Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

- Body Building -

Lionheart
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 9:27:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm interested to see if there are any other testosterone driven, weight lifting male types on this site besides myself.

I would like to use this forum to discuss eight lifting techniques, mass building diets, fat loss diets, supplement info, innovative exercises, etc.

- Lionheart -
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."


- Lionheart -
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 9:38:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I lifted weights, and jogged 3 miles everyday.

Then I broke my back at work.

Now I just walk. I don't bother to lift weights.

Course, I never ate healthy.When I lifted weights, my diet practically consisted of pizza and burritos.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Lionheart
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 10:22:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 9:38:12 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I lifted weights, and jogged 3 miles everyday.

Then I broke my back at work.

Now I just walk. I don't bother to lift weights.

Course, I never ate healthy.When I lifted weights, my diet practically consisted of pizza and burritos.

You broke your back? Awww man dude... I'm really sorry to hear that. How is your back now? Did you have to a lot of physical therapy?
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."


- Lionheart -
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2011 10:56:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I do benching from time to time and various other things to keep a beach body, but haven't done much since I developed Tendonitis in my right arm from arm wrestling a friend of mine (I won xD), of which, the arm wrestle lasted a good 5 minutes. I know, right? Titan vs Titan.
turn down for h'what
Lionheart
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 2:08:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/27/2011 10:56:01 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
I do benching from time to time and various other things to keep a beach body, but haven't done much since I developed Tendonitis in my right arm from arm wrestling a friend of mine (I won xD), of which, the arm wrestle lasted a good 5 minutes. I know, right? Titan vs Titan.

Dude, I developed tendonitis in my right arm the same way! My brother did too actually. I have tried to find a way to defeat the condition, but I have not been successful. Luckily it doesn't flare up that often, but when it does...it usually lasts for a couple months. Two years ago it was so bad that I couldn't even lift anything efficiently with my right arm for about 3 months, the pain was excruciating.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."


- Lionheart -
Lionheart
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 5:13:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 4:58:22 PM, Meatros wrote:
5/3/1

Let's see how serious you are. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Sure, it could only be a reference to Wendler's 5/3/1 power lifting system. I haven't really tried the system personally though, not yet at least.

Do you use the 5/3/1 system?
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."


- Lionheart -
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 5:14:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm just starting to workout. I have all my life from 8th grade till my sophmore year of college, stopped junior year and now its my junior summer and I'm working out again
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 5:55:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 5:13:32 PM, Lionheart wrote:
At 5/28/2011 4:58:22 PM, Meatros wrote:
5/3/1

Let's see how serious you are. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Sure, it could only be a reference to Wendler's 5/3/1 power lifting system. I haven't really tried the system personally though, not yet at least.

Do you use the 5/3/1 system?

Beast! Someone gets the reference.

It's pretty good.
Lionheart
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 7:01:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 5:14:18 PM, askbob wrote:
I'm just starting to workout. I have all my life from 8th grade till my sophmore year of college, stopped junior year and now its my junior summer and I'm working out again

That's great! Conditioning the muscles of the body has many benefits in the realm of health and image.

Do you work out at home or at a gym?
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."


- Lionheart -
Lionheart
Posts: 520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 7:02:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 5:55:21 PM, Meatros wrote:
At 5/28/2011 5:13:32 PM, Lionheart wrote:
At 5/28/2011 4:58:22 PM, Meatros wrote:
5/3/1

Let's see how serious you are. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Sure, it could only be a reference to Wendler's 5/3/1 power lifting system. I haven't really tried the system personally though, not yet at least.

Do you use the 5/3/1 system?

Beast! Someone gets the reference.

It's pretty good.

How long have you been implementing the system? Have you only experimented with it briefly or have you used it for a long span of time?
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."


- Lionheart -
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 9:16:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 7:01:12 PM, Lionheart wrote:
At 5/28/2011 5:14:18 PM, askbob wrote:
I'm just starting to workout. I have all my life from 8th grade till my sophmore year of college, stopped junior year and now its my junior summer and I'm working out again

That's great! Conditioning the muscles of the body has many benefits in the realm of health and image.

Do you work out at home or at a gym?

hotel. Unfortunately it's a bitch gym. So it's generally 15 min treadmill then they have a pair of 25's which is the highest they go so I'm just doing tone unfortunately. Situps, Lat situps, leg throws, pushups, triangle pushups, wide pushups, dumbell flies, tricep pushbacks, 6 inches, more treadmill, lateral raise front dumbell raise.

Nothing else can really be done so once fall semester starts and i'm out of chicago i'll be in an actual gym again.

I'm not complaining though because I needed to do more of this small stuff that normally I'd neglect.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 9:17:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In terms of set and rep

It's 10/10/10

Normally when I'm weight training its

12/10/8
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 9:18:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
also my reps are probably going to increase to 20 each set and maybe i'll add on another set so i'm adequately tired after the workout
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 9:22:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lol I have a theory of why people work out and it isn't for all the good stuff that you get out of it
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
askbob
Posts: 7,254
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 9:26:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 9:22:05 PM, headphonegut wrote:
Lol I have a theory of why people work out and it isn't for all the good stuff that you get out of it

It's for the sex
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2011 10:26:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 5/28/2011 7:02:56 PM, Lionheart wrote:
At 5/28/2011 5:55:21 PM, Meatros wrote:
At 5/28/2011 5:13:32 PM, Lionheart wrote:
At 5/28/2011 4:58:22 PM, Meatros wrote:
5/3/1

Let's see how serious you are. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Sure, it could only be a reference to Wendler's 5/3/1 power lifting system. I haven't really tried the system personally though, not yet at least.

Do you use the 5/3/1 system?

Beast! Someone gets the reference.

It's pretty good.

How long have you been implementing the system? Have you only experimented with it briefly or have you used it for a long span of time?

I've done it for 6 months give or take. Experimented with BBB and then a bit of mix and match. I tried to incorporate zerchers into my routine, but it wore me out.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2011 4:59:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
when I was young I went through a phase of weight training fairly seriously. It lasted seven years, then I discovered that flabby indolence is more fun. Still, here's some basics:

1. Free weights are more effective than machines. The minor muscle groups needed are better exercised with free weights.

2. Alternate muscle groups, so that, for example, you don't work arms or abs two days in a row. That gives muscles time to recover.

3. Adjust the weight load so you can just barely do two sets of ten reps of each excise. if it gets easy, add weight rather than reps.

4. Use a large variety of exercises, not just a half dozen types.

5. Read a book or see instruction on the right way to clean-and-jerk, deadlift, snatch. It's easy to injure your back if you do them wrong. There's also risk to knees when you fail a snatch and the weight comes crashing down. I had a not-too-serious knee injury once but nothing else.

I thought the fun of the sport was really the mental part: focus, endure discomfort, keep trying. Many lifters say it's mental. Nonetheless, flabby indolence wins.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2011 6:13:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My workout is usually like 3 exercises with 5x5. Mainly for strength, I don't want too much size because I don't want the bodybuilder look. I got a lot of time off this summer, but I've never been able to self motivate with cardio. Ever since I threw in power cleans it's kind of thrown a wrench into the workout since I can't usually do 4x5x5 so I need to drop 1 and make up another some other day.
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2011 8:17:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/8/2011 6:13:33 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
My workout is usually like 3 exercises with 5x5. Mainly for strength, I don't want too much size because I don't want the bodybuilder look. I got a lot of time off this summer, but I've never been able to self motivate with cardio. Ever since I threw in power cleans it's kind of thrown a wrench into the workout since I can't usually do 4x5x5 so I need to drop 1 and make up another some other day.

Unless you eat like a bodybuilder you won't get the bodybuilder look.