Jump to topic:

What to feed a 1 year old???

ravynkelley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 2:00:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok i was just wonderin if anybody out there new what to feed my one year old son. I mean hes cutting teeth and i dont want to give him something he shouldnt have. If you have any suggestions please tell me.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 2:02:46 PM
First, make sure he has a teething ring, one that you can toss into the freezer to cool it down (make sure it is "cool" not icy cold). That should help more than any type of food.

Are you breast feeding?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 2:22:33 PM
At 1 year old, I'd recommend staying with pureed food. Obviously a pediatrician would be better able to say what is best for that individual child (since they all grow at different rates).

It might be a worthwhile investment it get a food pureer so you can make your own baby food. That should also give you different settings so that you can start with completely pureed food and slowly work to more solid foods with a smooth transistion.
ravynkelley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 2:25:36 PM
Does it cost alot. Im a single mom with 1 kid and going to school with a job that dont pay too well. I mean im not complaining i Love this life but money dont come easy.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 2:30:05 PM
At 5/10/2011 2:25:36 PM, ravynkelley wrote:
Does it cost alot. Im a single mom with 1 kid and going to school with a job that dont pay too well. I mean im not complaining i Love this life but money dont come easy.

About $60 for a decent (you can find cheaper and more expensive) one. They cost some money up front, but save on the cost of baby food.

http://www.google.com...#

Of course, make sure it is BPA free.

Though, another thing you could do, is stop breast feeding, but continue with a breast pump (I'm assuming the "hurting" is from the teething). Though if you are working, that means you'll likely need a fast electric pump, and those are expensive. My wife doesn't work, so she can use a hand pump. Much cheaper, but it can't work for a 15 minute break at work, it takes like 30+ minutes.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 2:35:06 PM
At 5/10/2011 2:32:44 PM, ravynkelley wrote:
omg...there goes half my paycheck...i guess i will have to wait on that one....any other ideas

If you already have a breastpump, that is one.

I'd recommend hitting up the Baby and Bump forum.

www.babyandbump.com
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2011 2:39:10 PM
Did you stop breast feeding cold turkey? I would think that weening the little one off would yield better results.

In the baby isle of the grocery store, there is 'rice cereal'. I would stick with that and other baby food.

I can't remember whether or not we fed my daughter yogurt or not, but you could also ask your primary care provider for suggestions.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2011 6:02:56 AM
Make pureed meals and batch freeze them in normal ice block containers. Then it's just a matter of thawing/heating a block each meal.
ravynkelley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2011 7:51:15 AM
At 5/11/2011 6:02:56 AM, Puck wrote:
Make pureed meals and batch freeze them in normal ice block containers. Then it's just a matter of thawing/heating a block each meal.

ok that seems easy enough
ravynkelley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2011 9:01:23 AM
At 5/11/2011 7:58:51 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'd reccomend something large and carniverous. Have you tried feeding it to an a lion?

wow...no i havent...where can u buy that meat at...lol
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2011 9:07:14 AM
At 5/11/2011 7:58:51 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
I'd reccomend something large and carniverous. Have you tried feeding it to an a lion?

LOL Nice one....
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
ravynkelley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2011 10:33:23 AM
At 5/22/2011 2:39:24 AM, lucyalice1989 wrote:
A variety of things.. soft fruit (banana or pears).. are u meaning snack foods or lunchtime meals?

both but manly lunch time meals....