PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2011 7:06:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/12/2011 2:14:21 PM, carrotandproud wrote:
should vegeterianism be banned, and why?:

I doubt you'll find a single person wanting to ban vegetarianism.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 11:10:34 PM
Plant rights activists?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 11:42:28 PM
should vegeterianism be banned, and why?

yes so that the hippies who don't eat meat die of starvation.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 11:53:03 PM
should vegeterianism be banned, and why?

Why? Are vegetarians that annoying? Is the eating of plants obscene? Does abstaining from red meat pose a public health hazard?

I cannot fathom your reasoning behind this. Perhaps there wasn't any. Please, expound.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2011 11:56:30 PM
"Have you ever seen a healthy-looking vegetarian? They look like sh!t! They're all gaunt and yellow. After a while, their bodies become intolerant of other things. I'll give you an example. I was out to lunch with a comedian friend of mine, and later in the day he said- and I quote- "I feel nauseous and I have a headache. That soup I had must have had beef broth in it." Your system's kickin' back broth? You're a manly man, aren't you?" -- Ron White
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 12:02:12 AM
At 3/13/2011 11:56:30 PM, annhasle wrote:
"Have you ever seen a healthy-looking vegetarian? They look like sh!t! They're all gaunt and yellow. After a while, their bodies become intolerant of other things. I'll give you an example. I was out to lunch with a comedian friend of mine, and later in the day he said- and I quote- "I feel nauseous and I have a headache. That soup I had must have had beef broth in it." Your system's kickin' back broth? You're a manly man, aren't you?" -- Ron White

Survival of the fittest. They are choosing to handicap themselves, why stop them?
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 4:56:11 AM
Yes, Ron White is such a scientist, we should hang onto his words as fact.

Eating meat is so healthy for America, land of the obese.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 12:50:19 PM
At 3/14/2011 12:02:12 AM, Chrysippus wrote:

Survival of the fittest. They are choosing to handicap themselves, why stop them?

Vegetarians actually live longer (http://en.wikipedia.org...) than meat eaters.

It's true though, what annhasle was quoting, that vegetarian bodies will reject meat over time. I don't really know why. It may be that our bodies become less skilled at handling the parasites in meat.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 12:54:25 PM

I was merely posting a funny quote...
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 4:10:56 PM
At 3/14/2011 4:56:11 AM, PervRat wrote:
Yes, Ron White is such a scientist, we should hang onto his words as fact.

Eating meat is so healthy for America, land of the obese.

I don't think eating meat is the problem lmao It's calorie intake and lack of physical activity...?
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 4:13:32 PM
At 3/14/2011 12:50:19 PM, vbaculum wrote:

Vegetarians actually live longer (http://en.wikipedia.org...) than meat eaters.

The ratio of health-conscious vegetarians to non-health-conscious vegetarians is also higher than than the ratio of health-conscious meat eaters to non-health-conscious meat eaters... I bet if more meat eaters ate a balanced, healthy diet, there would be no significant difference.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 4:15:21 PM
At 3/14/2011 4:13:32 PM, nonentity wrote:

The ratio of health-conscious vegetarians to non-health-conscious vegetarians is also probably higher than than the ratio of health-conscious meat eaters to non-health-conscious meat eaters... I bet if more meat eaters ate a balanced, healthy diet, there would be no significant difference.

Fix'd.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 4:17:48 PM
Purge the land of such deceivers who claim they do not like bacon! Ha, do you honestly expect us to believe this?! You and your evils "vegetarian ways" are nothing more than a front.... FOR EVIL!
You are up to something, and one day I shall prove it!
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:17:02 PM
At 3/14/2011 4:15:21 PM, nonentity wrote:

The ratio of health-conscious vegetarians to non-health-conscious vegetarians is also probably higher than than the ratio of health-conscious meat eaters to non-health-conscious meat eaters... I bet if more meat eaters ate a balanced, healthy diet, there would be no significant difference.

Fix'd.

Maybe. A lot of things could be true. Most vegans and vegetarians are ethically motivated rather than health motivated though. http://www.food.gov.uk...

There are a lot of good reasons to conclude that vegan diets are healthier than meat-based ones. I thought you were going to read my debate with Roy on vegan diets (or maybe you did and just didn't vote).
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:33:36 PM
Did anyone besides me notice that the OP is a carrot?

Ever think that MAYBE.. just MAYBE... a carrot would be opposed to people eating vegetables.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 5:44:24 PM
At 3/14/2011 5:33:36 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Ever think that MAYBE.. just MAYBE... a carrot would be opposed to people eating vegetables.

Absolutely not! http://en.wikipedia.org...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 6:38:46 PM
At 3/14/2011 5:44:24 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/14/2011 5:33:36 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Absolutely not! http://en.wikipedia.org...

D=
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 1:28:57 AM
At 3/14/2011 5:17:02 PM, vbaculum wrote:
At 3/14/2011 4:15:21 PM, nonentity wrote:

Fix'd.

Maybe. A lot of things could be true. Most vegans and vegetarians are ethically motivated rather than health motivated though. http://www.food.gov.uk...

There are a lot of good reasons to conclude that vegan diets are healthier than meat-based ones. I thought you were going to read my debate with Roy on vegan diets (or maybe you did and just didn't vote).

Thanks for reminding me. I deleted most of my "favourites" because I keep getting incessant emails. I'll try to finish reading the debate tonight and if not, I'll vote tomorrow.
Heathen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 10:28:56 AM
I see no real reason to ban vegeterianism.
"Once an object has been seen, it is impossible to put the mind back to the same condition it was in before it saw it." - Thomas Paine
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2011 11:57:12 AM
The thing that should be banned is vegetables.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)