOUSLY be in the mafia. Seeing as we have no real idea just how zets has organized it yet.

I personally am usually in favor of a no-lynch on dp1 simply to get night actions in and because it's very likely that we could end up lynching a townie.
However might as well go with pressure to try and get some information and hope that mafia slips up. soo

VTL Timbeech Seems just a bit to oblivious.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:17:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 1:04:30 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:59:26 PM, timbeech wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:55:38 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:52:32 PM, timbeech wrote:
And even if we did claim how would we even know which ones were real or not? I mean some of them are letters, right??? It is easy for the mafia to lie about their board.

ummm... no, every board has a corresponding letter, or set of letters. So you couldn't just be like "Oh, I am /herpderp/"

Ok I got that. Do you really think we should claim?

No, like I said a mass claim would be a bad idea. No board is going to OBVIOUSLY be in the mafia. Seeing as we have no real idea just how zets has organized it yet.

Do you think any board would be obviously any particular role (not nessicarily affiliation)?

Also, as seeing as this is 4chan, anyone think that there may not be a cop in this game?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:21:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@xxdarkxx
So you favor a VTNL on DP1 but you are VTLing me? If I understand this correctly you are pressuring me? Why is it obvious to pressure me? It seems odd that you are anxious to pressure.

VTL xxdarkxx
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:24:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 1:17:20 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/11/2011 1:04:30 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:59:26 PM, timbeech wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:55:38 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 2/11/2011 12:52:32 PM, timbeech wrote:
And even if we did claim how would we even know which ones were real or not? I mean some of them are letters, right??? It is easy for the mafia to lie about their board.

ummm... no, every board has a corresponding letter, or set of letters. So you couldn't just be like "Oh, I am /herpderp/"

Ok I got that. Do you really think we should claim?

No, like I said a mass claim would be a bad idea. No board is going to OBVIOUSLY be in the mafia. Seeing as we have no real idea just how zets has organized it yet.

Do you think any board would be obviously any particular role (not nessicarily affiliation)?

Yeah, their are a few that would be pretty obvious roles. I'm not going to point them out though, as that would just give the mafia information and such. But looking at it right now, their are at least 2-3 that would be quite obviously a certain role.

Also, as seeing as this is 4chan, anyone think that there may not be a cop in this game?

This is where i'm thinking that their could be a role that is not a board, but something else.
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 1:26:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 1:21:44 PM, timbeech wrote:
@xxdarkxx
So you favor a VTNL on DP1 but you are VTLing me? If I understand this correctly you are pressuring me? Why is it obvious to pressure me? It seems odd that you are anxious to pressure.

VTL xxdarkxx

Yes I favor a VTNL on day phase one, in the instance that we are not absolutely sure of lynching a mafia. But it would be a complete waste of a day phase to simply vote no lynch right away. That is where pressure comes in to see if we can weed out a mafia member. I never stated that it was "obvious" to pressure you I said that you seemed a bit too "oblivious".
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:45:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Timbeech for pressure

It's a bad idea for a mass role claim, yet pressuring a few members until somebody appears suspicious usually works well.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 2:45:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, I agree on a VTNL for first DP. But of course, we should VTNL until everyone has posted. Then we pressure lurkers (which is why I won't pressure him for now).

Also, I'm thinking there is more than just board roles. From the looks of the story, we may also have some memes. Once we figure out what roles are based on, we may be able to group similar ones and figure out Mafia that way.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 4:59:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL timbeech for pressure
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 5:12:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Checking in. I can confirm that my character is one of the boards.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
timbeech
Posts: 948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 6:20:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok so I am getting pressured pretty hard here,lol. Ironically my board is fitting. Yes you guessed it! My board is /fit/. Happy now?
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 6:57:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am not too sure on the whole /fit/ claim. It's a health and fitness forum and currently I can't think of a role that goes with that. If anyone else can think of one DONT SAY IT. Just say that you know of a role that goes with the board.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
xxdarkxx
Posts: 3,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 7:20:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 6:57:00 PM, askbob wrote:
I am not too sure on the whole /fit/ claim. It's a health and fitness forum and currently I can't think of a role that goes with that. If anyone else can think of one DONT SAY IT. Just say that you know of a role that goes with the board.

>.< I know of a role that goes with that board...

Unvote
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 7:27:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Can I purpose the theory that the 18+ forums are the mafia?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 7:27:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
kk who has a random number generator registration? Use it and lets pressure them. I say we do two more pressures then make a best guess. It's not a good idea to keep pressuring everyone until all roles/boards are given out.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 7:40:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 7:27:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Can I purpose the theory that the 18+ forums are the mafia?

Possibly, but I know nothing about 4chan. I just joined this since it's mafia. ^_^
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 7:54:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 7:40:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/11/2011 7:27:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Can I purpose the theory that the 18+ forums are the mafia?

Possibly, but I know nothing about 4chan. I just joined this since it's mafia. ^_^

Time to educate yourself.
Go to /b/ and suggest a gore porn thread.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2011 7:55:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/11/2011 7:54:00 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 2/11/2011 7:40:10 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 2/11/2011 7:27:41 PM, tvellalott wrote:
Can I purpose the theory that the 18+ forums are the mafia?

Possibly, but I know nothing about 4chan. I just joined this since it's mafia. ^_^

Time to educate yourself.
Go to /b/ and suggest a gore porn thread.

lol, I think I'll pass on that. I have lurked on 4chan before a few times though and found it quite stupid and a waste of my time.