Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why is the U.S still obese

wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 6:58:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM, wierdman wrote:
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.:

Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 7:05:12 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 6:58:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM, wierdman wrote:
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.:

Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.

1. reducing trans fat in school lunch.
2.Managing amount of fat used in restaurant foods.
3. physical education times in school should be increased.
4.reduce snacks in school vending machines
5. serve inappropriate lunch in school..
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:05:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 7:05:12 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:58:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM, wierdman wrote:
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.:

Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.

1. reducing trans fat in school lunch.
2.Managing amount of fat used in restaurant foods.
3. physical education times in school should be increased.
4.reduce snacks in school vending machines
5. serve inappropriate lunch in school..

So governments should be able to control people's diets? Odd, I thought they were still atleast pretending not to be totalitarian.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:09:34 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:05:30 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/25/2011 7:05:12 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:58:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM, wierdman wrote:
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.:

Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.

1. reducing trans fat in school lunch.
2.Managing amount of fat used in restaurant foods.
3. physical education times in school should be increased.
4.reduce snacks in school vending machines
5. serve inappropriate lunch in school..

So governments should be able to control people's diets? Odd, I thought they were still atleast pretending not to be totalitarian.

Yes the government would be able to control people's diet but in an indirecty way where the people would still be able to eat whatever they like but this time, its porepared a lilitle healthier.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.
Pozzo
Posts: 139
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:36:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

Otherwise, how will you be healthy enough to effectively serve our Glorious Government during its oil crusades?
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:41:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

example: having orange juice with only 90 calories rather than 400 calories
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:42:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:36:52 AM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

Otherwise, how will you be healthy enough to effectively serve our Glorious Government during its oil crusades?

Naturally this was the answer I was looking for.
Our governments will make us as swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire, and some will even have the privelege of being as mysterious as the dark side of the moon (though I'm not sure how that will help).
Eat healthy, serve the magic wand of government and be a man.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:42:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:36:52 AM, Pozzo wrote:
Otherwise, how will you be healthy enough to effectively serve our Glorious Government during its oil crusades?

Lol, exactly.
President of DDO
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:44:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:41:15 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

example: having orange juice with only 90 calories rather than 400 calories

If it changes the taste, or cost should I not retain the liberty to choose the 400 calorie orange juice? Your example doesn't back up your argument at all.
I note you haven't resolved your contradiction, or answered the question, but I didn't really expect you to be able to.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:56:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:44:40 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:41:15 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

example: having orange juice with only 90 calories rather than 400 calories

If it changes the taste, or cost should I not retain the liberty to choose the 400 calorie orange juice? Your example doesn't back up your argument at all.
I note you haven't resolved your contradiction, or answered the question, but I didn't really expect you to be able to.

my argument is that the United States should do all in its power to ensure a fit United states. Just becuase something cost less doesn't mean its healthy.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 9:03:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:56:16 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:44:40 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:41:15 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

example: having orange juice with only 90 calories rather than 400 calories

If it changes the taste, or cost should I not retain the liberty to choose the 400 calorie orange juice? Your example doesn't back up your argument at all.
I note you haven't resolved your contradiction, or answered the question, but I didn't really expect you to be able to.

my argument is that the United States should do all in its power to ensure a fit United states.
So being healthy more important than liberty? That is bizarre. Why do you value other people's healthiness so much? Surely it should be up to them to decide how healthy they should be?
Also, consider the phrase "all in its power". I grant you that you are consistant, however, doing "all in its power" would include locking everyone up in camps so that the state can forcibly apply the "correct" and shoot anyone dissenting, or possibly even worse.

Just becuase something cost less doesn't mean its healthy.

I never said it did. I was giving alternate reasons why someone might choose a product. Certain healthy foods can be very expensive. Occasionally I choose to eat unhealthy foods to save money. You for some reason believe that a government should be able to stop this.
wierdman
Posts: 721
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 9:13:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 9:03:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:56:16 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:44:40 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:41:15 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

example: having orange juice with only 90 calories rather than 400 calories

If it changes the taste, or cost should I not retain the liberty to choose the 400 calorie orange juice? Your example doesn't back up your argument at all.
I note you haven't resolved your contradiction, or answered the question, but I didn't really expect you to be able to.

my argument is that the United States should do all in its power to ensure a fit United states.
So being healthy more important than liberty? That is bizarre. Why do you value other people's healthiness so much? Surely it should be up to them to decide how healthy they should be?
Also, consider the phrase "all in its power". I grant you that you are consistant, however, doing "all in its power" would include locking everyone up in camps so that the state can forcibly apply the "correct" and shoot anyone dissenting, or possibly even worse.

Just becuase something cost less doesn't mean its healthy.

I never said it did. I was giving alternate reasons why someone might choose a product. Certain healthy foods can be very expensive. Occasionally I choose to eat unhealthy foods to save money. You for some reason believe that a government should be able to stop this.

This will not take away there freedom and it will also increase ones health
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 9:14:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 9:13:27 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 9:03:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:56:16 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:44:40 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:41:15 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

example: having orange juice with only 90 calories rather than 400 calories

If it changes the taste, or cost should I not retain the liberty to choose the 400 calorie orange juice? Your example doesn't back up your argument at all.
I note you haven't resolved your contradiction, or answered the question, but I didn't really expect you to be able to.

my argument is that the United States should do all in its power to ensure a fit United states.
So being healthy more important than liberty? That is bizarre. Why do you value other people's healthiness so much? Surely it should be up to them to decide how healthy they should be?
Also, consider the phrase "all in its power". I grant you that you are consistant, however, doing "all in its power" would include locking everyone up in camps so that the state can forcibly apply the "correct" and shoot anyone dissenting, or possibly even worse.

Just becuase something cost less doesn't mean its healthy.

I never said it did. I was giving alternate reasons why someone might choose a product. Certain healthy foods can be very expensive. Occasionally I choose to eat unhealthy foods to save money. You for some reason believe that a government should be able to stop this.

This will not take away there freedom and it will also increase ones health

Are you an idiot?
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 10:37:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:36:52 AM, Pozzo wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

Otherwise, how will you be healthy enough to effectively serve our Glorious Government during its oil crusades?

Of course, we must also enlist all of them in the army (of course, with possible exemption due to cancer or death) and forcibly exercise them for 3 hours a day. Setting attack dogs on them would be great- not only would it be like COD (which is of course, awesome), but it would also be like natural selection (everyone slow would be eaten) and it's cheap. WIN-WIN-WIN!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 9:41:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.

1. reducing trans fat in school lunch.:

They already have implemented that, and you're also focusing on a fraction of the demographic. "School lunch?" What about the 210 million other people in the workforce?

2.Managing amount of fat used in restaurant foods.:

So in other words, you want government goons regulating what people eat (the food police) thereby affecting the livelihood of businesses and patrons when the problem ultimately is one of SELF-restraint?

3. physical education times in school should be increased.:

Great... Again, what about the other millions upon millions of people who are not in school?

4.reduce snacks in school vending machines:

So in other words, force people in the vending machine business to lose revenue so you can ensure that you don't have to look at fat people.

5. serve inappropriate lunch in school..:

Like what, styrofoam?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 9:43:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
So governments should be able to control people's diets? Odd, I thought they were still atleast pretending not to be totalitarian.

Yes the government would be able to control people's diet but in an indirecty way where the people would still be able to eat whatever they like but this time, its porepared a lilitle healthier.:

You mean the kind of indirect way where they directly tell you what to eat? Sounds fascist.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 9:51:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why should the Government do anything about it? You guys have private health care right? The state has no vested interest in even acknowledging the issue.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 2:25:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 7:05:12 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:58:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM, wierdman wrote:
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.:

Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.

1. reducing trans fat in school lunch.
Fat content in food isn't the main contender in the obesity epidemic.
In fact, high-fat diets are typically very healthy. I lost 6lb on an all-fat diet that I was on for two-weeks. I had nothing but bacon, beef, cheese, eggs, everything that had a lot of sodium, fat and protein in it. The one thing I deprived myself of was sugar/carbohydrates. I had tons of long-lasting energy during this diet, and I hardly did any exercise.
2.Managing amount of fat used in restaurant foods.
See above
3. physical education times in school should be increased.
In grades K-8, I'm fine with that, but that time during High School is better used in
4.reduce snacks in school vending machines
Because children are brainless gnomes who can't make appropriate decisions for themselves, right?
5. serve inappropriate lunch in school..
What?

I'm under the impression you know little to NOTHING about health and nutrition. It seems your logic is based around the "Federally approved" Food pyramid, which is one huge Egyptian-styled fallacy that has contributed to the obesity epidemic.

I HIGHLY encourage you to watch the documentary "Fat Head" that attacks the contentions behinds the movie "Super Size Me" and unravels the truths to obesity in America.

What is the causing the epidemic?
Carbohydrates.
turn down for h'what
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 3:27:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:11:46 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
Why should the government be able to control your diet? Whether it is directly or indirectly is irrelevent. Also; large contradiction - you said people should be able to eat whatever they like but also that the government should control their diet.

Reply: The government already controls your diet to an extent. Do you process that food that you buy? No, the government's regulations decide what you will or will not eat in any food that is sold to the public. Many people have no choice but to buy what is on the shelves at the grocery store and the healthiest food is the most expensive. All food sold to the public goes through the government's regulations, so the government does control your food.The government wants you to be steadily addicted to fattening sugary food. It keeps them rich and the public obese, lazy, and sluggish to rebel against anything that the government should not be doing.

Obese people are easy to control. Just give them some junkfood and a television/computer.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 7:48:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 8:05:30 AM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 7/25/2011 7:05:12 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:58:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM, wierdman wrote:
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.:

Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.

1. reducing trans fat in school lunch.
2.Managing amount of fat used in restaurant foods.
3. physical education times in school should be increased.
4.reduce snacks in school vending machines
5. serve inappropriate lunch in school..

So governments should be able to control people's diets? Odd, I thought they were still atleast pretending not to be totalitarian.

umm... 4 of the 5 things were not totalitarian. Though I think that schools should not necessarily make healthier options, but make their healthier options cheaper. I remember in HS, a 20 oz soda was $1.00, and a 16 oz apple juice was $1.60. Raise the price of the soda to $1.25 and cut the price of apple juice to $1.25 (or more) and the two will offset each other. Soda sales will drop, apple juice sales will go up.

That combined with better options.

The physical education is an important part, along with nutritional science classes (that will also help people aviod stupid fad diets that won't work).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 7:50:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/4/2011 9:51:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Why should the Government do anything about it? You guys have private health care right? The state has no vested interest in even acknowledging the issue.

Because eating healthier is cheaper in the long run, and if the government wants to keep or expand it's health care, it needs to make it as cost effective as possible.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 12:47:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 7:48:57 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
umm... 4 of the 5 things were not totalitarian. Though I think that schools should not necessarily make healthier options, but make their healthier options cheaper. I remember in HS, a 20 oz soda was $1.00, and a 16 oz apple juice was $1.60. Raise the price of the soda to $1.25 and cut the price of apple juice to $1.25 (or more) and the two will offset each other. Soda sales will drop, apple juice sales will go up.

the sad thing is the apple juice isn't much better for you than the soda. 3.2 g sugar per ounce vs 3.3 in soda. and enough vitamin c to make up your daily requirement. all the good fiber and stuff is conspicuously absent. people just need to avoid sugary drinks as much as possible...
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:30:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/8/2011 7:50:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/4/2011 9:51:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Why should the Government do anything about it? You guys have private health care right? The state has no vested interest in even acknowledging the issue.

Because eating healthier is cheaper in the long run, and if the government wants to keep or expand it's health care, it needs to make it as cost effective as possible.

Free market private health care insurance could likely solve the problem, since health care companies can charge premiums If you decide to live an unhealthy lifestyle.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 11:18:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/4/2011 2:25:52 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
At 7/25/2011 7:05:12 AM, wierdman wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:58:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM, wierdman wrote:
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.:

Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.

1. reducing trans fat in school lunch.
Fat content in food isn't the main contender in the obesity epidemic.
In fact, high-fat diets are typically very healthy.

Source?

I lost 6lb on an all-fat diet that I was on for two-weeks. I had nothing but bacon, beef, cheese, eggs, everything that had a lot of sodium, fat and protein in it. The one thing I deprived myself of was sugar/carbohydrates. I had tons of long-lasting energy during this diet, and I hardly did any exercise.
2.Managing amount of fat used in restaurant foods.
See above
3. physical education times in school should be increased.
In grades K-8, I'm fine with that, but that time during High School is better used in
4.reduce snacks in school vending machines
Because children are brainless gnomes who can't make appropriate decisions for themselves, right?

Pretty much. (That's not sarcasm.)

5. serve inappropriate lunch in school..
What?

I'm under the impression you know little to NOTHING about health and nutrition. It seems your logic is based around the "Federally approved" Food pyramid, which is one huge Egyptian-styled fallacy that has contributed to the obesity epidemic.

I HIGHLY encourage you to watch the documentary "Fat Head" that attacks the contentions behinds the movie "Super Size Me" and unravels the truths to obesity in America.

What is the causing the epidemic?
Carbohydrates.

Source? That doesn't involve me going out and buying/renting a documentary?

Obesity is caused by food. I doubt it's caused by carbohydrates. Carbohydrates just happen to be the building blocks of a lot of food.
TheBaldKnobbers
Posts: 92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2011 11:20:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 6:58:28 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/25/2011 6:55:02 AM, wierdman wrote:
for many generations now, the United States has been known as the obese nation; however we see that throughout the course of time, the amount of obese people in the United States is not getting smaller, rather it is increasing at a fast rate.

The United states government has done nothing of significance to try and reduce this problem.:

Please tell me how the government can do anything beyond raising awareness.

stop wasteful agricultural subsidies, particularly corn