Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Soy and feminization.

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:34:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My mom told me to stop eating soy because my step-dad heard on the radio from a vague doctor guy that soy contains high amounts of estrogens which can feminize men, even causing them to grow boobs.

I suspect this is a load of bullshiit.

Care to illuminate?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:42:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 9:37:15 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/28/2011 9:34:20 PM, FREEDO wrote:
grow boobs.

I want!

Anyway, I haven't heard about that lol

LOL. I love you, noentity. That's exactly what I thought. Next time I go to Starbucks, I'm getting a soy latte. xD
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:47:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 9:41:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:
This is the kind of answer I expect:

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu...

While looking for information I have yet to find a source that confirms it as true. And that's saying something.

http://nutrition.about.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:49:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If soy helps you grow boobs, why do japanese women tend to have small boobies?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:51:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 9:49:57 PM, lovelife wrote:
If soy helps you grow boobs, why do japanese women tend to have small boobies?

Discrimination.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:52:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 9:51:12 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 9:49:57 PM, lovelife wrote:
If soy helps you grow boobs, why do japanese women tend to have small boobies?

Discrimination.

LOL
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 9:53:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 9:52:48 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 2/28/2011 9:51:12 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 2/28/2011 9:49:57 PM, lovelife wrote:
If soy helps you grow boobs, why do japanese women tend to have small boobies?

Discrimination.

LOL

lolololol xD
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 10:04:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 2/28/2011 9:57:56 PM, juvanya wrote:
Ive heard of that before, I forget where. Considering how much hippies eat that and how they act...

Aside from the fact that not only "hippies" eat soy... how do they act and what does estrogen have to do with it?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2011 10:04:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.healingdaily.com...
In 1992, the Swiss health service estimated that 100 grams of soy protein provided the estrogenic equivalent of the Pill.(12)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2011 5:59:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Google soy propaganda. I looked around for a little while and noticed that the ADA and the Weston Price Foundation comes up a bit. I couldn't find anything definitive but what I found was more than just idle speculation. I happen to think soy milk just taste better than bovine so I wouldn't be surprised that the ADA would be concerned.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
TMLee2
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 4:08:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is all propaganda. The other related theory is that these high levels of estrogen found in Soy can give women breast cancer since their has been a link between estrogen hormone replacement and breast cancer patients. However, soy will not make males more feminine, and just eating soy will not give you breast cancer. If you are a survivor of breast cancer, especially one linked to estrogen hormone replacement, then you should limit or restrict soy from your diet. It is important to note that it has not been proved that soy has effects on estrogen levels, but to be on the safe side cancer patients could avoid it. But it will NOT cause cancer or to grow boobs!!! If soy caused men to become more feminine, than doctors would be subscribing high soy diets to transgender patients all the time. They aren't!!!! My step-father is a soybean breeder and he has been eating soy for 50+ years and he has no boobs. The same is true for the billions of Asians whose diets mainly consist of soy for protein, calcium, and a number of other essential nutrients- they have much lower rates of breast cancer patients and the men are all fairly flat chested.