Jump to topic:

So, I got high for the first time

PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 7:49:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the wake of my eighteenth birthday (a week from now), I tried pot for the first time.

Reactions: I was sniffing a lot, dried mouth, eyes got a little red/glazed, pupils dilated. At first, head was, I think, "light-headed"? My heartbeat went way up, although I think that was more from the thought of "oh my god I actually did this." Also, I was more attentive, and I spoke faster without stuttering, whereas I usually stutter when I talk fast, and I felt more willing to say things that I would otherwise keep to myself, and I was walking room to room a lot. And then I just became super tired so I slept way early.

Overall, I can't really say I enjoyed the experience--I can't say I didn't enjoy it either--but I don't really understand why someone would WANT to feel that way on a regular basis. Thoughts?
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 9:09:27 AM
At 7/20/2011 7:49:03 AM, PoeJoe wrote:
Overall, I can't really say I enjoyed the experience--I can't say I didn't enjoy it either--but I don't really understand why someone would WANT to feel that way on a regular basis. Thoughts?

This is like saying "I felt dizzy and then puked after drinking... I don't know why people drink." Sure the experience can SUCK, but it can also be pretty great and usually you have some element of control in the outcome. The first (few) times you smoke is definitely different from smoking regularly. Also, everyone reacts differently to pot. Some people I know get incredibly paranoid. They start to sweat, feel like the cops are coming, get super anxious and overall physically uncomfortable. This is interesting to me because some do hard drugs pretty regularly, yet pot is the one that makes them feel that way.

Then there are the stereotypical pot heads you see depicted on TV, and obviously they seem to really enjoy it. I smoke all the time. Obviously I wouldn't want to feel THAT way (the way you felt) on a regular basis, but it affects me completely differently. Depending on a lot of factors (the quality of bud, my tolerance at that particular moment, if I'm eating, my company, my surroundings, etc.) I mostly just get super happy, pretty giggly, say some funny sh!t, feel a lot more creative, feel a lot more open minded, get munchies, love listening to music, LOVE watching funny movies, etc. It's like a little escape, except I'm so used to smoking that I can control it and keep it tight (act and do pretty much anything as if I was sober) even if I was blazed. I used to go high into work all the time. You're Asian so nobody could call you out for chinky eyes ;) I also write most of my papers for school high, and about 90% of the debates I've done here high. You get used to it I guess and then it impacts you differently.

In other words your first experience should probably not dictate your perception of the act. Can you imagine if losing your virginity was your impression of sex? You would think it was SUPPOSED to last 10 seconds, or girls would think that it was SUPPOSED to hurt. like. hell. Of course that is simply not the case.
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 9:12:00 AM
Overall, I can't really say I enjoyed the experience--I can't say I didn't enjoy it either--but I don't really understand why someone would WANT to feel that way on a regular basis. Thoughts?:

When I was your age I loved getting baked... But it got old eventually. Now I can't stand the feeling.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:06:16 PM
In the wake of my eighteenth birthday (a week from now), I tried pot for the first time.

Reactions: I was sniffing a lot, dried mouth, eyes got a little red/glazed, pupils dilated. At first, head was, I think, "light-headed"? My heartbeat went way up, although I think that was more from the thought of "oh my god I actually did this." Also, I was more attentive, and I spoke faster without stuttering, whereas I usually stutter when I talk fast, and I felt more willing to say things that I would otherwise keep to myself, and I was walking room to room a lot. And then I just became super tired so I slept way early.

How much did you smoke?

Regarding alcohol, getting dizzy and puking is a sign that you drank way too much. If that is your reaction to a single drink, not drinking is probably the best thing for you (you might have an intollerance to the alcohol or something else in the drink).

Likewise, if you smoked way more than you should and experienced bad effects, that makes your experience unique and not part of the norm. I don't really see anything in what happened to him that is not a common effect of smoking pot.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:08:10 PM
At 7/20/2011 9:12:00 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Overall, I can't really say I enjoyed the experience--I can't say I didn't enjoy it either--but I don't really understand why someone would WANT to feel that way on a regular basis. Thoughts?:

When I was your age I loved getting baked... But it got old eventually. Now I can't stand the feeling.

I have a co-worker like that, can't stand it anymore now that he's older (late 30's).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2011 5:19:55 PM
Wow, see, I quit smoking for practical reasons, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.

That paranoia stuff doesn't get to me. Anytime I smoke, I get paranoid, but I always manage to stop myself and realize that it is retarded, and I shouldn't be paranoid.

Nothing like walking down the train tracks with a blunt hanging out your mouth, a coffee energy drink in your hand on the way to some kind of buffet or Mexican food place.

That's like a special day of luxury indeed.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 3:08:01 AM
At 7/21/2011 3:06:44 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/21/2011 12:23:58 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Good job poejoe. Now for some more intense stuff.

Like some E

Most amazing thing ever. Hurray for incriminating ourselves on the internet. Wait, I never actually stated I did it :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 3:13:46 AM

First time, body's not really used to it. Also you probably paid too much attention to the fact that you actually did it for the first time to really just sit back and let the effects take place. Besides you have to do something awesome like listening to kickass music or watching a trippy movie.

I got totally gone a week ago while listening to Hotel California. It was the craziest high I ever had in my life. I was hot-boxing in a friend's car sitting shotgun and I kept moving the seat back up and down for no reason, and laughing incessantly at everything. When the solo came on, it actually felt, dare I say, orgasmic. And don't get me started on how great Any Colour You Like by Pink Floyd (or anything by them) sounded. Traditional 70s stoner music ftw.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 3:19:29 AM
At 7/21/2011 3:13:46 AM, jat93 wrote:

First time, body's not really used to it. Also you probably paid too much attention to the fact that you actually did it for the first time to really just sit back and let the effects take place. Besides you have to do something awesome like listening to kickass music or watching a trippy movie.

I got totally gone a week ago while listening to Hotel California. It was the craziest high I ever had in my life. I was hot-boxing in a friend's car sitting shotgun and I kept moving the seat back up and down for no reason, and laughing incessantly at everything. When the solo came on, it actually felt, dare I say, orgasmic. And don't get me started on how great Any Colour You Like by Pink Floyd (or anything by them) sounded. Traditional 70s stoner music ftw.

Especially Any Colour. Like damn, this is the epitome of trippiness.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 4:00:37 AM
At 7/21/2011 3:08:01 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Like some E

Most amazing thing ever. Hurray for incriminating ourselves on the internet. Wait, I never actually stated I did it :p.

Never did, never will. E can kill you in a dose.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 4:01:24 AM
At 7/21/2011 3:22:44 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I didn't enjoy my first time at all either. I went completely schizophrenic.

thats silly. Weed cant cause schizophrenia. Standing in front of a microwave can.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:03:04 AM
At 7/21/2011 4:00:37 AM, Rockylightning wrote:

Like some E

Total BS. Very few people have died from E. The way it can really kill you is from dehydration or from over hydration. The best solution to avoid any of those is not to take 10 pills at once :p. The best way to avoid dehydration is to drink water, it's that simple!
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:05:18 AM
At 7/21/2011 3:22:44 AM, FREEDO wrote:
I didn't enjoy my first time at all either. I went completely schizophrenic.

Wait! What? As opposed to what?

The first time you get high off pot always sucks, since you don't know what to expect. After a few other times it just becomes cool and you can chill and look at the cool colors.
Open borders debate:
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:06:20 AM
I remember my first high.

Does anyone know how much an ounce goes for, typically? I usually just buy in grams and I've never dealt with this volume previously.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:50:01 AM
At 7/21/2011 11:03:04 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 7/21/2011 4:00:37 AM, Rockylightning wrote:

Like some E

Total BS. Very few people have died from E. The way it can really kill you is from dehydration or from over hydration. The best solution to avoid any of those is not to take 10 pills at once :p. The best way to avoid dehydration is to drink water, it's that simple!

Uh yeah. Ok thanks for the advice.

In the past year two people have died from E in my town.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:51:03 AM
At 7/21/2011 11:06:20 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I remember my first high.

Does anyone know how much an ounce goes for, typically? I usually just buy in grams and I've never dealt with this volume previously.

':O
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:48:54 PM
Ha, who knew there were so many potheads on DDO??? We should have a party and just get baked out of our minds! I jest, I jest. I wonder if the majority of regular members here have done it...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 12:51:49 PM
I have a mental disorder that mimics the effects of pot, except it is constant and you cant turn it off. Pot smoking literally does nothing for me.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 1:06:23 PM
At 7/21/2011 12:51:49 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I have a mental disorder that mimics the effects of pot, except it is constant and you cant turn it off. Pot smoking literally does nothing for me.

Out of curiosity, what is this mental disorder?
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 1:12:22 PM
At 7/21/2011 1:06:23 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Heaven?

My friend just texted me for a base price. I couldn't shell out a few hundred for weed in one sitting.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 1:34:27 PM
At 7/21/2011 1:12:22 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Heaven?

My friend just texted me for a base price. I couldn't shell out a few hundred for weed in one sitting.

Dude, you're a 14 year old female pothead? I don't know any female potheads let alone ones that are 3/4 years younger than me. When did you try pot for the first time (just curious)?
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 1:37:26 PM
At 7/21/2011 1:34:27 PM, jat93 wrote:

Heaven?

Dude, you're a 14 year old female pothead? I don't know any female potheads let alone ones that are 3/4 years younger than me. When did you try pot for the first time (just curious)?

Um, maybe 12.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 2:14:21 PM

Heaven?
uhh... no no no...

not exactly functional in society when everything to you is .... ooh neat (insert random object) .... what did you say again? I missed it.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 2:46:59 PM

If it's low-quality, an ounce usually goes for $80-$100 around here. For high-quality, you can double or triple that.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 11:08:01 PM

My thoughts are that this is pretty uncharacteristic of what a first experience is like (perhaps I'm wrong). You're first high is usually THE high. My first high on weed was more intense than any coke, acid, or shrooms trip I've ever gotten. But I guess it's unique for everyone.

I smoked a bunch of times, pretty good amounts too, before I actually could break the seal and do it. I smoked for a week straight, going out and hitting a pipe over and over again. Finally after several attempts I rolled 4 joints and went into the woods with my friend and smoked them all, and it finally hit me. I could have had all the symptoms you had in that paragraph and it wouldn't have mattered because I wouldn't have known. I kept "waking up" every ten seconds... it felt similar to when you're asleep, wake up suddenly, and have no idea where you are for a second or two - except it kept happening over and over again.
Rob