Jump to topic:

Ovo-lacto Vegetarianism

Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 5:29:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Information: An ovo-lacto vegetarian (or lacto-ovo vegetarian) is a vegetarian who does not eat animal flesh of any kind, but is willing to consume dairy and egg products.

Topic: Let's have a discussion that compares your current diet to an Ovo-lacto Vegetarian diet.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 7:41:33 PM
The idea of eating the flesh of anything is pretty damn repulsive anytime I think about it, but damn, I love steak.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 8:06:41 PM
At 7/8/2011 7:41:33 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
The idea of eating the flesh of anything is pretty damn repulsive anytime I think about it, but damn, I love steak.

Reply: I agree. Steak tastes great most of the time and I do love it.

Statement: I have recently went on a fruitarian detox. I must say that I do feel healthier and my body does feel cleaner. My mind even seems to think more clearly.

Questions: Has anyone ever tried this detox? If so, what was your result?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 10:28:32 PM
At 7/8/2011 10:05:02 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I have never tried the fruitarian detox (I've never even heard of it before), but I'm a vegetarian.

Reply: It's basically just eating fruit and drinking water for about a week. If you try it, I recommend taking a good multi-vitamin everyday to get all of your essential vitamins and minerals.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 10:31:06 PM
At 7/8/2011 10:21:40 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I don't really understand why anyone becomes a vegetarian for ethical reasons.

Comment: My main reasons are not ethical, but are health related. Plant foods are the healthiest food for the human body. Especially fruit, fruit does not contain any toxins in it.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 10:34:42 PM
At 7/8/2011 10:31:06 PM, Tiel wrote:

Comment: My main reasons are not ethical, but are health related. Plant foods are the healthiest food for the human body. Especially fruit, fruit does not contain any toxins in it.

That makes sense.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 11:52:58 PM
At 7/8/2011 10:31:06 PM, Tiel wrote:

I must disagree with that statement, it implies that all fruit is nontoxic which is very much not the case.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://www.smashinglists.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 1:31:13 AM
At 7/8/2011 10:28:32 PM, Tiel wrote:
I have never tried the fruitarian detox (I've never even heard of it before), but I'm a vegetarian.

Reply: It's basically just eating fruit and drinking water for about a week. If you try it, I recommend taking a good multi-vitamin everyday to get all of your essential vitamins and minerals.

Where are you getting the fat for the fat-soluble vitamins?

Do you have any actual science backing the benefits of multi-vitamins, in any diet?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 1:33:07 AM
At 7/8/2011 10:28:32 PM, Tiel wrote:

If it isn't providing you with the nutrients you need, what is the benefit to doing that for a week? Also, why fruit specifically, instead of vegetables or something else? Where's the fat going to come from? I'm not trying to nitpick here, it's just new to me.
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 9:38:30 PM
Add pecto to that (fish) and take away eggs and there you go. Of course, that only applies to factory farmed stuff.

Basically, I eat fish and milk and plants, and any humanely raised/hunted meat and eggs.

The reason I include milk and fish is that I want to be healthy as I don't have access to sources of b12/iron/etc. and I think those suffer the least.
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2011 9:40:16 PM

Read my OP: http://www.debate.org....
headphonegut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 8:32:35 PM
At 7/8/2011 5:29:42 PM, Tiel wrote:
Information: An ovo-lacto vegetarian (or lacto-ovo vegetarian) is a vegetarian who does not eat animal flesh of any kind, but is willing to consume dairy and egg products.

I think there was already a word for that 'vegetarian'

Topic: Let's have a discussion that compares your current diet to an Ovo-lacto Vegetarian diet.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
seraine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 10:39:18 PM
At 7/10/2011 3:19:48 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Fruitarians are retards

If someone decided to eat fruit for the rest of his life, then I'd agree with you.

What I think Tiel is saying is that the fruit contains little to no toxins and can "clean" your body, hence fruitarian detox. I might give it a try.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 7:45:11 PM
At 7/10/2011 10:39:18 PM, seraine wrote:
At 7/10/2011 3:19:48 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Fruitarians are retards

If someone decided to eat fruit for the rest of his life, then I'd agree with you.

What I think Tiel is saying is that the fruit contains little to no toxins and can "clean" your body, hence fruitarian detox. I might give it a try.

Reply: Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. I am on day 3 of my 7 day detox and I do feel great. It is a little hard at first. I craved other foods.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 5:38:00 AM
Bacon is a fruit right? If not I might struggle with fruitarianism. Also I'm sure you guys all know by now the fruit illuminati conspiracy.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 7:40:39 AM

So a vegetarian then?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 7:41:38 AM
At 7/8/2011 8:06:41 PM, Tiel wrote:

Statement: I have recently went on a fruitarian detox. I must say that I do feel healthier and my body does feel cleaner. My mind even seems to think more clearly.

Though you may feel healthier or be healthier as a result detox diets are a myth, the body cleans itself of toxins naturally.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 8:04:24 AM
At 7/13/2011 7:41:38 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Though you may feel healthier or be healthier as a result detox diets are a myth, the body cleans itself of toxins naturally.

It also naturally cleanses itself of all that detox crap you paid so much for.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 1:35:47 PM
At 7/13/2011 7:40:39 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

So a vegetarian then?

There are some vegetarians that won't eat either eggs or dairy.
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/13/2011 2:08:57 PM

Reply: Yes, it will always try to cleanse itself. A detox is the means of only putting into your body a certain substance to fully cleanse yourself. Eating all the processed food steadily is the equivalent to taking a shower, then somebody spraying you with mud, then you taking another shower but only being able to get some of the mud off, then somebody spraying you with mud again, then you only being able to get some of the mud off again. A detox would be like taking a full shower and getting all the mud off. Clean natural food equals less mud on your body.

I have been studying the body and nutrition for many years. Detox diets are not a myth.
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:20:39 AM
Are you serious? Meat is the best thing on the planet! I love a good steak! I eat meat everyday and I'm healthy as a horse. I bet you don't have much muscle on you with that veggie diet.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 5:10:07 AM

Some people believe animals have similar rights to people. Would you eat a person?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 5:25:53 AM
At 7/15/2011 1:20:39 AM, Lionheart wrote:
Are you serious? Meat is the best thing on the planet! I love a good steak! I eat meat everyday and I'm healthy as a horse. I bet you don't have much muscle on you with that veggie diet.

That is because you are a real man who is true. Vegetarians are not half the man compared to a real man who is true. Do not follow vegetarians into the darkness. One day you will see that us meat-eaters weren't the villains... We were trying to be heroes. Like a grape from a grape you will all see. You will burn yourselves with your own fire. Do not make us enemies in my eyes. Quit crying and act like a man. I find your character as a man worthless in quality. You see, I am a real man. I can admit my flaws and I own up to them. Want a taste?
I do live with intense pride. I am strong headed.I have far more good qualities then bad, but I can admit my bad qualities.
I am a man who is strong in character and I live true to who I am.There is nothing you can do to hurt me.Not mentally, not emotionally, not spiritually, and not physically. You will never be half the man that I am. Call it Gold. Call it Hell. Call it Water. Call it nothing. I will never surrender my pride to worthless men. All of this is completely unacceptable. However, when fighting vegetarians sometimes my fire burns too strong and I get burnt in the process. This is why you should always ask for an adults help whilst cooking bacon. Which is delicious. Like real men. Want a taste?
You soil your own bacon's reputation with your actions and your words.
Bacon is and shall always be be justified and true in nature.

Have fun playing your games children.

*sheathes daggers*
Tiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 6:21:42 AM
At 7/15/2011 5:25:53 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/15/2011 1:20:39 AM, Lionheart wrote:

That is because you are a real man who is true. Vegetarians are not half the man compared to a real man who is true. Do not follow vegetarians into the darkness. One day you will see that us meat-eaters weren't the villains... We were trying to be heroes. Like a grape from a grape you will all see. You will burn yourselves with your own fire. Do not make us enemies in my eyes. Quit crying and act like a man. I find your character as a man worthless in quality. You see, I am a real man. I can admit my flaws and I own up to them. Want a taste?
I do live with intense pride. I am strong headed.I have far more good qualities then bad, but I can admit my bad qualities.
I am a man who is strong in character and I live true to who I am.There is nothing you can do to hurt me.Not mentally, not emotionally, not spiritually, and not physically. You will never be half the man that I am. Call it Gold. Call it Hell. Call it Water. Call it nothing. I will never surrender my pride to worthless men. All of this is completely unacceptable. However, when fighting vegetarians sometimes my fire burns too strong and I get burnt in the process. This is why you should always ask for an adults help whilst cooking bacon. Which is delicious. Like real men. Want a taste?
You soil your own bacon's reputation with your actions and your words.
Bacon is and shall always be be justified and true in nature.

Have fun playing your games children.

*sheathes daggers*

Reply: Nice Thaddeus. It's not everyday that an internet post actually makes me laugh, but this one did. Thank you for that.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 11:57:28 AM
At 7/13/2011 1:35:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 7/13/2011 7:40:39 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

So a vegetarian then?

There are some vegetarians that won't eat either eggs or dairy.

We call them vegans.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 11:58:54 AM
At 7/13/2011 2:08:57 PM, Tiel wrote:

Reply: Yes, it will always try to cleanse itself. A detox is the means of only putting into your body a certain substance to fully cleanse yourself.

If you wait 24-48 hours your liver does it for you.

I have been studying the body and nutrition for many years. Detox diets are not a myth.

Every credible expert claims that they are a myth.